My Team

My Team 2018: Round 10

Discuss your round ten moves.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there and in the works!

moneyball_620

WB1629.73.71.71588.73.30.7
WC1626.731.313731.30

Click here for Fantasy points against stats thanks to Morts from @DFSAustralia

1. E.J

May 23, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Finlayson to Simpson or Billings to buddy
    If I do the latter I have to trade fritch to get rocky next week but if I do the former I can use billings for him
    Suggestions? Cheers guys

• PMJ

May 24, 2018 at 8:55 am

Buddy, he’ll smash it this week

2. M8

May 24, 2018 at 10:08 am

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Ryan, Doedee, Murray, Coffield (Finlayson, Murphy)
    MID: Macrae, Mitchell, Fyfe, Coniglio, Merrett, Whitfield, Kelly, Phillips (Banfield, Mutch)
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Heeney, Smith, Taranto, Ronke, Guelfi (Giles-Langdon, Spargo)

Cash: $193k

Currently have gone Coffield to Yeo and Finlayson to Ridley leaving $79k thoughts on trades and other options appreciated..

• Matt

May 25, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Finlayson to Ridley and Murray to Rice? Trying to generate some cash :)

3. Kyle Holmes

May 24, 2018 at 11:19 am

Hey legends, just a quick thanks to everyone giving advice on this site!
    Ranked well inside the top 500 so some help for this week would be greatly appreciated!

Def: laird, yeo, lloyd, doedee, murray, cumming (oshea, pearce)
    Mid: macrae, titch, cogs, jelwood, beams, parker, merrett, phillips (banfield, fog)
    Ruck: gawn, stef (big O, cameron)
    Forward: mclean, menegola, taranto, smith, waterman, guelfi (rockliff, gowers)
    Bank: 4k

Thinking of a double downgrade of oshea-> ridley/rice and waterman-> smith as my cash generation is shot and i cant do any meaningful upgrades. Thoughts?

• Tommo

May 24, 2018 at 2:34 pm

I’d be moving cummings on ASAP and wouldn’t be very confident in fielding him. And I’d go Rice over Ridley due to JS and incoming byes. But depends what suits bye structure. Personally I’d be leaning towards Clarke over Smith.

• Kyle Holmes

May 24, 2018 at 3:10 pm

yeah cummings was very average, the idea was to bring in either rice or ridley to field over him. if hes dropped this week then he wont leak cash but oshea will. Id rather clarke over smith too, however i am cautious about having too many essendon players!

4. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

May 24, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Fantasy-
    Def: Laird, Tuohy, Ryan, Murray, Doedee, Finlayson (Naughton, Murphy)

Mid: Titch, Danger, Cogs, Merrett, Neale, Thomas, Caddy, Banfield, (rocky, Worpel)

Ruck: Gawn, Nank, (omac, DCam)

Fwd: McLean, Smith, Hogan, Christensen, Ronke, Waterman, (Langdon, Crowden)

112k banked,

Doing finlayson to Angus Brayshaw and Waterman to Tim smith

Caddy and Thomas will come down forward soon but it’s good for dpp for bye rounds.

Thoughts?

• Gregga

May 24, 2018 at 2:45 pm

Hey fatman, your team still looks similar to round one. Gotten absolutely nowhere. All talk at the start of the year yet you can’t even manage to get a decent set of promos already halfway through the year. What a squeezer…. say hi to the rest of the village people

5. Jp

May 24, 2018 at 2:10 pm

Hibbered to Rudley
    Dusty to Macrae.

What are your thoughts fellas
    Cheers

6. Matt

May 24, 2018 at 2:38 pm

Play Ridley or Coffield on the field?

• knickers

May 24, 2018 at 7:52 pm

Ridley

7. hijacker

May 24, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Yeo or Lloyd?
    Considering injury, form, role etc.

• Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

May 24, 2018 at 5:18 pm

Yeo

• Gregga

May 24, 2018 at 5:44 pm

Lloyd easy. Good bye and consistent. Yeo is injury prone and might not be playing. I’ve never listened to batgirl above. He can’t even string a good side together this stage of the year and he continues to blurt our inconsistent advice lol.

• Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

May 24, 2018 at 6:13 pm

Lets back up a second- Gregga, Who are you?
          And Yeo is a tackling Machine, he’s also the eagles’ no. 1- 2 best mid, he gets the ball and maintains a consistent 25 disposal average, (without injury) Lloyd goes missing,

Gotta think which player has a more fantasy friendly role and who is more likely to go missing,

• PowerAde

May 24, 2018 at 6:26 pm

he is a top bloke, loves to banter like a banter thing.

he once made a really funny joke calling me gayderade. I laughed so hard my stomach started hurting.

