My Team

My Team 2018: Round 13

Discuss your round thirteen moves.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there and in the works!

Click here to subscribe on iTunes. (Please leave a rating and review to help us move up the charts).

moneyball_620

SYD15562.70.71526.42.70.5
WB1586.53.211614.13.71.1
WC1609.13.11.11498.22.71.1

Click here for Fantasy points against stats thanks to Morts from @DFSAustralia

1. Daniel

June 11, 2018 at 8:18 pm

Darcy Byrne-Jones the real deal? 95 across his last 7. 6 of those were 85+, the other was 73 when only one Port player went 80+. Has his bye and looks value

• Ictopol

June 11, 2018 at 8:41 pm

I think he’s a great option. Unfortunately, my defense is full this week so there’s no reason for me to trade him in.

June 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm

Move a def/mid to midfield and slot him in. Move the def/mid back after the byes.

Its what Im doing this week. I need to upgrade defence but have a “full field”.

Likely trading Yeo into my mids.

2. Ictopol

June 11, 2018 at 8:38 pm

How are these trades for the week?

Guelfi -> Wingard
    Walters -> Ed Curnow
    English -> Abbott

Walters has to go right? Is it reasonable to expect Wingard to average 85+ for the rest of the year?

• j

June 11, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Great trades, almost the same as my planned ones, except for Abbott.

I don’t think Wingard will go 85+ for the rest of the year – I’m only bringing him in hoping for 85+ for the next 4-6 games, as a stop-gap measure. Can’t trust Port in fantasy for a full season.

• M8

June 11, 2018 at 8:50 pm

Good trades without seeing your team.
        I’m uncertain about Wingard but if he keeps playing in the mids he could very well keep it up. Is there anyone else you could trade instead of Guelfi? (unless you need the 18) as he has more cash to make. I feel Walters does have to go if he is suspended for the 1

• Ictopol

June 11, 2018 at 9:02 pm

I could trade out Bundy. I am reluctant to do so because he is in great form if you take out his concussion game.

Walters is confirmed out for a week.

• Ictopol

June 11, 2018 at 8:58 pm

With Wingard, I will have three Port players in the forward line which makes me very nervous.

• M8

June 11, 2018 at 9:09 pm

yeah true about the port players I’d trade Guelfi before bundy as well

• j

June 11, 2018 at 9:23 pm

All of them are MID/FWDs – so swap 1/2 into MIDs with other DPPs, and you’ll feel better.

3. M8

June 11, 2018 at 8:40 pm

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Whitfield, Ryan, Austin (Rice, Coffield)
    MID: Macrae, Mitchell, Fyfe, Coniglio, Merrett, Crouch, Taranto, Rockliff (Phillips Banfield)
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Heeney, Smith, Ronke, Guelfi, Ahern (Giles-Langdon, Spargo)

Cash: $24k

Currently have only have 16 on field before trades. Thoughts on what trades to do?
    Currently have gone McInerney to Abbott (or any playing ruck could get Jones)
    Coffield to Redman (gone early cause have 6 defenders playing on field anyway)
    And Giles-Langdon to Sicily. Which gives me 18 if the 170kruck plays.
    Thoughts on trades?

• Ictopol

June 11, 2018 at 9:06 pm

What is your back up plan if the ruck doesn’t play?

• M8

June 11, 2018 at 9:07 pm

Not 100% but might have to trade Guelfi or Spargo early or even Taranto

June 11, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Dont trade in redman this week. He could be omitted, or have a training incident midweek, then you’d be left pissing into the wind.

Only trade in rookies you know are playing this week.

• the Cricket

June 11, 2018 at 11:11 pm

Only trade in ANYONE you know (at time of lockout) is playing this week!

• the Cricket

June 11, 2018 at 11:18 pm

Re getting in a cheap playing Ruck – it seems Jones’s JS isn’t great.
      From the afl.com article announcing Freo’s late change for the match on Saturday: “Ross Lyon told Fox Footy pre-match the Dockers were poised to drop ruckman Scott Jones … but circumstances (the late withdrawal of Duman) forced their hand”

4. Chev

June 11, 2018 at 8:54 pm

Hey legends thoughts on seedsman his bleeding cadh and gotta go or hold?

