My Team

My Team 2018: Version 2.2

Discuss your team in My Team!

Everyone is loving that Fantasy is back! Fantasy teams are being tweaked daily (hourly for some!) and there is still 40 odd days until the first lockout.

Post your team (in an easy to read format) and discuss where it’s at in the comments below. Now that we have My Team cranking, discuss any players, team structure, etc in the comments. As always, keep it civil and if you’re advice, make sure you dish out some of your own (make sure it well thought out and not blatant trolling – we’re totally over that after 10+ years of DT Talk!).

Get keen for a massive season ahead.

Join our open DT Talk league – EJEFTZ9H

Click here to subscribe on iTunes. (Please leave a rating and review to help us move up the charts).

1,511 Comments

1,511 Comments

1. Buckz Boyz

February 12, 2018 at 6:38 pm

What exactly is involved in Fantasy Footy “research”? Was thinking about this and what I could actually do statistically to try and find breakout players etc.

I can only really guess that there would be excel spreadsheets, averages and numbers galore everywhere, comparing teams, positions, teammates etc.

Someone gimme the intel to actually do some “research” instead of just going off by “Underpriced”, “breakout”, “value pick” etc.

• Lochie

February 12, 2018 at 6:45 pm

well, for me to find “research” on “breakout players”. is look research via footywire at the averages of last year with who boosted up 10-15 in their 3rd year, find the trend which was 2nd year average between 20-80, then look at third year players this year. if there has been a positive change for them in their team and had a second year average between 70-80, i take the punt on them. Such as for me, parish this year.

• Buckz Boyz

February 12, 2018 at 6:57 pm

I’ve been looking into that as well, also had a big look at Parish. Might go Heeney down to a Parish/Smith/Robbo dependent upon how Mr. H dawg is tracking.

I see the underlying concept behind it, seems pretty fool poof, but also pretty simple lol

February 12, 2018 at 6:46 pm

I personally like to read a lot of articles about who’s been the standout during pre season training, and also about player positions (who’s changing where they play and if they are relevant). Also, watching last years highlight reels from the rookies helps to determine which ones will stand out from the rest.

• Buckz Boyz

February 12, 2018 at 6:59 pm

I have been reading articles, looking at tweets from other fantasy fanatics, getting info on how people are training and intraclubs etc etc. So in a sense it’s not even me doing research, just going on what others say, and I guess if I agree I take the punt.

Highlight reels is an idea I didn’t really think of, might give that a go.

• Turidru Giuliano

February 13, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Just bought “your complete guide to 2018 record afl fantasy”. Only ten bucks. Haven’t looked at it yet. It might help some beginners.

• Turidru Giuliano

February 13, 2018 at 1:15 pm

It should at the very least be an interesting read. I think I heard last years winner recommends it and features in it. Enjoy.

• Turidru Giuliano

February 13, 2018 at 4:17 pm

Thank you for your help and good bye dreamers and fantasisers. Addio, adios, au revoir, auf wiedersehen, sayonara. See you next year.

• The Chosen Won

February 12, 2018 at 6:49 pm

It all ok to “Predict” a player/players who are going to “Breakout” but its all about having the balls to pick them this is what will set you apart from the average coach.

Good Luck™

February 12, 2018 at 6:50 pm

I agree, gotta back yourself in.

• Trent

February 12, 2018 at 6:54 pm

I think this is an absolute great point, got to back your gut. This year I think McLean will go 95 and be a top 6 forward, clearly not many share this view as he’s in under 2% of sides at present, but I’m going to back my gut and research. If it comes off, I’ll be slightly ahead, if it doesn’t I didn’t die wondering and should still have a solid 85ppg player in my side

February 12, 2018 at 7:55 pm

Yeah I like McLean too but tbh I’m not really sure why atm.

• Buckz Boyz

February 12, 2018 at 6:54 pm

My balls usually end up nearly being cut off when going by gut feel goes wrong (most of the time). Looking for something more “justifiable” compared to being lucky in a sense.

• Jugs Tigers

February 12, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Agree with Chosen, back yourself in. Don’t let what someone says take away from what you have researched!

• Iridium192

February 12, 2018 at 9:12 pm

Been saying that for years on this site. Nothing worse that people who don’t “own” their selections, good, bad or otherwise. This not only applies in picking your initial side, but also in how you react when, and it will, turn to shit somewhere.

2. ablett4brownlow

February 12, 2018 at 7:00 pm

DEF: Laird, Crisp, L.McDonald, Coffield, O’Shea, Doedee (Murray, Mirra)

MID: Mitchell, Merrett, J.Kelly, M.Crouch, Rockliff, O’Meara, LDU, Brayshaw (Barry, Freeman)

RUC: Kreuzer, Gawn (Cameron, Flynn)

FWD: Billings, Heeney, Christensen, Rayner, Higgins, Ahern (Rioli, Venables)

19k left over

3. Trent

February 12, 2018 at 7:01 pm

So now Billing’s has a hamstring strain and is in doubt to play any JLT games. Upgrade target perhaps?

