Bye Planner – with added fixture planning
Updated Bye Planner spreadsheeet with added features. Plus analysis of which teams have best draws during bye period.
Here is updated Bye Planner. New features are:
- Average scores and game count updated to include R6,
- Top table is colour coded as well for each bye as requested on twitter by @Schulzy16,
- Watchlist table added at the bottom so can put in data for the players you are thinking about trading in.
- Projections added for which players / teams are playing teams which concede more or less points than average.
Below is a table ranking various teams based on how many points per game they have scored or conceded on average up to round 6.
Essendon has scored most points and hundreds, and Brisbane has conceded the most points and 100s.
The next table uses this information so see who has the best draw during the bye period. The percentage indicates whether they are playing a team likely to concede more or less points than the average team.
Western Bulldogs are playing a string of teams likely to concede the most points. However next come all the green teams (the highest scoring teams) who happen to all be playing a string of teams likely to concede a lot of points. This should be good news and coaches should back in their players from these teams.
Here is link to Bye Planner file
The Bye Planner is is an MS Excel 2007 spreadsheet. It will run on recent versions of MS Excel installed on a Windows PC.
The Bye Planner is for AFL Fantasy, but it will work for Real Dream Team as they use the same scoring (I think). Supercoaches might find it slightly useful to keep track of byes but all the scoring will be wrong.
If you find any issues please make comments below or tweet to me @NixTrader.
Many thanks to Matt @neilsatis for giving me his typed up AFL Fixture that this spreadsheet uses.
How to use it:
- Downloaded the file and save it to your hard drive. Then open the file in MS Excel 2007 or later.
- Make changes in the Green cells to put in your own players.
- In the Bye rounds section – use the green drop down box to adjust for players who are not available.
- Make notes in the bottom section about your strategy for the bye rounds – who you will trade in or out and what impact that will have on your scores.
- You can copy all the green section blocks to the updated file, so you will not have to start again in an updated version.
- This is not an app. There will never be an app for any platform.
- This file will not run on iPad or any other tablets.
- Many apps or pieces of software that claim to open Excel files do not support all the Excel formulas including lookup formulas – so they probably will not fully support this file.
- Even MS online excel on OneDrive (cloud) may not support all the formulas.
- There will not be a Supercoach version.