• j

June 11, 2018 at 9:00 pm

Gotta go, but most people don’t have that luxury and will try offload him after his bye

• Daniel Kotronis

June 11, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Agree, he has to go. Being an owner, I don’t have the luxury to trade him out as yet.

June 11, 2018 at 10:54 pm

Luxury trade at best. He has a niggling injury concern. He should come good. Could be a nice sideways on his bye tho.

5. Freemansdreamin

June 11, 2018 at 9:25 pm

Trying to trade smith from forward line, move spargo from mid to fwd and then swing seedsman into the midfield, but neither the app or web page is letting me do it, saying that I can only trade in a mid/fed even though the position open if defender, anyone have any ideas to get around this?

• Freemansdreamin

June 11, 2018 at 9:38 pm

Like is it not possible to swap 3 positions or is there something simple I’m missing?

• j

June 11, 2018 at 9:47 pm

reset – roll back, and start again. Somethings the web page can do weird stuff. Avoid using the app for these type of trades

• Freemansdreamin

June 11, 2018 at 9:52 pm

I’m not sure I fully understand, even on the web page I am struggling to figure out how to even trade t Smith from the forward line and swing spargo forward, like how do I get him forward on the web page because it won’t just let me drag him with the cursor into the forward line

• the Cricket

June 11, 2018 at 9:53 pm

With the app, ensure all of your players that are involved in the moves and trades are on your field (not on the bench) – should be okay then :)

With the web page, don’t know what the problem could be – are you using ‘advanced trades’?

(I’m totally frustrated as I can’t get the web page to open at all tonight lol)

• Freemansdreamin

June 11, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Cheers cricket, putting the on field in the app seemed to work, seems like my web page is spazzing out aswell!! Appreciate it guys

6. Dylan

June 11, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Could Pat Wilson from Adelaide potentially debut this week. getting him would let me get Macrae

7. Daniel Kotronis

June 11, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Thoughts please,

DEF: Laird, Austin, Brayshaw, Seedsman, Doedee, Hibberd (Pearce, Brown)
    MID: Macrae, Coniglio, Treloar, Fyfe, Cripps, Phillips, Banfield, Brayshaw (Ahern, Giro)
    RUC: Gawn, Sinclair (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Smith, Robinson, Franklin, Taranto, Spargo (Smith, Giles-Langdon)

Trades:
    Zac Giles-Langdon to Josh Battle
    Andrew Brayshaw to Tom Mitchell
    Michael Hibberd to Lachie Whitfield

*Left with $156K

8. cricketmad787

June 11, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Anyone have any requests for Versus this week?

• Ballantynes Day

June 11, 2018 at 10:07 pm

J.Kelly vs Cogs

• M8

June 11, 2018 at 10:26 pm

any premo mid or def who’s had the bye, possibly Sicily vs Simpson or something like that

• M8

June 11, 2018 at 10:26 pm

by mid i meant fwd aha

June 11, 2018 at 10:29 pm

Witts vs Kreuzer

June 11, 2018 at 10:30 pm

Rocky vs The Hoff

June 11, 2018 at 10:31 pm

Simmo vs Sicily

• BenOswald

June 11, 2018 at 10:40 pm

Gaff v Curnow v Macrae

June 11, 2018 at 10:42 pm

Gaff vs Curnow.

No point including Macrae. He is a win regardless. Only argument against is his cost.

• Guy Incognito

June 11, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Macrae should be on everyone’s radar but for me doesn’t present any value for this week – the extra cash can be used elsewhere far more productively

• Simon

June 13, 2018 at 11:48 am

Agree completely. Guys like Gibbs, Oliver, Pendles and Duncan are nearly $200k cheaper. You’re paying a premium for past performance which is absolutely no guarantee of future performance.

• Guy Incognito

June 11, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Cheap stepping stone: Wingard vs. Burton

• DBoms

June 12, 2018 at 9:12 am

DBJ vs Hurn

• Alan J

June 13, 2018 at 12:01 pm

Will versing Shags

9. Daz

June 11, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Are people planning on holding Laird even if he doesn’t play this week?

• Daniel Kotronis

June 11, 2018 at 10:18 pm

I will be holding. Although It will be a guaranteed 0 if he doesn’t play, it would be a lot of effort to try and get him back following his bye

• Belly

June 11, 2018 at 10:25 pm

I think I’ll trade if he doesn’t come back in, probably to Macrae who I had planned to get this or next round anyway.
      I figure teams are not far off being complete and there are heaps of trades left, plus at 700k it’s not going to be that hard to get him back.

