Connect with us

My Team

My Team 2014: Version 2.0

Version 2.0 is here of My Team now that we know all of the prices and positions and we’re able to use Chad’s fantastic ‘Drawing Board’ team picker.

myteamv20articleNow that we have all of the prices and positions out, it’s time for a new My Team post.

Make sure you head on over to www.dtlive.com.au to put together your 2014 AFL Fantasy squad using all of the official prices and positions. Chad has been working hard to make this great resource for all AFL Fantasy fans to enjoy. It’s free and easy to sign up and you are able to copy and paste your team for the comments here on the site.

Please be constructive in the comments. Feel free to discuss any players, positions or any other thoughts about AFL Fantasy for 2014!

936 Comments

936 Comments

  1. graham allen

    January 1, 2014 at 7:26 pm

    higgins fasolo clark rohan sandilands currie naismith thomas all a worry for me. Could find yourself in a wee bit of bother with that lot. but as i said 2 minutes ago in a previous comment, a lot of team are going down that round. Its long time till round 1

  2. Ditts

    January 1, 2014 at 9:13 pm

    Team name: The Glass Boys

    Def: J.McVeigh (98), S.Mitchell (96), M.Johnson (82), P.Seedsman (79), M.Suckling (58), M.Fuller (28) (C.Howard (25), J.Laidler (25))
    Mid: D.Swan (117), G.Ablett (115), S.Selwood (108), R.Griffen (106), D.Beams (92), J.Martin (50), C.Beams (35), D.Garlett (30) (X.Ellis (25), J.Polec (25))
    Ruck: S.Mumford (78), A.Sandilands (45) (B.Longer (36), D.Currie (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), D.Martin (97), L.Franklin (79), S.Crameri (65), M.Clark (39), A.Fasolo (38) (N.Bock (25), M.Honeychurch (25))

    $26,100 remaining

    obviously waiting on a few players to see how their preseason goes, pretty happy at this stage though

    • gerard

      January 1, 2014 at 10:04 pm

      don’t mind it has good balance all over

      the only thing that worries me is the fwds franklin crameri so on could be a winner or fail drastically

  3. gerard

    January 1, 2014 at 10:06 pm

    TEAM NAME: giddy up.

    Def: S.Mitchell (96), K.Simpson (85), P.Seedsman (79), D.Swallow (70), M.Suckling (58), K.Kolodjashnij (46) (J.Laidler (25), J.Tippett (21))
    Mid: G.Ablett (115), M.Boyd (104), T.Rockliff (103), T.Cotchin (94), D.Beams (92), M.Murphy (86), J.Martin (50), L.McDonald (45) (J.Polec (25), M.Honeychurch (25))
    Ruck: B.Grundy (62), A.Sandilands (45) (D.Currie (21), F.Thurlow (21))
    Fwd: N.Riewoldt (103), P.Dangerfield (99), L.Parker (85), C.Sylvia (82), M.Clark (39), N.Bock (25) (D.Markworth (21), P.Wearden (21))

    any comments would be great

  4. Money

    January 2, 2014 at 1:01 am

    TEAM NAME: The Unreal Squids
    DEF: J. McVeigh, P. Hanley, G. Birchall, B. Waters, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (M. Fuller, J. Battersby)
    MID: D. Swan, S. Selwood, B. Stanton, T. Rockliff, D. Beams, D. Tyson, M. Crouch, C. Beams (X. Ellis, J. Polec)
    RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, D. Currie)
    FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, P. Chapman, M. Clark, A. Fasolo (G. Rohan, N. Bock)
    CASH LEFT: $33,500

    any suggestions or thoughts would be great guys!
    thinking of going McDonald to Howard for cash and fielding Fuller but not sure….;

    • Lukey85

      January 2, 2014 at 11:09 am

      Looks good. Damn, I would hate to come up against that midfield round 1.

      I would have McDonald over Howard at this stage. Howard has a history of soft-tissue injuries and his stats in the VFL last season were down from the year before. McDonald spent the bulk of last year learning the caper in the VFL and by all reports should be in the mix for round 1. As always, monitor both preseasons and hopefully the decision will be made for you!

      • Money

        January 3, 2014 at 2:59 am

        Cheers mate. Made sure my midfield is the greatest strength as it should be, keeping McDonald at this stage but i’d rather to Tyson to Sheed, but will leave me with basically nothing, any ideas of possible downgrades for cash?

