My Team

My Team 2014: Version 4.3

It is well and truly the business end of our AFL Fantasy pre-season. Over 1000 comments filled the last version of My Team so here’s another to keep the discussion going! As you make your decisions, chat about it in the comments.

myteamv30articleSo over 1000 comments on the last post means we are definitely getting towards the business end of AFL Fantasy pre-season. We have version 4.2 of the My Team post to get your AFL Fantasy and Dream Team discussions going.

We recommend you use the Drawing Board to make your mock AFL Fantasy and AFL Dream Team teams (there is a difference). Please indicate which competition the team you’re posting is for to avoid confusion.

Make sure you head on over to www.dtlive.com.au to put together your 2014 AFL Fantasy squad using all of the official prices and positions. Chad has been working hard to make this great resource for all AFL Fantasy fans to enjoy. It’s free and easy to sign up and you are able to copy and paste your team for the comments here on the site.

Please be constructive in the comments. Feel free to discuss any players, positions or any other thoughts about AFL Fantasy for 2014!

For older My Team entries, click here.

1,105 Comments

1,105 Comments

1. Brany

March 9, 2014 at 8:32 pm

AFL Fantasy Elite League live Draft tomorrow night 7pm ADEST. Code is VDLRJCXU. Limeted to the first 15 people!!!

• Brany

March 9, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Sorry, it furs out you can’y copy/paste code. Actual code is 57JDMN2M

2. Ravin

March 9, 2014 at 8:33 pm

AFL FANTASY

DEF: Mitchell, Enright, Simpson, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald ( Langdon, Georgiou)

Mid: Swan, Ablett, Rockliff, Cotchin, Beams, Tyson, Michie, Polec ( Ellis, Wanganeen)

Ruc: Mcevoy, Sandilands ( Currie, Thurlow)

Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Parker, Gunston, Caddy, Higgins ( Rohan, Kerstern)

6.2k in the bank.

Can I please have your opinion?

• Sean

March 9, 2014 at 8:34 pm

You team is good, just not sold on caddy, better getting higgins who had a solid return

VDLRJCXU to join

• Brany

March 9, 2014 at 8:35 pm

You need to not copy and past it of the website, it doesn’t work!!! See my comment above.

• Brany

March 9, 2014 at 8:35 pm

That is a really solid team, looks like my team a bit.

• Albert Lloyd

March 9, 2014 at 8:55 pm

This is the epitome of a cookie cutter team.

Get some PODs in there mate!

3. Sean

March 9, 2014 at 8:46 pm

VDLRJCXU to join my leauge, 3 spots are left

4. Heater

March 9, 2014 at 8:55 pm

AFL Fantasy

DEF: Mitchell, Hodge, Enright, Hibberd, Suckling, McDonald (Georgiou,Laidler)

MID: Swan, Rockliff, Cotchin, Beams, Savage, Tyson, Michie, Polec (Ellis,Ellis-Yolmen)

RUC: Cox, Sandilands (Thurlow,Derrickx)

FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Parker, Gunston, Caddy, Higgins (Kersten,Rohan)

• Sean

March 9, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Enright’s age may catch up to him, savage really risk vs reward, same with michie and tyson, the rest are all good, VDLRJCXU to join my leauge

• mbrucie

March 9, 2014 at 9:03 pm

How are Michie and Tyson risk vs reward? Everyone will have them so they represent no risk whatsoever, and they are rookie priced.

• Sean

March 9, 2014 at 9:09 pm

just because everyone has them dose not mean it wont be a risk, at there price there is better players, go up a bit get kelly, Cliton young, matt crouch, jesse longergan, dom sheed, james aish, will put out more, kelly and young are safe bets, tyson comes from goldcoast were he could not get a game, will avg 80, be a good cash cow and michie will be the loss, will be lucky to get 50 avg, i have tyson but in my mind every player is a risk vs reward, from rookie priced to mid price, cash cows are the diffrence between winning and losing :)

• Elliott

March 9, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Tyson comes from GWS

• mbrucie

March 9, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Tyson was a #3 pick and was very highly rated. He has had a lot of injury troubles as his body has transitioned to AFL level. He was in fact injured, if he was fit, he would have easily been in GWS best 21.

