My Team

My Team 2018: Round 17

Discuss your round seventeen moves.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there and in the works!

Click here to subscribe on iTunes. (Please leave a rating and review to help us move up the charts).

moneyball_620

Click here for Fantasy points against stats thanks to Morts from @DFSAustralia

1. smile

July 9, 2018 at 8:47 am

Trade mihocek to
    Dusty
    Heppell
    Danger (fwd next week hopefully)

• Simon

July 9, 2018 at 9:31 am

Heppell. Cheap as chips, guaranteed 100 average from here. The other two are having a mare this year…

2. Shane

July 9, 2018 at 8:52 am

Anyone feel like Dusty is about to go bang? Seriously considering him at such a low price. Looked awesome in the 2nd half on Friday night

• Simon

July 9, 2018 at 9:33 am

Every premo I’ve traded has gone bang afterwards… Zorko, Zerrett, Billings, Parker, etc. I’ve held Dusty all year and not trading him yet. So wait a few more weeks.

3. Plugger

July 9, 2018 at 9:20 am

Agree. For most of last week I had him traded in, but switched to Shuey so I could also trade in Gawn. We are coming to the business end of the season and we have seen before how increased intensity is Dusty’s domain. Well worth serious consideration, IMHO.

4. Kingzy

July 9, 2018 at 9:34 am

It’s geting serious now, scored 2431 and moved up to rank 148.

So close to completing my team.
    Looking at:
    Mcinerney – Abbott
    Lachie Murphy – Whitfield

Def: laird, yeo, lloyd, Bradshaw, Whitfield, hurn (lynch, smith)
    Mid: titch, kelly, gaff, cogs, zerrett, crouch, Neale, Phillips (sier, Wilson)
    Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Abbott, Cameron)
    Fwd: Smith, hoff, Sicily, McLean, rocky, fristch (Clarke, battle)

Next week will be fristch to heeney.

5. Cherry Pickers

July 9, 2018 at 9:48 am

Trade ed curnow for heppel?

• Simon

July 9, 2018 at 11:11 am

Take out Heppell’s concussion and he’s averaging 104. Not bad for someone priced at less than Ed Langdon (92.2 ave), Callan Ward (93.1 ave) and JPK (92 ave). If you have nothing else, I reckon go for it.

Heppell, Pendles or Oliver should win the “most under-rated premo” award for 2018.

6. fartypants

July 9, 2018 at 9:49 am

Best mid, but can’t afford Gaff or MacRae…??
    Currently have Mitch, Coniglio, JKelly, Neale, Parker, Zerrett, Westhoff.
    Considering Crouch for value, Shiggins for POD, Whitfield so I can fix my last def spot next week, or Dusty or Heppell for value… open to any other ideas!

• Paul

July 9, 2018 at 10:40 am

Go with Crouch I reckon. Will average 110+ from now til the end of the season. Won’t get tagged as opposition will go to Sloane or Gibbs

• Simon

July 9, 2018 at 11:11 am

Jelwood?

7. Nick

July 9, 2018 at 9:58 am

Currently sitting 444 overall after a couple of decent but not spectacular weeks (stung by captaincy choices two weeks in a row). My team currently looks like this:

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Simpson, Whitfield, Ryan (Burton, J. Smith)
    MID: Mitchell, J. Kelly, J. Selwood, Z. Merrett, Cripps, McLean, Rockliff, Mundy (Ahern, Sier)
    RUCK: Gawn, Martin (S. Jones, Abbott)
    FWD: D. Smith, Westhoff, Menegola, Heeney, Fritsch, Wingard (Florent, McInerney)

My current thinking is Luke Ryan and Oliver Florent for Angus Brayshaw and Jamaine Jones, which leaves me with about $100k. Hopefully then I can downgrade McInerney, Burton and Ahern in the following weeks, which should leave me in decent shape injuries permitting – my only real weak links are Mundy, Fritsch and Wingard.

Alternatively, I could look to upgrade Mundy or Fritsch to Gaff, but I’m more confident about their scoring power than Ryan at the moment.

Thoughts?

• Simon

July 9, 2018 at 11:18 am

Wingard had a 5-round average north of 105… hardly a weak link.