8. PowerAde

May 24, 2018 at 6:27 pm

LOL@ rookie carnage

9. PowerAde

May 24, 2018 at 6:35 pm

ffs, it is like a full bye round, likely one donut, hoping no late changes

10. Matt

May 24, 2018 at 6:37 pm

Murray, Coffield, Clarke, Mutch still not back, Yeo possible late out. Yuck

11. lizard-of-oz

May 24, 2018 at 6:44 pm

got rid of most looking good

12. Cam

May 24, 2018 at 6:48 pm

A.Pearce – Ridley (Hold Murray)
    Banfield – Curnow/Kelly
    Or
    Murray and Doedee to any 2 defenders
    Current Backline is
    Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Simpson, Murray and Doedee

• knickers

May 24, 2018 at 7:56 pm

Pearce to Ridley & Murray to your preferred Premo defender.

13. Matt

May 24, 2018 at 6:54 pm

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Simmo, Seedsman, Murray (Coffield, O’Shea)
    MID: Mitchell, Neale, Gibbs, Merrett, Parker, Kelly, Brayshaw, Phillips (Mutch, Clarke)
    RUC: Gawn, Martin (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Heeney, D.Smith, Billings, Bundy, Guelfi (Rioli, ZGL)

60k in the bank.
    Murray, Coff and no MID cover. Should I do Coffield > Ridley/Rice/Stoddart and Murray > Either Sicily or Blakely? This will leave me around 100k. Thoughts on what trades to do would be appreciated, cheers.

• Rambo Tambo

May 24, 2018 at 9:29 pm

Coff to Ridley/Rice and Murray to Sicily is what I’d do, I’d expect Sicily to respond after last week. I can’t really say who’s the better pick out of Ridley and Rice. Ridley obviously has the higher scoring potential but both have shakey js imo.

14. Bomber Thompson

May 24, 2018 at 7:03 pm

Got 243k in the bank, probably gonna go Coff > Ridley/Rice and Finlayson > Any defender. Was keen on going to Yeo but now he is uncertain so not sure if thats a good plan anymore. Need more r12 byes but already have Sicily and dont really trust Simmo so thinking Seedsman is my best bet. Leaves me with 159k to do a downgrade upgrade to grab Rocky next week. Thoughts?

15. JungleMuffin

May 24, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Love the carnage this week. Should help separate the men from the boys.

• Bomber Thompson

May 24, 2018 at 7:40 pm

good luck next year son

16. Guy Incognito

May 24, 2018 at 7:33 pm

those riding the wave of rookie backs overachieving while sideways trading and those upgrading their whole team

• Bomber Thompson

May 24, 2018 at 7:40 pm

ranking?

• JungleMuffin

May 24, 2018 at 8:33 pm

This.

I complete my backline this week, have a playing emergency just in case Yeo is a late out and have only 3 rookies left in my starting 22.

Meanwhile, the hindsight haters are struggling…

• Rambo Tambo

May 24, 2018 at 8:49 pm

Same but with 1 rookie in each line (barring the ruck). However if Murphy and Poholke get dropped, I’ll be stuck with 4 still 😔

• Bomber Thompson

May 24, 2018 at 8:56 pm

wow your a big boy!!! whats your ranking cobba

• Rambo Tambo

May 24, 2018 at 9:05 pm

A big boy? You’ll find me inside the top 10 champ 😉

• Matt

May 24, 2018 at 9:16 pm

#6 ayy, mind looking at my post above? cheers

• Gregga

May 24, 2018 at 10:30 pm

For farks sake squeezer who give a flying fark about other people ranking, just shut the fark up and play the game or go back to maccas and try to break your record of eating the whole place dry you fat ole

17. Anth80

May 24, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Guys,

What’s better:
    Trade out Duman and Crowden for Rice and Smith and play Rice for Murray this week
    Or
    Crowden and Murray for Mitch Lewis and Whitfield or Crisp?

18. Tom

May 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm

Can have anyone under 686k? Who?
    Already have Whitfield, Brayshaw, Withereen, Sicily, Taranto and Merrett

19. Smile

May 24, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Play
    Yeo and T Kelly
    Or
    Macrae and Mirra?

