My Team

My Team: Round 12 (Bye Round #2)

One down, two to go! The first bye round didn’t treat us too badly, but things might be a little different this week. If you’re looking pretty good, make sure you’re thinking ahead to the carnage of the Round 13 byes. Here’s the post to discuss your team and your trades ahead of this week. Be sure to help others out with your opinion!

myteam_seasonDue to popular demand, here is a ‘My Team’ post where you can post your teams, discuss your trades and your decisions that you want help with from the DT Talk community.

This is in an attempt to help other readers and active users of DT Talk be able to enjoy articles written for this site – and for your entertainment – without comments just being all ‘Generation My” and just wanting help with their teams.

If you are wanting help with your team, then make sure you are joining in on the discussion with other coaches with theirs.

1. Jared

June 13, 2013 at 4:02 pm

What order to get in: Rockliff, Cox, Stokes and why??

• Roos_rule27

June 13, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Stokes, Rocky then Cox. Rocky and Stokes in their prime whereas Cox is ageing

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Totally agree

• Richard Noble

June 14, 2013 at 11:24 am

Hi can anyone help me do this trade in Dreamteam as it’s not allowing me.

I’m trading out a Midfielder,
      then moving a Ruck/Mid to Mid
      then moving a Forw/Ruck to Ruck
      then moving a Defender/Forw to Forward
      and trying to trade a Defender in.

The pricing is Ok but it doesn’t give me these options in trade Wiz.
      HELP!!

• qwert

June 14, 2013 at 4:31 pm

rockliff, stokes, cox

2. MASTER ROGO

June 13, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Are these some good trades? Terlich to Duffield and Evans to Hrovat. this leaves me with 400k for next week.

• Shags

June 13, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Yes they are good

• qwert

June 14, 2013 at 4:33 pm

does the pope rape little kids?????

3. Ethan Powell

June 13, 2013 at 4:50 pm

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Hanley, Scotland, Gibbs, Colquhoun (Thurlow, Terlich)
    MID: GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Waston, Priddis, O’Meara, Vlaustin, Crouch (T.Mitchell, Hutchings)
    RUC: Kreuzer, Rowe (Cox, Daw)
    FWD: Martin, Rocky, Robinson, Buddy, Macaffer, B.Kennedy (SJ, JJK)

Trades:
    Want to go:
    Rowe – Nicholls
    Dont know what next.
    Robinson out? Scotland Out?
    NEED HELP
    COMMENT PLS :)

4. Deeyon

June 13, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Any point waiting for Blicavs to make another jump in price ? Or should I trade Nicholls for him this week (as opposed to Currie) and take the 170,000

• Seamus

June 13, 2013 at 7:00 pm

blicavs BE is still negative so id keep him for a couple more weeks. he should get to ~$330000 if he gets 70’s which is quite reasonable to expect

5. Tyler

June 13, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Good trades
    Dwyer to daniher
    Terlich to birchall
    Leaves me with over 100k to upgrade laird next week to avoid a doughnut

6. Elliott Dwyer-Long

Elliott Dwyer-Long

June 13, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I traded in Hrovat this week…Anyone know of his chances of playing? I can reverse trades, but who to swap in…I have rowe and frost to name a few.

• Tyler

June 13, 2013 at 6:52 pm

hrovat will play,has good js in a bulldogs lineup looking to rebuild

7. Jared

June 13, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Who’s the best defender to downgrade to from Crouch using Goodes as DPP?

• Jared

June 13, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Bye round 11 or 12. Staker the best option with JS?

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Staker

8. bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Cornes and Barlow in, Matt Jones and Evans out are my trades.

Thoughts?

• Salts

June 13, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Good trades, I am considering kornes next week and should smash it against GWS.

9. Matt

June 13, 2013 at 7:57 pm

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Birchall, Terlich, Vlastuin (Thurlow, Stevenson)
    MID: Ablett, Swan, Pendelbury, Barlow, Fyfe, T. Mitchell, O’meara, Priddis (Crouch,Evans)
    RUC: Cox, Nicholls (Currie, Blicavs)
    FWD: Johnson, Bartel, Kennedy, Martin, Rockliff, Macaffer, (Neade, Staker)

Cash left $485,000

Thinking of going stevenson to Ibbotson and Crouch to ??