June 11, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Cant see any point trading him to be honest. personally I Will eat a donut if hes out regardless, and as others have said you’ll likely need to use another trade to get him back. Surely there are lots of better players with the bye this week to cull.

• Belly

June 12, 2018 at 12:32 am

I guess it depends on your team and who you do/don’t have already.
        I’m struggling to find 3 worthwhile trades this week and if Laird is out again I don’t see any reason to sit 700k on the bench and go backwards in the rankings when I don’t have to, especially with 24 trades to go.

Any ideas?

DEF::Laird,Lloyd,Simpson,Seedsman,Sicily, Whitfield (Doedee,Austin)
        MID:Titch,Coniglio,Fyfe,Merrett,Parker, Rockliff, Banfield, Philips, (Ahern,Giro)
        RUC:Gawn,Martin,(McInerney,Cameron)
        FWD:McLean,Heeney, D.Smith,Christensen,Walters,Guelfi,(Gowers,Murphy)

June 12, 2018 at 12:27 pm

You might want to consider cashing in McInerey to a ruck who is playing. Guelfi has bye this week and has earnt a good amount of cash. Christensen is ready to be culled. Also walters is reported for 1 week and id consider more disposable than Laird.

You are thinking short term, essentially 1 extra score on field. You are however using up 1 trade (if you think you have to trade Laird back in). If you think that 1 extra score will make/break your season go for it. Eg. If you are top 100 rank and want to take a punt for overall its not a bad one, could sneak you up a few ranks, and if you are lucky with injuries from now may be able to trade him back. Its a risk/reward strategy.

10. mfawcett

June 11, 2018 at 11:13 pm

Current team is

Def: Lloyd, Simpson, Seedsman, Hibberd, Doedee, Rice (Ridley, Duman)
    Mid: Macrae, Mitchell, Treloar, Fyfe, Coniglio Beams, Merrett, Christensen, (Phillips, Ahern)
    Ruck: Gawn, Martin (Frampton, Camron)
    Fwd: Smith, Heeney, Gray, Walters, Taranto, Rockliff (Battle, Clarke)

Have 221k to play with.

I think my first trade might be Christensen to Wines. Have a few to play with between Christensen, Walters and Taranto. Then do some more downgrades. Thoughts would be great please.

• Guy Incognito

June 11, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Playing for overall or league?
      Looking at the team defence is by far the weakest, need to get some better folks in. If I was you I would go something along the lines of:
      Hibberd -> Burton
      Walters -> Wingard
      Ridley -> DBJ
      Gets most players on the park, plays the BE game, makes the team better and leaves a bit of cash leftover (not a lot). Next week you could then bring in Redman and JSmith (obvious rooks to bring in!) for Duman (if not selected)/ Doedee. Final trade could look at Rice to Whitifield/ Yeo or Phillips to a premo (maybe Kelly dpending on BE’s).

11. stoops

June 11, 2018 at 11:56 pm

Due to 3 big downgrades last week
    fyfe – phillips
    Ratagoluea – ahern
    mirra – austin

I can now do a huge upgrade and bring my midfield to an elite level as i have completed these trades
    kelly (geel) – Mitchell
    seedsman- gibbs
    ratagoulea – joel smith

still need to move doedee, robbie gray and banfield (freo) next week to start moving towards a really solid team

12. clever tent

June 12, 2018 at 12:11 am

my only option to get 18 playing this week is to sideways trade cogs to either yeo or westhoff or i could prematurely bring in redman and just have 17 play this week :/
    making team better in long run vs points this week ?

• Guy Incognito

June 12, 2018 at 12:23 am

Surely not the only option?

• clever tent

June 12, 2018 at 12:25 am

probably not, but im looking at spargo to mclean and taranto to rocky.
        my bye structure is pretty grim

• Simon

June 12, 2018 at 4:01 pm

I can get 18 on the park, but only by butchering my team (e.g. trading Devon Smith, Conigs, etc.). Tempting to tank this week and focus on next week and beyond

13. liamm

June 12, 2018 at 3:04 am

Will tim smith be right to move on? need him for cash generation + playing rookie on field. Do you think he will get picked round 14?

