My Team

My Team 2016 – Round 9

Discuss your round nine trades and thoughts in My Team. Get involved in the DT Talk community to discuss trades, captains and everything to do with your team in My Team!

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Name it up if it’s for RDT or Fantasy as that can make a difference with what you should do. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there and in the works!

moneyball_620

SYD1598.754.51.251548.252.750.625
WB1759.755.1251.1251515.6252.250.125
WC1590.3752.750.62515603.8750.75

1. Chud

May 20, 2016 at 4:32 am

Trade Barlow or Wells?

Wells looks to be back in next week with Kangas saying theyre being overly cautious. But its that Achilles from last year…

I’d hate to trade Barlow and he’s named next week but it’s concerning that 39 disposals didn’t help his cause this week

Thoughts? One needs to go.

• CrozaN.

May 20, 2016 at 8:38 am

I have a weird feeling Barlow will be a late in.

Is named as an emg, wasn’t named in the WAFL side, bad weather could force a few of the talls out. I don’t know but i dont think they would have named him as an EMG if they weren’t planning on bringing him in.

Praying he comes in tho to save me a 0.

2. Evan

Evan

May 20, 2016 at 7:02 am

Zorko or Nroo?

• CrozaN.

May 20, 2016 at 8:39 am

I prefer Zorko, but can’t go wrong with either.

• Simon

May 20, 2016 at 9:35 am

I would say you couldn’t go wrong with a fallen premo (Montagna or Martin) or one on the way up (Buddy or Walters), but buying someone at top dollar can only really go one way for you.

Is the guaranteed $100k extra going to guarantee you the extra 20pts a week that it costs? If the answer’s “no”, there are probably better options.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

3. danger

May 20, 2016 at 7:26 am

Who would be better pick for value.

Hopper
    Mathieson

I know mathieson is cheaper but just thinking better pick, will have to be my M8 for awhile

• crisis

May 20, 2016 at 8:54 am

Hopper. Will score more and hopefully increase enough to be a stepping stone post byes

4. Corey

May 20, 2016 at 8:07 am

Trade Ablett to Lewis & Wells to Monty leaving a 0 in defence with $101k for next week

OR

Wells to Monty and Adams to Leslie with $268k next week and only 4 mid premos on field

5. hello

May 20, 2016 at 8:48 am

Mcrouch and barlow to dusty and simpson

Or

Mcrouch and wells to dusty and mathieson?

1 or 2?
    Thoughts

• crisis

May 20, 2016 at 9:55 am

dusty and simpson much better to own for obvious reasons

if Mathieson is going to be on your field then I’d go with 1 – also depends who you have as cover for wells

I brought in both dusty and simpson last week (for wells and fantasia)

6. Crisis

May 20, 2016 at 9:01 am

So I’m thinking:

M crouch to hopper
    And
    Ablett to Viney (Can afford up to $580k). Already have danger and hanners. Any standouts instead of viney? Considering pendles as well.

Jack Steven too, even though his price likely to fall again

Cheers

• hello

May 20, 2016 at 9:11 am

Yeah good trades.

Advice on mine above

• SpagBol

May 20, 2016 at 9:23 am

You just missed out on Treloar (by 4k) would be a great POD..

• Crisis

May 20, 2016 at 9:29 am

So you think treloar is worth spending the extra $ over a pendles?

7. Adam

May 20, 2016 at 9:40 am

Should I trade Gazza or Rocky this week?

• Adam

May 20, 2016 at 9:44 am

I could do Ablett to Gibbs/Viney or Rockliff to Sloane/Lewis

• CapnOblivious

May 20, 2016 at 11:13 am

Rocky’s coming along nicely and Gaz was only out with concussion so they “should” be back next week (I wouldn’t bank on anything after this week though). So if you want to trade one, I’d probably go with Ablett to a premium rather than the slightly more risky Lewis/Sloane. I wouldn’t trade either but that’s mostly because of the other carnage in my team.

8. Sidney

May 20, 2016 at 9:40 am

Trade Wells or Rocky?

9. Cam

May 20, 2016 at 9:47 am

Wells – Trengove (Tippa DPP)
    Ablett – Treloar
    Or
    Berger – Goldy
    Ablett – Trengove/Hopper

10. hello

May 20, 2016 at 9:53 am

Mcrouch and barlow to dusty and simpson

Or

Mcrouch and wells to dusty and mathieson?

Thoughts?

