The Friday Scramble

The Friday Scramble: Round 12 (Bye Round 1)

Well stuff me. We all knew that this was the start of the bye rounds but with only four teams on the bye we were supposed to be eased into the bye rounds with a nice soft one where we all had at least 20-21 players out there on the field.

Well stuff me.  We all knew that this was the start of the bye rounds but with only four teams on the bye we were supposed to be eased into the bye rounds with a nice soft one where we all had at least 20-21 players out there on the field. We all now know the carnage that we have seen at selection this week and if there is ever a week to scramble, this might just be it. Players dropped, some suspended and one has even taken a bloody overseas holiday!  It is all happening!!!  Let’s Scramble!

Who’s On A Real Bye?

Well in case you have been living under a rock and don’t know exactly who is on the bye this week the teams that are actually on an official bye are Carlton, Hawthorn, West Coast and the Western Bulldogs.

You could certainly be forgiven for thinking that there are a heap of teams on the bye this week with the amount of players that are missing from your teams. But no, as per usual, the AFL coaches have decided just to take the piss just a little bit this week once again and either rest players we were relying on or simply drop them all together.

Just a bit of a snapshot of who we are missing that we didn’t expect to be missing…..

Dusty Martin – The biggest name of the lot.  He has decided to take a little trip over to NZ to visit the old man. Just when we need him the most. Seriously though we all knew he must have been playing injured and yes his calf is injured, but I am intrigued that they are doing this now given that he has the R14 bye. I fear that we may just be without him again next week! Having said that I will probably still hold in the limited forms of the game, but I may be forced to trade in AF. It all comes down to how many players you have available. Given a choice I would hold.

Stephen Coniglio – He missed the last quarter of last week’s game with some concussion, so it shouldn’t be a massive surprise to us that he is missing this week. Unfortunately this is just a case of bad timing. Not much we can do about this one. They have the R13 bye so there is no reason that he won’t be back in R14, certainly hold him.

Jack Billings – Unbelievable! Looks like Richo has finally had it with Billings and sent him back to the magoos. Just when we actually need his ordinary low scoring! To be honest this is probably a blessing in disguise for most owners, he pretty much has to be traded now if you are still holding him. There is no guarantee that he will come straight back into the side next week. If you have the trades and a good option to trade him to then go ahead and do it.

Nat Fyfe – This was known all week and to be honest his ways were going to catch up with him one day. This one is a no brainer, hold him.

Rory Laird – Can’t say I knew much about this one until the other day when the news broke, I was watching the game and didn’t notice it (may have been a few red wines deep at that point with my Sunday roast dinner though). He is listed as a test which means he could come back for the R13 game before another week off. Either way I think we still have to hold him regardless.

Jordan Ridley – He was a popular trade in a few weeks ago and now he is out with a knee injury, intriguingly though he didn’t appear on the AFL injury list! If you can ride him on the pine until we know more then it wouldn’t hurt to hold on to him. just in case it is minor and he can return for their R14 game.

Tim Smith – Not only did he trick us all into picking him last week after a couple of great games and then proceeded to serve us up an absolute stinker, he now finds himself omitted. And looking at the list of players that have come in it is hard to see how he finds his way back into that side. This is always a massive risk with some of these rookies. I think I will be trying to find a way to keep him for now as he simply hasn’t made enough cash to trade out in RDT or SC. However, in AF, if you can move him on to someone that is bargain basement you could consider doing that.

Click here to subscribe on iTunes.

Bye Strategy Now?

So what does this do to our bye strategy? Well it may force us to do a bit of trading this week where we otherwise wouldn’t have. But don’t just tade for the sake of it. Make sure that any trades you are doing are with the aim to make your team better out of the bye period. Once again this s particularly important in RDT and SC where we can’t just trade for the sake of it. But in AF don’t go wasting trades and cash either plugging holes.

Look at the other bye rounds and see where you can trade someone in. For example if you are trading out Billings (finally) then you were already planning to be without him in round 14 so just see if you can select someone that is already in that bye so that you aren’t really losing anything there.  So Buddy, Heeney, Menegola or use some DPP to get one of the other top players from these teams on the bye that week. This is where smart trading comes into it. you can get through, you just need to manage it.

