Trade Talk

Roy’s Rolling 22 and Trade Talk: Rd 19

Roy has a look at the rolling 22 and a few viable trade targets. Use the comments section to discuss your best 22 and trade ideas with the community.

• Roy

Defenders:

Rory Laird
Gus Brayshaw
Elliot Yeo
Lachie Whitfield
Jake Lloyd
Kade Simpson

Who to bring in? Alex Witherden (DEF, $631,000) The young gun is firing up as we head toward finals with a three round average of 117. He is coming off a season high 138 and has a break even of just 60. Not only is he in great form, be is owned by just 3% of the competition and has the Grand Final at the GABBA where we has scores of 127, 116 and 138 within his last four games there. On the weekend he had an equal season high 31 possessions, 12 marks and four tackles and he hasn’t dropped under 27 possessions in the last three weeks.

Midfielders:

Tom Mitchell
Andrew Gaff
Jack Macrae
Dayne Beams
Zach Merrett
Josh Kelly
Matt Crouch
Clayton Oliver

Who to bring in? Taylor Adams (MID, $626,000) Is a far cry from what he was producing last year but given his price and upside, he is an option for cash starved coaches searching for a midfield upgrade. Against the Roos he pumped out his highest score for the year with 135 which bumps his average up to 103 in the last three games. He is very unique, owned by less than 2% of the competition and has certainly looked more like a premium since Adam Treloar went down injured collecting 27 or more possessions in his last four games after only reaching that mark on three occasions leading up to that point. He is down $182K since the start of the year and has a BE of 74.

Clayton Oliver (MID, $745,000) has forced his way into the rolling 22 with a five round average of 115 and a ridiculous three round average of 133. The huge bonus is his low ownership with less than 8% currently enjoying his dominant form. He has a break even of 88 and a very favourable run of matchups in the run home. In the last three weeks he has lows of 34 possessions, four marks and six tackles… which goes to show he is in beast mode.

Ruck:

Brodie Grundy
Max Gawn

Forward:

Devon Smith
Justin Westhoff
Patrick Dangerfield
Isaac Heeney
Chad Wingard
Tom Rockliff

Who to bring in? Josh Dunkley (FWD/MID, $610,000) has always shown Fantasy potential and since a stint in the VFL, he has come back as a midfielder and is dominating as a result, especially when compared to other forwards. His last four scores of 112, 109, 99 and 104 are worthy of rolling 22 consideration for the run home and his BE of 73 reflects the form. Prior to round 15 Dunkley had only reached 20 possessions on one occasion with 22 but in the last four he has a low of 23 and high of 30.

Downgrade target:

Jarrod Lienert (DEF, $199,000) had a great debut for the Power. The mature ager had 20 possessions at 90 per cent efficiency while also taking five marks and two tackles. He did his job security no harm with that performance and he would be a handy downgrade/emergency.

My Trades:

Big Oscar to Cameron,

Taranto to Oliver

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @RoyDT

BenOswald

July 24, 2018 at 8:11 am

Dunkley or Wingard?

DBoms

July 24, 2018 at 9:28 am

I really like the look of Dunkley in his current role, mostly because he loves a tackle.
      Although I would be a little hesitant to bring him in with the Bont back in the team this week. He has not played this mid role with both Bont and Macrae in the team (Dunkley started playing mid before Bont was out, but Macrae came in the week Bont went out).

I do think Dunkley will continue to play mid time because it seems as if McLean has been playing reduced mid time since Dunkley has gone in, so I’m not sure how McLean will be affected this week..?

It’s worth consideration anyway.

Intelsonic

July 24, 2018 at 8:14 am

Currently stuck with my second trade so help would be apprechiated

Def; Laird, Whitfield, Brayshaw, Yeo, Simpson, Hurn (o’riordan, smith)

Mid: Mitchell, Oliver, Merret, Cripps, Coniglio, Zorko, Hunter, Wines (siers, wilson)

Ruck: grundy, gawn (cameron, abbot)

Fwd: smith, menegola, rocky, mclean, wingard, de goey (ahern, battle)

47k left

1st trade was Gibbs>Oliver

Thinking either hurn/simmo to witherden or a downgrade for next week, any other suggestions would be much apprechiated though

David C

July 24, 2018 at 8:39 am

You could possibly downgrade Ahern to a debuting forward when teams are announced. Baker at Richmond and Greene at the doggies are strong chances. Upgrade Hunter or Wines next week.

Intelsonic

July 24, 2018 at 9:05 am

Realised with advanced trades I can bring in Lienert so at this stage thats my second trade, $253k to go nuts with next week!

Paul

July 24, 2018 at 11:36 am

+1 was going to say this as that is what I did this week

Chris

July 24, 2018 at 8:34 am

Danger or Devon?

Alan J

July 24, 2018 at 8:54 am

Any love for Buddy to come good on the run home?!

Still only have 3 of the Top 8 MIDs but will be bringing in 2 of Macrae/Kelly/Cogs/Crouch in the next couple weeks

Nostro

July 24, 2018 at 9:39 am

I think Buddy might start a good run this week Alan. Hurley doesn’t seem to be in brilliant form atm, so possibly the start of things to come vs the Dons? And followed up with have a cracker against the Pies. Not just cause he’s ‘due’, but I think Dunne being out means Sharenberg has to play tall.

However, on paper Swans do have a tough run, not 1 ‘easy’ game coming up – so you can think half cup full or half cup empty in regards to Buddy’s coming good on the run home.

Other than Wingard, I’ve had a fairly set and forget rolling 22 forward line for much of the year. I’ve got Mclean rather than Chad – no complaints bout that, esp given he was in my starting lineup.