Both proposed trades are solid. Check BEs for tie breaker.

8. smile

July 9, 2018 at 11:29 am

Brayshaw or menegola?

• Simon

July 9, 2018 at 11:30 am

Not Menegola

• the cricket

July 9, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Why’s that, Simon?

• Simon

July 9, 2018 at 2:55 pm

Because I’m not sure there’s much improvement in his scores left. His ceiling’s a lot lower and he’s competing against the best midfield in recent memory for a spot on the ball.

Ideally you’d get both, but given the choice I say Brayshaw.

• the cricket

July 10, 2018 at 1:49 am

Yep, there’s just something stopping me grabbing Menegola for my forward line. The Cats have so many top quality players through their midfield and forward half competing for the ball and fantasy points.

The one bloke I am sure of is Jelwood – absolute gun! Always a pleasure having his mug in my line-up (though I really do think he should have a bandaged head in his pic)

• PK

July 9, 2018 at 12:07 pm

Brayshaw

9. The Official Oscar McInerney

July 9, 2018 at 11:30 am

whats better

fritsch > lambert (underpriced player who is scoring well lately)
    j.steven > beams/oliver
    + 60k

or

fritsch > sicily
    j.steven > whitfield
    + 20k

10. Simon

July 9, 2018 at 11:31 am

Marc Murphy’s 69 on the weekend sure helps with completing everyone’s team in time for finals…

11. McGlovins

July 9, 2018 at 11:55 am

I need help…

Banfield > Beams and Guelfi > Long or 170K FWD rook
    or
    Banfield > Pendles and Rice > Lynch

All rooks are on bench.

• PK

July 9, 2018 at 12:06 pm

I like option 2, Pendles more durable than Beams and Lynch will make a heap of coin

• McGlovins

July 9, 2018 at 2:05 pm

Cheers, I have 1 pencilled in but that’s food for thought.

12. PK

July 9, 2018 at 12:02 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Yeo, Seedsman, Brayshaw, JSmith (Redman, Ridley)
    MID: Titch, Rockliff, Gaff, JKelly, Coniglio, Merrett, Crouch, TKelly (Ainsworth, Sier)
    RUC: Gawn, Grundy (Big O, Cameron)
    FWD: DSmith, Westhoff, McLean, Franklin, Billings, Fritch (Ahern, Battle)
    76k remaining.

I’m in desperate need of a D6 so I’m thinking
    Big O > 170k Ruck
    Redman > Crozier (has gone 95,101,75,107 since bye, b/e 36)
    1k left
    OR
    Redman > Lynch (play at D6)
    Fritch > Dusty (Via Rocky DPP)
    102k left

Crozier very tempting but missing Lynch’s cash increase will hurt. Thoughts?

• McGlovins

July 9, 2018 at 2:13 pm

Tough one. I’d be more inclined for 1. Just because I’m not convinced Dusty will turn around.

• mpoicc

July 9, 2018 at 3:16 pm

I’d probably go with the latter but with Lambert instead of Dusty. Lambert has a last 3 avg of 102.3 and is 37k cheaper than Dusty, you actually make money from Fritch, may be a bit of a risk though. I would be getting him in this week but am 10k short, may get him in next week if I can’t afford a more expensive premo that I want.

13. the cricket

July 9, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Crouch’s 67 in round 12 vs Freo @ Optus – what was the story there?

14. Alan J

July 9, 2018 at 12:44 pm

DEF & FWD lines are complete so looking to bring in an uber MID..

Kelly/Gaff are the obvious choices, but will leave me with less then 5k in the kitty..

Beams/Gibbs/Cogs/Crouch offer better savings for future upgrades…

• PK

July 9, 2018 at 12:51 pm

I’m loving having Crouch in my side although I do have Gaff & Kelly too.

If you need to do another big upgrade then Crouch, otherwise I’d get Gaff.

