Team Sheets

Team Sheets – Round 18

All the news, rumours, and team sheets for Round 18!

IT’S THURSDAY!!!

Key Updates:

Summary:

Not a great amount of changes this week!  Darcy Cameron (RUC, 170,000) debuting is among the biggest news after averaging massive numbers in the NEAFL.  The 9.7% of owners who held onto Josh Battle (FWD, 284,000) can welcome him back this week, just like the 33.3% that own Joel Smith (DEF, 265,000) and the 19.8% that held Sam Murray (DEF, 495,000)Jarrod Lienert (DEF, 170,000) is again in the extended squad, as is Brett Deledio (FWD, 591,000) after a successful NEAFL return.

David Swallow (MID, 555,000) is an exclusion I didn’t see coming, he and Jimmy Webster (DEF, 500,000) have burned POD-hunters this round, as has Matthew Kreuzer (RUC, 518,000)Michael Hibberd (DEF, 458,000), James Sicily (DEF/FWD, 645,000), and Nic Naitanui (RUC, 546,000) will all miss extended periods and are must-trades.

Finally, Robbie Gray (FWD, 492,000) and Josh P. Kennedy (MID, 607,000) have both been named.

INS:

St. Kilda: Josh Battle, Sebastian Ross.

Richmond: Nathan Broad, Connor Menadue, Kamdyn McIntosh.

Collingwood: Sam Murray, Mason Cox.

North Melbourne: Nil.

Sydney: Darcy Cameron.

Gold Coast: Jacob Heron, Kade Kolodjashnij, Jesse Lonergan.

Essendon: Orazio Fantasia, David Zaharakis.

Fremantle: Taylin Duman, Darcy Tucker.

Brisbane: Nil.

Adelaide: Daniel Talia, Mitch McGovern.

Geelong: Lachie Henderson, Jordan Cunico.

Melbourne: Dom Tyson, Joel Smith.

Carlton: Jacob Weitering, Levi Casboult, Matthew Lobbe, Matthew Wright.

Hawthorn: Kaiden Brand, Ryan Schoenmakers, James Worpel.

West Coast: Dom Sheed, Nathan Vardy.

Western Bulldogs: Hayden Crozier, Tom Boyd.

Port Adelaide: Jasper Pittard, Jarrod Lienert.

GWS Giants: Brett Deledio.

OUTS:

St. Kilda: Jack Lonie (Injured), Jimmy Webster (Injured).

Richmond: Bachar Houli (Injured), Shai Bolton (Omitted), Corey Ellis (Omitted).

Collingwood: Ben Crocker (Omitted), Josh Daicos (Omitted).

North Melbourne: Nil.

Sydney: Daniel Robinson (Omitted).

Gold Coast: David Swallow (Rested), Josh Schoenfeld (Omitted), Jack Martin (Injured).

Essendon: Conor McKenna (Injured), Jake Long (Omitted).

Fremantle: Ryan Nyhuis (Suspension), Stephen Hill (Injured).

Brisbane: Nil.

Adelaide: Kyle Hartigan (Injured), Taylor Walker (Suspension).

Geelong: Sam Simpson (Omitted), Wylie Buzza (Omitted).

Melbourne: Mitch Hannan (Injured), Michael Hibberd (Injured).

Carlton: Matthew Kreuzer (Managed), Jed Lamb (Suspension), Jarrod Garlett (Omitted), Sam Rowe (Omitted).

Hawthorn: Tim O’Brien (Omitted), James Sicily (Injured), Taylor Duryea (Omitted).

West Coast: Nic Naitanui (Injured), Jake Waterman (Omitted).

Western Bulldogs: Patrick Lipinski (Omitted), Shane Biggs (Omitted).

Port Adelaide: Paddy Ryder (Injured), Riley Bonner (Omitted).

GWS Giants: Ryan Griffen (Injured).