Donuts anyone?

If you are really stuck then you may still have to take a donut this week. It isn’t ideal, but you won’t be the only one in that boat, I am facing at least one in a couple of the comps. I suspect that this could be an issue for many coaches as we may simply not have enough trades available this week to get enough on the park. I was sitting pretty with 20  but now find myself in real trouble with three key midfielders out and then a couple of guys not getting selected this week that I was relying on.

Things To Remember

• Don’t Panic! Every other coach is in the same boat as you probably are so just do your best to get 18 warm bodies out on the park.
  • Look Ahead. Like I said above, make sure that you are looking forward with your trades so that you are building your team and not just picking someone because they happen to be available and playing this week.
  • It is a long round this one and I am unsure as I write this as to whether or not we will know final teams for Melbourne or Collingwood before lockout. I am sure that the Traders covered it in their podcast that I will listen to in the morning, you should too!

Sorry if I have missed anything this week guys, it has been a massively busy week for me and I haven’t gotten to writing this until quite late so if I missed something I apologise.  Best of luck in the bye rounds, hopefully you can all improve your rankings during this time, it is often a time where the more experienced coaches tend to do better than others, but having said that, all this carnage today just goes to show that no matter how much you plan you can’t plan for everything and luck plays a huge part of this game.

Click here to subscribe on iTunes

Heads Up for Round 13

After this week we have a heap of Thursday night games in a row. So at this stage I will still come at you on a Friday just keep an eye on DTTalk’s social media chanels and they will let you know if anything changes. But if I don’t see you all til next Friday just remember that in RDT and SC you can’t reverse trades after the first game of a partial lockout so any trades after the start of the Power v Dogs game next Thurs will stick.

1. Steve

June 8, 2018 at 6:32 am

Dunny, Would be great if you included rookies, cash cows that are listed to play.
    I know they are covered earlier on in the week however it is the key thing you want to know of a Friday.

• PK

June 8, 2018 at 8:12 am

How about doing some research yourself…

Good arcticle Dunny 👍🏻

• Dunny

June 8, 2018 at 4:47 pm

Will try and do that in future Steve, to be honest I struggled last night as I didn’t finish working until about 10:30 then wrote this up. Normally I have more time, just didn’t last night.

2. blimp on the radar

June 8, 2018 at 7:36 am

Definite no to trading coniglio? At the minute I’ve grabbed Westhoff for him… gives me less pressure round 13 and some extra $ to grab maybe Macrae next week. I can also look at coniglio to see if he can keep up his scoring post bye after his concussion…

• Alan J

June 8, 2018 at 8:24 am

I’m in a similar boat with Fyfe, although not through concussion.. But 1 game in the next 3 weeks is a concern, so looking to bring in Zorko, especially given his game this week.

Was thinking Westhoff, but his last 2 scores have me concerned, and I’m travelling OK with Rd 13 bye players, so going for the best available..

• herg

June 8, 2018 at 10:29 am

I think its pretty risky to keep Cogs, I’m dumping him. Concussion recovery always seems to take longer than the game time they miss. No sense waiting two weeks to have him spend a month dropping 70s and plummeting in value when there are lots of less risky situations. JMO

Will

June 8, 2018 at 11:24 am

im dropping cogs because
        – i’ll get brayshaw who has a very low BE and will increase price
        – we get 3 trades a week to get cogs back after his bye
        – hes out for two weeks during a period when we need all the premos we can get

i’m hoping i can bring him back in, but if i can’t ill target matt crouch maybe

3. the internet

June 8, 2018 at 7:37 am

Does anyone know the arrangements of the partial lockout in RDT (i.e. when it goes to full lockout)??

• thebopper58

June 8, 2018 at 8:54 am

TI

I don’t think there’s a partial lookout this round
      Reading the T&C partial lockout come into play when there’s a Thursday night game
      I’m not 100% sure but Dunny usually says when they are around
      Best of luck for the rest of the season

PS Thanks Dunny for all your efforts – we’re all scrambling this weekend :(

• Simon

June 8, 2018 at 9:00 am

Yeah, interested in this… can I trade Murray out if he’s not named after tonight’s game? Will see if I can find details given Dunny’s rushed post this week

• Simon

June 8, 2018 at 9:03 am

Doesn’t look like there’s a partial lock out in RDT. There is for rounds 13-17 tho

• Dunny

June 8, 2018 at 4:48 pm

No partial Lockout this week. As others have said, that only applies when there is a Thursday game.

