My Team

My Team: Version 4.0

We are into the home stretch. Get chatting about your squad.

The final week of the JLT is here and so is a new My Team. Version 3 is running through the JLT Series… so get your chatter happening as the games play out.

Post your team (in an easy to read format) and discuss where it’s at in the comments below. Now that we have My Team cranking, discuss any players, team structure, etc in the comments. As always, keep it civil and if you’re advice, make sure you dish out some of your own (make sure it well thought out and not blatant trolling – we’re totally over that after 10+ years of DT Talk!).

Get keen for a massive season ahead.

Join our open DT Talk league – EJEFTZ9H

Click here to subscribe on iTunes. (Please leave a rating and review to help us move up the charts).

1,480 Comments

1,480 Comments

1. cotchy99

March 13, 2018 at 11:02 am

What does everyone see Nank averaging? Still feel he’s got a lot of natural improvement in him. Covers the ground well and loves racking up touches/ tackles. Feel he can mix it with the big guns this year

2. Lochie

March 13, 2018 at 11:06 am

Any experienced an/or highly ranked players wanting to do a draft?

• GT

March 13, 2018 at 11:28 am

I’ll join in

• Gawn For A Quick Nank

March 13, 2018 at 11:43 am

yep x

• Lochie

March 13, 2018 at 11:58 am

alright code is ERV7ULFF

Draft date: 18th March 6:30pm AEST time but time can change.

need another 15 experienced or highly ranked players to join to make this fun

• The Spud

March 13, 2018 at 1:07 pm

btw this is my 5th year so I hope that counts as experienced

• GReece Lightning

March 13, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Joined! Keen!

Experienced and had some good seasons in the past.

Available for draft.

• Anthonian

March 13, 2018 at 1:05 pm

I joined, I was 346 Last year. Hope that’s good enough for ya ;)

3. Laughing Lamb

March 13, 2018 at 11:10 am

Treloar v Gibbs ?

• Anthonian

March 13, 2018 at 1:08 pm

I would say Treloar based purely on the fact that it is proven he can perform in the Midfield with other extremely elite players. And yes Bryce Gibbs did perform well in the first JLT, but he was also playing Freo and there was no Brad Crouch or Rory Sloane.
      Also the fact that Treloar smashed the JLT

4. Chris

March 13, 2018 at 11:27 am

So many chops and changes!!!

DEF: R.Laird, L.Duggan, A.Brayshaw, N.Coffield, A.Naughton, S.Murray (J.Finlayson, T.Doedee)

MID: T.Mitchell, Z.Merrett, T.Adams, M.Duncan, L.Whitfield, A.Brayshaw, P.Dow, B.Banfield (T.Kelly, N.Holman)

RUC: S.Jacobs, M.Gawn (D.Cameron, T.English)

FOR: S.Menegola, J.Billings, C.Petracca, A.Christinsen, C.Rayner, D.Fogarty (L.Ryan, B.Fritsch)

$0 left in the bank!!!

Liam Duggan is a risk i know, but please have a look at his JLT numbers before commenting.

Good luck to all this season

Cheers

• kobe bryant

March 13, 2018 at 1:01 pm

Take JLT numbers with a grain of salt.. I’d probably avoid Duggan and upgrade him to a top def as the backline is looking a bit weak. Otherwise your team is looking alright.

• GReece Lightning

March 13, 2018 at 1:45 pm

Agree with Duggan, don’t mind selecting a POD but think there is better value out there. As Kobe said, Def is your only weakness (need to sacrifice somewhere).

Strong first 4 mids, Whitfield looks good early. You could free up some dollars by downgrading say Adams or Duncan (both great picks) to a Coniglio to upgrade Def.

Something to think about.

• Chris

March 13, 2018 at 2:25 pm

ok thanks

• Chris

March 13, 2018 at 2:25 pm

thanks

• PowerAde

March 13, 2018 at 4:16 pm

“I’ve sacrificed a couple of popular midpricers (eg.O’Meara) for some more expensive (and therefore better job security) rookies.”

surely you don’t think dow, banfiled and brayshaw have better JS than O’meara?