• Rambo Tambo

May 24, 2018 at 9:09 pm

Macrae for sure, Yeo could be a late out

20. stimpy

May 24, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Really need Help this time Guys

DEF Laird,Simpson,Seedsman,Murray,Doedee,Mirra(Naughton,Pearce)

MIDS Macrae,Mitchell,Conig,Danger,Gibbs,Dusty,Dow,Phillips(Crowden,Mutch)

RUCKS Gawn,Martin(Flynn,Cameron)

FWD McLean,Heeney,Smith,Christensen,Ronke,Guelfi(Waterman,Venables)

CASH 2k Hate having Dow on field…Murray(B/E 67 to Ridley…Dow to Taranto,Langdon..Daisy Thomas

Thoughts Guys please…Thanks

• Shags

May 24, 2018 at 11:24 pm

Same problem as me. I think you need to downgrade (naughton) to Ridley and upgrade (murray) to which ever def premo you can afford.

• stimpy

May 24, 2018 at 11:26 pm

Cheers Shags,good advice

• Shags

May 24, 2018 at 11:26 pm

Oh you have rookie issues in mid as well is Dow playing?. Ouch. Maybe doubke downgrade?
      Smith is getting another game for dees.

Pearce on field is yuck though.

• stimpy

May 25, 2018 at 12:07 am

lol yeah I know..Why im thinking my trade I sujested

• stimpy

May 25, 2018 at 12:09 am

Yep Dow is playing

21. ProwlingTiger

May 24, 2018 at 8:37 pm

Posted this on the Teams post
    Has anyone have concerns with Ridley being in the team come the byes. Worsfold has shown with both Mutch and Guelfi that he plays them for a few games then rests them.

• JungleMuffin

May 24, 2018 at 9:04 pm

Yep. Essendon selection is like pin the tail on the donkey. Guelfi was playing well, then gets dropped, then brought back in after average VFL output. Clarke smashing it on ball at VFL but can’t get game, then gets selected and plays forward pocket, then despite his tackling numbers at VFL gets dropped for a back pocket. Mutch etc.

At this point of the season you need JS from your rookies as your #1 priority, and not even Essendon has a clue who their best 22/25 is.

• j

May 24, 2018 at 9:33 pm

Enjoy jumping on Clarke early last week muff.

• JungleMuffin

May 24, 2018 at 10:03 pm

I brought Clarke in a month ago, muppet, and will have no bearing on my scoring this week. In fact, I have no need for him to play a game for the rest of the season.

Try again, flog.

• j

May 25, 2018 at 1:24 am

flog comment by a expert in being a flog: “In fact, I have no need for him to play a game for the rest of the season” – shows who the muppet is.

• JungleMuffin

May 25, 2018 at 1:57 am

You tried having a crack, and still got it wrong, why would I care what a flog poster like you says.

You can’t play Fantasy Footy and you can’t troll either. You’re useless.

22. Killer

May 24, 2018 at 8:48 pm

1. Kelly and Mutch to Macrae and Ridley
    2. Coffied and O’Connor to yeo and Ridley
    3. Kelly and Murray to yeo and Simpson

1.2 or 3

• stimpy

May 24, 2018 at 8:58 pm

1 Macrae a must have

• The Cricket

May 25, 2018 at 2:08 am

Stimpy, Macrae is not a must have (now) – there’s no such thing.
        What IS a must is ensuring we can field a team across the next five weeks and keep some cash generation happening. We need room on the bench to park bye players, which we won’t have if it’s clogged up with non-players (like Venables, O’Connor etc and now, probably, Crowden).

• chief007

May 24, 2018 at 9:57 pm

1 yeo has a medial strain so not worth the risk

23. Anth80

May 24, 2018 at 9:15 pm

Crisp or Whit?

• Matt

May 24, 2018 at 9:20 pm

I like whitfield over crisp

• Screech

May 24, 2018 at 9:49 pm

i am considering whitfield this week. surely josh kelly’s inclusion is good for gws and hopefully whitfield’s scoring? would whitfield still get tagged you reckon?

• j

May 24, 2018 at 9:54 pm

Will probably have a positive effect on Coniglio more likely. If you look at Whitfields’ scores this year (3/9 tons), he’s not actually tracking that different to previous seasons when he finished averaging somewhere in the 80s (usually with a handful of tons). As an owner, I’m looking to move him on after the byes if he doesn’t improve and there are better top 6 defenders available at that point.

