My Team

My Team 2014: Version 4.2

Phew! The ‘carnival of footy’ is over! The 18 games in 18 days was great for our Fantasy study and now we have to analyse all of the info for our squads. Discuss your team heading into the first partial lockout on Friday March 14.

myteamv30articleThe ‘carnival of footy’ that was the 18 games in 18 days, is over we have version 4.1 of the My Team post to get your AFL Fantasy and Dream Team discussions going..

We recommend you use the Drawing Board to make your mock AFL Fantasy and AFL Dream Team teams (there is a difference). Please indicate which competition the team you’re posting is for to avoid confusion.

Make sure you head on over to www.dtlive.com.au to put together your 2014 AFL Fantasy squad using all of the official prices and positions. Chad has been working hard to make this great resource for all AFL Fantasy fans to enjoy. It’s free and easy to sign up and you are able to copy and paste your team for the comments here on the site.

Please be constructive in the comments. Feel free to discuss any players, positions or any other thoughts about AFL Fantasy for 2014!

For older My Team entries, click here.

1,098 Comments

1,098 Comments

1. sam

March 6, 2014 at 9:24 am

Def: J.McVeigh S.Mitchell J.Bartel G.Ibbotson M.Suckling L.McDonald ( M.Fuller J.Laidler )
    Mid: S.Johnson D.Swan G.Ablett D.Beams D.Zaharakis M.Crouch V.Michie X.Ellis ( M.Honeychurch J.Polec )
    Ruc: P.Ryder A.Sandilands ( D.Currie F.Thurlow )
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield L.Franklin D.Zorko M.Wright J.Caddy N.Bock ( S.Blease G.Rohan )
    Salary Cap Remaining: $5,700.

Comments

• Daniel

March 6, 2014 at 11:37 am

Starting Stevie J, Swan & Ablett is fairly taxing on your starting budget. Might be wise to leave at least one of them as an upgrade target for later when they come down in price.
      I have a feeling one of them will start to fall away this year and burn everyone who pays $600k to start him.

Apparently Bock wont play until roughly round 3. Not sure M Crouch will get many games, consider Tyson or Dunstan.

Adam

March 6, 2014 at 11:40 am

I’d be taking Stevie J out, Bock is injured, M. Crouch won’t play much apparently, get D. Tyson in!!!

2. roxredsox

March 6, 2014 at 10:18 am

TFJKZAD…FANTASY CODE FOR ELITE PLAYERS

3. Heater

March 6, 2014 at 10:59 am

AFL Fantasy

Heaters Challenge: NMPJE2VJ

4. Daniel

March 6, 2014 at 11:22 am

Real DT
    DEF: S.Mitchell, McVeigh, Enright, Mackie, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Laidler)
    MID: Pendles (C), Cotchin, D.Beams, Rockliff, Ziebell, D.Thomas, D.Tyson, L.Dunstan (X.Ellis, J.Polec)
    RUC: McEvoy/Jacobs?, Sandi (Currie, Thurlow)
    FWD: Danger, Wingard, Gunston, Nahas, Rohan, Rioli (K-Harris, HoneyChurch)

$118,000 left over.

Going for some PODs this year: Mackie, Ziebell, Wingard, Gunston, Nahas, Rioli.. All risky but all potential payoffs also.
    My FWD line is probably the most in need of feedback. Perhaps too many PODs up forward? Any thoughts on which ones to axe(and for who)?

Thanks

• Kanye Zest

March 6, 2014 at 11:25 am

I had rioli in my team before reading today that he’s suspended for round 1 :/ love the thought though

• Daniel

March 6, 2014 at 11:31 am

True but if it turns out I have bench cover for him in Rnd 1 then he could be a good POD after that (even more so because people are put off by the suspension). He’s a gun and plays a midfield type role. He averaged 94 last year before his injury. So, I don’t know.. lol

5. Adam

Adam

March 6, 2014 at 11:34 am

Been playing around with my side some more, it’s for AFL Fantasy, pretty happy with this side, but as always, comments, thoughts, opinions all welcome.

B: S. Mitchell, J. Bartel, C. Enright, J. Watts, M. Suckling, L. McDonald, (J. Laidler, J. Lockyer)
    M: G. Ablett (C), S. Pendlebury (VC), J. Watson, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, D. Thomas, D. Tyson, J. Polec, (X. Ellis, D. Wanganeen)
    R: S. Mumford, A. Sandilands, (F. Thurlow, D. Currie)
    F: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, T. Mitchell, D. Zorko, J. Caddy, G. Rohan, (M. Honeychurch, S. Kersten)

$5,400 left over.

People’s thoughts on D. Smith, R. Palmer, J. Cameron? Replacing D. Zorko?