11. Will

May 20, 2016 at 10:02 am

Have Boyd, Laird, Ablett, Rocky, Hall, Wells, Barlow, Crouch and Ruggles all sitting out with $2k in the bank. I can get away with trading Crouch and Ruggles to Dusty and Mohr using all my money. Is it worth it or do i just trade a premium instead. Feel like my trades are better for the long run, thoughts?

• Simon

May 20, 2016 at 10:32 am

Dusty’s a good trade, not sold on Mohr tho. Could you go Wells and Crouch to Mathieson and Marin instead? I have a sneaky feeling Wells will be out for a while still… time to cut the bad fruit (Crouch Bros) off the tree, so good call there!

12. Confused

May 20, 2016 at 10:06 am

Do I upgrade McCarthy to Walters or double downgrade which leaves me with $400K but Menadue on ground? Do care about ranking.

The downgrade would be Matt Crouch to Macpherson and Clay Cameron to Leslie?

• Simon

May 20, 2016 at 10:33 am

The Cameron to Leslie is a waste to me. Go McCarthy to Walters instead.

• Broo

May 20, 2016 at 11:00 am

Leslie likely to be a late out. Has rolled his ankle at training

13. gambler

gambler

May 20, 2016 at 10:36 am

Hanners or Danger captain?

Hanners more reliable overall but Danger is hot at the moment. Surely he carves up the pies.

Thoughts?

• Broo

May 20, 2016 at 10:59 am

Yeah I’m bringing in danger this week and possibly chucking the big C on him. He’s just consistently going 110+

gambler

May 20, 2016 at 11:00 am

One of the few players in the league who can’t be stopped when he’s on his game.

• Simon

May 20, 2016 at 11:08 am

Who have the Maggies got that could stop him anyway? Will carve the sh!t out of them, unless he decides to get lazy.

gambler

May 20, 2016 at 11:14 am

Greenwood tagged Murphy 2 weeks ago, might run with him. Won’t bother him though.

14. Broo

May 20, 2016 at 11:04 am

I heard Zerret hobbled off at training a couple days ago with a calf complaint. I believe this was minor and should still definitely play, but has anything else been heard on this? Tossing up whether to put the C on him or Dangerfield

Deztroyer

May 20, 2016 at 11:18 am

was thinking about bringing him in too this week. do you have source?

• Broo

May 20, 2016 at 11:30 am

It’s on the @DTTalk twitter

• Callum

May 20, 2016 at 11:33 am

Should be fine. No worries. Chuck the C on him.

15. subdub

May 20, 2016 at 11:17 am

Best forward option between Walters, Franklin, Waite & Dahlhaus? Would prefer Zorko or Montagna but not enough cash this week.

• Black Thunda

May 20, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Walters this week in terms of form, Dahlhaus in the long run. Personally I’d go dahlhaus as he’d be consistent and possible top 6 forward

16. Deztroyer

Deztroyer

May 20, 2016 at 11:18 am

who to get in:

montagna, walters, buddy, zerret?

• Callum

May 20, 2016 at 11:31 am

Monty for value.
      Walters for a big risk, Buddy for a little risk.
      Zerrett for the safe scores.

If you have the $$ I’d go Zerrett. For value ‘d go Monty.

• CapnOblivious

May 20, 2016 at 11:33 am

I like Monty for his price, scoring ability and his upcoming games. The rest have considerable upside (especially Walters if he maintains his role) so all should serve you well.

17. CapnOblivious

May 20, 2016 at 11:28 am

My outs are Wells, Barlow, Gaz, Rocky, Laird, Ruggles, Hall and McCarthy.

Are my highest priorities Wells and Barlow? Wells should be out for 2 and realistically would have needed to be upgraded at some point. Barlow seems to be out of favor at the moment but could come back and unlike Gaz and Rocky for instance, is uninjured. thanks guys.

• Broo

May 20, 2016 at 11:33 am

Barlow should hopefully be back next week, I am keeping him. Also not named in the WAFL, potential rain over here in Perth on the weekend, could be called up to play if Freo feel they need to go smaller.

• CapnOblivious

May 20, 2016 at 11:52 am

Thanks for that, him not being named in the 2nd’s gives me some hope he’ll be back sooner rather than later. I might still trade him out but trading McCarthy down to Mathieson or trading Gaz in Barlow’s place looks more enticing.

18. Agents of S.H.I.E.L

May 20, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Currently have four 0s on the field (2 after trades). What I do with my trades will be shaped by potential late changes. Which two are most likely to be late call-ups out of Barlow, Ruggles and Howe (I’ll know Howe’s fate before lockout but I want to make some trades now in case I can’t get to it later)?