        • Lukey85

          January 4, 2014 at 10:39 am

          Hey, you could look to downgrade Chappy slightly to free up a bit of cash. Also gives you a chance to watch him and see what role he is playing and if it’s still DT friendly.

  5. Suckerpunch

    January 2, 2014 at 8:43 am

    TEAM NAME: Suckerpunch.

    Def: H.O’Brien, P.Hanley, P.Seedsman, J.Grimes, D.Swallow, B.Martin (L.Roberts-Thomson, C.Howard)
    Mid: J.Watson, N.Fyfe, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, J.Kennedy, M.Murphy, J.Martin, D.Tyson(C.Young, J.Polec)
    Ruck: B.Grundy, A.Sandilands(B.Longer, D.Currie)
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield, T.Mitchell, L.Franklin, D.Zorko, J.Lamb, M.Clark(G.Rohan, N.Bock)

    Cash Left: $63,100

    Forwards are going to be the hardest to pick this year IMO. There is a big drop off from premiums and not much DPP help this year.

    Clint Young could be a great pickup as a replacement for Heater if he’s fit this year too

  6. Duncan

    January 2, 2014 at 9:59 am

    Def: J.McVeigh (98), S.Mitchell (96), A.Walker (87), D.Swallow (70), K.Kolodjashnij (46), L.McDonald (45) (M.Fuller (28), J.Laidler (25))
    Mid: D.Swan (117), G.Ablett (115), T.Rockliff (103), J.Watson (99), D.Beams (92), D.Thomas (64), J.Martin (50), C.Beams (35) (J.ORourke (25), J.Polec (25))
    Ruck: N.Naitanui (77), A.Sandilands (45) (B.Longer (36), D.Currie (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), C.Wingard (87), L.Franklin (79), S.Higgins (56), M.Clark (39), N.Bock (25) (M.Honeychurch (25), S.Kersten (21))

    86k left

    Thoughts?

    • Lukey85

      January 2, 2014 at 10:59 am

      Defence and midfield look good but that is a risky forward line with a lot of injury-prone players. A suggestion would be to downgrade one of Thomas or Martin and upgrading Higgins.

      • Duncan

        January 2, 2014 at 6:18 pm

        Yeah I am considering that but who t that is the thing?

        • Lukey85

          January 2, 2014 at 8:19 pm

          Dusty I reckon.

          • Duncan

            January 2, 2014 at 11:56 pm

            yes but who should I downgrade to?

          • Duncan

            January 3, 2014 at 12:02 am

            If I trade Dusty and Higgins should I go to
            Parker and Zorko
            or Wingard and 390k forward?

          • Duncan

            January 3, 2014 at 12:07 am

            oh yeah have traded wingard to dusty I just need to get rid of higgins

  7. Tom

    January 2, 2014 at 1:31 pm

    Dream Team Talk blog

    TEAM NAME: TT3.
    Used: $9,997,300 (100%), Remaining: $2,700 (0%) On Ground: $8,858,000 (88.6%), On Bench: $1,139,300 (11.4%)
    Expected Total: 1753
    Def: J.McVeigh (98), S.Mitchell (96), P.Hanley (86), D.Swallow (70), M.Suckling (58), L.McDonald (45) (M.Fuller (28), J.Laidler (25))
    Mid: D.Swan (117), G.Ablett (115), S.Selwood (108), D.Beams (92), D.Thomas (64), J.Martin (50), D.Tyson (40), C.Beams (35) (J.Polec (25), J.ORourke (25))
    Ruck: N.Naitanui (77), A.Sandilands (45) (B.Longer (36), D.Currie (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), D.Martin (97), C.Wingard (87), L.Franklin (79), T.Walker (52), G.Rohan (26) (N.Bock (25), M.Honeychurch (25))

    • Damo

      Damo

      January 3, 2014 at 1:27 am

      Walker is very unlikely to play round 1 from what I gave heard.
      Everything else is ok.

