The ‘Real’ AFL Dream Team is now open
Virtual Sports have launched the ‘real’ AFL Dream Team tonight with a swag of prizes. $40,000 for the winner and cash prizes for the top ten overall, weekly and eliminator winners and for the best league.
After parting ways as the providers of the official AFL fantasy game, Virtual Sports have released AFL Dream Team independently.
It’s basically the DT that people have played over the last few years. The major difference being limited trades – 30 trades rather than the two per week last year. Other than that, it has kept the same things that has made the game popular over the years.
The prizes are huge with $40,000 for the overall winner, $2,000 for second and $1,000 each for third through to tenth. The Eliminator is $2,500 and the weekly prize is $500. A new thing is the highest scoring league at the end of the year will share $3,600.
Here’s the information from the website:
Dream Team® is back! After providing the official AFL game for the past 12 seasons, VirtualSports is excited to bring you the original fantasy footy competition that started it all back in 2001 – now direct from its creators!
Take part in the fantasy game built by fantasy fans for fantasy fans. No longer influenced by corporate interests and marketing types, we bring you Dream Team® the way it was meant to be played – with challenging yet rewarding, sensible rules and game play. And we’ve thrown in some massive prizes to boot!
While other competitions scramble to complete and replicate the best of Dream Team® past, we continue to build and innovate – in Season 2014, Dream Team® brings you the most complete game play and feature-set that we’ve ever created:
- – We’ve re-built Dream Team® from the ground up. It’s all new and shiny, yet instantly familiar.
- – Load up Dream Team® on your tablet or smartphone, and you’ll get a beautiful, touch-friendly Dream Team® that is 100% complete, with 100% of functionality available at all times.
- – Realistic $9.632m salary cap, 30 trades, Best 18 bye-round scoring.
- – Unlimited Dual Position player moves while trading.
- – Round 1 kick-off as always – with Rolling Lockout for Round 1 only.
- – FREE universal iPhone, iPad apps, plus Android app for tablets and phones. 100% featured, 100% Draft game support.
- – LIVE SCORING, across all platforms, all devices.
PLUS, introducing unlimited, weekly Head-to-Head Rivalries; all-new player stat cards; a player Comparison Tool; all-new achievement badges and trophies to recognise your performances in the game; more stats and data where you want it and expect it; all-new Assistant Coach features; pick a competitive team with Intelligent auto-pick in under a minute…
And much, much more… Still simple as ever to play, yet as challenging and rewarding for those who take it a bit further!