My Team

My Team: DT Finals – Week 1

Round 20 means it’s finals time! Discuss your team and your match up heading into what we’re all playing DT for (apart from that chance to win $50K I guess). Make sure you get yourself sorted to get the bragging rights over your mates.

myteamfinalsDue to popular demand, here is a ‘My Team’ post where you can post your teams, discuss your trades and your decisions that you want help with from the DT Talk community.

This is in an attempt to help other readers and active users of DT Talk be able to enjoy articles written for this site – and for your entertainment – without comments just being all ‘Generation My” and just wanting help with their teams.

If you are wanting help with your team, then make sure you are joining in on the discussion with other coaches with theirs.

Below is how the final eight works.

jacob

August 8, 2013 at 9:56 pm

who to trade kruezer and mitchell to ?
    worth getting jobe back in ?

Matt

August 8, 2013 at 10:06 pm

ill probably just go with hartlett

3. Jack

Jack

August 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Do I put Grundy on for kreuzer and trade stanton and grimes
    Or
    Do I trade kreuzer and trade grimes and leave stanton and I’m in my legues top 4 so I have 2 chances

Jared

August 8, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Anyone tempted to give Sandi a crack with his run coming up for Kreuzer??

Jordan

August 9, 2013 at 12:40 pm

you would be a brave man

Billy

August 8, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Best ruckman to trade in for Kreuzer?
    Or should I put roughie in ruck via DPP and get a forward maybe Harvey. For a pod?

D Day

August 9, 2013 at 10:35 am

Boomer as a POD could be a very good option. He has been killing it recently!

Alex's All Stars

August 8, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Kreuzer sideways to Minson, Goldy or Leuenberger? I have Cox already.

Kreuzer has really stuffed up my trading plan… Was going to upgrade JPK and Murphy to Barlow and Hansen, NEK MINIT!

So sideways Kreuzer then JPK to Hansen. It’s a toss up between playing JPK or Murphy, but I think Murphy will bounce back this week, not as well as Selwood and Harvey did, but I expect no less than 90pts from him.

Andre Cook

August 9, 2013 at 12:09 am

defs not goldy.
    berger smashes bad teams and has got gws and wb.
    minson is probably most reliable ruckman will always get his 30-60 hitouts and get 80 at minimum. berger a bit more risk but due to resting and the fact he doesn’t get as many hitouts as lets say minson. he has more potential though because he can get marks, goals tackles etc (bit of a dean cox). minson also has melbourne last round who gives up big scores.

I don’t think you really go wrong. I would be very split on this decision. But if you are chasing a few high scores go berger.

Kyrie

August 9, 2013 at 1:42 am

how long is kruezer out for?

dannyk71

August 9, 2013 at 6:17 am

griffen rok and ibbotson or griffen s.mitchell and p hanley

Jordan

August 9, 2013 at 12:41 pm

option 2

Adam

August 9, 2013 at 8:30 am

1.) Best ruck to trade krezuer to? Or keep?

Information says it should only be a week but then i have to play any ruck rookie as i also have nicholls still that i will probably downgrade now.

2.) who to BENCH out of…gibbs, henderson, hartlett, ibbotson?

D Day

August 9, 2013 at 10:34 am

1 – Presuming you already have Cox, I would say big willie or maybe roughie. Roughie should dominate this week being the main man forward (with buddy out) and against a depleted st kilda team.

2 – I’d be leaning towards Ibbo until McPharlin comes back into the team. Then again, they are playing against GWS.

Adam

August 9, 2013 at 11:35 am

yee have coxy. yee they were my thoughts exactly…have minson at the moment but could go roughie try and get the win this week and trade back to kreuzer if need be.

Yee have ibbo on the bench atm im just worried hell go big because my opponent has him so heres to hoping he has another quiet one!