  8. Matt

    January 2, 2014 at 2:06 pm

    Used: $9,969,600 (99.7%), Remaining: $30,400 (0.3%) On Ground: $8,852,400 (88.5%), On Bench: $1,117,200 (11.2%)
    Expected Total: 1744
    Def: J.McVeigh (98), A.Walker (87), P.Hanley (86), D.Swallow (70), M.Suckling (58), J.Laidler (25) (C.Howard (25), J.Battersby (21))

    Mid: S.Selwood (108), T.Rockliff (103), J.Watson (99), D.Beams (92), M.Murphy (86), D.Sheed (44), M.Crouch (38), C.Beams (35) (J.Polec (25), E.Templeton (21))

    Ruck: N.Naitanui (77), A.Sandilands (45) (B.Longer (36), T.Nankervis (32))

    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), D.Martin (97), C.Wingard (87), L.Parker (85), L.Franklin (79), A.Fasolo (38) (M.Honeychurch (25), S.Kersten (21))

    Hey guys, any feedback at all would be great. Went for a different structure altogether but mostly similar premo’s. Cheers guys

    • Rayo

      January 2, 2014 at 3:03 pm

      I like it

      Can’t comment on very many of the ‘cheaper’ players but Rohan has to more of a sure bet than Fasolo. I’m very interested in the varying backlines people have as we are all not used to spending so much money there.

  9. Rayo

    January 2, 2014 at 2:23 pm

    Wife’s at work so I’ve nutted out another draft
    TEAM NAME: Red Mosquitos.

    Def: J.McVeigh, S.Mitchell, H.OBrien, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, J.Laidler (C.Howard, J.Tippett)

    Mid: S.Selwood, T.Rockliff, J.Watson, R.Sloane, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, D.Thomas, C.Beams (D.Garlett, X.Ellis)
    Ruck: A.Sandilands, B.Longer (D.Currie, S.Naismith)

    Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Parker, P.Chapman, J.Lamb (45), N.Bock (G.Rohan, M.Honeychurch)

    $118k left

    Some selections have been influenced by popularity
    Tell me what you think

    • Matt

      January 2, 2014 at 2:47 pm

      I like it, back line is especially quite solid and I like O’Brien (Lumumba) as a POD. Could work either way. Midfield is especially strong but I think with the rest of them Sloane is unnecessary. Interesting POD and able to score big but too inconsistent for my liking. You’re making up for it in your forward and especially your ruck.

      You forwards are alright but I don’t like Chapman. Injury prone and only there for finals. Don’t expect many games for the first half of the season. I like him, don’t get me wrong, but at the start of the season I don’t see him playing much. I’d think of upgrading him to Wingard or someone of your choice, downgrading Sloane to a decent rookie, maybe McDonald/Crouch or even someone really cheap like Templeton for money and upgrade Naismith or Currie to a decent ruck option or you’re relatively screwed in that department.

      Anyway quite a nice team and a very solid midfield but your rucks are incredibly weak and your forward line could be improved.

      • Rayo

        January 2, 2014 at 3:07 pm

        Thanks mate, Slone is a player I expect to go Bang at some stage and I want to be on him when he does! Might be my downfall though ha! I might take your suggestion on Chappy though!

  10. Semisonic

    January 2, 2014 at 2:51 pm

    Looking for help with premo mids. Currently have SJ Swan Jobe Cotch and Beams. Would also like S.Selwood but to get him either need to drop SJ or Swan. Any thoughts? I like Geelongs first couple of games while the pies play some tough teams. Thanks.

  11. Jarrad

    January 2, 2014 at 4:44 pm

    TEAM NAME: Alt+QQ
    Used: $9,997,300 (100%), Remaining: $2,700 (0%) On Ground: $8,781,600 (87.8%), On Bench: $1,215,700 (12.2%)
    Expected Total: 2101
    Def: J.McVeigh (98), S.Mitchell (96), D.Swallow (85), M.Suckling (80), K.Kolodjashnij (70), L.McDonald (70) (D.Gardiner (50), M.Fuller (50))
    Mid: S.Pendlebury (115), T.Rockliff (105), N.Fyfe (102), D.Beams (110), M.Murphy (100), D.Thomas (100), J.Martin (75), C.Beams (70) (V.Michie (50), J.Polec (50))
    Ruck: M.Lobbe (85), A.Sandilands (80) (T.Derickx (50), D.Currie (50))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (110), D.Martin (110), T.Mitchell (95), L.Franklin (90), M.Clark (70), A.Fasolo (70) (D.Garlett (60), S.Kersten (50))

    What do people think? There are wayyyyyy too many premium rd 8 mids this year. I could create my entire midifield just from that round if i wanted to :/ Leaving out Swan and Ablett for Beams/Pendles with the idea of getting them in after the bye.