• Buckz Boyz

February 12, 2018 at 7:06 pm

One of my only picks I was backing in 100%. Great. Think he should just be on a modified program for a couple weeks and should still be good.

Any news on exactly how bad?

• Trent

February 12, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Mitch Clearly just said he’s battling a hamstring strain and is in major doubt for any of the pre season games. I’m looking at going Billing’s to Lobb and mid rookie to JOM

• Jaxon

February 12, 2018 at 7:45 pm

He should be right come round one, it’s just whether you go with him off a modified last few weeks of pre season. I’m still backing him in, only forward premo I like to be honest.

February 12, 2018 at 7:57 pm

I’m getting rid of him, I’ll upgrade to him later once he’s dropped a little in price. If this happened earlier in the pre season it wouldn’t be as big of a deal, but we’re just under 40 days till round 1 and they say he’ll miss ALL pre season games which is an issue. Big setback.

Although can’t decide whether to go to Greene, McLean, Walters or Lobb.

• Buckz Boyz

February 12, 2018 at 8:03 pm

McLean 100% IMO. He’s been my 2nd fwd lock for a while now. Can see interest in Walters & Lobb

• Turidru Giuliano

February 13, 2018 at 9:34 am

Jack Billings injured. When I read this is I was sceptical so I googled Billings injuries and it’s true albeit not serious (it appears). The interesting I found is that apart from last year he seems to have had an injury (don’t know how serious) every year dating back to 2013. So I took and axe to my side my side. God bye Billings, Ablett, rocky, beams, Christensen, Nic Nat, o’meara and a host of of other players never to make my team. When injuries occur it mostly seems to happen at start of games leaving you up sheet creek. Who knows maybe one or two of those players will be back in my team but I hope not. Oh well. “You get what you pay for”.

4. Zach

February 12, 2018 at 7:48 pm

Billings,Brayshaw,Coniglio,Zerrett
    V
    Devon,JOM,Cripps,Kelly?

February 12, 2018 at 8:09 pm

2nd now with Billings’ injury.

5. Buckz Boyz

February 12, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Not sure what’s just happened but my team has just changed drastically. Just making random changes and trying different combinations of players to see who I can fit in.

$9k in the kitty.

Def; Laird, Crisp, McDonald, Sicily, Brayshaw, Doedee. (Murray, Mirra)
    Mid; Titch, Treloar, Crouch, Rocky, JOM, Brayshaw, LDU, Kelly. (Worpel, Freeman).
    Ruck; Gawn, SANDI. I DON’T KNOW. (Cameron, Frampton)
    Fwd; Billings, McLean, Parish, Christensen, Stephenson, Bennell. (Venables, Ahern).

I’m being optimistic with Bennell, but I think he’ll be ready come R1. Not sure where Brayshaw & McDonald came from, but they’re both there too.
    I find 4-1-3 in the mids way too weak, not sure what you guys think?

No doubt there will still be 100’s of changes, and my final team probably wont look anything similar.

• Lochie

February 12, 2018 at 8:13 pm

I see a few players in there who have made my team today.

Loving the McDonald pick. Should be able to boost it to 90, and i know intra clubs dont mean much with positions, but North do not run deep in midfield so this could be a serious consideration for McDonald to play midfield.
      Midfield i agree is a bit weak. could downgrade brayshaw to upgrade a midfielder, since that defence imo is too heavy. Ruck’s arent bad. Ive gone for McEvoy instead of sandi although thats another 100k. he should sole ruck and hes leaner. in intra club, word has in from reports he smashed pittonet. Sandi also dominated ruck i heard. Love the pick of Parish, should breakout this year and go 88+. McLean also a good pick assuming he keeps that mid rotation role

• Frank

February 12, 2018 at 9:27 pm

I actually really like this team.

That defence is probably the best I’ve seen, can’t fault.

Mid is a little weak, but if JOM stays fit he could match it with the best. The rookies are spot on and will make you cash.

Ruck is fine. R2 is a great place to experiment and Sandi staying fit will score well.

Forward line great if all play.

6. ass2mouthcabbage

February 12, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Coniglio or Blakely?

7. Rob

February 12, 2018 at 8:51 pm

Cripps or Coniglio?

• Lewie

February 12, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Cogs

8. stimpy

February 12, 2018 at 8:52 pm

Kelly or Dusty?..Tough one

9. Kambo

February 12, 2018 at 8:54 pm

Where’s the best place to source information and advice for Real Dream Team ?