Back to Bud…..could be an interesting POD. For similar $$$ there’s Darling also. I know what you’re thinking, but last weeks 109 seems to indicate he’s back to pre-injury form (fantasy friendly), defying previous years non-fantasy relevant style.

Just a thought…..

Cheers!!!

Jesse

July 24, 2018 at 9:59 am

who should I get in beams or macrae

Alan J

July 24, 2018 at 9:59 am

Good points Nostro.. I’m trading out Hoges for someone and JUST can’t afford McLean, hence my interest in Buddy and looks like Sydney have a kinder run home than Melbourne which will hopefully net some extra points per week..

In any case, getting him lets me upgrade J.Smith to Witherden meaning I have 5 of the rolling 22 defenders (Witherden instead of Simpson) and 5 of the rolling 22 forwards (Buddy instead of the Hoff)

Kingzy

July 24, 2018 at 1:52 pm

I wouldnt be keen on Buddy, he is not getting it done.

I would go for Crozier if going for a cheap FWD

Alan J

July 25, 2018 at 10:42 am

I only want to trade in keepers from here though, and I can’t see Crozier being my F6 at year end. Buddy ain’t playing the best for sure, but he does have it in him to average 100+ for the rest of the season and hoping playing his favourite team will be the kick start he needs..

It’s that or downgrade Hogan to Frampton and play him or Narkle (if named) at F6 for the week and then upgrade McInereny (via DPP) to McLean/Westhoff/Menegola next week

Kingzy

July 24, 2018 at 10:02 am

Just a thought, Dunkley is getting it done.
    BUT
    Bont is out, if he comes back he could take Dunkleys spot in the mid.
    Might not, but check out his scores with and without Bont playing

Nostro

July 24, 2018 at 10:21 am

Dunkley has been fairly solid Kingzy, but I assume his recent good run has a bit to do with Bont being sidelined. He also cost a bit more than Darling/Buddy.

How about Alan….a downgrade for Hogan, sort your backline this week and look to bring in a premo or at least steady forward next week?

Daddsy

July 24, 2018 at 10:31 am

Trading Giro down to Freeman, Gibbs to Dangerfield.
    Next week will be Sier down to 170k player and then Ahern to Macrae via Danger DPP. Very happy with that.

Nostro

July 24, 2018 at 10:38 am

As for the rolling best forwards, I think McLean since round 15 (post injury) has scored a very similar total to Chad and obviously the first 10 or 11 rounds there was no comparison due to Chad having little time in the midfield.

I’d be happy with either, although I’m always concerned of a role change with Chad on any given week!

As for Kelly still making the rolling 22, I think that’s way off. His numbers have been down since Cog’s has returned, other than his first week back. Cripp’s numbers easily eclipse Kelly’s over the same period of time. Without looking at all of the midfield numbers, at a guess I’d assume guys like Redden also have a higher average over the past 5 weeks.

Can’t always believe everything that is written as fact. That said, it’s just 1 person’s opinion. Not having a crack, I always enjoy the read and do appreciate the effort. Cheers!

Kanye

July 24, 2018 at 10:56 am

Thoughts on Heeney vs Mclean,
    I’m thinking Mclean, did heeney play more extractor with Hanners being out last week?

John

July 24, 2018 at 12:23 pm

I know Bont will be back this week, but does Dahlhaus being out for the season mean that Dunkley will still get a decent run in the guts?

Looking at him for F6.

Constantinople

July 24, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Who the better option- danger or westhoff?

AFLFantasy2k18

July 24, 2018 at 12:40 pm

Be cautious with Oliver this week considering he could get a Riley Knight tag?

Dickwilly

July 24, 2018 at 2:18 pm

Thoughts on Kane Lambert?

Kanye

July 24, 2018 at 3:37 pm

Hard pass

PowerAde

July 25, 2018 at 3:12 pm

see Dbom’s bit in ripe for the picking about lambert, hoping the trend continues as a lambert holder

Maz1no

July 24, 2018 at 3:52 pm

Rocky and Wingard over Menegola??

M8

July 24, 2018 at 9:12 pm

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Simpson, Whitfield, Sicily (Lynch, O’Riordan)
    MID: Mitchell, Kellly, Sidebottom, Coniglio, Cripps, Merrett, Crouch, Heeney (Smith, Sier)
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: Dangerfield, McLean, Smith, Wingard, Rockliff, Ronke (Ahern, Narkle)

Cash: $129k

Currently have gone Sicily to Brayshaw and McInerney to Frampton/Abbott. Leaving $251k to get Ronke off field next week. Thoughts?

T-Bag

July 25, 2018 at 7:00 am

Enjoy it and like it. I’m double downgrading this week so I can bring in Gaf and Macrae next week.

Ryan

July 25, 2018 at 9:20 am

I’ve done my two trades this week;
    Franklin to Dangerfield
    Murphy to Lienart (free some cash)

However wondering what people’s thoughts were on who I should play in the midfield.

1. Ahern plays midfield and danger upfront with Sier my emergency in midfield

2. Keep Danger forward but change Sier for Ahern.

I think Ahern got one more price jump in him before I trade up to premium next week (as Lienart trades got me $230k). Sier has Richmond and Ahern has West Coast.. not sure who’ll score better??

Nostro

July 25, 2018 at 2:54 pm

Agreed – Ahern should easily earn another weeks worth of cash. Saw his game last week, I didn’t think much, then again was not a great game for many of the Kangas. His place seems fairly secure & likely a solid fantasy player of the future.

However, I moved Danger forward with Ahern & traded him out to a midfield premo. Just leaves Parker and Steven to give me grief, until they go!

smile