• Simon

July 9, 2018 at 3:02 pm

I’ve had Crouch twice this year already… not game for a third. Heppell good value, as is Dependlebury

• Alan J

July 9, 2018 at 4:37 pm

Cheers PK & Simon.. I’ll probably chase value and find the lowest BE with the “easiest” run

15. Lochie

July 9, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Thoughts:
    Ahern -> FWD Rook playing
    Fritsch -> Yeo (Sic to FWD line)

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Simmo, Brayshaw, Whitfield (Joyce, Cumming)
    MID: Titch, Kelly, Sidey, Merrett, Cripps, Cogs, Pendles, Danger (Sier, JSmith)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Abbott, Cameron)
    FWD: Smith, Westhoff, Sicily, McLean, Heeney, Walters (Rook playing, Wilsonp)

Bank: 50k

• PK

July 9, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Its a big call, I can see why you want/need Yeo to finish your team. But i wouldnt want to ditch Ahern as he is travelling so well and could make another 100k easily. If your happy I say go for it, but if Heeney is named but ends up being a late withdrawl then you’ll be bloody spewin you dont have Ahern on the bench!

How bout fritch to rocky? Means you can keep Ahern..

• Lochie

July 9, 2018 at 3:00 pm

i was looking at that but defenders are scoring more than forwards so it would be wiser to get sicily into the forward line which leaves walters only fwd to upgrade to rocky or menegola if danger doesnt get dpp

16. M8

July 9, 2018 at 1:34 pm

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Simpson, Whitfield, Ryan (Redman, Smith)
    MID: Mitchell, Kellly, Sidebottom, Coniglio, Cripps, Merrett, Crouch, Sier (Banfield, Narkle)
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Heeney, Smith, Wingard, Rockliff, Ahern (Guelfi, Ronke)

Cash: $204k

Currently have gone Ryan to Sicily and Redman to Lynch, leaving $137k for next week, Thoughts?

17. karen

July 9, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Selwood or Beams?

18. simon

July 9, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Who needs to be traded first out of Buddy And Robbie Gray?

• Where's the Fyfe

July 9, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Robbie Gray. He’s playing the forward role he had last season which we know impacts his scoring. Buddy is playing the same role that ends in a 90+ average.

19. Josh

July 9, 2018 at 2:44 pm

do we think dusty can go bang from here on end? I am considering going fritsch >lambert ( avg 99 in his last 4 with prestia back in the side he averages so much more, also a BE of 43) and then doing lachie murphy to dusty who will be my M8. This also leaves me with 1 rookie on field. or should i consider getting robbie gray out and leaving 2 rookies on field?

what do we think guys? would love to know some thoughts

• Daniel

July 9, 2018 at 2:59 pm

Highly considering Dusty myself

Looking at Curnow to Dusty
      Savage to Wingard

Dusty looked a lot better on Friday night, looked back to his old self. Still risky but could legit average 110-115 from here

20. ChrissyThom

July 9, 2018 at 3:34 pm

who to get in for Ronke?? Have $640K to play with

• the cricket

July 10, 2018 at 2:04 am

Your question’s a bit too broad!
      My general recommendation is to always be improving your team by getting the best players, not the best you can afford. And buy ’em cheap!

21. smile

July 9, 2018 at 3:51 pm

Brayshaw or Lloyd?

22. Where's the Fyfe

July 9, 2018 at 4:13 pm

First trade is locked – Florent to Mrouch. This leaves Ahern as my last rookie. Not sure what to do with the remaining 145k.

OPTION 1: Stef to Grundy. This was the original plan but Stef v Hawks without McEvoy and Grundy v NicNat means that their scoring might be similar this week.

OPTION 2: Goddard to Lloyd. Goddard doesn’t do enough while Lloyd is racking up 100s with ease. However, Goddard has a potentially easy game this week against the Suns.

OPTION 3: Austin to Billings/Lynch(Crows)/Jack Martin/McCluggage. This has the advantage of taking Ahern off the ground but the options aren’t exactly trustworthy.

• Alan J

July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Option 2.. Bizarrely enough, looking at the stats, Goddard plays better against the harder teams..

In the last 8 weeks he’s averaged 59 against Pies, Lions & Blues but 95 against Roos, Eagles, Tiges, Giants & Cats

• Where's the Fyfe

July 10, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Very interesting stats. I guess it makes sense that Goddard will get less of the ball if it isn’t in the backline as often. Thanks for the tip.