4. The Walrus

June 8, 2018 at 7:56 am

Thanks Dunny.
    Your Whose on a Real Bye? section – I have 6 of the 7 players you mention. And 2 weeks ago I had Billings. So it’s out with Ridley, Christensen & Tim Smith; in with Austen, Ahern & Westhoff. That gives me 17 to 20 starters depending on the yellow dot (I should get at least one of those up).

• Dunny

June 8, 2018 at 4:49 pm

I am staring a couple of donuts right in the face this week myself.

5. Alex

June 8, 2018 at 7:59 am

Angus Brayshaw
    Matt Crouch
    Michael Walters?

Who’s the best option to bring in?

• CJ

June 8, 2018 at 9:48 am

Gus Brayshaw is a must have. I got him last week and bringing in Walters this week. Crouch’s issues with injury this year makes him more of a risk. Think I still need to see him string a few good games together and prove that he’s over the hamstring before I bring him in.

• Simon

June 8, 2018 at 10:56 am

Walters is just about the biggest injury risk in the comp…

Will

June 8, 2018 at 11:35 am

crouch biggest bargain
          walters best POD
          brayshaw most “must have” due to DEF status

• the Cricket

June 8, 2018 at 11:40 am

+1 Can’t bring myself to do it lol

• Euman

June 8, 2018 at 3:51 pm

Brayshaw on price value scoring and b/e

6. M8

June 8, 2018 at 8:08 am

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Whitfield, Ryan, Doedee (Rice, Murphy)
    MID: Macrae, Mitchell, Fyfe, Coniglio, Merrett, Taranto, Rockliff, Phillips (Coffield, Banfield)
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Heeney, Smith, Ronke, Guelfi, Smith (Giles-Langdon, Spargo)

Cash: $145k

Currently have gone Murphy to Austin and T.Smith to Ahern, just not sure what to do with my last trade as I don’t want to trade Fyfe, Coniglio and Laird if they are all out for only the one week. It would be hard to get them back in too. Thoughts on trades and other options appreciated

• Digga

June 8, 2018 at 8:29 am

I brought in Treloar for Coniglio, Westoff for Christensen and Ahern for Crowden. My projected says 1,903 leaving me a little surprised. Plan to have 19, 19, 20 players over the by rounds – touch wood.

• Digga

June 8, 2018 at 8:30 am

Make that “bye”

• Alan J

June 8, 2018 at 8:34 am

Fyfe, Cogs & Laird also haven’t had their bye, so you’ll only get 1 score from 3 weeks, not ideal..

• Belly

June 8, 2018 at 11:48 am

Ronke to Spiro via Rocky and have $$$ for next week to pick up someone like Gaff or Simmo.

7. The Walrus

June 8, 2018 at 8:28 am

What about moving on Coffield or, if you want to generate cash, Taranto?

• M8

June 8, 2018 at 9:07 am

Who would you suggest to if I was to move them on

• Jelms

June 8, 2018 at 9:10 am

Taranto should go well this week with coniglio out, worth holding

• M8

June 8, 2018 at 9:11 am

fair was thinking he should

8. andyjh

June 8, 2018 at 8:41 am

Boys it is GAME OVER for me.. I only have 15 players this week AFTER TRADES :(

Laird, Dusty & Fyfe have killed me.. I am just going to hold them & try to go for the league wins.

• Brett

June 8, 2018 at 9:16 am

Poor planning Andy

• andyjh

June 8, 2018 at 9:56 am

Your right Brett, i totally cocked up these byes.. I am going to have a monster team after the byes but i will have dropped so far behind by then that it wont matter..