5. jamie

March 9, 2014 at 8:58 pm

dom tyson or viv michie???

• Sean

March 9, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Preseason says tyson, better off going cliton young at that price tho

6. New Extreme

March 9, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Why???

• Sean

March 9, 2014 at 9:01 pm

why get cliton young, during hawks he was not played but when did put out a 80 avg, was hampered by injury last year, looked great in the preseason

• mbrucie

March 9, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I wouldn’t say that 35 and 60 is the definition of looking great in the preseason, especially when Tyson and Michie went at 127 and 114 points per 100 mins respectively.

• Sean

March 9, 2014 at 9:19 pm

the also went 70 and 50 in other games, tyson is a good choice but would rather have young over michie any day

• Oscar

March 9, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Shut up Sean
            U know nothing so f**k up and die in a hole

• mbrucie

March 9, 2014 at 10:02 pm

They scored 64 each, a higher score than Young has had all preseason, and it was from relatively low TOG.

7. Sean

March 9, 2014 at 9:11 pm

he was playing reduce game time, because of just coming back from injury

8. jamie

March 9, 2014 at 9:11 pm

so someone besides sean ahah?? michie or tyson

• Sean

March 9, 2014 at 9:13 pm

tyson

• The colosses of clout

March 9, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Tyson if you have the $ to spare

9. Hawksman

March 9, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Hi everyone does anyone know whats going on with the price changes thyear in afl fantasy ???

10. Adam

March 9, 2014 at 9:15 pm

AFL FANTASY TEAM

This is my round 1 team, stacked with just 1 decent bench player. Ill then reevaluated the team come round 2 since we have unlimited trades.

Whats your thoughts?

DEF
    McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Enright, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Curran)

MID
    Ablett, S.Selwood, Fyfe, D.Beams, Thomas, Gaff, V.Mitchie, X.Ellis (Polec, Wanganeen)

RUC
    McEvoy, Sandilands (Thurlow, Currie)

FWD
    Dangerfield, Franklin, J.Kennedy, J.Darling, M.Wright, S.Higgins (Rohan, Kersten)

Rem: 24k

11. Sean

March 9, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Gaff is a player who has been meaning put out 90, hopefully his year this year, still a risk

• Adam

March 9, 2014 at 9:21 pm

My thoughts exactly… An improved WestCoast team overall should see Gaff getting the big numbers weve been hoping for. Same goes for Darling.

12. yagobombers

March 9, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Nice team, Curran. & Kesten injury ? What’s going on with the Fantasy Dreamteam site, cannot get into it

• Adam

March 9, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Didnt realise that Kesten was injured, thanks for the heads up. Doesnt really faze me though as i only need one sub in each line for round 1, which would be Rohan.

Same goes with Curran… i actually have no idea who is is but hes cheap!!! :) Ive got Fuller as my Def Sub for round 1

Any one got any thoughts on the backline, i wouldnt mind making it a little more unique?

• Elliott

March 9, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Go Fuller to Georgiou. Fuller won’t play.

Maybe go Enright to Vlastuin and see if you can upgrade McDonald to Hansen, Grimes, Brodie Smith or Geary if you’re looking for PoDs for R1

I think it looks good though

• Adam

March 9, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Im not haaving any issues getting into the site. Sorry buddy, not sure

• gerard

March 9, 2014 at 11:26 pm

agree haven’t been able to get in all day

13. Gregg

March 9, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Hows this looking guys

McVeigh, Mithcell, Swallow, Atley, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Laidler)

Ablett,Beams, Watson, Hannebery, B Ellis, Thomas, Tyson, Michie (X Ellis, Polec)

Lobbe, Sandi (Thurlow, Osborne)

Dangerfield, D Martin, Franklin, Zorko, J Cameron, Caddy (Kerston, Rohan)
    $10,200 left

Any advice ??

