My Team

My Team 2018: Round 10

Discuss your round ten moves.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there and in the works!

moneyball_620

SYD16123.31.31578.730
WB1629.73.71.71588.73.30.7
WC1626.731.313731.30

Click here for Fantasy points against stats thanks to Morts from @DFSAustralia

1. Stalliondongs

May 20, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Downgrade finlayson and upgrade spargo or might do a double downgrade and spend big nxt week

2. Nathan

May 20, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Cunico, Kelly and/or Billings
    Can trade out any 2 and looking at getting Walters and Curnow – 416k in bank

• michaelt1

May 20, 2018 at 9:59 pm

Cunico and Billings, I think Kelly is probably more safer than Cunico during the byes.

• JungleMuffin

May 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Give Walters another week, he’s still got the 11 in his cycle.

Be weary though, he needs to kick goals to score big. There is definitely some value there at his current/next round price, but I’m not sure value picks are the way to go in the 2nd half of the season.

• Dulcify

May 21, 2018 at 11:50 am

Wary.

Fooz

May 21, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Thanks Dulcify. It seems to be catching. Just like the word “versing”

3. tom13

May 20, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Laird Yeo Lloyd Doedee Finlayson Murray (Mirra, Keeffe)
    Mitchell Gibbs Coniglio Fyfe Merrett Parker Zorko Phillips (Mutch, Brayshaw)
    Stef Gawn (Cmaeron, Frampton)
    Sicily Heeney Smith Billings Fritsch Guelfi (Gowers, Crowden)
    Cash: 30k
    I need to prioritise trading out Crowden and Finlayson but not really sure who to go to, advice would be appreciated

• tom13

May 20, 2018 at 9:00 pm

finlayson to Ridley and crowden to clarke/smith? meaning mirra or ridley is on my ground for a week before i swing sicily back there when i trade in rocky

• michaelt1

May 20, 2018 at 9:51 pm

Finlayson to Ridley and Crowden to Smith probably the best option and should give you enough money to upgrade one of your defender rookies to rocky when you swing sicily back

• Paul

May 21, 2018 at 1:34 pm

This is literally the exact same thing I am doing (except getting rid of Bonner instead of Finlayson). Think I will go Smith because of his lower BE, can afford to wait one more week on Clarke

• JungleMuffin

May 20, 2018 at 11:21 pm

I don’t see the value in trading out Crowden. 2 weeks ago, sure, but now you make minimal profit on a downgrade. 100k+ from a downgrade doesn’t get you anywhere, you’re better off trading players that help you reach premiums.

He’s going to spend a few weeks back at WAFL, which should be 10/11, maybe he plays 12/13. Worst case he’s out from 10,11,12,13. I strongly suggest you hold him and trade him out over the byes, and use him r13/14 to pick a player you know is selected, while also having a 3rd trade that week to get you to a premium, where you need the extra 100k, because the traditional 1 down 1 up wont get you to where you want.

I wanted him out myself 2 weeks back, but couldn’t make it happen due to structure/prices. I still have him, even though he’s lost 40ish k. I don’t plan on trading him out until round 12 at the earliest, due to his profitably and bye round. Trading him out now won’t get you to a premium with 1 down 1 up, and the players that do quite possibly have worst JS.

Crowden has to go, I agree, but I think structurally, now is not the time to do it.

• mike

May 21, 2018 at 6:16 pm

Holding him means 1 less player generating cash and if he doesnt play through the bye rounds then thats 1 extra 0 to cover.

I reckon use trades now to make sure you have reliable (touch wood) bench cover that will generate cash

4. tom13

May 20, 2018 at 8:48 pm

Waterman > T.Smith
    M. Crouch > Macrae

thoughts?

• Alex

May 20, 2018 at 10:03 pm

I wouldn’t be trading out M Crouch, as tempting as Macrae is. Do you not have another way to get him?

• wiley

May 20, 2018 at 10:13 pm

I just don’t think Crouch is fit enough, they said its soreness, but we’re not sure if its actually soreness or another hamstring injury. We’re not guranteed that hes back this week either

• JungleMuffin

May 20, 2018 at 11:28 pm

Banking on sore players is risky business, especially with byes around the corner, which can cost you multiple donuts.