• Euman

June 8, 2018 at 3:17 pm

Hi Andy I disagree with the comments “poor planning” it’s bad luck sometimes the DT gods throw curve balls injuries suspension and omissions you are not alone here. Good to see you plan for better team end of byes good luck

• Brett

June 8, 2018 at 10:22 am

yeah i was hoping to have my team complete after round 14, but a triple sideways trade this week has delayed it by one or 2 weeks. got rid of 2 non playing rookies for Ahern and Austin, and got Frampton into the rucks for Crossley because i needed some funds. Will downgrade and upgrade begins next week when i have a few more players to choose from that have had the bye in round 10 or 12 especially.

• Ben Cousins is innocent

June 8, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Poor planning? Get outta here
        I lost Fyfe, Cogs, Ridley, Laird in a week
        I’ve purposely done my trades prior to bye rounds to spread out so I have no donuts.
        No matter what planning anyone has done nothing can prepare you for this its just luck.

• Anthony

June 8, 2018 at 2:16 pm

• Simon

June 8, 2018 at 3:36 pm

Yeah, by RDT is rooted this week despite planning to the silliest level considering my rank. Fk bye planning

9. AF Rising Star

June 8, 2018 at 8:44 am

Paul Ahern, Brad Scheer or Patrick Wilson if named?

Ahern means I will currently have 16 in Rd.13, 18 in Rd.14
    Sheer means I will currently have 17 in Rd.13, 18 in Rd.14
    Wilson means I will currently have 17 in Rd.13, 17 in Rd.14

10. Ange

June 8, 2018 at 9:07 am

Dunny, what are the chances of Joel smith being named for the dee’s?

• Brett

June 8, 2018 at 9:17 am

Dunny won’t answer any questions. 0% Ange

• Dunny

June 8, 2018 at 4:45 pm

Hi Brett,
        Unfortunately you are generally right. I can’t get on to answer due to work committments (my real job).
        To answer Ange’s question, I don’t think they are high, but given what has happened this round who knows!

11. Max

June 8, 2018 at 9:11 am

Menegola or Westhoff

• M8

June 8, 2018 at 9:16 am

Menegola

• Brett

June 8, 2018 at 9:18 am

the hoff for me. Plays all 3 bye rounds

12. Brett

June 8, 2018 at 9:24 am

stuck with 20 players this week after trades. Bye planning was perfect until the dreaded injuries to Laird and Cogs. Still have to navigate Round 14 with 14 players on the bye, but only have 8 players on a bye next week.

If i have some luck with injuries, i will be selling R14 bye players over the next 2 weeks meaning i will go close to fielding 20 every week.

• M8

June 8, 2018 at 9:31 am

Your bye structure sounds elite, what were your trades this week?

• Brett

June 8, 2018 at 10:16 am

Ridley to Ahern
        Petrucelle to Austin
        Crossley to Frampton (needed some cash)

• Brett

June 8, 2018 at 10:19 am

some advanced trades magic to make them moves

• blimp on the radar

June 8, 2018 at 2:05 pm

Any chance you can keep Crossley another week? Any more suns injuries could give him a run right when you need him in round 13. Never know anyway.

13. The Mammajam

June 8, 2018 at 10:00 am

How many promos should we be looking to field this week I have 11 so far.
    Debating whether to trade Fyfe?

• Brett

June 8, 2018 at 10:17 am

10 premos, 10 rookies here, 2 lowest scores drop out at least

• Brett

June 8, 2018 at 10:19 am

if everyone holds on to the likes of fyfe, cogs, laird, dusty i can’t see any team fielding more than 12 premiums this week.

I have held cogs and laird.

• The Mammajam

June 8, 2018 at 10:47 am

Cheers Brett. Yeah I held Laird after listening to podcast, trying not to do too many sideways moves but feel my team is a bit weak with under performing premos like Merrit and Parker

14. Kingzy

June 8, 2018 at 10:19 am

Had my bye plans all work out nicely.

Them BAM Robinson out for 3 weeks, Laird and Cogs out.

On the bye is Titch, Bont, Yeo, Sicily, McLean, Nic Nat, Hurn.

First trade –
    Robinson – the Hoff
    This gives me 18 players, 12 premos.

Should I go aggressive, Cogs – Matt Crouch.
    Mutch – Ahern

Or take a points hit this week, Hold Laird and Cogs.
    Mutch – Ahern
    Murphy (who is playing this week but only scored 35 last week) – Austin
    Ill have 19 on field

Thoughts?