• andyjh

February 13, 2018 at 8:13 am

This site, Fanfooty, Bigfooty

10. Frank

February 12, 2018 at 9:32 pm

Is it worth going Titch in the mid as a set and forget captain and then go Parker, Fyfe, Coniglio and Steven as value premos? That way I can throw more money in other lines.

• Buckz Boyz

February 12, 2018 at 9:50 pm

Sounds like a logical idea, but will backfire if the likes of Parker/Fyfe/Cogs don’t make it to “keeper” territory, and you trade them by the end of the year anyway.

11. anth80

February 12, 2018 at 9:42 pm

Now that Billings is on a modified program who are people going down to? I’ve gone to Heeney but he’s not fully fit also. Current F1 is Heeney with McLean F2. But might go Dahl instead

• Buckz Boyz

February 12, 2018 at 9:45 pm

Might just go straight into value. McLean/Smith/Parish/Robbo types.

Currently got Heeney, McLean & Parish.

February 12, 2018 at 10:01 pm

I went down to Greene, but I’m also looking at McLean, Smith and Walters.

• House of Cards

February 12, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Not Parish, Robbo? Thats how im rolling atm

February 12, 2018 at 10:20 pm

Already got Robbo at F2, and I’m not sold on Parish. IMO he’s not gonna get much extra mid time on top of what he had last year. Seems Smith and Stringer are going to take most of it.

• Squid

February 12, 2018 at 10:05 pm

Hi, long time reader, infrequet poser. There is one guy been going 90+ for years and been close to premo mid in the past, low ownership, who no one is mentioning and he also happens to be the power’s skipper, day one lock for me and i reckon he could even turn out to be an underpriced value pick. Not sure why he’s getting no love, reckon he could end up top 2 or 3 fwd. Sorry if anyone was keeping that one under their hat…

February 12, 2018 at 10:22 pm

He’s always a viable pick but I think the round 10 bye will turn away most. That’s certainly what has turned me away.

• Squid

February 12, 2018 at 10:36 pm

One port or gc player on a line is if anything an advantage. Should be easy enough to cover for that one weird bye then one less headache for the real bye carnage, DT gods permitting of course.

February 12, 2018 at 11:35 pm

If you have 3 premos on that bye, then all of a sudden you’re losing close to 100 points total for those players just in bench covers. No thanks.

• Dulcify

February 13, 2018 at 8:18 am

Totally agree Squid. Most half decent fantasy coaches will make sure they have cover for any player that has the round ten bye. As you said, saves headaches for when the big byes arrive.

February 13, 2018 at 8:56 am

Sorry boys scotts right

• PK

February 13, 2018 at 1:57 pm

Squid if Boak is killing it I will get him in AFTER his round 10 bye. I believe a maximum of 1 player from gc or port pre round 10 then try get the likes of barlow/boak etc after their bye before the carnage of the “real byes”. You will loose too many points in round 10 if you have more than one premo missing.

12. stimpy

February 12, 2018 at 10:23 pm

Ive got Petracca as my F3..with Billings F1 Heeney F2…Thoughts on C. Curnow

• stimpy

February 12, 2018 at 10:28 pm

instead of Petracca

Saint Nick

February 12, 2018 at 11:05 pm

I can see Charlie increasing his average by 5-10 points, but I’m not sure if that is enough upside to validate selection. At this stage, I can’t see his role in the team permitting him to boost his average to premium forward numbers (90+), with Crippa and the crew rolling through the mids. But if you like him mate stick with your gut and roll with it, 2 trades a week allows us to take a few risks.

• Lycra

February 12, 2018 at 11:27 pm

Curnow will be an absolute beast of a player one day; fantasy probably isn’t his game quite yet though

• stimpy

February 12, 2018 at 11:29 pm

Thanks Lycra

• stimpy

February 12, 2018 at 11:28 pm

Thanks Saint Nick

13. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 12, 2018 at 11:31 pm

Am I rediculous to start both Burton and Sicily in the hopes that they are a young Doc and Simmo lineup?

• Gawn For A Quick Nank

February 12, 2018 at 11:35 pm

nah get in there buddy xo

February 12, 2018 at 11:36 pm

Sicily is a lock but I’m not sold on Burton atm. I’ve heard somewhere he’s due to play a little bit forward this season so watch his role in JLT.

February 12, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Burton will play halfback

• Jason

February 13, 2018 at 12:24 am

Coming from a hawks supporter, Burton will play mostly up forward. May spend some time down back, but he’ll spend most of his time in the front half.

• Lycra

February 14, 2018 at 12:52 am

why would you think that?