14. Sam

June 12, 2018 at 4:42 am

Current team before rd13 trades:

Laird, Lloyd, Seedsman, Brayshaw, Doedee, J Smith (Naughton, Stoddart(fu*k))

Macrae, Titch, Cogs, Merrett, Zork, J.Kelly, Cripps, Ahern (Cunico, Phillips)

Gawn, NN (Crossley, Cameron)

McLean, Gray, D.Smith, Rocky, Fritsch, Walters (Ronke, Guelfi)

Made a big mistake last week, brought J.Smith and Zorko in while I was playing around planning for this week and didn’t get the chance to change it back. Was supposed to be Austin and Gibbs instead which would have left me right for 13. Will be struggling to get 16/17 on the field now.

The immediate problems I have are Gray and Seed. What are people’s thoughts on them? Done for the year? I’ve been playing with the thought of going sideways/down to Burton and Wingard (3rd trade Naughton up to Yeo) but I already have plenty of these 50/50 mid range bargain types and don’t want to stack up to much on them. On the other hand if I hold them another week they’ll potentially go down 50k each and be harder to get rid of.

Option 1
    Gray —> Wingard
    Seed —> Burton
    Naughton —> Yeo
    86k

Option 2 (back Gray in)
    Guelfi —> Wingard
    Naughton —> Yeo
    Seedsman —> rookie
    4k

Made infinitely more frustrating by the fact that Crisp (who had done nothing till I traded him out) was traded for Seedsman and 2 rounds later decides he wants to play football again while Seedsman drops off massively. Half the reason I’m wary of trading Seed is because of what happened with Crisp. Just don’t think Seedsman can get back up there like Crisp has, can’t see to find the ball anymore.

• Alan J

June 12, 2018 at 8:03 am

I traded out Gray last week since his role change as more permanent forward and would’ve dumped out Seed as well, but the Fyfe suspension meant I needed to keep him to field 18, but Seed is out this week for sure..

Just look at their last 3 games stats, that usually is a good indicator of how they’re travelling

15. The Official Oscar McInerney

June 12, 2018 at 7:35 am

are there any cheap rookies around 220k that have had their bye already

• McGlovins

June 12, 2018 at 8:49 am

Ainsworth (WC) and Kerr (Car) – neither in current 22 though.

• McGlovins

June 12, 2018 at 8:53 am

Actually, Kerr did play the last Blues game.

16. Cameron

June 12, 2018 at 7:53 am

Trades this week

Heppell > Gaff
    Gray > T.Mitchell
    Z. Fisher > Apeness

36K in the bank which has my team looking like this:

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Yeo, Simpson, Doedee, Austin (Mihocek, Ridley)

MID: Macrae, T.Mitchell, Curnow, Treloar, Gaff, Coniglio, Gibbs, Phillips (Barry, Worpel)

RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Crossley, Cameron)

FWD: McLean, D.Smith, Heeney, Fritsch, Guelfi, T.Smith (Ahern, Apeness)

• Bomber Thompson

June 12, 2018 at 11:27 am

great team

17. DBoms

June 12, 2018 at 9:39 am

Coffield to either Wines or DBJ.. Who do we think?

DBJ feels safer, been really consistent and ticks all boxes (tackling, taking marks, kick:handball ratio)
    Wines has the higher ceiling and can go 130+ but he’s also capable of 60’s.

I think the upcoming fixture will suit Wines (WBD, StK, Car, Freo within the next 5) as he should bully these teams.

And it makes no difference to my 22 on field (Brayshaw swings between def and mid depending, but same rookies on field regrdless).

I think I’m leaning towards DBJ for his consistency. Thoughts??

18. Bobby

June 12, 2018 at 10:37 am

Currently have 15 playing, so I have gone
    Brayshaw > Rice
    T. Smith > Macrae
    ZGL > Wilson (if he gets picked)
    thoughts?

• Bomber Thompson

June 12, 2018 at 11:25 am

Nice but I wouldn’t be trading a bloke who has averaged 115 in his last 3

• Bobby

June 12, 2018 at 12:33 pm

I have no one else to trade, unless I wanna cop a donut. I don’t trust him after pumping out a 47. I know you should stick with your premos, but Macrae just seems better coming off the bye.