23. Frank

Frank

July 9, 2018 at 4:21 pm

Armitage a cheap short term rookie upgrade option to get an ‘all premo’ team? After coming back from injury he’s gone 96, 110, 105, BE 30, $489k…

24. HAWKA

July 9, 2018 at 4:21 pm

matt crouch, olivef, westhoff, mclean?

what is of main priority?

• Fyfe is Life

July 9, 2018 at 4:42 pm

mcrouch – he is cheap and will average 105+ from here on out easy

• Alan J

July 10, 2018 at 7:25 am

With Scooter back in the team, I’d expect him to run with Crouch on Thursday

25. Fyfe is Life

July 9, 2018 at 4:44 pm

I like him, if you could swing the trade he is a great temporary M8

26. hijacker

July 9, 2018 at 4:55 pm

I know how much Neale handballs and doesn’t do much else, but I’m still surprised that he’s fourth in the AFL for disposals. It’s probably slightly less surprising than Luke Breust being third for the Brownlow though cos he hasn’t been good for a while. (And Breust already has more goals than he had last year)

• Simon

July 10, 2018 at 8:11 am

Third for the Brownlow? WTF? He wouldn’t be third in his own club’s best and fairest… lay off the bongs, hombre

27. FilthyAF

July 9, 2018 at 5:16 pm

how do I recover from 2371 with the Simpson donut and posting the second highest score in my league only to have been matched up against the highest score in the league 2420 who got the Austin cover for Simpson, which now leaves me 2 wins out of the top 8 …. (this is in RDT)

• Guy Incognito

July 9, 2018 at 6:22 pm

by winning more games and hoping those above you lose more games

28. Jim

July 9, 2018 at 6:02 pm

Bulldogs fans, does Macrae’s return affect Dunkley’s role?

• PK

July 9, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Dunkley has been tagging, so I’d say no. However if they decide they dont need a tagger then he might push forward, which will be bad for scoring. Too much risk imo.

29. FilthyAF

July 9, 2018 at 6:26 pm

Sound advice good sir. I will take it in board

30. Jeremy

July 9, 2018 at 6:37 pm

Have 279k in the bank, who to trade out and who to trade in

Laird/ yeo/ Lloyd/ Seedsman/ DBJ/ doedee (Ridley/ keeffe)
    Titch/ gaff/ Cong/ Phillips/ zerrett/ rocky/ Wingard/ Stephenson (Sier/ j smith)
    Gawn/ goldy (crossley/ Cameron)
    Westy/ d smith/ mclean/ Heeney/ Sicily/ Taranto (ahern/ battle)

Thoughts people please

• Alex

July 10, 2018 at 2:33 am

Hmm Stephenson -> M Crouch maybe, also trade Ridley to the Dogs rookie at D7

31. Mad Fish

July 9, 2018 at 6:37 pm

Pretty happy with my team at the moment, will be looking to get rid of my underperforming premiums in the next couple of weeks.

DEF: Yeo, Lloyd, Brayshaw, Whitfield, Hurley, Savage, (Doedee, Ridley)
    MID: Titch, Gaff, Zerrett, Neale, Phillips, Danger, Parker, T Kelly, (Sier, J Smith)
    RUCK: Gawn, Nank, (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: Smith, Westhoff, Sicily, McLean, Wingard, Taranto, (Ahern, Apeness)
    $40k remaining

Looking at two options this week and just wondering which one is best. Opinions would be great thanks!

Option 1:
    Savage –> Lynch (play Doedee)
    Nank –> Grundy

Option 2:
    McInerney –> Abbott
    Savage –> Laird (leaving Doedee as emergency)

Nank has been pretty good after his bye so leaning towards option 2 at the moment.

What option do people think is better? Or is there something better I could do?

• Paul

July 9, 2018 at 7:31 pm

Option 1.
      Grundy hasn’t scored below 100 since Rd 1 and Doedee is still pumping decent scores to play on field.