14. Gawn For A Quick Nank

February 12, 2018 at 11:43 pm

DEF: Laird, Witho, Hanley, Brayshaw, O’Shea, Doedee (Murray, Smith)
    MID: Titch, Kelly, Brouch, Rocky, Cogs, JOM, Dow, LDU (Freeman, Worpel)
    RUCK: Sauce, Gawn (Cameron, English)
    FWD: McLean, Robbo, Sicily, Rayner, Higgins, Ahern (Venables, Rioli)
    104k left so could trade Sauce for Kreuzer or Higgins for Christensen?
    pls help boys

February 12, 2018 at 11:58 pm

Not bad mate

• GGh

February 13, 2018 at 12:00 am

Brad Crouch to Zach Merrett

• PK

February 13, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Higgins to Christensen for sure

15. Bavan

February 12, 2018 at 11:54 pm

DEF – Laird Lloyd McGrath Coffield O’Shea Doedee (Murray, Mirra)
    MID – Titch Zerrett J.Kelly M.Crouch Rockliff Coniglio O’Meara T.Kelly (Freeman, Ahern)
    RK – Gawn Natanui
    FWD – Heeney Lobb Stringer Christensen Rayner Higgins (Rioli, Venebales)

Could you guys plz suggest ways to improve this team. Strong Mids IMO, Value FWD Line and hoping Natanui is fit come RD1 otherwise Ryder will come in. Finished in the top 600 last year, looking to improve on that ranking. Any feedback will be appreciated.

• Keller Keemstar

February 13, 2018 at 12:02 am

That is a great team, considering copying it for mine :D Strong Mids, and a lot of value

February 13, 2018 at 12:30 am

Gone too strong in the mid and too weak in the defence.

• Bavan

February 13, 2018 at 7:42 am

Should i go o’meara or coniglio down to a rook and O’Shea/Coffield to A.Brayshaw

February 13, 2018 at 8:42 am

Bad move brayshaw cant beat jom or cogs

• Bavan

February 13, 2018 at 10:20 am

How much do you think JOM, Cogs and Brayshaw will average

February 13, 2018 at 10:24 am

Gus 80
            Jom 95
            Cog 108

February 13, 2018 at 1:10 pm

I would go Cogs to a rook, and then get the best player you can from Coffield/170k def.

February 13, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Why cogs will belt the shit out of all defenders, coffeild as good as any rooks atm.

16. Dylan

February 13, 2018 at 12:06 am

What’s the hype with Mclean about? considering him for Billings upon hearing news of his injury. had Parker when he had no preseason last year so don’t want to start with Billings when He’ll miss the preseason games? is it worth holding on to him of ditching?

February 13, 2018 at 12:23 am

I’m getting rid of Billings, this injury will have a huge impact on his season preparation.

• andyjh

February 13, 2018 at 8:22 am

Mclean finished 2017 in great form. In his last 10 games he averaged 95.3 including scores of 127,107,106,102,100 & 93. He has only just turned 22 so he has heaps of upside. Given how limited our FWD premos are this year he is a pretty great option.

• Roger

February 13, 2018 at 10:34 am

Came out today Billngs is a very good chance for JLT games. I’m holding for now but have a plan if he does miss them.

February 13, 2018 at 1:11 pm

They said yesterday it’s almost certain he’ll miss JLT games mate. He’s out for 2 weeks and then he’ll be on a modified program.

• PK

February 13, 2018 at 2:02 pm

Hes running already. Very minor injury, will play JLT

17. Andrew Gaff

February 13, 2018 at 1:08 am

Hey all, hope everyone’s working hard and preparing well with their pre season teams. Thoughts on mine? Had a fairly vanilla side prior to a few changes and hopefully these PoDs are in my rd 1 team and pay off. Rookies obviously will change rd 1 depending on selections.

103k left in the bank
    DEF: Laird, Simmo, Witho, Angus Brayshaw, Doedee, Cumming (Murray, Mirra)
    MID: Titch (c), Zerrett, Rocky, Cogs, Blakely, JOM, Andy Brayshaw, LDU (Freeman, Barry)
    RUC: Gawn, Nic Nat (Cameron, Frampton)
    FWD: Heen, M.Robbo, Sicily, Lobb, Higgo, Ahern (Venables, W.Rioli)

• peterthomas25

February 13, 2018 at 10:32 am

With 3 170K rookies on field and Naitanui I’d drop Witherdan down to Coffield to allow for upgrades with the 103K you already have left. Besides that I like your team.