I sat Acres on the bench a few weeks back. He then came back and played 1 game, missed the next, and maybe more.

Holding an injured/sore player pre buys is playing russian roulete. Maybe he comes back, maybe he costs you 2 donuts, either way, is it a risk you can take?

• Dulcify

May 21, 2018 at 11:51 am

Pre byes, not pre buys.

6. Tony

May 20, 2018 at 9:09 pm

Got three options:

can either go

mutch to mick walters
    banfield to cripps or gibbs
    or doedee to lloyd or simpson

• tbd

May 21, 2018 at 9:31 am

Either of the last two, depends on your bye structures and if you’re fielding either of them.

7. Richmond

May 20, 2018 at 9:10 pm

Who has the better bye

Lloyd or yeo?

• tom13

May 20, 2018 at 9:11 pm

yeo

• Daniel

May 20, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Probably Yeo, but it depends on your team

8. Adam

May 20, 2018 at 9:11 pm

Coffield to Ridley
    O’Shea to Rice/ Banfield to T.Smith

Or

Banfield to Ridley
    Kelly to Dangerfield?

9. michaelt1

May 20, 2018 at 9:42 pm

DEF: Laird, Seedsman, Sicily, Murray, Doedee, Coffield (Finlayson, Naughton)
    MID: Titch, Macrae, Coniglio, Lyons, Dusty, Merrett, Tim Kelly, Ed Phillips (Banfield, Mutch)
    RUC: Gawn, Jacobs (Frampton, Cameron)
    FWD: Mclean, Smith, Heeney, Fritsch, Gowers, Spargo (D. Forgarty, Giles-Langdon)

Remaining Salary: $189K

At this stage my first trade will be Finlayson to Ridley which gives me $385K to do pretty much anything. Considering Jarrad Lyons has the bye this week I am tempted to upgrade Banfield, giving me 775K for a premium mid, and then being able to trade lyons out for rocky next week. Thoughts on mids to get and any other trade ideas are welcome.

• Cal

May 20, 2018 at 9:51 pm

Don’t trade Lyons. Firstly he’s a premium and secondly he’ll help you out a lot during main byes, go Doedee to Lloyd/Simmo/Yeo or Banfield to an underpriced premo.

• Daniel

May 21, 2018 at 2:16 pm

+1 to hold Lyons. I got him for the byes, I’m keeping him through the byes.

10. Champion

May 20, 2018 at 9:49 pm

Dusty to Treloar or Doedee to a Defender like Crisp( Have Laird, Yeo, Seed). Would prefer to trade coff instead but don’t get enough cash although I get in Ridley over Ed Phillips for Finlayson.

11. anth80

May 20, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Guys what’s better?
    Crowden to Smith and Duman to Rice $152k
    Waterman to Smith and Kelly to Gibbs $12k
    Crowden to Smith and Hibberd to Whit $0k
    Crowden to Smith and Hibberd to Crisp $14
    Waterman to Smith and Hibberd to Yeo.

• Brodie

May 21, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Last one because Yeo has a good bye

12. Belly

May 21, 2018 at 12:06 am

Rank these in terms of keeping them until their bye (all are R14)
    Banfield, Coffield, Doedee, Kelly.

• Alex

May 21, 2018 at 5:22 am

I think Doedee, Kelly, Coffield, Banfield

Doedee will score the highest and has a bit more cash, Kelly will at least hold his value and will be useful on field.

Banfield probably at his max. I’m going to keep him for 1 more week I think. Hoping Giro gets a game soon

• Belly

May 21, 2018 at 1:39 pm

Thx Alex, I was thinking similar but possibly swapping the last two, Coffield seems to be struggling in the last few weeks.

13. Gary

Mutch, Ephilips

Ruck
      Cameron, Omclner

FWD
      Poholke, Keefe

Thanks.
      I traded Rayner to Dusty (he’s cheap and plays the saints) That allows me enough money to upgrade Keefe to rockcliff next week.

• The Cricket

May 21, 2018 at 12:38 pm

Why do you want Dusty? He’s cheap for a reason.
        He’s not a premo fantasy mid imo. When he had dpp fwd status a couple of years ago he was a top six fwd and a must have. But his scores aren’t high (and consistent) enough for a mid.