• TossRosstheBoss

July 10, 2018 at 12:18 am

Nic Nat also hasn’t given up a 100 against him all year either

32. Big Bird

July 9, 2018 at 6:57 pm

Gday Guys. My team has been screwed around due to players becoming injured, however I’m happy with how it is at the moment. My current team is as follows

Bank: $606k

Defenders: Lloyd, Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Whitfield, Crisp (Smith, Mihocek)

Midfield: Mitchell, Coniglio, J.Kelly, Sidebottom, Merrett, Martin, Brayshaw (fremantle), Narkle (Giro, Wilson)

Ruck: Gawn, Martin

Forward: Smith, Heeney, Mclean, Hoff, Fritch, Ronke (Ahern and Keefe).

TRADES AT THIS STAGE

1st trade: Ronke > Wingard or Rockliff (leaning towards Rockliff)

2nd trade: Need help with this one.
    Crisp > Brayshaw (sideways trade)
    OR
    Fritch > Menagola
    OR
    Brayshaw > Gaff.

Options would be handy lads. Cheers

• Big Bird

July 9, 2018 at 6:59 pm

*Opinions

• Bjorn

July 9, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Brayshaw to Gaff for me out of those. Fritta has a good match up this week and Crisp/Brayshaw could score the same.

• Big Bird

July 9, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Thanks mate. Do you think rocky or wingard?

• PowerAde

July 9, 2018 at 8:17 pm

rocky and gaff seem pretty good at the expense of a couple of cows

33. Will

July 9, 2018 at 7:08 pm

Heppell and Lambert
    Or
    Dusty and Wingard?

• Bjorn

July 9, 2018 at 7:17 pm

Probably 2 – Mostly due to Lambert’s 4 scores below 60. You’d have to be really confident that recent form is a role change that is likely to be permanent before going ahead with that one.

34. Paul

July 9, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Back: Laird Yeo Lloyd Brayshaw Howe Goddard ( Redman/Smith )
    Mids: Titch Cogs Cripps Phillips Crouch Wines Merrett Rockliff ( Sier/Mutch )
    Ruck: Gawn Jacobs ( Cameron / McInerney )
    Fwd: Smith McLean Heeney Wingard Christensen Ahern ( Ryan/Wilson )

Bank = $60k

Options:
    Double Downgrade
    Redman > Lynch
    Ryan > 170k playing fwd

or

McInerney > Abbott
    Ryan > Shuey

35. Andy.J

July 9, 2018 at 7:46 pm

I find it hard to pick a captain. This round I took Tich who under-performed. (Cost me most of my league games) The previous week I didn’t take him and he scored big. He seems to be a gamble week to week.

36. smile

July 9, 2018 at 8:18 pm

Brayshaw or Lloyd ??

• Alex

July 10, 2018 at 2:37 am

Both top 5 defenders, Lloyd a fair bit cheaper at the moment isn’t he?

37. GWL

July 9, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Who’s going not average more for draft?

Ross or Tom Phillips

• Paul

July 10, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Phillips

38. killer

July 10, 2018 at 12:05 am

nic nat and mihocek to Martin and heppell/dusty
    or
    fritzch and mihocek to brayshaw and heppell/dusty?

advice guys

• David C

July 10, 2018 at 7:07 am

If you are going to upgrade your rucks then you have to get Grundy and Gawn.

39. mfawcett

July 10, 2018 at 12:10 am

Def: Yeo, Lloyd, Simpson, Goddard, Burton, Lynch (Duman, Ridley)
    Mids: Mitchell, Sidebottom, Beams, Merrett, Coniglio, Wines, Dangerfield, Rockliff (Clarke, Phillips)
    Ruck: Gawn, Martin (Frampton, Cameron)
    Fwd: Smith, Westhoff, Heeney, Wingard, Taranto, Gray (Ahern, Battle)

Thinking Duman & Phillips > Hurley and Porter if named as a 170k rookie. Leave me 60k left over. Any input would be good. Upgrade Burton next week. Happy for now as D6.

• Alex

July 10, 2018 at 2:36 am

If you feel confident in Matt Crouch, why don’t you swing rocky fwd and trade out Gray for him. Maybe Duman-> B Lynch?

40. killer

July 10, 2018 at 1:07 am

nic nat and mihocek to Martin and heppell/dusty
    or
    fritzch and mihocek to brayshaw and heppell/dusty?

advice guys?

• Alex

July 10, 2018 at 2:35 am

Not sure I am sold on Dusty yet, given he racked up points in the second half.

What else you got?