• Brett

June 8, 2018 at 10:26 am

Kingzy,

I am holding Cogs and Laird.

I would definitely get Westhoff for Robinson.

Hold Cogs/Laird and get Ahern and Austin.

If i had more cash i would get the hoff in this week, but it’s fair to say that my bank balance looks similar to my real life bank account.

• Kingzy

June 8, 2018 at 11:04 am

Hey Brett,
        it is the thing to do, isnt it. Get rid of the rookies.
        I dont think Murphy’s score would get into my top 18 scores so I dont mind trading.

Trading premos is not the thing to do over byes, except for Robinson who is injured for 3 weeks.

Haha fair call mate

• The Mammajam

June 8, 2018 at 11:32 am

HOLD LAIRD AND COGS
      the other trades look solid

15. Charles

June 8, 2018 at 10:19 am

Gawn, Grundy, Gibbs. Who to captain?

• Matt

June 8, 2018 at 10:47 am

Im going gibbs

16. Corey

June 8, 2018 at 10:32 am

I’ve traded:
    K. Mutch > P. Ahern
    N. Coffield > L. Austin
    D. Martin > A. Brayshaw (MELB)

Playing with 2 donuts this week in R. Laird and J. Ridley. I think it’s worthwhile holding J. Ridley rather than replacing him with L. Austin given how minor his injury is and also taking into consideration the St. Kilda bye. Was gonna replace J. Cunico with A. Brayshaw (MELB) but because Dusty isn’t playing I’ve traded him instead, I see it as an opportunity to replace D. Martin given his form this year and also that his and J. Cunico’s bye fall in the same round.

17. Stevo

June 8, 2018 at 10:41 am

Who to get in for Ridley? Austin or Mihocek? I know Austin has had two great games but still don’t trust him. Atm I have Austin though but there’s almost 100k price difference

• Shane

June 8, 2018 at 11:16 am

Toying with this myself. Currently going with Mihocek as suits my bye structure more and the 100k saved will be an upgrade next week. Take away the 4 goals and it’s still a score of 54 for Mihocek. But feel the 4 goals buys him a couple of games which should get us through the byes

• Bolverk

June 8, 2018 at 12:57 pm

Reasonable to question Austin given history, but utterly ludicrous break even. Also, Mihocek’s scoring arguably equally unrealistic given four goals.

I might normally choose the bigger gain, but this time, need the extra cash next week to make the planned triple upgrade. Would suggest maybe the bigger bye or team picture should be the main consideration. Not really enough data/difference to decide with confidence otherwise.

18. Matt

June 8, 2018 at 10:47 am

Def Laird, Lloyd, Yeo, Simpson, Seedsman, Blakely (Rice, O’shea)
    Mid Titch, Gibbs, Neale, Merrett, Parker, Rockliff, Andrew Brayshaw, Phillips (Mutch, Clarke)
    Ruc Gawn, Martin (McInerney, Cameron)
    Fwd McLean, Smith, Heeney, Billings, Christensen, Guelfi (Rioli, T.Smith)

36k, thinking of trading
    O’Shea > Austin
    Rioli > Ahern
    Billings > Westhoff or Brayshaw/Crouch via rocky dpp.
    Thoughts on these trades would be appreciated, cheers

• Confused

June 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm

I agree with Austin and Ahern as I think they are the best 2 rookies currently available but just need to be careful how many you can field over the next 3 rounds. Austin has a rd 14 bye and Ahern in rd 13.

I would go with Westhoff over Brayshaw and Crouch based on him playing the next 3 rounds although Brayshaw and Crouch will likely score higher. Westhoff also plays Richmond with may limit his score tonight but in the long run Port do have some easier games ahead.