• powerout

March 13, 2018 at 6:23 pm

I think he means better JS in comparison to other rooks

5. frocl

March 13, 2018 at 11:34 am

Def: Laird, Lloyd, Brayshaw (Melb), Himmelberg, Coffield, Finlayson (Doedee, Murray)
    Mid: T Mitchell, Kelly, Treloar, M Crouch, Coniglio, Petracca, Brayshaw (Freo) Dow (Kelly, Brayshaw (WCE), Holman)
    Ruck: Jacobs, Gawn (English)
    Fwd: Menegola, heeney, Lynch (Ade), Smith (Ess), Fogarty, Fritsch (Keefe, Giles-Langdon)
    Bank: $107,000

6. Mouthyy

March 13, 2018 at 11:46 am

Re post Bottom of last page

Hey boys first team reveal of the year, not sure if i am completly happy with it any advice would be great!

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Witho, COffield, Murry, Doedee (Finayson,Keeffe)

MID: Mitchell, Merrett, Gibbs, Rockliff, Cripps, JOM, Brayshaw (Freo) Kelly (Barry, SMith) Need to change smith to someone)

RUC: Gawn, Ryder (Cameron, Frampton )

FWD: Heeney, Billings Christensen, Rayner, Stephenson Fritsch ( Rioli, Hern)

146k left not sure where i should put the cash

• GReece Lightning

March 13, 2018 at 1:40 pm

Some solid picks.

Interesting choice with Witho, tempted but I’m going to wait and see.

The only issue I see is your 2 Port players (Rocky, Ryder) 3 with Barry. With the early bye you will need coverage. I know Barry will be a downgrade option however you will either get a 0 with Ryder or need a miracle as it is not best 18 for the first bye with Gld Coast vs Port. Don’t see either Cameron or Frampton playing. I would recommend a different ruck (Jacobs, Martin, Nank) and keep Rocky.

Something to think about.

• GReece Lightning

March 13, 2018 at 1:42 pm

Look at Banfield from Freo or Holman from Gld Coast as replacement for Smith.

Holman has same bye as Barry, Rocky etc though.

• Mouthyy

March 13, 2018 at 1:55 pm

cheers for the ideas. I completely forgot about the Port bye might have to chnage him to stef.

Changed smith to Holman thanks for that

• Mouthyy

March 13, 2018 at 1:56 pm

I really like with for some reason i think he has a good fantasy game. Time will tell i guess

7. Scott

March 13, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Alright guys would love some thoughts on options for my team name! Options are:

1. Gawn, but not forgotten
    2. All hope is Gawn
    3. Life Gawn wild
    4. It’s Gawn pear shaped

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

• LWD

March 13, 2018 at 12:48 pm

• Anthonian

March 13, 2018 at 1:10 pm

yeah

• Scott

March 13, 2018 at 2:18 pm

Cheers boys!

• briby

March 13, 2018 at 12:59 pm

As many of us will be saying after the season starts #4

• Scott

March 13, 2018 at 2:18 pm

I’m hoping I’m not one of them.

• The Spud

March 13, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Definitely 2

• Scott

March 13, 2018 at 2:18 pm

Ngl I was leaning towards that one haha. Cheers!

• Dulcify

March 13, 2018 at 2:03 pm

5. Gawn with the wind.

• Scott

March 13, 2018 at 2:19 pm

I think I did consider that one at one point, thanks for your input!

• Mick

March 13, 2018 at 2:40 pm

Gawn Missing…..

• Gawn For A Quick Nank

March 13, 2018 at 3:44 pm

Gawn for a Quick Nank is the greatest

• Scott

March 13, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Yeah unfortunately I couldn’t come up with one as good as yours haha, you win this one!

• wishy

March 13, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Girls Gawn Wild?