    • Rayo

      January 2, 2014 at 5:29 pm

      I like all the top end players, I think Pendles will have yet another good year. Spending stuff all on rucks like I am I think is the way to go. I’m a Swans fan and I was the most excited bloke on earth when Titch finally played but at times AFL seems a little bit beyond him, choosing Parker there might be safer. I keep seeing the Kaleidoscope guy in D5 is he that good or is it a hype choice?

      • Jarrad

        January 2, 2014 at 6:18 pm

        Im not so sure Parker is going to do as well as people seem to think and for the 30k more i believe Mitchell is a safer option for me. McDonald for mine is the biggest defender lock and it seems Collingwood are most likely going to ease Scharenberg into the season proper. Kolo is the next best defender who has been likened to Vlastuin of last year, should average 70 for the year and will slot right into the Suns group.

        • RRRbird

          January 2, 2014 at 9:31 pm

          Also note that Mitchell is having a delayed preseason due to the ankle injury/surgery after last years semi-final.

          • Jarrad

            January 3, 2014 at 3:19 am

            Hes only a little bit behind the others right now from all reports. Hes doing fitness running right now and will start skill training very shortly also. If he plays in the nab cup and is fit and firing i will most likely lock him in. If not i have had my eye on Chappy, a bit of a risk but he only has to increase in value before the bye rounds to pay his way.

  12. T.Mac-37

    January 2, 2014 at 5:45 pm

    MY TEAM:
    BAT: Finch, Hales, Hussey, White (Maddisnson).
    ALL: Wright, Henriques (Hastings).
    WK: Kieswetter (Whiteman).
    BOWL: Murli, Nannes, Hogg, Coulter-Nile (Oakley).

    Cash: $19,900

    Thinking of getting Bopara in and captaining him, thinking of trading him in for white but then that would probably leave Maddinson on the bench, with the double game getting nothing, thoughts on who to put on the bench for him or should i just leave him. Also thoughts on my other trade, thanks…

    • Aßaßin8

      Aßaßin8

      January 2, 2014 at 6:25 pm

      Perhaps trade Murali to Hazlewood. I would field Maddinson and bench White. Coulter-Nile won’t play (due to test duties), so maybe trade him to Cutting. Hope that helped!

      Do you mind checking out my squad?

      BAT: Finch, Hales, Hughes, White (North)
      ALL: Wright, Henriques (Hastings)
      WK: Kieswetter (Whiteman)
      BOWL: Rimmington, Murali, Bird, Vettori (Sandri)
      CASH: $48,500

      I was thinking of trading Hughes (bad form) to Bopara and captaining him (Don’t worry I didn’t steal the idea from you!) and trading Murali to Hazlewood.

      • T.Mac-37

        January 2, 2014 at 6:30 pm

        First trade sounds good but not sure about Hazlewood bit expensive, but if u plan on trading him out after this round, if he dosn’t go that well do it. But if he does perform keep him. Just not sold on Hazelwood.

        • T.Mac-37

          January 2, 2014 at 6:32 pm

          Also is coulter-nile playing this week and Bopara is the best option for captain, but just not sure how to get him in and field Maddinson as well.

          • Aßaßin8

            Aßaßin8

            January 2, 2014 at 6:38 pm

            Maybe I should trade in Cutting, instead. I can’t see how you can trade in Bopara, unless you don’t mind having Maddinson on the bench. I think they probably will score reasonably similar. Coulter-Nile is 12th Man.

      • Tom

        January 2, 2014 at 6:32 pm

        The trades you have said look good. Which two trades should I do?
        Hughes – Bopara (No, I didn’t get the idea from you guys either.)
        Wright – Henriques
        McKay – Hazelwood

        • T.Mac-37

          January 2, 2014 at 6:35 pm

          I would go the 1st and 3rd tradescause both the players u r tarding out there are both out of form and wright has the chance to score big opening and with henriques batting at 5 or 6 dosn’t have that potential.

        • Aßaßin8

          Aßaßin8

          January 2, 2014 at 6:35 pm

          1 & 3

          Wright had one bad game, expect him to fire again this week!