19. Grovers Guns

June 8, 2018 at 10:51 am

I planned well for my byes and had everything set with a big $$banks as well.
    Then Fyfe, Laird, Cognilio, Big O, Ridley, Billings and TSmith who I picked up at his first game plus Mutch who wasn’t expecting anything from.
    22 then goes down to 14 before trades (17afterwards unless BigO gets the late call up).
    Ridley to Austin
    Billings to Ahern
    Mutch to Brayshaw
    Leaves $582k and all 6 defenders with R14 bye. Not too worried about that though as Yeo, Simpson next week and then Brayshaw from mids to backline

This game is cruel sometimes

20. The Mammajam

June 8, 2018 at 10:54 am

Hey Legends

Would you get rid of Fyfe for Ahern if it meant getting macrae , Mclean and a rookie for Merrit Spargo and ridley next week

21. Anthony

June 8, 2018 at 11:28 am

Here me out.
    Is Josh Kennedy an option?
    440k, No Darling, could be a good bye option
    Someone talk me out of this

• The Mammajam

June 8, 2018 at 11:34 am

Better options out there plus he’s not playng this week
      What about Ainsworth for GC . should be a solid 80+,low BE and plays through bye rounds

• Anthony

June 8, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Thanks, sounds good

• PowerAde

June 8, 2018 at 3:55 pm

I will definitely grab him next week, he is a shoe in to increase price by $150k imo

22. Confused

June 8, 2018 at 11:44 am

Trying to decide between trading O’Shea to Rice which gives me cash to upgrade next week or Tsranto to Westhoff?

At this stage I will need all 3 trades next week to field 18 if I trade out O’Shea or if I trade Taranto I will have 16 on ground before trades. I do think Taranto will do okay this week without Cogs playing.

Thanks for any advice.

• Matt

June 8, 2018 at 12:15 pm

I reckon hold Taranto, should go 90+ Kelly out. Mind looking at mine above?

23. Billy

June 8, 2018 at 11:45 am

If there is a chance Laird misses next week as well surely it’s a trade

• Gregga

June 8, 2018 at 12:50 pm

To early to tell ffs , no more ridiculous questions please !!

24. The Spud

June 8, 2018 at 11:52 am

Wingard or Ainsworth

25. TKOLLOVER

June 8, 2018 at 11:53 am

Laird
    Fyfe
    COgs
    Robinson
    Ridley
    Tim SMith

plus my bye players Mitchell, Simpson, Dow, Sic Dawg

Close to giving up lads.

• the Cricket

June 8, 2018 at 1:47 pm

Don’t give up – there’s so many coaches out there going thru the same horror!

• Simon

June 8, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Hehe… tkol lover. That guy was a douche

26. Chief007

June 8, 2018 at 12:02 pm

Anyone had their eye on Tom Mcdonald? 613k def/fwd ave of 96 last 3 ave of 114

• Shags

June 8, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Yes. But after his bye.

27. Shags

June 8, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Should I cull Ridley (Extra player on field this week)

Or Stephensen (huge BE of 88, only going to lose cash from here, but at least he’s getting a game)

• The Mammajam

June 8, 2018 at 1:16 pm

cull steph i reckon. more money for next week when some guns come back

28. Shags

June 8, 2018 at 12:32 pm

Rice, Giro, or Mihocek.

Rice I think has the best JS which at this stage is important, but pricey
    Giro didnt have the best first game but hes got potential and is still cheap.
    Mihocek wont kick 4 goals every game, and concerned about JS but best option stat wise.

• Sam

June 8, 2018 at 1:56 pm

Price wise: Giro is most worth it given likely JS and midfield minutes

Scoring wise: Rice probably 65+ whilst the other two are unknown thus far

Bye wise: Mihocek may be better for some?

I’m not sure I could justify bringing in Rice over Giro now given price diff, likely similar JS and scoring and same bye.

Disclaimer: I have Rice but got him 2 weeks ago. Getting Austin and Ahern this week.

• Shags

June 8, 2018 at 2:00 pm

The appeal of rice is his Def status and good JS. I have a few too many rookie spuds in my def.