St. Kilda vs Richmond

Collingwood vs North Melbourne

Sydney vs Gold Coast

Essendon vs Fremantle

Brisbane vs Adelaide

Geelong vs Melbourne

Carlton vs Hawthorn

West Coast vs Western Bulldogs

Port Adelaide vs GWS

1. j

July 19, 2018 at 6:53 pm

WTF saints? They gonna wait for Freeman to get injured again and miss half year before thinking about giving him a debut?

2. The Cricket

July 19, 2018 at 7:03 pm

OMG Cameron’s finally getting a game!
    Not that it matters much at this point in the season … though it’ll look strange having two playing rucks on my bench lol

• Sam

July 19, 2018 at 8:50 pm

Means you can downgrade R3 (presumably O-Mac), get that cash for upgrades, and still have ruck cover in case of a late out. Win!

• The Cricket

July 19, 2018 at 10:18 pm

Nah, Jones is my R3. Haven’t needed a ruck emergency yet this season (touch wood) so I’ll be interested to see how Cameron goes. Which of them will play more often, who scores more and who makes the most fast cash?
        Find myself wondering if Sinclair’s carrying a niggle … maybe a late out? Just a thought …

3. Matt

July 19, 2018 at 7:12 pm

Degoey to westhoff or doedee to simpson?

• The Cricket

July 19, 2018 at 7:34 pm

DeGoey to Westhoff imo
      Westhoff’s a top six forward – in great form and consistent. Loving having him in my team.
      I’m a Simpson owner and, while he’s clearly a top six defender, I do have slight concerns about his fitness atm (calf?) so I’d suggest waiting another week to see how he goes. And while Doodles probably won’t set the world on fire at least you can rely on a respectable 70 or so.

• Matt

July 19, 2018 at 7:45 pm

That’s what I was thinking too, Westhoff has let me down before but he’s looks good this year. thanks mate

4. Dan Butler For Brownlow

July 19, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Is it a good idea to bring in COR for Sic and field him for the rest of the season?
    Have 2 trades left in RDT and team is complete, and this allows me to do Ahern or another rook to Macrae and have 9 premo mids which I can switch around depending on matchup or injuries.
    I know using my last trades isn’t the best idea but Sic must be gotten rid of and Macrae is too good to ignore for 100K less

• Donthasslerosstheboss

July 19, 2018 at 7:37 pm

I notice he is in the last bench position and Heath grundy is E1 … thinking of bringing in Colin this week but horse and that scenario scares me

• The Cricket

July 19, 2018 at 7:42 pm

Don’t be fooled! The order in which clubs list their extended bench and emergency players means nothing! Don’t rely on this as an indication of who’s more likely to play.

• The Cricket

July 19, 2018 at 7:48 pm

But I do take your point about being wary of Horse and his rookies. I certainly wouldn’t be relying on O’Riordan to play out the season. I reckon his spot might be precarious when McVeigh returns. Good to have him generating cash on the bench, but I wouldn’t assume he can hold a spot on your field.

• Dan Butler For Brownlow

July 19, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for the reply, but with no cash in the bank the only other idea I have is to do Sic – a cheaper DEF premo like LMac or Brandon Ellis and an underperforming mid premo to Macrae. However that relies a bit on performance and price changes, and if all my mid premos go well…

• Jadstar

July 19, 2018 at 9:40 pm

Dare I say it but D.Rich has been going all right and could be an option for you,
            Jayden Short has been tracking really well too..

5. James Brown

July 19, 2018 at 8:10 pm

Parker or Rockliff out for Danger?