• The colosses of clout

March 9, 2014 at 10:00 pm

DEF: Atley has done nothing to suggest he is ready to step up this year. NAB cup for has been disappointing

MID: Unique choices in Hannebery and Ellis but should score ok

RUC: I like lobbe apart from his poor nab scores. I doubt Renouf will play round one so I think he will score well.

FWD: Strong – people are off Franklin but he should score better than his price. Zorko Cameron is a strong POD – kid is a gun though, to nearly win the coleman last year with that squad is phenomenal.

14. marcus

March 9, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Hi guys,fantasy team ive spent alot of time on,any help appreciated,few risky picks,$200 left.

Def-Malceski,Hurn,Enright,Watts,Swallow,MCdonald(Laidler,Tippet)

Mids-Swan,Ablett,Maten,Beams,Libba,Shiels,Polec,Tyson(Michie,Ellis)

Rucks-Mcevoy,Sandi(Thurlow,Currie)

Fwds-Nroo,Cloke,Higgins,Caddy,Gunston,Darling(Rohan,Kerston)

• The colosses of clout

March 9, 2014 at 9:56 pm

DEF: Bit risky foe me with Hurn, Watts and Swallow -> maybe try to pick some safer options like Mitchell, Mcveigh, Houli, Hibberd

MID: Strong – I like it

RUC: Good

FWD: Bit risky as well with 4 people you are hoping to significantly raise their average. 1 or 2 of Gunny, Darling, Caddy and Higgins is probably fine but 4 is a bit much for me.

NB: a bit risky but big reward if it all pans out

15. SimonthePieman

March 9, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I’m back for another year and I see that it has changed. :(

League if anyone is interested – KZ3S9EKU

Also going to have a crack at VSports

League if anyone is interested – 975796

Please no ghost teams :(

16. The colosses of clout

March 9, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Alright guys, anything wrong with this squad?

REAL DT

DEF: Mitchell, Hanley, Houli, Suckling, Webster, McDonald (Clurey, Georgio)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Murphy, Daisy, Polec, Michie, Tyson (Ellis, Dunstan)

RUC: Hickey, Sandilands (Currie, Thurlow)

FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Parker, Caddy, Higgins (Rohan, JKH)

• Oscar

March 9, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I’d go swan over Pendles.
      Especially for Crowley on Friday.
      T. Mitchell to Gunston and Hickey to Mcevoy. And Murphy to Rocklift.

• The colosses of clout

March 9, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I dont have the cash to pull all those trades.

I think this is Pendles year – I expect real big things for him.

If i could I would go Gunny + Mcevoy + rocky but 130k short.

Thanks for the advice Oscar – Ill have a play around and see if i can squeeze some of them in

• Oscar

March 9, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I think Rockey is the main one u need out of them.
          And I trust you so Pendles might do well this year

• The colosses of clout

March 9, 2014 at 10:14 pm

I would like rocky but I cant find the 100k to get Murphy to him. And if I had the cash I would prob upgrade Hickey.

I would love a good rookie down back or forward to really stand out — help us all out a bit

• Oscar

March 9, 2014 at 10:25 pm

U could probably got titchell to zorko and Murphy to rockey if you like zorko

17. Tigers

March 9, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Anyone keen on joining our fantasy league?

18. Matt

Matt

March 9, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Trying to maximise points for rd 1:
    Thoughts on this hit out team for AFL Fantasy;

Def: McVeigh. Mitchell. Terlich. Vlastuin. Suckling. McDonald ( 115k. 115k )
    Mid: Swan (c). Ablett (vc). Liberatore. Cotchin. Beams. Savage. Tyson. Michie (115k. 115k )
    Ruc: McEvoy. Sandilands ( 115k. 115k )
    Fwd: Dangerfield. Mitchell. Parker. Walters. Caddy. Rohan ( 115k. 115k )

Thoughts please?!?!