          • Tom

            January 2, 2014 at 6:36 pm

            Thanks guys!

          • T.Mac-37

            January 2, 2014 at 6:37 pm

            Any other thoughts on my team? Thanks Guys

          • Aßaßin8

            Aßaßin8

            January 2, 2014 at 6:40 pm

            Which of my all-rounders should I field? I’m thinking Henriques and Wright, but I’m not sure…

          • T.Mac-37

            January 2, 2014 at 6:42 pm

            i have the same allrounders and Yeah i am fielding henriques and wright. Also is coulter-nile playing?

          • Aßaßin8

            Aßaßin8

            January 2, 2014 at 6:43 pm

            Sorry about the excessive commenting. Tom, great minds think alike. That’s why we all are trying to get Bopara in!

          • Aßaßin8

            Aßaßin8

            January 2, 2014 at 6:44 pm

            Thanks. Coulter-Nile has not been named.

          • T.Mac-37

            January 2, 2014 at 6:47 pm

            Should I trade coulter-nile than and getting him back after this round??

          • T.Mac-37

            January 2, 2014 at 6:52 pm

            don’t worry about excesive commenting we are just giving each other advice.

          • T.Mac-37

            January 2, 2014 at 7:04 pm

            Yeah i’m thinking of going coulter-ni le to Hazelwood and White to Bopara Thoughts??

          • Aßaßin8

            Aßaßin8

            January 2, 2014 at 7:11 pm

            Do it!

      • Duncan

        January 2, 2014 at 11:58 pm

        can’t get any luck to go my in Fantasy bbl put lynn on the bench for Maddinson

  13. cody

    January 2, 2014 at 6:42 pm

    These are my all rounders:

    M.Marsh, L.Wright and M.Enriques

    Which two should I feid this week and why?

    • Aßaßin8

      Aßaßin8

      January 2, 2014 at 6:45 pm

      Wow! That is a tough one. Flip a three sided coin???

      • cody

        January 2, 2014 at 6:47 pm

        haha okay

      • T.Mac-37

        January 2, 2014 at 6:50 pm

        Very tough i would probably field henriques and marsh, but don’t blame me t comes unstuck. Very tough call.

        • T.Mac-37

          January 2, 2014 at 6:51 pm

          Very tough i would probably field henriques and marsh, but don’t blame me if it comes unstuck. Very tough call.

          • cody

            January 2, 2014 at 6:54 pm

            k

  14. Patrick

    January 2, 2014 at 11:49 pm

    Hey guys would love any feedback on my team at this stage

    DEFENCE: J.McVeigh, S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, B.Waters, M.Suckling, K.Kolodjashnij (E.Wood, A.Georgiou)

    MIDFIELD: G.Ablett, L.Montagna, S.Selwood, T.Liberatore, D.Beams, J.Martin, M.Crouch, C.Beams (J.Polec, J.O’Rourke)

    RUCK: B.Grundy, B.Longer (B.Brown, T.Derickx

    FORWARD: P.Dangerfield, C.Wingard, L.Franklin, J.Gunston, J.Billings, G.Rohan (L.Taylor, D.Markworth)

    • benno

      January 3, 2014 at 1:24 am

      unique for sure…
      you ruck is risky… no proven premo… could need a couple of trades if those 2 on the fieled don’t both fire.
      gotta risk it for the biscuit though!

      • Patrick

        January 3, 2014 at 1:00 pm

        I think grundy will have a good year as he is the #1 ruckman for the pies now that Jolly has moved on.

  15. Raymond

    January 3, 2014 at 1:08 am

    I’d like to see a total at the bottom of the DTLive drawing board’s “site projected average” column.

    Is it logical that the greater the difference between the “priced at” and “site projected average” totals the greater (hopefully) the “profits” will be? Anyone?