Barlow isn’t named for the Peel and there’s speculation that he might come in for a tall due to the weather.
    Lonergan is named for the Cats despite being taken out of last week’s game due to concussion. Might be replaced by Ruggles.
    Hawks are a great source of late changes and apparently Birchall is carrying an injury.

Fooz

May 20, 2016 at 3:30 pm

I hope Ruggles plays.

Fooz

May 20, 2016 at 3:30 pm

I know Geelong is rotating their backlines, but Why did ruggles get dropped after only 1 game back…? Anyone?

19. Ben

May 20, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Which of S. Gray or M. Crouch should get the boot?

• Mouthyy

May 20, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Gray

20. PMac

May 20, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Bartel & Petracca/Mathieson

or

Mullett & Treloar/Anypremo

Fooz

May 20, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Go the guys with DPP as Roy would say.

• Callum

May 20, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Mullett and Treloar! Are you kidding me? Mullett and Treloar any day of the week! if not Mullett, go Mohr or someone! There’s no contest!

21. PMac

May 20, 2016 at 1:50 pm

DEF: Shaw, Vince, Simpson, HOULI, Dea, Hartley ( Ruggles, Lee )
    MID: GAZ, Danger, Hanners, Steven, Hunter, Zaha, MCROUCH, Macpherson ( Smith, Blakely )
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn ( Cox, Currie )
    FWD: Zerrett, Dusty, Kerridge, Davis, Hewett, McGovern ( Hall, Sumner )

Should I downgrade Houli > Mullett and do Crouch up to treloar or any premo
    or Houli > Bartel & Crouch to either hopper or Petracca ?

• Black Thunda

May 20, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Option 1

• Brad

May 20, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Id go 1 mate. Grab a top 8 mid (Pendles, Danger etc.)

22. woodside_warrior

May 20, 2016 at 2:02 pm

MCrouch and Wells > K Collins and Montagna

Solid or are Brand/Mohr better options?

23. Brad

May 20, 2016 at 2:04 pm

hey dudes,
    Who should I trade out between Menadue or McCarthy?

McCarth a better player and should be bck next week (Probs make some more $$)
    While Mena is playing this week on bench and has DPP status …..

• PMac

May 20, 2016 at 2:10 pm

trade mena. help above please

• Black Thunda

May 20, 2016 at 2:23 pm

McCarthy’s BE at 68, whereas Mena at 40 odd if that makes a difference. I’d still go Mena before he loses more, and doesn’t score much anyway

24. Gary

May 20, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Who is a good replacement for Hall?

• PMac

May 20, 2016 at 2:15 pm

hold hall only out this week

• woodside_warrior

May 20, 2016 at 2:27 pm

I’d hold Hall, but if you must trade him out I’d go Montagna.

25. Stuart

Stuart

May 20, 2016 at 2:56 pm

DEF: Shaw, Mills, Walla, DBJ, Wagner, Harwood (Hartley, Ruggles)
    MID: Hanners, Danger, T.Adams, Titchell, Duncan, J.Smith, Gresham, Macpherson (Rocky, Gaz)
    RUCK: Martin, Sauce (Currie, Gorringe)
    FWD: Zerrett, Dusty, Walters, Kerridge, Menadue, Cox (Hall, Wells)

Went McCarthy>Gorringe (for dpp with Cox) & M.Crouch>Danger
    Have $126k in the bank

Thoughts anyone?

Fooz

May 20, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Is that $126K before or after trade?

Stuart

May 20, 2016 at 6:19 pm

after

26. Fooz

Fooz

May 20, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Sorry for the repost

Def: Docherty, Kelly, Mills, Wagner, Ruggles, Hartley (MAdams, Cowan)
    Mid: Titchell, Danger, Parker, Ablett, BEllis, Duncan, (Willis, Wells)
    Ruck: Gawn, Jacobs (Currie, Cox)
    Fwd: Hall, Franklin, DMartin, Kerridge, Walla, S Gray (Kommer, McCarthy)

fielded one doughnut last week – no choice (S Gray).

This week will have at least one.

Can I please get a thought on options below.

1) Gaz + Wells > Shaw + Petracca + $47K = 2 likely doughnuts
    2) Gaz + Wells > Shaw + MacPherson + $155K = 3 likely doughnuts + cash
    3) Gaz + Wells > Shaw + Mathieson + $177 K = 3 likely doughnuts + more cash

thoughts?