8. M8

March 13, 2018 at 12:06 pm

I think my team seems pretty set with just rookies shuffling around before round 1;
    thoughts lads and suggestions appreciated:

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Lloyd, Coffield, Murray, Doedee (Keefe, Finlayson)
    MID: Mitchell, Merrett, Kelly, Whitfield, JOM, Brayshaw, Dow, Holman (Banfield, Barry)
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn (English, Cameron)
    FWD: Billings, Heeney, Smith, Sicily, Christensen, Fritsch (Rioli, Venables)

Cash: $9k

9. anth80

March 13, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Mitch Robinson a chance for top 6 fwd?
    only in 8% of teams

sauce or martin?

10. Loo

March 13, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Previous page, repost.

RDT just $4,800 left in bank, downside.

D: Laird, Hibberd (Melb), Savage, Coffield, Naughton, Murray (Doedee, Keeffe)

M: Titch, Danger, Zerrett, Dusty, Sidebottom, Coniglio, Brayshaw (Freo), Banfield (Finlayson, Kelly, Barry)

R: Nank, Gawn (Cameron)

F: Buddy, McLean, Smith, Sicily, Stephenson, Fritsch (Ahern, Ryan)

Other than low funds left, pick it apart fellas!

• Kambo

March 13, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Do you feel the risk in starting both Savage and Sicily? both most likely not going to be in the top for their positions but still worth a shout i guess, i’d prefer to play the waiting game in the first 2 rounds before prices change as its easier to jump on board then it is to jump off?
      i’ve learned the hard way that its better to start off playing safe then it is to take risks on players over the years, but its your team and gut feeling that you go with so if it feels right to you then go ahead and select them.
      I’d strongly recommend losing a premo in the mids to a rook and using cash to fix rookies. Keeffe isnt the worst pick if he gets a game and finlayson allows you the DPP link which is handy, only rook i have a problem with is Ahern as he didnt get any run through the JLT and you’d say he wouldnt suit up round 1. Holman should be a good cash generator as a mid rookie at 128k that i’d advice getting in the mix of your mids. Ahern to a Rayner, Fogarty or even a Christenson? allowing you to spread the extra funds over Savage or Sicily to a more of a season keeper or upgrade other premiums.
      Just a bit of constructive feedback to consider, nothing wrong with your team mate but you told me to rip it apart :p

• Loo

March 13, 2018 at 2:14 pm

Savage, Sicily is no diff to those choosing Rocky, JOM, Arma etc

Keeffe, is there for DPP swing

Ahern I’m hoping to change, Fogarty not guaranteed JS when Tex is back, potentially round 3, so I can catch him on the bubble later.

Yo talk about upgrades for Sicily and Savag but then advise Christensen who would be an upgrade anyway. If I can afford what I currently have, what’s the point of doing those changes.

Not arguing, just devils advocating :)

• Kambo

March 13, 2018 at 6:15 pm

those choosing rocky JOM and Arma are more likely to be in the afl fantasy format rather than RDT!
          Grabbing Christenson or a rookie instead of Ahern is just a suggestion for job security reasons, limited trades throughout the season so you dont want a bench fodder in Ahern if you can avoid. i Suggest this so you have more so ‘keepers’ to avoid sideways training throughout the season, whilst having the best of the best for their positions.
          Its just much easier to get away with a team with players you are banking on to become performers in AFL fantasy.
          But hey, High Risk High Reward!!!

• Kambo

March 13, 2018 at 6:15 pm

*Trading

• briby

March 13, 2018 at 1:59 pm

Very similar to me, so i like it, except i have Petracca F4, Bell F5, & $32k.

11. anth80

March 13, 2018 at 12:35 pm

How am I looking?

Laird, Hibberd, Lloyd, Coffield, Hibberd, Murray (Doedee, Finlayson)

Titch, Merrett, Martin, treloar, Cogs, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Banfield, Holman)

Stef, Gawn

McLean, smith, Robbo, Bundy, Florent, Fritsch (waterman, Langdon)

$27k remaining.

• LWD

March 13, 2018 at 12:37 pm

Finlayson > Pearce for extra job security. 27k remaining gets you that.

• Loo

March 13, 2018 at 12:46 pm

As in Finalyson is greater than Pearce? That’s what he has

• LWD

March 13, 2018 at 12:49 pm

> meaning to

12. cotchy99

March 13, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Devon v Robbo +30k???