18. ass2mouthcabbage

February 13, 2018 at 1:24 am

Best DEF or FWD 661k or under

19. Cridz

February 13, 2018 at 2:56 am

Def: R.Laird, E.Yeo, K.Simpson, N.Coffield, C.O’Shea, T.Doedee, (D.Mirra, S.Murray)

Mid: T.Mitchell, Z.Merrett, T.Adams, M.Crouch, D.Beams, P.Dow, L.Davies-Uniacke, T.Kelly (J.Worpel, M.Poholke)

Ruc: P.Ryder, M.Gawn (S.Hayes, D.Cameron)

Fwd: J.Billings, I.Heeney, R.Lobb, J.Stephenson, J.Higgins, P.Ahern (D.Venables , W.Rioli)

Tried sticking to guns and rookies as midpricers have burnt me the last couple years.Not fully sold on Lobb, cant see him being solo ruck all year. Any other opinions would be great thanks!

• Roger

February 13, 2018 at 10:32 am

Structure looks good. Adams and Crouch are great selections.
      I had Lobb until yesterday as he has been on a modified pre-season. Just make sure you have cover for ryder’s bye in rd 10

20. Marc

February 13, 2018 at 8:13 am

What does everyone see these guys averaging?

Zerrett
    Kelly
    Cripps
    Coniglio
    Sicily
    McLean

February 13, 2018 at 9:19 am

Zerrett – 118
      Kelly – 118
      Cripps – 107
      Coniglio – 107
      Sicily – 100
      McLean -dunno have nto really looked at this bloke but a lot of people seem excited should i swap heeny to him?

• andyjh

February 13, 2018 at 9:23 am

Euman, on Mclean scroll up a little & read what i wrote

• Dan

February 13, 2018 at 9:40 am

Sshhh on McLean. Under 2% ownership, let’s keep it that way

• andyjh

February 13, 2018 at 10:28 am

Mclean is shit!!! He is in 2% of teams for a reason, because he is a dud! AVOID at all costs as he will burn you. Will probs only ave 65-70 this year as he has been earmarked for a key defensive post!

• Aaron

February 13, 2018 at 11:36 am

To be fair, Bevo sometimes played Bont as a ruckman so I wouldn’t put that past him

February 13, 2018 at 10:26 am

cheers

February 13, 2018 at 10:26 am

will his fantasy friendly role continue in 2018

• andyjh

February 13, 2018 at 10:54 am

• peterthomas25

February 13, 2018 at 10:38 am

Merrett 117
      Kelly 115
      Cripps 102
      Coniglio 106
      Sicily 88 (could push 95 without the possibility of being tagged)
      McLean 91

Got no evidence, just personal opinions.

21. Christopher

February 13, 2018 at 8:25 am

Lobb or O’Meara?

February 13, 2018 at 9:16 am

JOM for me see below – he played in intra club match and what i liked was he had no strapping also what i liked was he had 33 possessions. You may say who cares its an intra club match – but what it does tell me is this – he is not being managed as they allowed him to play long enough to get 33 possessions so he must be fully fit and ready to go as if not they would have only let him play limited time

22. Euman

February 13, 2018 at 9:12 am

TEAM NAME: Eumans Premiership Tigers 2018. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,598,000 (100%), Remaining: $2,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,238,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2100, Site Expected Total: 2098
    Def: R.Laird (102), J.Sicily (90), P.Hanley (88), A.Brayshaw (87), C.O’Shea (65), L.Keeffe (52) (S.Murray (55), T.Doedee (57))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), T.Adams (116), J.Kelly (116), D.Beams (112), T.Rockliff (114), J.O’Meara (89), A.Brayshaw (70), L.Davies-Uniacke (68) (H.Wigg (64), N.Freeman (60))
    Ruc: T.Nankervis (98), M.Gawn (100) (S.Draper (45), D.Cameron (51))
    Fwd: J.Billings (100), I.Heeney (98), J.Stringer (81), A.Christensen (78), C.Rayner (68), P.Ahern (58) (D.Venables (55), W.Rioli (55))

February 13, 2018 at 12:57 pm

No jack higgans mate

February 13, 2018 at 1:12 pm

WONT PLAY BUT IF HE DOES THEN MAYBE BUT NOT GOOD JS

February 13, 2018 at 1:21 pm

Only cause u think richmond fwd line is gold, which is far from the case

• The Janitor

February 13, 2018 at 1:29 pm

I think you will have to fight this bloke, Euman.

February 13, 2018 at 1:37 pm

Truth hurts hey , higgins is a jet

February 13, 2018 at 1:41 pm

nice one Ben you are not helping. And no i believe Higgins is probably a better player than Castangna and Butler but he wont get a game round 1. Too many others in line

February 13, 2018 at 1:47 pm

Hes got the bigest calf muscles at richmond and hes only a kid
            Ben the janitor hey u will have to clean ur own spew off the floor wen he gets named round 1

• The Janitor

February 13, 2018 at 1:49 pm

Lucky I will have the mop handy!