June 12, 2018 at 1:24 pm

I bet you do have someone else to trade.

• Ivan Tonius

June 12, 2018 at 2:38 pm

I think the problem with Brayshaw is that he won’t be consistent. His good scores come from the fact that they were smashing teams that were bottom 8. He isn’t much of a contested player and he gets most of his touches uncontested, so when they play against a quality team, he doesn’t get much of the ball

19. Bomber Thompson

June 12, 2018 at 11:22 am

Have 19 before trades so taking a few liberty trades.

McInerney > Abbott/Jones
    Mutch > Wilson/J.Smith
    Guelfi > Wingard
    Leaves me with 271k for Kelly to Kelly next week. Don’t want to trade Guelfi in case he turns into another Fritsch

20. andyjh

June 12, 2018 at 11:33 am

Ok i am tossing up which upgrade to make this week. I currently have 18 premos in my team with 2 rooks in DEF, 1 in MID & 1 in FWD. I am tossing up between adding Mclean to my fwd line (which should be a no brainer but it leaves me with 2 rooks in DEF) or adding Simpson or Crisp to DEF which leaves me with only 1 rook in DEF (Austin)

My current team:
    DEF: Laird Yeo Whitfield Sicily Austin Murphy (Ridley Cumming)
    MID: Mitchell Mcrae Danger Fyfe Merrett Zorko Dusty Ahern (Giro Worpel)
    RUC: Gawn Stef (Jones Cameron)
    FWD: Franklin Menagola Gray DevSmith Rockliff Rioli (Clarke Battle)

Which one?
    Rioli > Mclean
    Murphy > Simpson or Crisp

• Alan J

June 12, 2018 at 11:43 am

Can you do Gray to McLean and then Murphy to Simpson or DBJ?

• Lachie

June 12, 2018 at 2:34 pm

I’m having the same dilemma mate, I have a full defence this week with 1 on the bench so I can afford to put one of the saints rooks up, or I could go Ronke up to Mclean in my FWD line. If there is a good rookie downgrade this week who has had the bye then I will possibly be able to do both. Which option would be better?

21. stoops

June 12, 2018 at 12:19 pm

current team is
    DEF – Laird, Yeo, Sicily, Brayshaw, Austin, Doedee (Ridley, Cumming)
    MID – Macrae, Mitchell, Coniglio, Gibbs, Phillips, Neale, Redden, Banfield (Smith, Fog)
    FWD – Hoff, Heeney, Gray, Ronke, Rockliff, Mclean, (ahern, Rayner)

Already traded
    Mitchell in for kelly
    Joel smith in for ratagoluea
    Gibbs in for seedsman

Plans next week are to downgrade rayner to a really cheap rookie and then upgrade banfield (freo) to a top end mid and then the third trade will to be sideways trade robbie gray to walters or mcdonald

any ideas though im open to hear anytging go about 70k left after those trades

June 12, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Walters Im pretty sure has bye next week

22. Alex

June 12, 2018 at 12:59 pm

getting in Rocky.

23. Bomber Thompson

June 12, 2018 at 2:09 pm

anyone doing a world cup fantasy side?

• Jimmyboi

June 13, 2018 at 3:06 pm

yes my league code is CPMHFPJF

24. Mopper S

June 12, 2018 at 2:42 pm

thoughts on liam ryan coming back into the WCE side? i know he is pricey but there aren’t many forward options out there. + he will play through all the byes and has a BE of 2. good JS too with darling out

25. australia wont score in the world cup

June 12, 2018 at 4:17 pm

Im a bit stuck everyone, I can fill the line in def, have one missing and mid, no rucks and three forwards this week and struggling with trades a bit.

Players on byes will be in lower case (I hope the format is easy to follow)

BANK: 342k
    DEF: LAIRD, LLOYD, YEO, SAVAGE, DOEDEE, MURPHY(brayshaw, ridley)
    MID: MACRAE, MITCHELL, HUNTER, NEALE, CUNICO, PHILLIPS, GIRO, guelfi (treloar, zerrett)
    RUC: gawn, martin (big o, cameron)
    FWD: HEENEY, GRAY, ROCKY, d. smith, taranto, t. smith (ahern, clarke)

I think i need to make changes up forward but Im so lost in that regard. Rookies are slim there and upgrading leaves me with not much cash. Any suggestions appreciated.