• Matt

March 13, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Smith

• AD_Allstars

March 13, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Devon seems slightly safer. Only do it if your desperate for that 30K for another spot.
      Robbo is a stressful player to have. It is painful when he tags one of your best midfielders and both don’t score well.

13. AD_Allstars

March 13, 2018 at 12:43 pm

This is for RDT, so limited trades, but similar situation to fantasy.

Assuming O’Shea is named round one:

Hibberd (Melb), Neale and Stephenson (Collingwood rookie)

Or

O’Shea, Rocky and Toby Green

I currently have 1, but it feels dirty not starting with Rocky.

Thoughts?

• cotchy99

March 13, 2018 at 12:56 pm

1 mate

Too many question marks over Rocky’s fitness to start him

14. Matt

March 13, 2018 at 12:44 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Coffield, Naughton, Murray (Finlayson, Doedee)
    MID: Titch, Merrett, Kelly, Neale, Cogs, Dow, Brayshaw, Kelly (Banfield, Holman)
    RUC: Stef, Gawn (English, Cameron)
    FWD: Billings, Heeney, D.Smith, Christensen, Fogarty, Fritsch (Keefe, Waterman)

Thoughts on this team? 34k Remaining.

15. cotchy99

March 13, 2018 at 1:02 pm

What do we see JOM averaging? I notice a lot aren’t going him now

• JCridz

March 13, 2018 at 3:14 pm

Anywhere from 85-100, hes a good footy player but i cant pick him probs coz of last year, the chance that he is rested through the year will be high also plus he is very handball happy

16. Anthonian

March 13, 2018 at 1:27 pm

Team-StopTippingMyWuti

\ALL/ Thoughts would be appreciates
    Def: Rory Laird, Michael Hibberd, Jake Lloyd (Keefe)
    Nick Coffield, Sam Murray, Tom Toedee, (Finlayson)
    Mid: Tom Mitchell, Zach Merrett, Mitch Duncan, Adam Treloar (Barry)
    Stephen Coniglio, Jaeger O’Meara, Andrew Brayshaw, Bailey Banfield (Holman)
    Ruc: Sam Jacobs, Max “going, going” Gawn (Cameron)(Crossley)
    Fwd: Isaac Heeney, Devon Smith, Christian Petracca (Giles-Langdon)
    Allen Christensen, Fogarty, Fritch (Venables)
    1k remaining

Thanks!

17. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

March 13, 2018 at 2:07 pm

Duncan vs Merrett

• cotchy99

March 13, 2018 at 2:25 pm

Tough one. A lot of people overlooking Zerrett’s last 10 rounds of last year, got attention at only went at 103

I’d still go Zerrett just but not as clear cut as people think. I see Duncan going 110-115 again

• Jason99

March 13, 2018 at 3:37 pm

Neither of them. Would prefer Kelly/Gibbs/Dusty. But if you really want one of those guys, Merrett just.

• cotchy99

March 13, 2018 at 4:02 pm

You see Gibbs and Kelly averaging more than Zerrett? Would be interested to hear your thoughts on that. Zerrett to cop more tags like I mentioned?

• Loo

March 13, 2018 at 3:20 pm

Tough call, until Danger potentially in doubt Indidnt have zerrett at the moment he would be my replacement tho. however Duncan is like the other strong cats mids that until we see them all in we can’t be sure who will play where or how it will work. Due only to that it would be zerrett for me.

18. jworsley20

March 13, 2018 at 2:12 pm

O’Shea and Tim Kelly or Naughton and Constable? All would be on field

19. Bill

March 13, 2018 at 2:12 pm

Anyone else not being allowed to change their team name in AF.

20. Lochie

March 13, 2018 at 2:49 pm

Anyone else jumped off Sicily? I just don’t think i can have my heart in my mouth every game when he overreacts..

• Stange

March 14, 2018 at 2:07 am

Jumped off ages alright! I put him in my team for 10 mins, and got sick looking at it. I have a no-flogs policy.