Jordan

August 9, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I have the same ruck issue this week. I reckon Kreuzer is top 2 ruckman so I am keeping him
      I still have Nicholls so downgraded him to Vardy and will bench Kreuzer this week.
      For the sake of (probably) one week Vardy is the Cats sole ruckman so should score well (ports only real ruck is Lobbe) and means you can keep kreuzer and still have a decent R3 for rest of season

11. Elliott Dwyer-Long

Elliott Dwyer-Long

August 9, 2013 at 8:42 am

Grundy or Grigg….Who is a better downgrade this week?

Jordan

August 9, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Grigg will play rest of season but should only be your M10
      Grundy may be dropped next week for Jolly/Hudson/Witts so I would be cautious about bringing him in as R3
      I’ve personally gone Grigg this week I reckon the kid can seriously play

zeralus

August 9, 2013 at 9:16 am

Terlich, Clisby or Staker on field?

Leaning towards Clisby.

dannyk71

August 9, 2013 at 12:49 pm

kane kornes 100+ avergage 440.000

14. Boak for Brownlow

Boak for Brownlow

August 9, 2013 at 9:48 am

Pick one of these trades

Hrovat>Griffen
    Ibbo>Hanley
    Kruze>Bartel/Minson

Really stuck and note I currently have Titch as M8

D Day

August 9, 2013 at 10:14 am

Do you have cover for Kruze? If you have decent cover for Kruze then I would go Hrovat > Griffen. If you have no cover or shit cover for Kruze then he is the obvious trade.

Boak for Brownlow

August 9, 2013 at 10:23 am

My cover for Kruze is either Rowe or Grundy? Can put Roughie in the ruck and then bring in bartel or just go straight to minson? Which one Bartel or Minson?

D Day

August 9, 2013 at 10:31 am

Its a tough one. I think Hrovat -> Griffen will be the best option when it comes to points gained. But your ruck cover is a bit unreliable. I dont think either Rowe or Grundy will score well (Rowe doesnt score well, Grundy playing his third game against the man mountains of Sydney) so I think Kruze has to go this week. Minson has been in good form and is coming up against Warnock, Bartell can be a bit hit and miss but should be good at the Cattery against Port. They will be pumped to win this week after losing last weekend.
          I think Bartel.

Jack

August 9, 2013 at 10:15 am

I think in finals u need to get rid of injured players like kreuzer so I would be goin the kreuzer trade. Earlier in the week I was planning on getting Griffen in but kreuzer stuffed that up so go for the 3 option

Sphincter

August 9, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Kreuzer to Minson

Louie12

August 9, 2013 at 9:57 am

Who should I put on the field. JPK or Tmithell

Jack

August 9, 2013 at 10:16 am

JPK

Jared

August 9, 2013 at 10:06 am

S. Mitchell/Watson/Boak/Ball/McVeigh/Douglas what order????

Boak for Brownlow

August 9, 2013 at 10:24 am

1. Watson
      2. Mitchell
      3. Douglas
      4. Ball
      5. Boak
      6. McVeigh

Rubitonurnuts

August 9, 2013 at 10:15 am

need some help lads …

do I …

1. Trade Grimes out for Enright, Henderson or another ?

or

2. Trade Ball, Priddis or Mitchell for Beams ?

D Day

August 9, 2013 at 10:23 am

Mitchell to Beams I feel will get you the most additional points.

18. Jack

Jack

August 9, 2013 at 10:18 am

Do I play stanton or cotchin

Rubitonurnuts

August 9, 2013 at 10:21 am

I wouldnt trust stanton in a final

D Day

August 9, 2013 at 10:22 am

Cotch by a mile!

D Day

August 9, 2013 at 10:22 am

Alright ladies and gents, opinions would be greatly appreciated! Just scraped into the 8 so need to win!

DEF: Goddard, HepD, Gibbs, Hanley, Ibbo, Cannon (Clisby, Wilson)
    MID: Swan, GAJ, Pendles, Barlow, Jelwood, Cotchin, Priddis, Titch (Crouch, Carter)
    RUC:the male genital combo – Cox and big Willie (Nicholls, Currie)
    FWD: Stevie J, Bartell, Stokes, Dusty, JJK, Rocky (Staker, Lycett)

$202k in the bank

Trades this week I was thinking Titch -> Griffen and Ibbo -> Enright
    Leaves me with $63k in the bank.
    Thoughts on these trades? Any better options you can see?
    I know Nicholls is injured and should be traded but I am yolo’ing it going for points with no ruck cover for now as I am confident the genital combo will play.