• DoorKnob

June 12, 2018 at 7:50 pm

Taranto to McLean
      Or if you want to hold tanto then guelfi to mclean via clarke
      Smith to wingard??

There appear to be fook all downgrade targets Kerr at Carlton but 207k for a guy averagibg 45 seem a bit mehhh….

26. Kingzy

June 12, 2018 at 5:50 pm

After a dissapointing round last week only managed 1654 with 20 players, thanks to Brayshaw and Matt Crouch forgetting how to football looking forward to a big week this week.

Trades-
    Mcinerney – Abbott
    ZGL – Joel Smith
    Guelfi – Gaff

Team is:
    DEF:Laird, Lloyd, Yeo, Brayshaw*, Sicily, Hurn (Rice, Smith*)
    MID:Titch, Gaff, Neale, Zerrett*, Crouch, Bont, Parker, Seedsman (Ahern*, Phillips)
    RUC:Gawn*, Nic Nat (Abbott, Cameron)
    FWD:McLean, Smith*, Heeney, Westhoff, Fristch*, Rocky (Murphy, Clarke*)

20 playing this week, 21 if Abbott plays. 16 guns, Nic Nat and 3 rooks.
    Hopefully will score well, rank 976 hope to climb that ladder!

• andyjh

June 13, 2018 at 10:45 am

Your team is looking pretty impressive Kingzy..

27. Ben Dover

June 12, 2018 at 8:38 pm

I need a fwd for under $620k, bring in Buddy or Sicily?

I really hate Sicily as an actual player but feel that he is the sensible choice given he has already had his bye and I’ll be scrambling to get 18 on the park next week.

What do people realistically think Sicily will ave from here on out?

Thanks!

• DoorKnob

June 12, 2018 at 9:56 pm

28. mfawcett

June 12, 2018 at 9:21 pm

How many others think having Rockliff at either M8 or F6 is a good risk to be taking every week in all formats of the game? He’ll either have a quiet game or ton up. Rollercoaster but worth the ride IMO:)

• Kradezy

June 12, 2018 at 10:51 pm

I think ill keep him unless someone better shows up that I need to get.

29. Matt

June 12, 2018 at 9:41 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Yeo, Simpson, Blakely, Seedsman (Austin, Rice)
    MID: Mitchell, Gibbs, Neale, Merrett, Parker, Rockliff, Brayshaw, Phillips (Mutch, Clarke)
    RUC: Gawn, Martin (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Smith, Heeney, Westhoff, Christensen, Guelfi (Tim Smith, Ahern)

76k, In a bit of trouble with the next two rounds with players not playing. 16 This week I believe before trades. Really stuck for trades at the moment, maybe I should look at wingard for bundy? Thoughts would be great :)

• Dulcify

June 13, 2018 at 8:01 am

Matt, if this was my team, I would trade Seedsman for the cheapest player that has already had his bye and is named this week. Your choice as to who you field out of that player, Austin or Rice. Tim Smith goes for Charlie Ballard (as long as he is named). I would then trade Mutch out and bring in Hunter/Gaff or Curnow. These trades will at least give you 18 on the field this week (providing they are all named) will also help with next week because at the moment you have only 13 on field for round 14.

Depending on who you bring in for Seedsman, you might have close to $100K left in the kitty for next week. Hope this helps. Good luck.

• Matt

June 13, 2018 at 7:34 pm

cheers for the feedback mate.

30. lafleur

June 13, 2018 at 2:12 am

Just spitballin’ here so let me know if this is stupid.

JJK is sitting at $440k with a BE of 35, darling is down so he’s the main man in attack again with a most recent score of 111.

My last trade this week is Spargo to someone form WCE, HAW, CARL, WB, GC or PORT

I’m hoping a rookie comes in from one of those teams so i can make some money for next weeks trades, but if not is this option plausible?

Cheers

• A smart pupper

June 13, 2018 at 7:40 am

I think it was plausible until Wingard’s game on Friday night. I can’t justify him over Wingard myself.