21. Bucco77

March 13, 2018 at 3:03 pm

I know people have seen this a lot, but mind quickly giving some feedback on my team?
    Def- Laird, Crisp, Sicily, Coffield, Murray, Doedee (mirra, finlayson)
    Mid- Titch, Kelly, M Crouch, Neale, Parker, JOM, A brayshaw, Dow (Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck- Sauce, Gawn (Flynn, Cameron)
    Fwd- Billings, Heeney, Smith, Christesen, Fritsch, Ryan (Venables, Rioli)

• JCridz

March 13, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Would personally not pick crisp to many better ball users in the backline for them, overall like the structure, solid team!

22. JCridz

March 13, 2018 at 3:17 pm

What does everyone see Smith and Heeney averaging?

• Jason99

March 13, 2018 at 3:36 pm

90 and 95 respectively

23. Jason99

March 13, 2018 at 3:35 pm

Hey guys, what do you think of this RDT team atm?

DEF: Laird, Hurley, Hibberd, Lloyd, Coffield, Murray (Doedee, Keeffe)
    MID: Titch, Dusty, Kelly, Neale, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Kelly, Holman (Banfield, Barry, Finlayson)
    RUC: Gawn, Lycett (Cameron)
    FWD: Buddy, Billings, Heeney, Sicily, Christensen, Stephenson (Garlett, Fritsch)

Got 229k itb. Considering upgrading Barry -> to a more expensive midfield rookie with better JS. In addition, F6 is a massive concern for me at the moment (a surprise Bennell round 1 inclusion would help a lot). Planning on leaving a bit of cash in the bank.

24. footyfanatic

March 13, 2018 at 3:46 pm

I have pretty much gone for a guns and rooks approach and feel this is the strongest my team has looked. I’ve paid up for the extra rooks and sacrificed JOM at M6.

0$ remaining
    DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Lloyd, Coffield, Naughton, Murray (Doedee, Finlayson)
    MID: Titch, Merrett, Treloar, Neale, Parker, Brayshaw, Kelly, Banfield (Holman, Barry)
    RUC: Martin, Gawn (Cameron, Frampton)
    FWD: Billings, Heeney, Smith, Christensen, Rayner, Fritsch (Keeffe, Venables)

25. Gawn For A Quick Nank

March 13, 2018 at 3:59 pm

Parker or Whitfield to Duncan or Merrett or Gibbs?

• Gawn For A Quick Nank

?

• cotchy99

March 13, 2018 at 4:08 pm

McLean and Nank

27. Johnny

March 13, 2018 at 4:08 pm

Hi i still need 7 players to top off my Private league 148163 RDT i think some of my players from last year have fallen off the post.

28. hazza44

March 13, 2018 at 4:33 pm

Do people think Whitfield is a lock for DPP round 6?

• Broo

March 13, 2018 at 4:49 pm

IF he plays the same role he has played in the JLT then it’s likely

29. gRiNdA

March 13, 2018 at 4:33 pm

def: laird, simmo, sicily, coffield, naughton, murray (doedee, finlayson)

mid: Titch, merrett, treloar, neale, parker, rayner, brayshaw, dow (holman, banfield)

ruck: nank, gawn (cameron , frampton)

fwds: billings, heeney, smith, bundy, florent, fritsch (ahern, keeffe)

im not 100% sold on sicily and because of that im trying to grab brayshaw as one of my defenders but that would mean getting rid of zerrett and i dont really want to. i dont know about naughton either but i have him there because of JS.

30. Tom

March 13, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Duncan and Rayner (Onfield) $200k left in kitty

or

Menegola and Barry (Bench) $60k left in kitty

—- Duncan in means only 2 rooks onfield in Mids, but potentially lose a cash cow in Barry —–

• Tom

• Tom

March 13, 2018 at 5:10 pm

Kelly and Neale will ave. very similar. But Heeny should ave. higher than Smith

so 1 for me

32. Dan

March 13, 2018 at 4:44 pm

My team is a little bit different what others will be thinking but here is my first draft:

DEF: Sicily, Laird M. Williams, Murray, Biggs, Doedee (L. Murphy, Stoddart)
    MID: Neale, Parker, Fox, Cognilio, Lberatore, Banfield, Petracca, Fyfe (Holman, Constable)
    Ruck: Gawn, Lycett (Hickey, Cameron)
    FWD: Trengove, Billings, Christenson, Crozier, Smith, Acres (Fritsch, Fogarty)

Thoughts?