February 13, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Awsome banta

23. Frank

February 13, 2018 at 9:17 am

So pretty happy with this team, just want to know people’s thoughts?

DEF: Laird, McDonald, Sicily, Brayshaw, Coffield, Doedee, (Murray, Mirra)
    MID: Titch, B Crouch, Rocky, Coniglio, Blakely, JOM, Brayshaw, LDU, (Freeman, Ahern)
    RUCK: Gawn, Bellchambers, (Frampton, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, D Smith, Walters, Robinson, Higgins, Venables, (Rioli, Keeffe)

Back is pretty standard with a POD in McDonald.

Risky in the mid, but I banking on Blakely getting that half-back role and getting DPP in round 6.

Bellchambers may go down to Sandi to free up some cash.

Gone full mid-priced mayhem in the fwd line due to limited premium options. Worried about the modified preseasons Heeney and now Billings are on.

24. Smart Footy

February 13, 2018 at 9:59 am

Prestia v JOM

and

Rockliff v M Crouch

• peterthomas25

February 13, 2018 at 10:42 am

JOM Rocky

February 13, 2018 at 10:47 am

+1 the thing i took out of JOMs intra club game was tht it appears he is not being managed so they think he is fully fit, they allowed him to play enough game time to amass 33 possessions. Now the possessions by them self are nothing as intra club but its fact he played long enough to do that and they let him

February 13, 2018 at 1:15 pm

Prestia and Rocky.

25. Mattinsk

February 13, 2018 at 10:00 am

Never posted in here before but have been half heartedly playing DT for a a few years now. Tell me your thoughts on my team.

DEFENDERS
    R.Laird, M.Hibberd, J.Sicily, P.Hanley, N.Coffield, C.O’Shea (H. Goddard, S.Murray)

MIDFIELDERS
    P.Dangerfield, Z.Merrett, J.Kelly, P.Cripps, C. Blakely, J.Graham, J.O’meara, A.Brayshaw (H.Wigg, D.Barry)

RUCK
    M.Gawn, N.Naitanui (T.English, D.Cameron)

FORWARD
    B.Acres, L.Breust, R.Lobb, A.Christensen, C.Rayner, J.Higgins (W.Rioli, L.Keeffe)

Would really appreciate some feedback

• cal

February 13, 2018 at 10:31 am

Change Bruest/Acres/Graham for placers such as Smith/Brayshaw(via Sicily) & Armitage for example. Those 3 aren’t fantasy relevant. Great team otherwise.

February 13, 2018 at 10:57 am

looks good
      DEF – good picks nice spread of top gun to some blokes at value and rookies who should play or can be swapped without over exposing yourself with rooks on field

MID – Not a lot of cash generation there, as mad tiger i cant see Graham improving much on his 83 odd points per game while slight discount its not like JOM, remember in each of Jacks games H&A i think he kicked 2 goals and in GF was 3 it dont mean he will do that each week, and now will be given a little more attention so if he dont kick 2-3 each week his 80-85 become 68-73 – just IMO but did have him in my team shortly

Ruck – Nat is trap IMO even if plays will be 2nd ruck and managed and probably looking at 65-75 for experiment to work i think you need 80 plus, and chance of him not travelling

FWDS- lacking one definite gun here i think and Higgins wont play swap to Ahern or similar (Pocket $58k)

Agree with Cal, and honestly Graham to LUD gives you $186k + $58k above (plus whatever you have in bank) you can at minimum afford – Nat to a $671k ruck minimum, so Witts is like $650k – note if you can find another 29k you could have Kruzer but is a lot for a ruck.

• Mattinsk

February 13, 2018 at 10:22 pm

Cheers guys, great advice!

26. Owen

February 13, 2018 at 10:35 am

Hurley/McLean or
    Withers/Barlow

• peterthomas25

February 13, 2018 at 10:40 am

Hurley McLean.

But keep watch on Hurley’s recent wrist injury.

27. Defenders

February 13, 2018 at 10:48 am

Hibberd and Johannison

or

Simpson and Angus Brayshaw

• peterthomas25

February 13, 2018 at 11:00 am

How about Hibberd and Brayshaw.

February 13, 2018 at 1:15 pm

Simpson and Gus.

28. Loo

February 13, 2018 at 11:12 am

Def – Laird, Scharenberg, McGrath, Hibberd (NM), J.Smith, Doedee (Keefe, Murphy)

Mids – Titch, Zerrett, Adams, Kelly, Rocky, Fyfe, Armitage, LDU (Brayshaw, Freeman, Powell)

Rucks – Kreuzer, Gawn (Darcy)

Fwds – Heeney, McLean, Robinson, Gallucci, Setterfield, Rioli (Ahern, McCartin)

$42,800 left

• Loo

February 13, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Sorry, bench ruck *Darcy Cameron

29. Harley

February 13, 2018 at 11:24 am

How are we looking here boys? Would be stoked with any feedback.