29. stan

June 8, 2018 at 12:43 pm

billings + martin + mutch to ainsworth + ahern + brayshaw

or

keefe + mutch + martin to mihocek + ahern + brayshaw

or

keefe + mutch + billings to ahern + Mihocek + westhoff

30. Ben Cousins is innocent

June 8, 2018 at 12:51 pm

If you dont have a donut this week you are a very luck person. If you say you have planned for this you’re full of shit haha

• Deeks

June 8, 2018 at 1:12 pm

I’ve got 21 this week, 18 next week and 23 the week after .. you can plan for it. The bye rounds are where I always make hay. Yes, it’s a bit of luck – I don’t have Laird, Dusty, Billings, Fyfe or Ridley and, apart from laird, the others have been costly anyway. Happy days

• Shags

June 8, 2018 at 1:35 pm

Fyfe has been a gun bro.

• Shags

June 8, 2018 at 1:35 pm

I dont have a donut. But its due to my abysmal bye round structure (i had bench players this week and almost a full team).

And even though I still have cogs dusty billings ridley fyfe t.smith I should be able to field 19.

31. blake thotly

June 8, 2018 at 1:27 pm

Gibbs or Crouch?

Ceiling: Gibbs
    Consistency: Crouch
    “Durability”: Gibbs (hasn’t been injured this season)
    Tag Susceptibility: Crouch (Banfield this week)
    Price: Crouch

Very hard to split them

32. Jess

June 8, 2018 at 1:40 pm

Thoughts??

Laird > Brayshaw
    T Smith > Ahern
    Dusty > Zorko

51k left

• Nostro

June 8, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Seems a no brainer there Jess – some might question Laird (#1 defender) to Brayshaw though. I reckon that’s solid though!

33. Jess

June 8, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Or keep Laird and trade Murray to Austin?

• Rambo Tambo

June 8, 2018 at 2:25 pm

Keep Laird

34. zac dawesome

June 8, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Lads, would love to hear your thoughts. I’ve got a lot of cash to use with $533k, probably too much.

1. Ridley > Austin… T. Smith > Ahern… Martin to Hoff?

2. Ridley > Austin… Billings > Hoff… Martin > Brayshaw? My concern is Brayshaw has a bye next week…

35. Shags

June 8, 2018 at 1:49 pm

Dusty > Giro/Rice/Mihocek

Dusty > Hoff

Other 2 trades already getting Austin and Ahern

• Nostro

June 8, 2018 at 2:22 pm

Shags – r u chasing the cash or looking for points this week? I’m assuming with your other trades you’ve got some loot, so I’d look to the Hoff. At the very least he’s set and forget during the byes & with some luck through the rest of the season.

Good luck!

• Shags

June 8, 2018 at 2:31 pm

My main league doesn’t play over byes, and simce my rank already pretty shot and the othet leagues don’t really care about, I am definitely considering just chasing cash and having best team after byes (foregoing bye structure altogether).

I have also pretty much convinced myself that Hoff could actually be a decent trade for that anyway. But seeing as there are a few nice rookies this round an all out cash grab isnt something Im opposed to.

36. getachubby

June 8, 2018 at 2:24 pm

so thinking of doing this

Tim Smith > Brayshaw
    Murray > Autin
    Waterman > Ahern

leave me with 338K in the bank and 20 players ( 21 if pohalk gets named )

will be Holding Fyfe , Dusty through suspension and injury

37. Lewie-14

June 8, 2018 at 2:40 pm

DEF: Laird,Yeo,Lloyd,Simpson,Blakeley,Rice(Naughton,Pearce)
    MID: Titch,Coniglio,Sidebottom,Gibbs,Danger,Parker,Merrett,Phillips(Clarke,Giro)
    RUC: Gawn,Jacobs(McInerney,Cameron)
    FWD: Heeney,Ronke,Guelfi,McLean,Fritsch,Rocky(Rioli,Gowers)

$310k in the bank

Thinking Gowers > Ahern
    Naughton > Brayshaw or Austin(cash generation)
    Not sure on 3rd trade…..? Possibly Pearce to Austin
    Thoughts????

38. boz

June 8, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Option 1:
    Cogs > Phillips/Kelly/Crouch (points this week)
    Murray > Brayshaw

39. boz

June 8, 2018 at 3:16 pm

Or option 3

Get in Westhoff over Brayshaw

40. matthew

June 8, 2018 at 3:16 pm

thoughts on dusty/Austin and get the $$ and use the cash to get a mclean/gaff coming off their bye rather then getting a gibbs who still has their bye to come??