DT TALK

Golden Stubby – Round 14

Golden Stubby nominations are in for Round 14! Who get’s your vote this week? Bryce Gibbs, Tom Crouch, Dean Terlich, Jobe Watson and Rory Laird are this week’s nominees as collected by Anthony on Twitter.

goldenstubbyaward

Golden Stubby – Round 14

Well this round was a complete roller coaster! Guns refusing to fire and lesser lights outshining them! So who gets your Golden Stubby vote for the week?

As always the players below are selected from the number of nominations received through twitter.

The Nominations are in:

Bryce Gibbs – 119 – Gibbs carried on his pre bye form Β with a handy 119. If you haven’t gotten him back into your team by now you’d be kicking yourself.

Brad Crouch – 121 – Crouch was absolutely everywhere against the suns. Starting to really show why he had such high wraps on him.

Dean Terlich – 112 – Since being encouraged to push further up the field we’ve seen a prolific rise in Terlich’s scoring. This week’s score being another handy inclusion in a bleak scoring week.

Jobe Watson – 122 – Who played the loop hole game this week? The agonising Friday spent wondering whether to take Watson’s score or not. Hindsight says if you chose yes you were in for a great weekend.

Rory Laird – 108 – Started the week as a lot of coaches E in defence this week. With Valstuin’s late withdrawal he provided a lot of handy cover!

So who get’s your vote this week?

Golden Stubby - Round 14

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Sean Roberts

June 30, 2013 at 10:27 pm

crouchy… worth the hold.

• Tex

June 30, 2013 at 11:11 pm

+100000…

I had to toss up whether to trade or bench Barlow and play Crouch. Benched Barlow, got Crouchy’s 121 and a nice price rise :)

Making it even better I would have traded Barlow for Boyd who scored 90 and Crouch’s extra 31 points were the difference between me winning or losing one of my leagues.

John Freed

June 30, 2013 at 11:19 pm

exactly the same thing happened to me

• D Day

July 1, 2013 at 10:22 am

I would have voted Crouch if he was on my field!

• random_guy

July 1, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I had him for his first three games, traded him out, then back in after his first price rise. Thought it was a bit of a gamble but seems to be paying off!

I’d be a lot happier if I had fielded him instead of Kyle Martin this week though!

2. Jared

June 30, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Prestia

• inthefog

June 30, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Prestia would surely win it if he was in more teams. Probably deserves a nomination over Gibbs and Watson.

• Blue boys

July 1, 2013 at 11:03 am

Prestia would have been my choice, had him as captain in my Ultimate footy side. Very happy with a score of 2091 in that, strange that it almost beat my DT score of 2129.

3. Firestarter221

July 1, 2013 at 12:06 am

Similar to Prestia, Tom Liberatore went boom this week with a massive 144, finally vindicating my decision to hold him for the last 10 weeks and helping me in winning me one of my leagues by 6 points in the process! I’m yet to see a single other comment on here about him suggesting I may be one of a very select number of coaches celebrating this score.

4. SLAVE

July 1, 2013 at 2:44 am

Prestia deserves the nod this week, the guy has a 100+ avg and has scored almost as many points in total as Stanton….
    (and a lot more than Steveie J too)

• D Day

July 1, 2013 at 10:23 am

Yea but Stevie J has missed a lot of weeks so that stat is irrelevant.
      In saying that, Prestia is a gun and will be very DT relevant in coming years (if he isnt already).

5. Ben

July 1, 2013 at 9:19 am

I went Gibbs mostly because I think 119 in the wettest game of the season is rediculous!!! Also, was a solo shining light in my woeful backline.

6. Stuart

Stuart

July 1, 2013 at 1:15 pm

So annoyed I didn’t take Watson’s 122, cost me my league match

7. Deztroyer

Deztroyer

July 1, 2013 at 4:07 pm

has to be laird, was on my bench with the (E) on him… vlas didnt play so got lairds nice 108 score…

maybe the stubby should go to vlas for not playing…

8. Dezza

July 2, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I have had three premo midfielders break their jaw this season (Murphy, Barlow, Boyd) along with Scott Selwood break his thumb the week I trade him in.