Thoughts appreciated

10. Salts

June 13, 2013 at 7:58 pm

TEAM NAME: Moves Like Jaeger
    DEF: B. Goddard, D. Heppell, N. Malceski, B. Gibbs, N. Vlaustin, D. Terlich (J. Pittard, J. Thurlow)
    MID: G. Ablett, D. Swan, J. Watson, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, A. Swallow, J. O’Meara (B. Crouch, N. Hrovat)
    RUC: D. Cox, J. Roughead (S. Rowe, M. Blicavs)
    FWD: L. Franklin, J. Bartel, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, A. Christensen, J. Kennedy (B. Macaffer, B. Staker)
    CASH LEFT: $2,000

Would love some thoughts on what trades I should do this week. Was going to go Blicavs to Nichols, but not sure what the other trade should be as I am not looking good for round 13. I was considering going Terlich to Hanley and hope that pittard plays next week so that I can field 18.

11. Adam

June 13, 2013 at 7:59 pm

DEF: goddard, heppell, birchall, hartlett, gibbs, vlastuin (terlich, thurlow)

MID: ablett, swan, pendles, stanton, barlow, o’meara, crouch, hrovat (priddis, mitchell)

RUCK: kreuzer, rowe (cox, blicavs)

FWD: bartel, martin, rockliff, mcaffer, dwyer, staker (johnson, kennedy)

Have 17 definite starters with hrovat, dwyer likey starters making it 19. Also pretty sure im going to go rowe > nicholls as my first trade this week giving me 20 likely starters for this week unless anyone can suggest a better trade for me.

I’m stuck what to do with my second trade this week and would appreciate any suggestions or thoughts. I should have 17 starters next week not including any trades this week. Have a big rivalry match next week against my cousin and wouldnt mind knocking him off.

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Rowe > Nicholls is good, I recommend upgrading Crouch.

• Adam

June 13, 2013 at 8:12 pm

yee was my thoughts too. wat do you think of going rowe > nicholls and crouch > ellis (via a defender dpp)?

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Yep! :)

12. Lachie

June 13, 2013 at 8:02 pm

WHICH RUCK TO BRING IN ??

MINSON OR ROUGHHEAD??

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Minson

13. Joshua

June 13, 2013 at 8:02 pm

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Hanley, Birchall, Gibbs, Vlaustin (*Terlich, *Thurlow)
    MID: GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Waston, Moloney, O’Meara, Neade, *Evans (*T.Mitchell, *Priddis)
    RUC: Kreuzer, Leuenberger (Cox, Gawn)
    FWD: Martin, Rocky, Staker, Dwyer, Macaffer, *Bartel (*SJ, *JJK)

$224,800

I’m stuck.

Moloney > Barlow/Ellis with Vlaustin MID via DPP?
    Leuenberger/Neade > Nicholls with Cox FWD via DPP?

1) Do you think Ellis will be the sub? If so I will go Barlow, but if not, Ellis’s price rise is too tempting.
    2) Is it wise to keep Leuey in the ruck or will Nicholls give pretty much the same results. Leuey has a pretty high BE, coming off injury and starting at FF, but leaves me with 17 players. On that note, if Nicholls is my emergency in the ruck, do I get his points or only if one of Kreuzer or Leuey don’t play?

Thanks.

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Moloney > Barlow and Leuenberger > Nicholls

• stimpy

June 13, 2013 at 8:30 pm

agree

14. stimpy

June 13, 2013 at 8:08 pm

trades Dixon out ellis in…omeara out barlow in….think barlow is a must,he will become untouchable in th coming weeks

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Nice trades, stick with em :)

What do you think of mine, Evans and Matt Jones out and Barlow and Cornes in

• stimpy

June 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm

yeah nice,good trades…my midfield atm,swan pendle,ablett,watson,barlow,Smitchell,cotchin,Tmitchell(evans,priddis)…

15. gZa

June 13, 2013 at 8:08 pm

leuy named to play to upgrade him still or trade elsewhere

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Upgrade

• gZa

June 13, 2013 at 8:17 pm

im thinking minson for sure but im also thinking leuy will dominate clarke and hannath this w.e

16. Pinochio

June 13, 2013 at 8:13 pm

With berger being named, it opens up other options for me as im not gonna trade him lol

keeping in mind my rd 13 is on shaky ground

evans/naismith (my 89ker ruck lol, NEVER thought id trade him) > barlow/nicholls
    evans/blicavs (do i really need 2 bench rucks, like wtf lol) > barlow/nicholls
    jjk/terlich > barlow/duffman < gets me instant points!! who knows jjk may not even play next week :/

just unsure if i need nicholls with cos/berger/blitz….how important is he lolz ??

thoughts would be appreciated

• Cody Brown

June 13, 2013 at 8:28 pm

which player should i trade out from these and to which premium as i have 1 million
      hutchins def
      whitfield mid
      wines mid
      mayes forw
      please help and comment

17. Matt

June 13, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I.have $283,400 in bank and want to trade crouch. Who should I get?