14. Alex

May 21, 2018 at 5:39 am

Rank the best/popular players in each position with each respective bye.

I have

R11

Def: Yeo, Simmo, Sic

Mid: Macrae, Titch, Cripps, Gaff

Ruck: Nicnat, Kreuz

Fwd: McLean, Darling

R12:

Def: Hurley, Whitfield

Mid: Zork, Treloar, Pendles, Sidey, Beams, Zerrett, Heppell, Cogs, Oliver

Ruck; Gawn, Grundy

Fwd: Smith, Taranto, Hogan

R13:

Def: Laird, Seed, Lloyd, Blakely, Tuohy, Savage

Mid: Gibbs, M Crouch, Neale, Fyfe, Geelong “fab four”, Dusty, Steven, Parker/JPK

Fwd: Heeney, Franklin, Walters, T Lynch, Menegola, Lambert

If I was to summarise, R12 bye best for Fwd and back, R11 best in general and upgrades for mids who have an R11 and 12 bye could be a problem

• Alex

May 21, 2018 at 5:40 am

Oh and C Curnow!

• Alex

May 21, 2018 at 5:41 am

Sorry, R12 and 13 bye problem

• Rambo Tambo

May 21, 2018 at 8:00 am

The byes are 12, 13 & 14

• The Cricket

May 21, 2018 at 3:59 pm

Warnie, can you PLEASE ask the techies to FIX THE APP!?!?

My (android) app is listing all my players as having Rd12 and Rd13 byes! (Don’t know about Port & Suns players, don’t have any)

This is poor form – surely it’s easy enough to fix.

And while I’m at it – it’s not possible to do ‘advanced’ trades on my app. Can trade a player out and swap one from another position into the gap BUT cannot then access players from newly vacant position to bring in.

Anyone else having these problems or is it just me?

• mike

May 21, 2018 at 6:23 pm

I get the trade problem when one of the players is on the bench. Move them onto field before you start trading and see if that works

15. Chubby Rain

May 21, 2018 at 7:04 am

Big regrets on not bringing in Ronke last round. Good few rounds were ahead of him and he will have jumpee up 100k by next round. Great stepping stone for a Rocky type will immediate cash generation and 70 odd scores

16. Ol’mate

May 21, 2018 at 7:08 am

Def:
    Loyd, Simpson, Laird, Seedsman, Murray, Coffield (Pearce, Cummings)

Mids:
    McGrath, Mitchell, Coniglio, zerret, Trelor, Martin, Kelly (Mutch, Banfield)

Rucks:
    Gawn, Grundy (frampton, D.Cameron)

Fwds:
    Heeney, Billings, Ronke, Fritsch, Guileffi, Higgins (waterman, Spargo)

21k.

I know my forward line is p/w. But also Thinking of trying to set up for the byes.. stumped on how..
    Any suggestions?

I was thinking:

Waterman- T.smith/ Billings – Franklin (12k)
    Waterman- Clarke/ Billings Mclean (17k)

Kelly- Phillips (not on field- swap for Banfield)
    Billings to Mclean..

Waterman – T. Smith/ D.Cameron – Mclnerney
    (Have a ruck emergency for Byes) bank 64 k

OR

Coffield To Ridley/ Murray to Yeo and clear me out..

What say you? Cheers

• Ol’mate

May 21, 2018 at 7:11 am

Macrae!! Not Macgrath**!

• Alex

May 21, 2018 at 7:51 am

Keep Murray till his bye round.

Billings stinks, get McLean, best bye round and carving RN

17. Kingzy

May 21, 2018 at 8:27 am

$84K in the kitty

DEF:Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Seedsman, Hurn, Murray (Doedee, Murphy)
    MID:Titch, Cogs, Neale, Zerrett, Bont, Parker, Kelly, Phillips (Clarke, Mutch)
    RUC:Gawn, Nic Nat (Mcinerney, Cameron)
    FWD:Mclean, Heeney, Smith, Robinson, Taranto, Fritsch (ZGL, Guelfi)

Do I go all out this week and bring in Macrae?
    Would mean Kelly + Murray to Macrae + Heron or a $170K DEF if named.