    • benno

      January 3, 2014 at 1:26 am

      I concur…

  16. benno

    January 3, 2014 at 1:25 am

    TEAM NAME: Toll Booth.
    Used: $9,802,700 (98%), Remaining: $197,300 (2%) On Ground: $8,531,000 (85.3%), On Bench: $1,271,700 (12.7%)
    Expected Total: 1691
    Def: J.McVeigh (98), S.Mitchell (96), J.Bartel (95), K.Simpson (85), M.Suckling (58), K.Kolodjashnij (46) (L.McDonald (45), M.Fuller (28))
    Mid: D.Swan (117), G.Ablett (115), T.Rockliff (103), D.Beams (92), J.Martin (50), J.Lonergan (41), V.Michie (36), C.Beams (35) (J.Polec (25), X.Ellis (25))
    Ruck: M.Leuenberger (85), A.Sandilands (45) (B.Longer (36), D.Currie (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), D.Martin (97), L.Franklin (79), M.Clark (39), A.Fasolo (38), N.Bock (25) (J.Paine (33), S.Kersten (21))

    some good $$ left over… so feel free to offer advice what to do with it. (Remaining: $197,300)

    cheers,

  17. Ash

    January 3, 2014 at 2:57 am

    Below is the most typical team you can have according to DTTalks player popularity data. How similar is your team?

    TEAM NAME: The Most Typical Team.
    Used: $9,994,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $6,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $8,805,900 (88.1%), On Bench: $1,188,100 (11.9%)
    Expected Total: 1743
    Def: J.McVeigh (98), S.Mitchell (96), P.Hanley (86), D.Swallow (70), M.Suckling (58), M.Fuller (28) (S.Shaw (36), J.Laidler (25))
    Mid: G.Ablett (115), T.Rockliff (103), J.Watson (99), D.Beams (92), D.Thomas (64), J.Martin (50), V.Michie (36), C.Beams (35) (J.Polec (25), X.Ellis (25))
    Ruck: N.Naitanui (77), A.Sandilands (45) (B.Longer (36), D.Currie (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), D.Martin (97), C.Wingard (87), L.Franklin (79), P.Chapman (75), M.Clark (39) (G.Rohan (26), N.Bock (25))

  18. Ash

    January 3, 2014 at 2:59 am

    Below is the most typical team you can have according to DTTalks player popularity data. How similar is your team?

    TEAM NAME: The Most Typical Team.
    Used: $9,931,800 (99.3%), Remaining: $68,200 (0.7%) On Ground: $8,805,900 (88.1%), On Bench: $1,125,900 (11.3%)
    Expected Total: 1743
    Def: J.McVeigh (98), S.Mitchell (96), P.Hanley (86), D.Swallow (70), M.Suckling (58), M.Fuller (28) (C.Howard (25), J.Laidler (25))
    Mid: G.Ablett (115), T.Rockliff (103), J.Watson (99), D.Beams (92), D.Thomas (64), J.Martin (50), V.Michie (36), C.Beams (35) (J.Polec (25), X.Ellis (25))
    Ruck: N.Naitanui (77), A.Sandilands (45) (B.Longer (36), D.Currie (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), D.Martin (97), C.Wingard (87), L.Franklin (79), P.Chapman (75), M.Clark (39) (G.Rohan (26), N.Bock (25)

  19. Raymond

    January 3, 2014 at 7:46 am

    Refer 3/1/13 1.08am.

    Anyone, is there any logic in the statement?

  20. Duncan

    January 3, 2014 at 11:14 am

    TEAM NAME: experiment.
    Used: $9,974,800 (99.7%), Remaining: $25,200 (0.3%) On Ground: $8,869,600 (88.7%), On Bench: $1,105,200 (11.1%)
    Expected Total: 1755
    Def: J.McVeigh (98), S.Mitchell (96), P.Hanley (86), D.Swallow (70), L.McDonald (45), J.Tippett (21) (J.Laidler (25), C.Howard (25))
    Mid: D.Swan (117), G.Ablett (115), S.Pendlebury (113), J.Watson (99), D.Beams (92), D.Thomas (64), D.Tyson (40), J.Polec (25) (J.ORourke (25), E.Templeton (21))
    Ruck: B.Grundy (62), A.Sandilands (45) (B.Longer (36), F.Thurlow (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), D.Martin (97), C.Wingard (87), L.Franklin (79), J.Hogan (49), M.Clark (39) (G.Rohan (26), M.Honeychurch (25))

    Made an Experimental team.
    Thoughts?