• Cody Brown

June 13, 2013 at 8:45 pm

barlow

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 8:48 pm

• Seamus

June 13, 2013 at 10:13 pm

he cant get barlow for that money. id go martin or boyd.

18. Ryan

June 13, 2013 at 8:56 pm

What are the chances of hrovat being sub? Should i reverse changes and get another rook that has had another rnd11 bye if their is any?

• bomber_tom

June 13, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I say 3/1 on him being the sub.

• Ryan

June 13, 2013 at 9:24 pm

3/1?

• Jason

June 13, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I don’t reckon he’ll be the sub because he isn’t that type and the Bulldogs would want to be trying to get as much game time as possible into him. Hrovat is more of a contested ball king type rather than a player who can break the lines.

19. Billy

June 13, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Goddard, Birchall, Gibbs, Ellis, Vlastuin, Staker (Terlich, Thurlow)
    Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Watson, Danger, Omeara, Fyfe, Goodes (Mitchell, Martin)
    Burger, Nicholls (Cox, Blicavs)
    Bartel, Martin, Rockliff, Buddy, Macaffer, Rowe (Kennedy, LeCras)

Trades made: Ohailpin-nicholls, Evans-Martin

gday guys just need a quick hand in deciding trades this week. Like a lot of ooaches i have reversed the trade of Burger to Nicholls. instead i opted for ohailpin to nicholls for some cash generation later on while holding onto a low break even blicavs and back early from injury burger.

double downgrading this week frees up $300k for barlow next week

any thoughts would be much appreciated! thanks guys!

• Billy

June 13, 2013 at 9:43 pm

martin or hrovat was my question!

• inthefog

June 13, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I’d imagine Hrovat has more JS. I prefer my rookies to be playing for bottom teams.

20. Deeyon

June 13, 2013 at 10:25 pm

As a Richmond supporter I really don’t think Ellis would play this week if they were going to give him the vest.

With that in mind;

I went Blicavs > Nicholls

Pittard > Ellis

I have reluctantly missed out on Hrovat, but I think Ellis and he should make the same amount of money this week and Ellis will be one of my best 6 defenders for the rest of the season I would imagine.

Any thoughts are super appreciated

21. Thomas

June 13, 2013 at 10:43 pm

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Scotland, Vlastuin, Goodes. (Terlich, Thurlow.)

MID: Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Stanton, O’Meara, Neade, Crouch, Hrovat. (Swallow, Priddis.)

RUC: Roughead, Rowe. (Cox, Blicavs.)

FOR: Rockliff, Martin, Franklin, Macaffer, Staker. (Kennedy, Stevie J, Bartel.)

$158,300 Remaining. Thoughts? Thinking JJK-Nicholls via Rowe and O’Meara Barlow. Next week Crouch/Scotland out and Tichell/Hanley in.

22. Brayden

June 13, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Thoughts on T.McKenzie?
    Scores of (112,80,82,81,75,85,114)
    Only in 2.84% of teams! and priced at $392 900
    Good trade for Terlich/Vlastuin next week or the week after?

• Thomas

June 13, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Shhhhh

• Deeyon

June 13, 2013 at 10:59 pm

He’s a good option bud, no two ways about it

23. Charlie Sheen

June 13, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Is it worth holding Viney and Pittard this week? Considering I already have 19 named, and they will come in handy if they play next week.

Current team =

DEF: Goddard, Heppel, Gibbs, Scotland, Goodes, (Terlich, Thurlow, Pittard)
    MID: Ablett, Swan, Watson, Stanton, Fyfe, O’Mera, Vlastuin (S.Selwood, Priddis, Viney)
    RUC: Roughead, Nicholls (Naitanui, Gawn)
    FWD: Martin, Franklin, Macaffer, Dwyer, Staker (Stevie J, Cox, JJK)

Can’t decide what to do..
    Hrovat will be coming in somehow, I’d like to get Martin also but think it will screw me over for round 13..
    Thinking Scotland>Ellis for my second trade but he might get the vest..