• Daniel

March 6, 2014 at 11:44 am

Looks pretty good. Murphy could be an alternative to Watson if you wanted an extra 40-50k to play around with.
      Mitchell up FWD is risk/reward.. Being a midfield-type he could average 90+ and be in the top 8 fwds.. or he could have 2nd year blues and average 60, for your $488k.

Considered Cameron myself but not sure. Could post some low scores when he doesn’t kick a bag of goals.
      Any thoughts on my team just above? Cheers.

6. Brendan

March 6, 2014 at 11:48 am

Who would you guys pick out of the following FWDS??
    – Wingard
    – T.Mitchell (keeping in mind I’ve already got Parker + Rohan, could be risky going in with 3 sydney fwds)
    – Gunston
    – Pavlich

These are the guys I think but if you think there’s someone else worth mentioning feel free to let me know

• Brendan

March 6, 2014 at 11:49 am

Also who do you think will have a better season out of Dahlhaus and Caddy???

• Daniel

March 6, 2014 at 11:52 am

I have both Gunston and Wingard. If I had to pick one I’d say Gunston, due to Wingard being a candidate to start copping tags. Mitchell will be a target for me later once he shows he’s not suffering 2nd year blues. Pav burned me last year.

7. Daniel

March 6, 2014 at 11:50 am

Fantasy (supercoach)

DEF: McVeigh, S.Mitchell, Enright, Mackie, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Laidler)
    MID: Pendles, Cotchin, D.Beams, Ziebell, D.Thomas, Polec, Tyson, X.Ellis (Dunstan, M.Crouch)
    RUC: Kreuzer, Sandi (Currie, Thurlow)
    FWD: Danger, Gunston, Wingard, J.Cameron, Nahas, Rohan (K-Harris, Kersten)

$17,400 left

As with my real DT side, my FWD line is probably my biggest dilemma. perhaps too many PODs.
    Any thoughts appreciated :)

8. AFL Fantasy 2014

March 6, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Simpson, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald(Laidler, Griffiths)

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Masten, Cotchin, D Beams, Thomas, Tyson, Polec(Michie, X Ellis)

Ruc: Sandilands, Hampson(Thurlow, Currie)

Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Parker, Zorko/Gunston, Caddy, Rohan(Kennedy-Harris, Kersten)

Cash: $35,500

Close to a lock & load for round 1 IMO!
    Whats your thoughts/advice? Will be greatly appreciated

9. Hawksman

March 6, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Who will score more liam shiels, and higgins or marc murphy or and other midfielder under 550 and rohan

10. Albert Lloyd

March 6, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Thomas, only if Shiels gets the tagging role throughout games which Thomas is not in danger of.

If Shiels plays purely attacking I’d wager he’d score more.

11. Brendan

March 6, 2014 at 1:57 pm

100k left in bank, any tips and criticisms accepted

12. Adam

Adam

March 6, 2014 at 6:59 pm

R: S. Mumford, A. Sandilands, (F. Thurlow, D. Currie)

$5,400 left over.

People’s thoughts on D. Smith, R. Palmer, J. Cameron? Replacing D. Zorko?

13. Jonny Jonny

March 6, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Def: J.McVeigh S.Mitchell M.Hibberd M.Suckling K.Kolodjashnij L.McDonald ( J.Laidler W.Langford )
    Mid: G.Ablett T.Boak C.Masten N.Fyfe T.Liberatore D.Beams M.Crouch C.Beams ( J.Polec X.Ellis )
    Ruc: M.Lobbe A.Sandilands ( D.Currie F.Thurlow )
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield C.Sylvia P.Chapman J.Caddy S.Higgins A.Fasolo ( G.Rohan N.Bock )
    Salary Cap Remaining: $54,700
    Just want some views on the team not %100 yet might change Higgins fasolo and hibberd …thanks

14. P1

March 7, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Budget of 433k. Pick one forward.

15. Lachlan

FWD:
    Dangerfield, Martin, Parker, Caddy, Lamb, Rohan
    (Lloyd, Kersten)

thoughts/comments?

16. Sean

March 9, 2014 at 7:44 pm

My leauge is up to 9 players and needs 9 more if you wish to join here is the code: VDLRJCXU

Now for my team!

DEFENCE – L.Hodge, A.Walker, J.Mcveigh, J.Adcock, M.Suckling, L.Mcdonald
    A.Georgiou, C.Cameron
    MIDFIELD – S.Pendlebury, B.Stanton, J.O’Meara, P.Dangerfield, C.Young,
    D.Swallow, B.Ellis, D.Tyson, J.Polec, X.Ellis
    RUCK – A.Sandilands, W.Minson, D.Currie, F.Thurlow

FOWARD – D.Martin, C.Wingard, T.Mitchell, S.Higgins, D.Zorko, G.Rohan, S.Kresten, M.Honeychurch

So thats my team, any advice or comments and i hope some of you join the leauge :)