• Screech

May 24, 2018 at 10:00 pm

ok thanks for the advice

• Screech

May 24, 2018 at 10:01 pm

though those first two big scores he got when kelly was in the team…i dont know if i should risk it

• JungleMuffin

May 24, 2018 at 10:07 pm

Should have brought in the correct player the first time, shouldn’t have you.

Let’s be honest, you shouldn’t be giving anyone advice on how to build their team seeing how you can’t even play your own team well.

• Anth80

May 24, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Crisp it is then.

24. chief007

May 24, 2018 at 9:54 pm

laird, yeo, seedsman, murray, finlayson, doodle (pearce, coffield)

mitchell, curnow, conigilo, danger, cripps, kelly, fyfe, phillips (banfeld, brayshaw)

gawn, jacobs (mcinereny, cameron)

mclean, heeney, smith, tarrnto, rayner, rioli (clarke, spargo)

have 32k in the bank

first up i guess finlayson to rice etc

2nd not too sure any suggestions appreiated will give em back

• chief007

May 24, 2018 at 9:56 pm

rice or stoddart now mills is out??

• j

May 24, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Rice

• Matt

May 24, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Stoddart may hold his spot as Mills is out for the year. Probably go with rice though, then Murray up to a premo defender of your choice (Simmo, Lloyd, Sicily, Blakely)

• chief007

May 24, 2018 at 10:09 pm

or could i trade banfield/brayshaw move coffield to mids that way i hold murrray

25. hijacker

May 24, 2018 at 10:23 pm

Original trades were:
    Coffield > Yeo (R12 bye)
    Finlayson > Ridley (R13 bye)

But now with Yeo being a possible late out and Ridley’s JS concerns,
    my trades are looking like:
    Coffield > Lloyd (R14 bye)
    Finlayson > Rice (R14 bye)

The only problem with these two trades is that bringing in two R14 byes will mean all six players on field in my backline will have a R14 bye, which is what I wanted to fix this week, but it looks like the situation has worsened. An alternative to getting Rice/Ridley would be Stoddart, but he also has a R14 bye. And there don’t seem to be many reliable defenders so Lloyd and Yeo would be the only two premo defenders I am willing to trade to. I can’t really risk a Yeo late out because I have no bench cover (Murray and Naughton).

What on Earth should I do about this situation??

• chief007

May 24, 2018 at 10:30 pm

do you have any mid /def and mid/fwd

• hijacker

May 24, 2018 at 10:33 pm

not in the right places

• JungleMuffin

May 24, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Just bring in Yeo. He played the match out and is named on field this week.

• hijacker

May 24, 2018 at 10:36 pm

Well I guess we will know if Yeo gets on the plane or not, but if we find out he does, is it safe to get him knowing I won’t have any cover?

• hijacker

May 24, 2018 at 10:37 pm

OK whatever. Yeo in. (which I would prefer anyway).
        Now, Ridley or Rice? (but everyone is debating that anyway)

• JungleMuffin

May 24, 2018 at 10:40 pm

No idea about the other pick, rookie defenders aren’t on my radar at the moment.

• j

May 25, 2018 at 1:29 am

Something else that isn’t on your radar is the ability to pick a decent fantasy side, muff.

• JungleMuffin

May 25, 2018 at 2:03 am

Excuse me if I don’t put to much value in what a bloke ranked at 80k thinks a good team is. The scoreboard speaks for itself, flogj.

• Matt

May 24, 2018 at 10:47 pm

I’m going with Rice. I can see Ridley being dropped for Hurley once he’s back, listed as a test so i’d assume he’s back within the next 1-2 weeks. Although for all we know Rice could be dropped next week too.

• hijacker

May 24, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Nah not with Nathan Brown and Roberton out for a while. And if Nathan Brown is back, Logan Austin seems like he would be the one to be dropped. The only contender for his spot is probably Coffield, but I reckon White and McKenzie would go first.

• JungleMuffin

May 24, 2018 at 10:38 pm

Bringing in Lloyd to dodge a possible Yeo donut this week just makes you eat a certain Lloyd donut in round 14.

• hijacker

May 24, 2018 at 10:55 pm

Well if Yeo has a donut this week, its quite probable he could have a donut for the next few weeks too (and thus has higher risk). I think the risk is probably worth it though.

26. Shags

May 24, 2018 at 10:46 pm

Carnage for me in rookie defenders with Murray Fin and Cummings out.

Time to cull and upgrade def.
    Going Ridley like pretty much everyone.

Which def premo should I get?
    Have Laird Seeds Lloyd.
    Yeo seems obvious choice, but injury concerns have me spooked. Could even be a late out.