• lafleur

June 13, 2018 at 3:03 pm

Yeah, fair call. Wingard is one of those blokes I hate owning, so I’ll still be looking to downgrade, but cheers

31. Bomber Thompson

June 13, 2018 at 9:03 am

Option 1:
    Guelfi > Wingard
    Coniglio > Gaff + 181k
    Bit worried about Coniglio given how Merrett went post concussion, and I feel Gaff is flying under the radar. I like the look of Wingard, hopefully he stays in midfield or my season is f**ked.

Option 2:
    Mutch > J.Smith/Wilson (if named)
    Guelfi > Wingard +220k

Option 3:
    Mutch > Smith/Wilson
    Cogs > Gaff +240k

Which one would you guys suggest?

32. AF Rising Star

June 13, 2018 at 9:06 am

Will Brendan Goddard come good?
    Only score 57 last week and hasn’t scored over 100 since Round 5. With his bye this week I’m seriously considering sideways trading him to Bryne-Jones.

• Alan J

June 13, 2018 at 9:27 am

Not likely to come good imho.. He’s looking like a 70-85 scorer, he’ll have the odd 100, but he’ll also through in a sub 60 like last week against Brisbane..

DBJ is an upgrade, not a sideways trade..

33. M8

June 13, 2018 at 5:04 pm

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Whitfield, Ryan, Austin (Rice, Coffield)
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Heeney, Smith, Ronke, Guelfi, Ahern (Giles-Langdon, Spargo)

Cash: $24k

1.) McInerney to Abbott (or any playing ruck could get Jones)
    Coffield to Redman
    And Giles-Langdon to Sicily/Wingard. Leaving 44k if Sicily comes in.
    or
    2.) McInerney to Abbott (or any playing ruck could get Jones)
    Taranto to Wingard
    And Coffield to Simpson. Leaving $0k.
    Relying on a 170k ruck to play to field 18 or is there another decent way I could get 18?
    Thoughts on trades?

34. Jason

June 13, 2018 at 6:06 pm

Simmo or Whitfield for ROY
    Cheers

35. Demonetise

June 13, 2018 at 7:09 pm

1. Westhoff and McDonald, or
    2. Macrae and JJK

I can get either JJK or Westhoff this week. If I get Westhoff I won’t be able to afford Macrae next week, so will probably upgrade to McDonald (or Simpson/Whitfield) in defence. If I get JJK this week instead, I’ll get Macrae next week.

• j

June 13, 2018 at 7:30 pm

JJK not a keeper (= two trades eventually), while McDonald to have his bye still – weigh these issues into the decision there.

• Demonetise

June 13, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Thanks for your thoughts. Will get McD next week if I get Westhoff this week. I think trades are probably a LOT more valuable than value now, so leaning heavily towards option 1.

36. Screech

June 13, 2018 at 7:58 pm

who will this will brander be replacing and also liam ryan? have wc got inj?

37. Shags

June 13, 2018 at 8:05 pm

I don’t usually do this, indeed I have told others off for doing this so this makes me a bit of a hypocrite.

But … the AFL Fantasy stats page over the byes is a complete joke.

It doesn’t list the BE of players on their bye…which completely defeats the point of the stat for BE. Break even stat is one you use for trading out players with high BE and trading in players with low. Every AFer is trading out players who have a bye so knowing what their BE is is important. Listing it as 0 is DUMB! Secondly, when trying to search for low BE players…you get the negative cashcows…then EVERY SINGLE BYE ROUND PLAYER who is inextricably listed as having a zero BE…then you get the players with low positive value BEs…(lets not mention actual cashcows with a BE of zero would be lost in the crowd of bye round players). so you have to go a few pages through. Just list the players BE over the byes. Its surely not that hard to do. Whats the point of paying the $20 for a service that doesnt work.

/Rant

June 13, 2018 at 8:14 pm

Example. I have cashcows guelfi and spargo who have a bye this week. I am considering trading one of them. The decision of which one to trade would be based largely on their Break Even. AF site lists them as 0. So I have to either A) go to another site to find their BE B) do a rough calculation myself.

Whats the point of paying $20 for a service that doesnt work?

Mr Burns

June 13, 2018 at 8:44 pm

If you click the player to bring up their stats, then select the gold “AFL Fantasy Coach” tab, it will show the BE for the round after their bye. Still annoying, but you can at least see the exact BE on the page.