Or go:
    Doedee – Ridley, Kelly – Yeo / Zorko / Ed Curnow?

• Kingzy

May 21, 2018 at 8:29 am

If I go a Yeo / Zorko leaves me with around $140K for next week

• Kingzy

May 21, 2018 at 10:32 am

So looking at options, this is what I am planning to do.

Doedee – Ridley
      Kelly – Yeo, shift Seedsman into the MID.

Then shift Taranto with Clarke, field for Phillips
      Field Guelfi for Clarke
      Bank $122K for next week, to upgrade Guelfi to Rocky.

My team will look like:
      DEF:Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Sicily, Hurn, Murray (Doedee, Murphy)
      MID:Titch, Cogs, Neale, Zerrett, Bont, Parker, Seedsman, Taranto (Phillips, Mutch)
      RUC:Gawn, Nic Nat (Mcinerney, Cameron)
      FWD:Mclean, Heeney, Smith, Robinson, Guelfi, Fritsch (ZGL, Clarke)

Thoughts?

18. blimp on the radar

May 21, 2018 at 9:19 am

I’m getting rid of Robbie Gray. He was largely parked up forward where he’s a better player anyway, and now the pig has the midfield minutes… I’d say unlikely top 6 if his role remains the same from here on out.

I think I’m getting rid of him anyway! It could be a mistake!!

• Alan J

May 21, 2018 at 10:01 am

I was going to hold him to help with the Rd 12, 13, 14 byes, but feeling similar to yourself now and not liking his change in role..

Most likely moving him to Lloyd (seemingly good run of games before his bye) or Simpson (Geelong give up heaps of cheap points to defenders) this week with Sicily going FWD..

• Screech

May 21, 2018 at 11:11 am

cue hinkley to swap him around after bye. cant be trusted

• blimp on the radar

May 21, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Yeah it’s not a headache I need… I need to fix rucks and it’ll get me Grundy… so…

19. Sam

May 21, 2018 at 9:30 am

Billings to Tim Smith

Pearce to Ridley

Gives me 420k for Ratugolea to Rocky and Kelly to Dangerfield next week? Thoughts lads

• CJ

May 21, 2018 at 10:05 am

Awesome!! +1

• shotta

May 21, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Pearce will be very handy during byes

20. anth80

May 21, 2018 at 9:46 am

Who’s better to bring in.
    Gibbs or Zorko?

Current team is
    Laird, Seedsman, Simpson, Murray, Sicily, Hibberd (Duman, Pearce)

Titch, Cogs, Treloar, Neale, Martin, Zerrett, Kelly, Phillips (Crowden, Mutch)

Gawn, Stef (Big O, Cameron)

Heeney, Smith, Taranto, Billings, Allen, Clarke (Waterman, Gowers)

Thinking Waters to Smith and Kelly to either Zorko or Gibbs.

Need to trade Hibberd, Martin, Billings, Christensen out but will wait for byes.
    Team is a disgrace couldn’t even top 2000 on the weekend.

• Kingzy

May 21, 2018 at 10:52 am

Id pick Gibbs.
      Zorko has been great, but plays Sydney this week and Hewett could tag, shut Titch down recently.
      Then plays North Melbourne, Jacbos should tag him.
      To risky in my opinion, has the bad bye round to.

• anth80

May 21, 2018 at 11:29 am

Should I trade out my spuds 1st mate or build around them? Next week Allen to Rock.

• Kingzy

May 21, 2018 at 11:45 am

Id try and upgrade around them, Christensen got 92 on the weekend which is good and Billings got 70 which is ok.

Waterman downgrade and Kelly upgrade is good.

• anth80

May 21, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Ta. Still got Crowden who is worth nothing and Hibberd who is a spud. How’s I’m one k short for Dangerfield. Bringing in Smith so short that cash unless fresh meat debuts this week. Could always go Mitch Lewis I guess and play Gowers on field.

• Kingzy

May 21, 2018 at 12:16 pm

Yea id say Crowden and Duman need to go.
            Especially with the byes coming up.

Maybe a double downgrade this week?