Who is next? Def premos seem really shakey.

• stimpy

May 24, 2018 at 11:10 pm

I really like Howe…Wanted to get him ages ago,someone advised me not to…Shags could you cast a eye over my team above please?

27. Bavan

May 24, 2018 at 10:58 pm

should i bring yeo in this week?

• Shags

May 24, 2018 at 11:28 pm

Its….risky.

Im in the aame boat. Hes the obvious next def premo upgrade in my opinion but he is a late out risk…

• Bavan

May 24, 2018 at 11:39 pm

i do have cover for a late out in Bailey Rice on the pine. i think that somewhat reduces the risk.
        Do you think i should hold coffield – considering he will be back next week and with all these troops going down around him, it might be the right choice to hold – especially with the late bye – im quite R13 heavy and he has the R14.

• Shags

May 25, 2018 at 12:19 am

Trade rookie omissions. Coffield is plump he can be sold. No guarantees he is coming back in.

• Bavan

May 25, 2018 at 8:06 am

Thanks mate

28. Dave

May 24, 2018 at 11:10 pm

Which Forward or Defender 635k or under?
    Seedsman, Blakeley, Whitfield, Taranto, Menegola, Sic Dawg, Langdon.

• Matt

May 24, 2018 at 11:34 pm

The one who best suits your bye structure, i’m assuming thats sicily. If you don’t care about byes, go seedsman.

29. chief007

May 24, 2018 at 11:32 pm

sicdog @633k or hurn @614k

• Matt

May 24, 2018 at 11:33 pm

sic, im bringing him in.

30. Jimmy85

May 24, 2018 at 11:58 pm

Should I upgrade Murray or do a bit of dpp stuff keep him and upgrade Banfield or Brayshaw, cheers

31. Shags

May 25, 2018 at 12:04 am

Ok reassess on above post.

2 choices.

Finlayson > Ridley
    Murray > Any def premo (have laird, seeds, lloyd)

Finlayson > Ridley
    Crowden > T.Smith

(Have to play pearce on field and have no def bench cover, but if Murray is named next week its a win because Crowden is a spud that has to be culled)

• Shags

May 25, 2018 at 12:36 am

Also if 1. is trading in Yeo too risky?

• Bavan

May 25, 2018 at 8:09 am

i think im going to do it – trade in yeo. he looked fine when he came back on against geelong so its definitely not too serious and there are no other options to bring in apart from Sicily (for the R12 bye) who spent the 2nd half last week forward foir 15 points. Was tagged and hawks lost which means more attention might be coming his way. To me, sicily feels more risky than yeo to be honest aha. :D

32. Jack

May 25, 2018 at 4:56 am

Look I’ve had a couple tins but I’m bloody bringing in Howe for Murray.

33. Ethan

May 25, 2018 at 10:37 am

Rice or Ridley

34. Majak Thor

May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am

Yeo or Lloyd & Ridley or Rice.

35. Matt

May 25, 2018 at 1:22 pm

My trades this week are Finlayson – Ridley and Murray to Rice which leaves me with $616k in the bank to bring in Rocky for Waterman next week :). What are your thoughts guys?

36. Jon

May 25, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Def: Laird, Murray, Sicily, Seedsman, Doedee, Coffield
    Mid: Titch, Cogs, Neale, Sidebottom, Gibbs, Merret, Rockliffe, Kelly
    Ruc: Gawn, Stef
    Fwd: Dev Smith, Heeney, Taranto, Fritsch, Ronke, Gowers

Trades –
    Murray/Coffield OUT for Lloyd/Ridley
    (Rockliffe benched for Banfield)

Should i bring in Lloyd/Mcclean/Zorko/Buddy
    Leaning towards Lloyd coz 2 outs in the backline

37. Matt

May 25, 2018 at 2:07 pm

“We’re really pleased to report he’s going to be fine. He will play this week.” – Simpson on Elliot Yeo

38. stimpy

May 25, 2018 at 2:19 pm

Pick one as a M7 upgrade from a rookie…Redden.. JPKennedy..Daisy..Taranto..Greenwood

• stimpy

May 25, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Would pick Taranto but with Kelly back not sure what this does to his scoring..plus I don’t want to be too vanilla

39. Sam

May 25, 2018 at 2:35 pm

Is Jack Macrae worth getting if h don’t have him ?

• Rambo Tambo

May 25, 2018 at 6:29 pm

He’s the highest averaging player…

40. stimpy