33. why-hartlet-why

March 13, 2018 at 5:10 pm

Is this def too ridiculous!!!!!! Thoughts
    DEF: Laird, Rampe, Savage, Biggs, Coffield, Naughton. Doedee/murray

34. Nackdaddy3

March 13, 2018 at 5:14 pm

My team is on the right track (I think haha), but any advice would be greatly appreciated :).

DEF: Yeo, Laird, Llyod, Murray, J.Smith, Coeffield (Finlayson, Doedee)

MID: Titchell, Zerrett, Sidebottom, Cripps, Armitage, Kelly, Brayshaw, Barry (Banfield, Ahern)

RUCK: Sauce, Gawn (Frampton, Cameron)

FWD: Menegola, Smith, Heeney, Christenson, B. Ah Chee, Rayner (W.Rioli, Fritsch)

Is it a bit too light on for premiums? Thoughts?

35. Tom

March 13, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Opinions would be greatly appreciated: RDT

Def: Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Coffield, Naughton, Murray ( Finlayson, Doedee)

Mid: Titch, M Crouch, Merrett, J Kelly, M Duncan, Conigs, Holmen, Brayshaw (Dow, Kelly, Banfield)

Ruck: Martin, Gawn

Fwd: Heeney, Billings, D Smith, Rayner, Fritcsh, Ryan (Keefe, Ryan)

60k left

36. Matt

March 13, 2018 at 5:48 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Coffield, Naughton, Murray (Finlayson, Doedee)
    RUC: Stef, Gawn (English, Cameron)
    FWD: Billings, Heeney, D.Smith, Christensen, Fogarty, Fritsch (Keefe, Waterman)

Thoughts on this team? 34k Remaining

37. Ictopol

March 13, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Cripps vs Hall vs Fyfe vs Parker?

How would you rank them?

• gRiNdA

March 13, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Parker, cripps, fyfe and hall i reckon are dead even

• ablett4brownlow

March 13, 2018 at 6:23 pm

Parker
      Fyfe
      Cripps
      Hall

• Ictopol

March 13, 2018 at 9:35 pm

Thanks for your help guys

38. PowerAde

March 13, 2018 at 6:25 pm

what a day. got arrested and fined $15k!

39. beanbean

March 13, 2018 at 6:43 pm

would appreciate any thoughts on my team

105k remaining is it worth upgrading a player or leaving some in the bank for the start of the season

def; R. Laird, J. Sicily, A. McGrath, A. Naughton, S,Murray, L. Keefe.
    ( J. Finlayson, T. Doedee)

Mid: Titch, Zerret, L. Neale, L. Parker, S. Coniglio, JOM, B. Banfield, P. Dow
    (D. Barry, H. Brayshaw)

Ruck: Gawn, Jacobs ( cameron, frampton)

FWD: McLean, Heeney, Walters, Petracca, Christensen, Fritch
    (ahern, w. rioli

• joshtaylor8

March 13, 2018 at 7:26 pm

hey mate, your last upgrade should be walters out, move sicily forward and get michael hibberd, i also wouldn’t have keefe on field given he won’t score more than 50. try and find money for nick coffield from st kilda. also look at downgrading a forward given christensen at F5 is a little too deep given you have keefe on field.

Rest of your team looks good.

• Guy Incognito

March 13, 2018 at 7:53 pm

And then your team will be like everyone else’s! Think your team looks good. Plenty of back upgrade options through DPP potentially coming and batting deep in the forwards seeing they’re weak! Good amount of value vs. keeper.
        Personally I think Jacobs is a bit boring and won’t get to his average. Have bought into the Nank hype which would allow you to bring in Freo Brayshaw (eagles Brayshaw didn’t make the JLT squads can’t see him playing soon) who looks a gun and keep the 100k for early fixes.

40. cotchy99