21. Lachie

May 21, 2018 at 9:49 am

What is the ideal bye structure we should be aiming towards?

• j

May 21, 2018 at 1:49 pm

players out, over rnds 12-13-14: 8-11-11

The aim is that by the time you hit the harder round 14 bye, you can plan and save to bring in three reducing that number out to 8. You’d be doing pretty well to have around 20 playing in rounds 13-14, allowing for the best 18 scores to be taken.

22. CJ

May 21, 2018 at 10:04 am

Heeney or McLean? 60K difference which will come in handy over the byes (ie. get rocky)

• Lachie

May 21, 2018 at 10:17 am

McLean with the rd 12 bye must be very appealing assuming your bye structure is like most people

• Kingzy

May 21, 2018 at 10:26 am

+1, vs Collingwood this week should go big to

23. clever tent

May 21, 2018 at 10:21 am

Is it too premature to trade out mutch ? being able to move him on to a uber premium like macrae or curnow would you consider this a wasted trade as he hasn’t maxed out in value, but considering the way essendon played its unlikely he’ll get the call up to play through the byes.
    thoughts comments feeling appreciated

• Kingzy

May 21, 2018 at 10:25 am

If you can get Mutch to a premo it isnt a waste, might not get back into the team.
      Do it

• clever tent

May 21, 2018 at 10:36 am

Current team is
      Laird, Seedsman, Haynes, Murray, Doedee, Coffield (Ridley, Naughton)

Titch, Cogs, Fyfe, Duncan, Dangerfield, Merrett, Zorko, Phillips (Shipley, Mutch)

Gawn, Stef (English, Cameron)

Heeney, Smith, Taranto, Fritsch, Spargo, Clarke (Rata, Flynn)

Going Finlayson to Ridley leaving 642k (over Naughton because my bye structure is bad also why english is still hanging around)

and last trade is up for grabs, where do you think the priority would be ?

• Lachie

May 21, 2018 at 10:49 am

You should be working to get those rooks off your ground that are scoring <60. You also said your bye structure is bad so I would go shipley to McLean

24. BenOswald

May 21, 2018 at 11:10 am

Curnow, Conilgio or Fyfe?

Curnow helps best with byes.

• Deano

May 21, 2018 at 11:19 am

Curnow will go up in price again next game so if you’re gonna get him, get him now. Cogs will drop again.

25. Deano

May 21, 2018 at 11:16 am

Dilemma, do I bring in Crisp or Lloyd, or go for a Rook like Ridley.

Am looking to trade out either Hurn or Finlayson.

26. Malieke

May 21, 2018 at 11:27 am

Current team:
    Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Sic, Whitfield, Murray (Ridley/Mirra)

Titch, Treloar, Fyfe, Coniglio, Zerret, JPK, T.Kelly, Ed Phillips (Banfield/Mutch)

Gawn, Jacobs (Mcinerney/Cameron)

Heeney, Hogan, Billings, Fritsch, Spargo, Guelfi (Gowers/Rayner)

Options im looking at so far are
    Alex Pearce > Ridley and Tim Kelly > Mclean (as a mid for the time being) 100k bank

or

Pearce > Ridley and Banfield > Hunter 1k bank

thoughts?

• The Cricket

May 21, 2018 at 12:46 pm

Don’t run your kitty dry!

27. stumpy85

May 21, 2018 at 11:27 am

D: Laird, Lloyd, Simpson, Doedee, Murray, Finlayson (Coffield, Mirra)

M: Tictch, Danger, Cogs, Neale, Zerrett, T Kelly, Holman, Phillips (Spargo, T. Brown(!))

R: SMartin, Gawn (Frampton(!), Crossley)

F: Heeney, McLean, D. Smith, Gray, Ronke, Fritsch (Gowers, Guelfi)

$404k spare cheddar

Likely doing Finlayson -> Ridley and Doedee -> Yeo and still have some spare cash to upgrade Holman, unless I should trade him pre bye?

• stumpy85

May 21, 2018 at 2:41 pm

Depending if Yeo is injured or not that is…

28. Shaggy

May 21, 2018 at 11:34 am

Fella, time to go big this week and unload my warchest of $532k!