Any suggestions?

• Thomas

June 13, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Scotland-Hanley?

24. skink

June 14, 2013 at 5:53 am

Mild dilemma this week!

Do I go:

Option 1 – Gwilt to Boyd (via Gibbs DPP) and Evans to Minson (Blicavs DPP)

Option 2 – Gwilt to Boyd and Evans to Barlow

Both options I have the same number of players on the field this week and next. The latter will mean I have Cox / Nicholls as my best ruck combo though.

Advice much appreciated.

• qwert

June 14, 2013 at 4:30 pm

option 2
      barlow will score more then minson,nicholls will be gc suns primary ruck so he has a possibility of scoring well so having him as r2 isn’t to bad

25. Adam

June 14, 2013 at 10:11 am

DEF: goddard, heppell, birchall, hartlett, gibbs, vlastuin (terlich, thurlow)

RUCK: kreuzer, rowe (cox, blicavs)

FWD: bartel, martin, rockliff, mcaffer, dwyer, staker (johnson, kennedy)

rowe > nicholls

AND

crouch > boyd OR crouch > ellis (via a defender dpp)

or any other thoughts?

• Alec

June 14, 2013 at 10:37 am

crouch to boyd

26. Alec

June 14, 2013 at 10:39 am

should i go moloney to either buddy,breust,brian lake or hartlett

• Adam

June 14, 2013 at 12:53 pm

none if you can help it. if you have to get one id say buddy or hartlett

• qwert

June 14, 2013 at 4:26 pm

jackson fergurson is a better option the those players

27. Corey

June 14, 2013 at 11:35 am

when will we find out when the subs are for the GWS v Port game? deciding to trade between Whitfield and Crouch

• Adam

June 14, 2013 at 12:53 pm

about an hour before the game…so not before lockout.

28. qwert

June 14, 2013 at 4:24 pm

should i trade out robinson or scotland and who to?
    atm im thinking robinson–> rockliff

29. Lachie

June 14, 2013 at 6:32 pm

MINSON OR RYDER ????????? Please answer thanks

• ozzie95

June 14, 2013 at 7:02 pm

i reckon minson but krezuer isnt a bad option either for a cheaper price.

• Lachie

June 14, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Yeh got kruuzy already thanks :)

30. ozzie95

June 14, 2013 at 6:58 pm

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Hanley, Gibbs, Hartlett, Vlastuin (Thurlow, Frost)
    MID: Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Watson, Stanton, Priddis, O’Meara, T.Mitchell (Dwyer, Crouch)
    RUC: Cox, Kruezer (Blicavs, Rowe)
    FOR: Martin, S.Johnson, Cloke, Rockliff, Franklin, Macaffer (Mayes, Staker)

Thoughts on Mayes out, DDP Rowe to FOR then trade in Nicolls? Then second trade upgrade Dwyer to Barlow?

31. lloydy_94

June 14, 2013 at 7:19 pm

My Team:
    DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Birchell, C.Dixon, Vlastuin, L.Stevenson SUBS: *J.Thurlow, *J.Webster

MIDS: D.Swan, G.Ablett, T.Cotchin, N.Fyfe, P.Dangerfield, J.O’Meara, N.Kommer, *T.Mitchell SUBS: *K.Jack, *M.Evans

RUCKS: *D.Cox, T.Nicholls SUBS: *M.Blicavs, *D.Currie

FWDS: *S.Johnson, *J.Bartel, L.Franklin, Rockliff, B.Macaffer, Staker SUBS: *J.Kennedy, S.Rowe

$534,000 in the bank

*Players with bye this week

I have 17 players available to play.

I was going to trade in Hrovat but hes not playing, so these are my trade thoughts.

Dixon to Duffield

For my second trade i either upgrade again and go Evans to Barlow or i downgrade Evans, but i’m not sure who would downgrade to. other option is i trade someone else. if i go Evans to Barlow it would leave me between $150,00 – $200,000 in the bank. Again not sure where to downgrade if i decide to do that to get cash and than trade barlow in nxt week.

Thoughts on my team and trades?? anyother trade thoughts??

32. Lachie

June 14, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Hartlett or B. Goodes ???

Please thanks

33. LEWZA!!!

June 14, 2013 at 7:23 pm

would it matter if I held on to daw?
    And is it worth getting franklin this week?

34. LEWZA!!!

June 14, 2013 at 7:32 pm

trade out jjk or reiwoldt?