D Day

August 9, 2013 at 10:37 am

My other thought was to trade Gibbs out as Ibbo is playing GWS and Gibbs may be used to tag, but then again Mick might let him run loose as they are playing the dogs.

TwobeeMee

August 9, 2013 at 10:47 am

Need to trade in ( with $56k cash )
    – an R2 for either Kreuz, Nicholls or Blicavs
    – a FWD for Monfries

Who to trade
    Minson and Roughy
    or
    Minson and Dusty/Mayne/Bartel
    or
    Roughy and Dusty/Mayne/Bartel

Cheers

Emma Griffin

August 9, 2013 at 11:59 am

Okay, biggest worry is Ibbo and Goddard not playing.

DEF Goddard, Heppell, Mackie, Ibbo, Gibbs, Staker (Clibsy, Docherty)
    MID Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Barlow, Jelwood, Sidebottom, O’Meara (Titchell, Kommer)
    RUC Goldstein, Cox (Rowe, Ceglar)
    FWD Martin, Rockcliff, Kennedy, Roughead, Stevie J, Howe (Kennedy, Lee)

I think I’ll trade out Ibbo and Howe – Pick up Hanely and swap Rowe to FWD to then pick up Grundy as a cash cow. Am I better off fielding Grundy or Rowe, that’s my only concern!

If you guys have any other ideas that would help!

Emma Griffin

August 9, 2013 at 12:00 pm

92k in the bank

D Day

August 9, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Goddard will play, there is no need to worry about that.
      Ibbo to Hanley looks like a good trade. You could maybe look at downgrading Howe/Kennedy/Lee to Johnston from the Crows. Only his second game but might be a better option.

Sphincter

August 9, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Who should i start this week out of JJK vs Essendon or Roughy vs Saints?

Stevo

August 9, 2013 at 2:43 pm

DEF: Goddard, Heppel, Gibbs, Ibbotson, Mckenzie, Grimes (Clisby, Thurlow)
    MID: Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Barlow, Jack, ROK, S. Mitchell, Beams (Titch, Martin)
    RUC: Cox, Kreuzer (Grundy, Naismith)
    FWD: Martin, Rockliff, Riewoldt, Bartel, Kennedy, Johnson (Staker, Neade)
    Cash Left 59k

Trade options
    Ibbotson – Hanley
    Mckenzie – Enright
    and play Grundy
    or
    Kreuzer – Minson
    Ibbotson/Mckenzie/Grimes – Hanley/Enright
    leaning towards second option but which defender to trade out? Thinking Ibbo or Grimes

Thoughts?

BDeville

August 9, 2013 at 3:15 pm

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Ibbo, Hanley, Enright (Grimes, Clisby)
    MID: Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Barlow, Jack, Stanton, J.Selwood, Cotchin (Priddis, Mitchell)
    RUCK: Cox, Kreuzer (Nicholls, Grundy)
    FWD: D.Martin, Rocky, Bartel, Stevie J, Riewoldt, JJK (Daniher, Staker)

10k remaining….Thoughts on trades or improvements??
    I was thinking of trading Kreuzer for Minson and Grimes for Hibberd/Ellis otherwise I can go Nicholls to Vardy/McBean and then Staker to a Roughead to cover Kreuzer??

Stevo

August 9, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Kreuzer to mnson is good and personally I would do a downgrade like Priddis/Mitchell to rookie then upgrade to beams next week.

Stevo

August 9, 2013 at 4:20 pm

who to get rid of for hanley out of Ibbotson/Mckenzie/Grimes. Next week will get rid of one of the other two for Enright.
    Thoughts please?

BK

August 9, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Anyone concerned about the fact that Henderson was named on extended bench and is now the 4th bench spot. Could he get the vest or even a late withdrawal??