DEF: Laird, Simpson, Sicily, Mcgrath, Doedee, Murray (Keefe, Mirra)
    MID: Titch, Kelly, Fyfe, Jelwood, Cripps, Barlow, Dow, LDU (Ahern, Kelly, Holman)
    RUC: Sauce, Gawn (Cameron)
    FOR: Heeney, Dahlhaus, Walters, Christensen, Setterfield, Higgins (Venables, Garlett)

February 13, 2018 at 12:57 pm

LOOKS GOOD – CASH LEFT?

30. Euman

February 13, 2018 at 11:28 am

so should JOM be M5 or M6?

• andyjh

February 13, 2018 at 11:41 am

M6

February 13, 2018 at 12:03 pm

cheers

February 13, 2018 at 1:16 pm

No real answer tbh, depends how good your other lines are looking.

31. Tom

February 13, 2018 at 11:29 am

Billing’s was running at training today, not at top speed though. Sounds minor, may still be a worthy starting option

32. Garyyyy

February 13, 2018 at 11:49 am

McLean or Lukey Dahl at F2??

33. Cat Attack

February 13, 2018 at 11:53 am

Andy McGrath or Angus Brayshaw??

February 13, 2018 at 12:34 pm

tough im on Brashaw is cheaper and i dont trust Bombers atm too many new faces and not sure on who plays where, stringer, smith etc. Note they lack a big bodied mid fielder and McGrath is not it. Not saying he wont get mid time but will it be enough to raise his avg to say 90-95 which is really what you are looking for. Brayshaw same i guess but is slightly cheaper and by all accounts if he continues like finished then 85 is fair and should not lose money

34. Lochie

February 13, 2018 at 12:05 pm

Thoughts on this? I know there are some pretty ballsy picks, maybe 1 or two which are too ballsy, but willing to answer any queries which are given on the team.

DEF: Simmo, Crisp, McDonald, Coffield, O’Brien, Mirra (Doedee, Keeffe)
    MID: Titch, Treloar, Sidey, Beams, Rocky, JOM, LDU, Kely (Barry, Freeman)
    RUC: McEvoy, Gawn (McI, Cameron)
    FWD: Billings (for now), McLean, Parish, Christensen, Higgins, Ahern (Venables, Rioli)

52k in the bank also to play with

February 13, 2018 at 12:15 pm

Cant have simmo d1 surely

February 13, 2018 at 1:17 pm

There are only 2 defenders who will play who are more expensive then Simmo so I don’t see the issue.

• andyjh

February 13, 2018 at 12:20 pm

i rate it 73/100 – pretty good

• Gawn For A Quick Nank

February 13, 2018 at 3:56 pm

good

35. Matt

February 13, 2018 at 12:24 pm

Best option for M5?
    Beams, Coniglio or Blakely?

February 13, 2018 at 12:28 pm

• Gawn For A Quick Nank

February 13, 2018 at 12:45 pm

yeah cogs xo

February 13, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Blakely.

February 13, 2018 at 1:25 pm

Dont forget they’ve got wilson aswell

February 13, 2018 at 2:04 pm

I’m aware. Blakely is not a similar player to Wilson, so even if he does have that half back role, it will be the same as last year. Blakely has the ability to score in the middle and down back.

February 13, 2018 at 3:46 pm

Beams will monster it

36. Nick

February 13, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Too risky to go all 3 of Rocky, B.Crouch and JOM?

February 13, 2018 at 12:59 pm

PROBABLY BUT WHEN I LOOK AT MY TEAM HALF HAVE BEEN INJURED IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS LOL GO FOR IT – BTW CAN YOU HEAR ME WILL I TURN IT UP?

37. Brown

February 13, 2018 at 12:59 pm

Hey Lads, any suggestions on the current team much appreciated!
    Should probably free up some more cash but open to ideas!

Remaining 2k

Def: Laird, Lloyd, Crisp, Hanley, Murray, Doedee (O’Riordan, Smith)
    Mid: Gibbs, Crouch, Beams, Rocky, Coniglio, O’Meara, Coffield, LDU (Ahern, Freeman)
    Ruck: Gawn, NicNat (Jones, Cameron)
    Fwd: Barlow, Heeney, Robinson, Lobb, Rayner, Rioli (Venables, Keeffe)

Looking to grab Titch around round 5/6, hoping on a price drop!