June 13, 2018 at 8:56 pm

Got my BEs from here https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/dream_team_breakevens?p=&min_salary=0&max_salary=1000000&sort=1&order=A.

Can I get my $20 back and donate to them instead?

Warnie

June 13, 2018 at 9:17 pm

Shags, they don’t have a BE because they aren’t playing. A breakeven is a guess anyway as it has to do with the total points scored for any given week. If you want to see what a player’s breakeven is off the bye, head to the stats centre, click on ‘Value Predictor’ and you will see their BE for round 14.

Is it ideal? Maybe not… but it’s not ‘wrong’ that they have a 0 breakeven for this week as they will score zero and their price will not move (maybe it should show it as a ‘-‘ instead to avoid confusion).

• j

June 13, 2018 at 10:18 pm

I don’t think many people read it that way Warnie. I read the BE number has what the player needs to score NEXT game he plays – whenever that is it doesn’t matter – in order to maintain the price. The stats for a player on a bye is no different in situation to a player who is dropped/injured. Using the stat this way is informative in the example Shags gave, but also in a situation where you gotta decide which of two similar dropped/injured players you want to hold/trade out.

And saying a bye player “will still score zero” coupled with a BE of 0 is incorrect – hypothetically, if they scored zero, the price would change and the subsequent week’s BE would change too.

• Baz

June 14, 2018 at 7:43 am

If you want to get technical, the profile and the breakeven stats page show BEs for round 13, not their next game as you state.

As stated the breakevens for their next game can be found under the value predictor tab.

June 14, 2018 at 2:24 am

Fair enough. I was a grumpy monkey this morning. As Mr Burns pointed out, the info is actually there. Just not nicely presented on the team field or a nice list, you have to select each player individually.

I still think it’s an oversight.

Warnie

June 14, 2018 at 9:05 am

I’ve gotta play devils advocate a lot of the time, usually because a lot of people post misconceptions. This is somewhere in the middle.

Firstly, I agree with you in part. The next game breakeven might be better to display on profiles and even for the stats page (more on that in a sec). Send feedback on that via the contact us section of the site.

It does clearly say “Round 13” breakevens though. As I mentioned in a previous post, using “-” might be better so that people aren’t confused…and by scoring zero, I should have said “won’t score”, to appease ‘j’.

‘j’ says that it’s the same as an injured/suspended player… technically, yes, but their team is playing in that round. Same as cat b rookie listed players that can’t get a game either until upgraded.

This is the dilemma.

Do you have it as next game, just to make sense for the three bye rounds in all of the columns of the stats page… or keep it consistent with all of the other pages where it makes sense to have it based on round. I prefer the latter – as it gets messy otherwise. It’s not like the BE aren’t able to be seen (the Value Predictor stats page has the next round BE in them).

People should be reminded that breakevens are a guide. A player on a bye this week “won’t” have the same BE next week… it is more likely to happen now as things are ‘evening out’, but a breakeven is an approximation based on an average number of points scored in a round. You may have noticed that players breakevens who are on the sidelines may change from week to week.

I think ‘next game’ breakeven could work on the player profile popup off the main team page, but is it completely necessary? I don’t think so.

Again, playing devils advocate… and also knowing the work that it would be with costs (and confusion that could be added to it) to change this for a 3 week period.

• j

June 13, 2018 at 10:07 pm

Totally agree with this rant, Shags. Glad I didn’t continue the free trail this year, and have just relied on footywire for BE and history. No point in paying 20 bucks if the information is freely available elsewhere.

38. J

June 13, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Is laird injury a concern, should he be traded out now and brought back later

• chief007

June 13, 2018 at 10:58 pm

no he will be too hard to get back in

39. stan

June 13, 2018 at 10:00 pm

spargo to macrae (59K left)

OR

Giles langon to westhoff (237k left)

• chief007

June 13, 2018 at 10:43 pm

2nd your paying top $$$ for macrae if you got say gibbs and used the spare $$$ somewhere else you mite actually get a higher score with gibbs and a better defender than macrae and a not as good defender

40. Jim

June 13, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Silly question but how do I do a triple DPP move around? I have Yeo, Clarke and L. Murphy in my DEF, MID and FWD line respectively. I want to move them to MID, FWD and DEF respectively. I’m on Advanced Trades but now what? I’ve moved them around but then if I click the trashcan it just resets everything.