Tossing up a few options:

A) Brayshaw + Petracca > Buddy + D.Smith + $115k remaining
    B) Billings + Petracca > Buddy + D.Smith + $209k remaining
    C) Petracca + Naitanui > Buddy + Grundy + $52k remaining

I have rocky sitting out and hopefully, Crouch comes in @ M6. I need another MID next week

• PowerAde

May 21, 2018 at 2:26 pm

gee, you couldn’t really go wrong with option 3 but I think you would be better off getting rid of the non players (billings) first.

option 2 for 2 good fwds plus moolah left over

29. Fooz

Fooz

May 21, 2018 at 11:56 am

Okay all:

1) Is Tom Phillips the real deal?
    Season Ave: 97.2
    Last 4 Ave 103 – includes an injury score.
    take out the injury affected score and over three of the last 4 he’s averaging 120
    BE 98

2) Is it time to bring in Angus Brayshaw?
    Season Ave: 82
    Last three Ave: 98
    BE 49

thoughts?

30. Mad Fish

May 21, 2018 at 12:09 pm

Okay, so I had the most horrific week ever due to my decision to bring in Ah Chee (should have gone McKernan), and only got 1959. Dropped 3,000 sports in the ranking :(.

Anyway, here is my team:

DEF: Laird, Seedsman, Savage, Murray, Coffield, Finlayson, (Doedee, Mirra)
    MID: Titch, Treloar, Cogs, Neale, Zerrett, Parker, Kelly, Phillips, (Spargo, Mutch)
    RUCK: Gawn, Nank, (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Heeney, Smith, Taranto, Sicily, Ah Chee, (Waterman, Ratugolea)
    $352k remaining

So unless Ah Chee gets dropped I probably will hold until his bye since I just bought him in.

Was thinking of going:
    Finlayson —> Ridley
    Coffield —> Yeo

This would leave me with enough cash to go Waterman to Rocky next week.

Alternatively I can get rid of Waterman and get Macrae, leaving me with next to no cash.

What do people think?

Fooz

May 21, 2018 at 12:24 pm

Keep an eye on Yeo. Reports are he’s potentially injured.

and, just make your week even more fun:

Macrae looked knackered during the last quarter and a half. Considering the wet track at Adelaide, the Doggies might be a bit sore and sorry this week IMO.

31. Big Bear

May 21, 2018 at 12:14 pm

D: Laird, Lloyd, Seedsman, Coffield, Dodee, Murray (Duman and Mirra)

M: Titch, Macrae, Fyfe, Coniglio, Martin, Zerrett, Kelly, Phillips (Brayshaw, Mutch)

R: Gawn, Martin

F: McLean, Smith, Heeney, Christensen, Ronke, Fritch (Keeffe, Guelfi)

Bank: $309.

I have a couple of worries on my field at the moment. I am happy with my forward line and the scores being produced down there, same with my ruck structure.

However, Coffield, and Martin are both showing me nothing, and need to dish out asap.

I am thinking Coffield >Ridley
    and Duman > Yeo/Sicily

Thoughts on what to do? Cheers

• ol’mate

May 21, 2018 at 12:30 pm

I like the first trade. You could also upgrade Martin – he’s bleeding cash.. can you get to Macrae?

• Big Bear

May 21, 2018 at 12:37 pm

Already got Macrae in the team.

Thinking I might hold Martin for one more week so I can downgrade brayshaw next week, and then upgrade Martin next week to Rocky, Curnow, or Trealor.

32. ol’mate

May 21, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Banfield- Ridley (via coffield) / Billing’s-Mclean
    8k left
    OR
    Same first trade- second Billing’s- J. Darling and 65 k left for rocky next week..?

33. Fooz

Fooz

May 21, 2018 at 12:32 pm

DEF: Laird, Llllloooyd, Seedsman, Murray, Doedee, Finlayson (Cumming, Pearce)
    MID: Macrae, Titch, Conigs, Duncan, Ross, Zerrett, Kelly, Phillips (Banfield, Mutch)
    Ruck: Gawn, Nank (Big O, Cameron)
    FWD: Taranto, Heeney, Dunkley, Petracca, Fritsch, ZGL (Murphy, Rioli)

Bank: $228.
    Forward line is a shambles with Dunkley and Petracca, but Rocky (and Danger if DPP) will fix that in a couple of weeks.