• Brown

February 13, 2018 at 1:01 pm

M Crouch ^

38. Gawn For A Quick Nank

February 13, 2018 at 1:07 pm

DEF: Laird, Witherden, Hanley, Brayshaw, O’Shea, Coffield (Murray, Smith)

MID: Titch, Merrett, Kelly, Rockliff, Coniglio, JOM, Dow, LDU (Worpel, Freeman)

RUCK: Sauce, Gawn (English, Cameron)

FWD: McLean, Robbo, Sicily, Rayner, Higgins, Ahern (Rioli, Venables)
    5k left

Would be awesome if someone could give my team a line-by-line analysis xx will do the same on your team

• Frank

February 13, 2018 at 1:28 pm

Defence is pretty good. Rookies are strong and Witherden is a really good unique pick. Don’t know how Hanley will do. I’ve had him in and out, but if he gets a significant amount of mid time I reckon he will average 90-95. Just worried about his round 10 bye.

Can’t fault the mid at all.

Rucks are strong and probably one of the best combinations in that line. I’ve gone a bit more cheaper with my R2 to save money, but your’s is much safer.

Love the McLean and Sicily pick. Both will average 90-100 in my opinion. Robb will be similar. Don’t know if Higgins will play, but if he does he is a good starter.

• Gawn For A Quick Nank

February 13, 2018 at 1:34 pm

on ya frank x

February 13, 2018 at 2:00 pm

ok is just IMO – overall good team nice spread

DEF – can see 3 keepers maybe 4 if Brayshaw gets up but is stepping stone, you have ensured with your structure that your 2 on field rookies will play.

MID – no issues here the first 4 are big guns and Cogs should improve. JOM intrigues me had him in my team see above but it left me light on for rookies and cash generation so changed see my team below as you said you would look at it.

Ruck – solid as the guy said possibly top 2 come year end.

FWD – Last week would of said D1 McLean is no good but given none of others sound like they are 100% fit then im on board and has allowed you to go deeper in each line. Except when i get to Higgins i dont think he will play but could swap for anyone including Bennel if gets up.

One thought is swap Murray or Smith in DEF for Keeffe (all reports says he should play) – this gives you the link from forward with Sicily in case

Otherwise i would not change it trust your instinct i can see reasons for each one selected

• Lochie

February 13, 2018 at 2:04 pm

DEF: Pretty strong, watch Witho with Hodge, Hodge could take that rebounding running half back role. Dew said Hanley will have some midfield time which should boost his score to around 85-90 hopefully so he’s a good POD. O’Shea i personally don’t like. last two seasons at Port averaged under 60 and being 198cm i see him being a KPP.

MID: No wokkas with that, looks very nice

RUC: Looks very nice

FWD: Sicily is more value as a defender as around at that price there are better players in the forward line. I would send sicily to def then get a 550k-600k forward but then the rest of your forward line looks sexy

• andyjh

February 13, 2018 at 2:06 pm

You’ve strengthened your side from yesterday. Looks like you have gone Doe > Coffield & Brouch > Merret. Both good moves..

February 13, 2018 at 3:47 pm

wheres the review of my team you promised?

• Gawn For A Quick Nank

February 13, 2018 at 3:54 pm

die scum

39. Frank

February 13, 2018 at 1:58 pm

So pretty happy with this team, just want to know people’s thoughts?

DEF: Laird, McDonald, Sicily, Brayshaw, Coffield, Doedee, (Murray, Mirra)
    RUCK: Gawn, Bellchambers, (Frampton, Cameron)
    FWD: McLean, D Smith, Walters, Robinson, Higgins, Venables, (Rioli, Keeffe)

Back is pretty standard with a POD in McDonald.

Bellchambers may go down to Sandi to free up some cash.

40. Euman

February 13, 2018 at 2:01 pm

OK Gawn for a Nank as promised above please review. Note had JOM but wanted more cash generation and it allows me better rookeis in each line thoughts? Can compare to my other team above.

TEAM NAME: Eumans Premiership Tigers 2018. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,556,000 (99.7%), Remaining: $44,000 (0.3%) On Ground: $11,196,000 (88.9%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2101, Site Expected Total: 2095
    Def: R.Laird (102), J.Sicily (90), P.Hanley (88), A.Brayshaw (87), L.O’Brien (63), I.Cumming (57) (T.Doedee (57), J.Smith (57))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), T.Adams (116), J.Kelly (116), D.Beams (113), T.Rockliff (115), J.O’Meara (89), A.Brayshaw (70), L.Davies-Uniacke (69) (N.Freeman (60), H.Wigg (64))
    Ruc: T.Nankervis (98), M.Gawn (100) (S.Draper (45), D.Cameron (51))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (99), T.McLean (94), J.Stringer (81), A.Christensen (78), C.Rayner (68), P.Ahern (58) (D.Venables (55), L.Keeffe (52))

February 13, 2018 at 2:04 pm