• chief007

July 19, 2018 at 9:11 pm

prob rockliff, Parker is a bit up and down, but could rockliff play fwd more if grey is a late out, basically whichever you want to keep for good sack the other, parker could have a good one against the suns this week as well

• James Brown

July 19, 2018 at 11:45 pm

Thanks, that’s what I was leaning towards

6. chief007

July 19, 2018 at 9:23 pm

laird, yeo, simpson, lloyd, brayshaw, sicily (pearce, smith)

mitchell, kelly, sidebottom, merrett, conigilo, curnow, danger, sier (narkle, wilson)

gawn,jacobs (abott, Cameron)

smith, heeney, mclean, westhoff, rockliff, ahern (rioli, clark)

got 276k in the bank

1.take the punt sicily to o’roirdan then rioli via danget to gaff(214 left), beams(281 left) or someone else

2. sicily to hurley/hurn the a downgrade somewhere

3. anything else you reckon

• Daniel Kotronis

July 19, 2018 at 9:41 pm

Not 100% sure that it will work but, give it a go:

Sicily to Hurley
      Rioli via Danger to Heppell
      Wilson can be swapped with Ahern.

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Brayshaw, Hurley (Pearce, Smith)
      MID: Mitchell, Kelly, Sidebottom, Merrett, Coniglio, Curnow, Heppell, Ahern (Narkle, Sier)
      RUC: Gawn, Jacobs (Abbott, Cameron)
      FWD: Smith, Heaney, McLean, Westhoff, Rockliff, Danger (Wilson, Clark)

• Chief007

July 19, 2018 at 10:01 pm

Nah 24k short, woulda been spot on, could go Ahern but he seems to be going pretty well and could be handy on the bench being a mid/fwd

• Daniel Kotronis

July 19, 2018 at 10:29 pm

You could go for Mundy, Shuey or Sloane. Mundy is one which I have traded in this week as a POD, who can consistently pump out 80+ and can sit in that MID/FWD position

• Chief007

July 19, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Cheers I’ll have a look into it

7. t-big

July 19, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Current team

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Simpson, Brayshaw, Whitfield (Keeffe, O’Riordan)
    MID: Mitchell, Kelly, Sidebottom, Gibbs, Merrett, Coniglio, Crouch, Shuey (Giro, Wilson)
    RUC: Gawn, Martin (McInerney, Crossley)
    FWD: Smith, Dangerfield, Heeney, McLean, Rockliff, Ahern (Narkle, Ryan)

Next week will bring in Darcy Cameron and one of Macrae or Westhoff

8. Sami

July 19, 2018 at 10:55 pm

What do we do with Robbie Gray? Anyone still holding him? I was originally planning g to trade him to danger but seeing him back in I’m now tempted to trade Guelfi for danger who’s sitting in f6 currently. Thoughts??

9. Dom

July 19, 2018 at 10:58 pm

Devon, Danger or Hoff?

10. smile

July 20, 2018 at 12:08 am

have nic nat, sicily and gray (late out)

1. (play Cameron R2) bring in heeney and heppell
    or
    2. (play ahern F6) bring in stef martin and shuey

11. Alan J

July 20, 2018 at 7:12 am

With a tag likely for Sidey this week and Eagles playing the Dogs, would it be worth trading Steele for Shuey??

Shuey likely to outscore him this week, but I’m doubtful Shuey remains my M8 for the rest of the season and the trade leaves me with 17k in the bank..

Sticking with Sidebum gives me more money in the bank for the coming weeks (through a downgrade of Big O with Cameron as cover) but I’ll miss out on a 95+ player at a VERY low price

• Nice Gary

July 20, 2018 at 10:55 am

Who’s going to tag him ?
      Jacobs isn’t playing

• Donthasslerosstheboss

July 20, 2018 at 11:02 am

Who’s tagging Sidebottom? Jacobs not selected again

• Donthasslerosstheboss

July 20, 2018 at 11:03 am

Haha x2

12. JarOfVegimiteForMeAndDad

July 20, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Anyone know what kind of impact Darcy Cameron’s inclusion will have on Sinclair’s score ?

• Simon

July 20, 2018 at 2:23 pm

Could only do one thing to it, couldn’t it?

• JarOfVegimiteForMeAndDad

July 20, 2018 at 2:50 pm

yeah suppose :( … Kind of wondering whether Sinclair will have less TOG or spend time up front or whatever