• Oscar

March 9, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Do you know your bench players

• The colosses of clout

March 9, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Some good choice there if the PODS pay off.

I think your forwards are pretty set – I think Rohan could go alright vs GWS might snag a few.

I like Brad Hill over Savage if its a 1 week punt. Same with Deledio, could go large against GCS if he avoids the tag.

As Grimes can prob last a week – I woild get him in for Terlich. I think he will be the distributor down back

19. Mick

March 9, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Team AFL Fantasy:

Def: B.Houli, S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, L.McDonald ( J.Laidler, B.Martin)

Mid: S.Pendelbury, G.Ablett, D.Beam, M.Barlow, D.Thomas, L.Sheils, D.Tyson, L.Dumstan. ( J.Polec, X.Ellis )

Ruc: B.Mcvoy, A.Sandliands ( T.Hickey, T.Derickx )

For: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Gunstan, J.Caddy, J.Patton, G.Rohan ( JKH, Lewis Roberts)

Salary remaining: 104,000

Any thoughts would be much appreciated..

• The colosses of clout

March 9, 2014 at 10:16 pm

DEF: Good

MID: Great – Similar to mine just better

RUC: Good

FWD: I like it but a bit worried about Patton. I love the kid – he is a giant. But he has been a bit slow this year in pre season. Should play most games and Cameron may get the main defender so could be ok

• Mick

March 9, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Yer, he’ll get better when he gets over his injury.

• The colosses of clout

March 9, 2014 at 10:25 pm

No doubt he will be a gun if those knees hold up.

That said he will be a starter for your team for at least 8 weeks at what could be a 50 average until he comes good.

Gotta trust your gut though. Good luck champ

• Albert Lloyd

March 9, 2014 at 11:02 pm

The last time a rookie (1st-3 years) held up as a top 6 forward… well I can’t remember.

20. Albert Lloyd

March 9, 2014 at 11:12 pm

I A R DT (Revision 138,000.987)

Phil Tufnell

Back: Mitchell, Enright, Simpson, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald (Langford, Georgiou)

Mid: Pendles (c), Rocky (vc), Libba, Beams, Macrae, Thomas, Tyson, Polec (Dunstan, Ellis)

Ruck: Cox, Sandi (Thurlow, Dericx)

Fwd: Martin, Parker, Gunston, Caddy, Higgns, Rohan (Impey, JKH)

Cashola: 6K

Awaiting gushing praise…

21. Mr Miyagi

March 9, 2014 at 11:19 pm

AFL Fantasy

DEF: Mitchell, Walker, Simpson, Enright, Suckling, McDonald (Martin, Langford)

MID: Swan, Rockliff, Murphy, Sloane, Beams, Thomas, Michie, Polec (Hallahan, X Ellis)

RUCK: Lobbe, Sandilands (Thurlow, Currie)

FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Wright, Caddy, Rohan (JKH, Kersten)

$42,400 sundries

I know people aren’t sold on Lobbe, but he averaged 95 in matches he actually played as the sole ruckman last year. Had 3 130+ games.

Went with Sloane and Wright as POD’s, is it too risky?

22. Jack

March 10, 2014 at 12:08 am

Jack Martin and josh Kelly or Viv Michie and Dom Tyson?

Adam

March 10, 2014 at 5:30 am

Michie and Tyson I’d say mate.

23. New Extreme

March 10, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Will mummy take the number 1 ruck position?
    Or be there to rest up Giles now and again?
    I’m think of making Giles my R1 for my team?
    Will he boom this year having mummy to help him out?

24. Tomswan

March 13, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Hey guys!

D.Thomas Or S.Savage?

Could have both, Or swap one with a premo and then afford a solid rookie?