27. Tex

May 20, 2016 at 3:29 pm

With Leslie now out, I’m looking at Kieran Collins from the Bulldogs as my DEF downgrade – any thoughts/background on him?

28. Tom

May 20, 2016 at 3:56 pm

2 to trade out of:
    ABlett
    Fantasia
    Wells.
    If i don’t trade wells, cox is backup.

29. Adz

May 20, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Play Mohr or Hartley?

30. Daniel Traino

May 20, 2016 at 4:49 pm

My team AFL FANTASY 130k
    Def
    Houli shaw laird mills fantasia dbj (ruggles, byrne.
    Mid
    Hanners ablett duncan sidebottom hunter mcrouch  rocky menadue (hewett sumner)
    Ruck
    Gawn martin (currie cox)
    Forwards martin dahlhaus kerridge hall petracca macarthy (McGovern crocker).

How do I improve this team.
    Im stuck please help anyone????
    Im only averaging 1800 that’s pretty shit.
    Advice please .

Fantasia Rocky  mcrouch menadue houli all killing me. What 2 trades do i do this week.
    Ablett is finished also.

Please help

• Oldmate78

May 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm

get macpherson in- break even is low, youll make money, probably for crouch or menadue.

I’d then upgrade fanatsia, he will start losing you money. Houli though injured for ages, won’tlose you money at the moment. Id look at Vince or Simpson.

• Daniel Traino

May 20, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Thanks mate i went simpson for houli and Macpherson for crouch.
        Next week ill upgrade fantasia. I have 300k now. Hopefully rocky ablett hall and laird will be back.

31. Stewy

May 20, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Do I trade Mills or Ruggles???

32. cricketmad787

May 20, 2016 at 6:08 pm

In a bit of a pickle here. Anyone got any trade ideas for me?

DEF: Shaw,Vince,Fantasia,Mills,DBJ,Byrne (Cameron*,Ruggles*)
    MID: Hannebery,Neale,Coniglio,Titch,Hunter,Keays,Davis,Blakely (Rockliff*,GAJ*)
    RUC: Gawn,Martin (Currie,Frost*)
    FWD: Merrett,Kerridge,Benken,Tippa,Sumner,Wells* (Hall*,McCarthy)

$171k in the bank

Cheers!

• Lachie Neale

May 20, 2016 at 6:14 pm

McCarthy to MCPherson/Mathieson solid first trade imo.

Fantasia to Dr T or Simmo or Cameron to whoever you can afford for a 2nd.

• Crisis

OR
    Option B- treloar and mathieson with $170k left
    OR
    Option C- viney and mathieson with $210k left

34. ALEXO

May 20, 2016 at 6:45 pm

DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Lonergan, Dea, Mills, Tipungwuiti (Hartley, Broad)
    MID: Parker, Danger, Merrett, Viney, Barlow, Wells, Smith, Macpherson (Weller, Davis)
    RUC: Goldy, Naitanui (Currie, Frost)
    FWD: Hall, Franklin, Kerridge,Stringer, Brown, Adams (Hewett, Kommer)

304,000 in bank

Can someone please help 1 hour before deadline… i was thinking going…
    1. Brown>Lewis (via Wells)
    2. Hall > Walters

Cheers

• Wathdog

May 20, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Don’t know why you’re still keeping Lonergan. Is no one aware that Hall is not selected to play due to shoulder complications and failing the fitness test? Defence is good, A few of your midfielders are better off in the forward, rucks are decent, forward is okay (other than Stringer who is sometimes inconsistent and Adams isn’t playing either and probably won’t any time soon)

• ALEXO

May 20, 2016 at 7:17 pm

okay my new trades are Wells>Dusty and Barlow>Lewis

do u think this is better

if not can u give me ur opinion

35. Wathdog

May 20, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Final thoughts on this team? Not thinking about any trades though, quite glad that I have a fully fit 22 for my team despite most other coaches being unable to do the similar.
    DEF: Shaw, Dea, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Harwood, Byrne, Wagner [Boyd, Ruggles]
    MID: Dangerfield(C), S.Mitchell, T.Mitchell, Hunter, Lewis, Duncan, B.Kennedy, MacPherson [Davis, Hewett]
    RUC: Gawn, S.Martin [Cox, Currie]
    FWD: Z.Merrett, D.Martin, Franklin, Kerridge, Petracca, McGovern [Hall, McCarthy]

I have $50,000 left in the bank, just in case anything goes wrong for Round 10.

• Wathdog

May 20, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Also, my final trades are;
      Franklin IN, Wells OUT