  21. Rossjc

    January 3, 2014 at 11:53 am

    I have made a few changes:
    TEAM NAME: Dee Aces.
    Used: $9,563,400 (95.6%), Remaining: $436,600 (4.4%) On Ground: $8,321,600 (83.2%), On Bench: $1,241,800 (12.4%)
    Expected Total: 1641
    Def: J.McVeigh (98), A.Walker (87), H.Shaw (81), K.Kolodjashnij (46), L.McDonald (45), Z.Jones (42) (M.Fuller (28), B.Martin (28))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (103), K.Jack (101), S.Mitchell (96), D.Beams (92), M.Murphy (86), J.Martin (50), D.Sheed (44), C.Beams (35) (L.Dunstan (40), M.Honeychurch (25))
    Ruck: M.Lobbe (81), B.Grundy (62) (B.Longer (36), D.Currie (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), D.Martin (97), L.Franklin (79), J.Lamb (45), M.Clark (39), M.Shaw (30) (D.Garlett (30), S.Kersten (21))

    I would like some thoughts on this team. Mitchell is picked as mid to use him as DPP player for byes. Says I got $436600 left but cant understand why its so big.

    • James

      January 3, 2014 at 1:02 pm

      You could at least get another 2-3 premo’s into that side… I wouldn’t be too confident with that backline tbh… definitely needs less rookies and I would advise you to stay away from heath shaw

  22. Nick

    January 3, 2014 at 1:19 pm

    Def: McVeigh, S.Mitchell, Bartel, Suckling, K. Kolodjashnij, Fuller (B. Martin, Howard)
    Mid: Ablett, Montagna, S. Selwood, Rockliff, D.Beams, Thomas, Carrazzo, C. Beams ( X. Ellis, Polec)
    Ruc: McEvoy, Sandilands ( Longer, Currie)
    Fwd: Dangerfield, D. Martin, Chapman, Lamb, Clark, Karnezis ( Rohan, Kersten)
    Cash Left 64 k

  23. cody

    January 3, 2014 at 2:58 pm

    DEF: McVeigh, Mitchell, Seedsman, Suckling, Swallow, McDonald (Kolodjashnij , Fuller)
    MID: S.Pendelbury, S.Selwood, T.Rockliff, D.Beams, D.Thomas, J.Martin, J.Polec, C.Beams
    (D.Garlett, M.Crouch)
    RUC: H.McIntosh, A.Sandilands (B.Longer, T.Nankervis)
    FWD: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, L.Parker, M.Clark, N.Bock (Honeychurch, Kersten)

    Cash Left $24,200

    Thoughts please???

  24. MadNuts

    January 3, 2014 at 4:54 pm

    TEAM NAME: nawhatimsaiyan.
    Used: $9,981,300 (99.8%), Remaining: $18,700 (0.2%) On Ground: $8,854,200 (88.5%), On Bench: $1,127,100 (11.3%)
    Expected Total: 1752
    Def: J.McVeigh (98), S.Mitchell (96), J.Bartel (95), N.Vlastuin (69), M.Suckling (58), J.Thurlow (49) (J.Tippett (21), C.Byrne (21))
    Mid: D.Swan (117), T.Rockliff (103), B.Ebert (99), J.Watson (99), D.Beams (92), D.Thomas (64), J.Martin (50), J.Polec (25) (A.Morabito (40), M.Honeychurch (25))
    Ruck: B.Grundy (62), A.Sandilands (45) (T.Downie (25), D.Currie (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), C.Wingard (87), L.Franklin (79), P.Chapman (75), J.Hogan (49), N.Bock (25) (J.Paine (33), S.Kersten (21))

    • Augg

      January 3, 2014 at 5:53 pm

      Great team, I like your even spread of cash players. Vlastuin is a good choice I think.

  25. EagleHawk

    January 3, 2014 at 4:57 pm

    TEAM NAME: Sel Wood.
    Used: $9,939,400 (99.4%), Remaining: $60,600 (0.6%) On Ground: $8,568,500 (85.7%), On Bench: $1,370,900 (13.7%)
    Expected Total: 1698
    Def: S.Mitchell (96), H.OBrien (88), A.Walker (87), D.Swallow (70), L.McDonald (45), M.Fuller (28) (J.Hunt (25), T.Langdon (25))
    Mid: G.Ablett (115), S.Pendlebury (113), C.Masten (98), D.Beams (92), J.Martin (50), L.Anthony (41), C.Beams (35), X.Ellis (25) (J.Polec (25), J.ORourke (25))
    Ruck: M.Lobbe (81), N.Naitanui (77) (A.Sandilands (45), T.Nankervis (32), D.Currie (21))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (99), D.Martin (97), C.Wingard (87), L.Parker (85), M.Clark (39), L.Taylor (35) (D.Garlett (30), N.Bock (25))

  26. cody

    January 3, 2014 at 5:07 pm

    What’s everyone’s thought on Lewis Taylor???