Two options (so far):
    1) Kelly + Finlayson > Ziebell + Angus Brayshaw + $33K
    2) Kelly + Finlayson > Ed Curnow + Ridley (on field) + $197K

Definitely leaning towards Option 2. Makes me feel so much better

34. BobTheBuilder

May 21, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Hold or fold on Dusty?

• j

May 21, 2018 at 1:52 pm

I folded last week, and was happy to see it bite me back. But the prevailing view from most people so far is to hold, at least till the byes, using that as opportunity to get rid of him if he doesn’t come good.

• j

May 21, 2018 at 1:53 pm

* happy NOT to see it bite me back * (as he didn’t go big).

35. mfawcett

May 21, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Def: Lloyd, Simpson, Seedsman, Hibberd, Murray, Doedee (Coffield, Duman)
    Mid: Mitchell, Treloar, Fyfe, Coniglio, Beams, Merrett, Brayshaw, Phillips (Mutch, Spargo)
    Ruck: Gawn, Martin (Frampton, Cameron)
    Fwd: Gray, Smith, Heeney, Taranto, Billings, Christensen (Clarke, Long)

Looking at going Brayshaw & Coffield > Dangerfield & Ridley. Will leave me 186k for an upgrade next week. Thoughts on this? Will play Spargo or Clarke in place of Gray this week. Will stick with Hibberd and Billings a bit longer I guess:)

36. M8

May 21, 2018 at 1:33 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Ryan, Doedee, Murray, Coffield (Finlayson, Murphy)
    MID: Macrae, Mitchell, Fyfe, Coniglio, Merrett, Whitfield, Kelly, Phillips (Banfield, Mutch)
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn (McInerney, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, Heeney, Smith, Taranto, Ronke, Guelfi (Giles-Langdon, Spargo)

Cash: $193k

Currently have gone Coffield to Yeo and Finlayson to Ridley leaving $79k, thoughts on trades and other options appreciated.

37. Power pepper

May 21, 2018 at 1:43 pm

I think its a good time to double downgrade with a few teams with power and maybe some suns players can put $494.000 in the bank. Then Billing- Rocky and upgrade a rookie with out drying out the bank for the byes next week, seen teams 1mill more then mine and I have had some good rookies.

38. JT

May 21, 2018 at 1:50 pm

who is the best midfield bargain this week? Gibbs?

• j

May 21, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Purely on recent form and BE, it’s Zorko. But he surely has tagged games coming up.

• JT

May 21, 2018 at 1:56 pm

39. The Essendon Top Ups

May 21, 2018 at 1:52 pm

Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Mills, Doedee, Finlayson (Richards, Naughton)
    Macrae, Titch, Congis, Fyfe, E. Phillips, Kelly, Brayshaw, Clarke (Mutch, Constable)
    Gawn, Naitanui (McInerney, Cameron)
    McLean, Smith, Menegola, Heeney, Guelfi, Spargo (Waterman, Venables)
    +764k
    Thinking that either Mills, Doedee, Finlayson or Naughton can be upgraded in my backline just don’t know who to and possibly Mutch or Kelly could get an upgrade.

• j

May 21, 2018 at 2:01 pm

Doedee and Finlayson presently on your ground, and are worth more than Naughton who isn’t changing price right now.

Take your pick in defense out of Seedsman, Hurn, Blakely, Simpson: they are all as likely to give you a sub-80 score as a 120+ on a given day. Ridley + one of those premos would be better than Doedee + Finlayson in the medium term. If you can get the same trading out Naughton, then even better.

• The Essendon Top Ups

May 21, 2018 at 2:21 pm

I have 764k in the bank, I can get pretty much anyone I need. Would you still go for this trade? Opinions on Howe or Sicily instead?

• j

May 22, 2018 at 12:10 am

I like Howe at the moment, but the choice for you should factor-in bye structure too.

40. Rockhampton Bin Chickens

May 21, 2018 at 1:57 pm

Thinking Crowden and Billings(Spud) to Ridley and T Smith. Leaves me a nice $385k Warnechest for next week.