    • Icame7thlastyear

      January 3, 2014 at 5:45 pm

      He has a girly sounding name – cant be good for DT points

  27. Augg

    January 3, 2014 at 5:34 pm

    Def: S.Mitchell, J.McVeigh, L.Hansen, M.Suckling, M.Fuller, K.Kolodjashnij (J.Laidler, C.Howard)
    Mid: G.Ablett, D.Swan, J.Selwood, S.Selwood, D.Beams, J.Polec, T.Mitchell (FWD), L.McDonald (DEF) (X.Ellis, C.Beams)
    Ruc: A.Sandilands, H.McIntosh, (D.Currie, B.Longer)
    Fwd: M.Pavlich, N.Bock, L.Franklin, P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Hunter (S.Kersten, G.Rohan)

    (Sorry about the mixed order of players)

    Its my second year in DT and have some questions:
    Why is there very few coaches this year not having DPP players named in the MID for flexibility?
    Why is there little talk on Pav? He’s averaged 94-95 in 2011-12, is fit again this year, priced very well and Fremantle are likely to win games utilising him?

    • Lukey85

      January 4, 2014 at 10:49 am

      Nice side mate. Let me have a crack for you.

      DPP aren’t as important with the increased number of trades we have now. It’s handy, but not worth compromising points and cash generation for the added flexibility. That said, I’m looking to have Honeychurch in the mids at this stage…Pav is a solid choice with a bit of uncertainty in the FWD line this year. I guess most people are a bit wary of the age and injury factor. Could be a decent unique and if he doesn’t fire early you can always trade him to someone you may have missed.

      Good luck for the season and hope you don’t suffer from second-year blues!

  28. Brad

    January 4, 2014 at 3:47 pm

    First crack at it for this season, not entirely happy but it’s a start :)

    TEAM NAME: ROORAIDERSREPRISED2. (Dream Team 2014)
    Used: $9,516,500 (0%), Remaining: $115,500 (1.2%) On Ground: $8,386,500 (87.1%), On Bench: $1,130,000 (11.7%)
    Expected Total: 1649
    Def: J.McVeigh (96), S.Mitchell (96), L.Hodge (90.74), P.Hanley (93), M.Suckling (84), L.McDonald (72) (K.Kolodjashnij (71), M.Fuller (63))
    Mid: G.Ablett (116), T.Rockliff (111), D.Beams (110), L.Anthony (48.00), D.Tyson (45.89), J.Martin (72), C.Beams (68), J.Polec (68) (L.Dunstan (73), M.Crouch (72))
    Ruc: M.Lobbe (81.06), A.Sandilands (83) (B.Longer (71), D.Currie (62))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (105), D.Martin (102), L.Parker (84.68), L.Franklin (93), M.Clark (71), G.Rohan (67) (D.Garlett (64), M.Honeychurch (61))

  29. shishan

    January 6, 2014 at 12:13 pm

    How do I get the right prices? DT Live website has all the wrong prices for players.

  30. Ash

    January 10, 2014 at 3:16 pm

    TEAM NAME: Ash’s Mashers
    Used: $9,644,700 (96.4%), Remaining: $355,300
    Site Expected Total: 2090

    Def: S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, H.Shaw,
    L.Hansen, M.Suckling, K.Kolodjashnij. (M.Fuller,J.Laidler)
    Mid: S.Pendlebury, C.Masten, D.Beams, M.Murphy,
    D.Thomas, J.Martin, L.Anthony, C.Beams. (X.Ellis,J.O’Rourke)
    Ruc: M.Lobbe, H.McIntosh. (D.Currie,F.Thurlow)
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield, L.Parker, M.LeCras,
    J.Gunston, T.Hawkins, G.Rohan. (M.Honeychurch, P.Wearden)

Leave a Reply

Advertisement

Podcasts

Facebook

Advertisement

More in My Team