My Team

My Team – Round 11 (Bye Round #1)

…annnnddddd they’re here! The byes! Oh boy, oh boy! The pretty little blue dots will help you work out who’s playing. Remember to sub them onto your bench first as your Best 18 has to come from on field players. This is important. Alright, let’s discuss structure and your trading plans in My Team for Round 11.

myteam_seasonDue to popular demand, here is a ‘My Team’ post where you can post your teams, discuss your trades and your decisions that you want help with from the DT Talk community.

This is in an attempt to help other readers and active users of DT Talk be able to enjoy articles written for this site – and for your entertainment – without comments just being all ‘Generation My” and just wanting help with their teams.

If you are wanting help with your team, then make sure you are joining in on the discussion with other coaches with theirs.

1. Adam

June 6, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Which two of Moloney, Lonergan, Evans or Jones to trade out

Which two of Hrovat, Mitchell and Martin to bring in.

I have 18 playing so I’m thinking Evans/Jones for Martin/Mitchell since to prevent there price drop and then next week hopefully bring in Hrovat for Moloney upgrade Lonergan to someone with a rnd 11 bye

2. Rhys Keane

June 6, 2013 at 7:45 pm

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Hartlett, Gibbs, Goodes, Vlastuin (Terlich, Stevensen)
    MID: Ablett, Swan, Watson, Dangerfield, Priddis, O’Meara, Moloney, Ball (Crouch, Lonergan)
    RUC: Cox, Blicavs (Leuey, Sinclair)
    FWD: Bartel, Kennedy, Johnson, Franklin, Staker (Rockliff, Dwyer)

5k bank

Thinking of Leuey to either Vardy/Nicholls and Moloney to S.Selwood.

Thoughts or other ideas?

3. lloydy_94

June 6, 2013 at 8:02 pm

My Team:
    DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Birchell, Vlastuin, Thurlow, Webster SUBS: Dixon, Stevenson

MIDS: D.Swan, G.Ablett, T.Cotchin, K.Jack, N.Fyfe, P.Dangerfield, J.O’Meara, M.Evans SUBS: N.Kommer, J.Lonergan

RUCKS: D.Cox, M.Leuenberger SUBS: M.Blicavs, D.Currie

FWDS: S.Johnson, J.Bartel,J.Kennedy, L.Franklin, B.Macaffer, Staker SUBS: Rockliff, S.Rowe

$203,500 in the bank

Byes:
    RD 11: 21 Players maximum can play. most likely 17 will play. Lonergan and Currie injured and Rowe doubt will play. Also Thurlow is added into most likley to play, i would think he would wouldnt he?

RD 12: 20 players can play but with injuries, omissions and also the trades i make its hard to predict how many ill have.

RD 13: 19 players can play but same explanation for round 12.

My Overall ranking in round 4 was in the 8,000s and now i’ve gone to 36,078, just shows how rookie low scores and injuries can hit you :/

I guess its safe to say that league wins is the way to go than going for overall ranking..?

This week i have 4 players on the field not playing and havent got enough cover for them which means i have to trade. Not sure who trade out Rowe or Lonergan and Blicavs or Leuenberger. If i trade Lonergan i would bring in Tom Mitchell. i need to get rid of Rowe but still unsure who to bring in for him.

Thoughts on my team and trade suggestions??

• kenjo

June 6, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Rowe to Nichols from GC or Grimley from Hawks, both ruck rookies on the bubble

• kenjo

June 6, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Scratch that downgrade Leuy instead

4. Jack

Jack

June 6, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Who do u think will be better at seasons end stanton or jack

• tom

June 6, 2013 at 10:19 pm

This is the 100th time u have asked this question

5. kenjo

June 6, 2013 at 8:47 pm

DEF: Goddard Heppell Gibbs Scotland Hartlett Vlastuin (Terlich Laird)
    MID: Ablett Swan Stanton Pendles Watson Jelwood Priddis O’Meara (Crouch Kommer)
    RUC: Cox Roughead (Rowe Currie)
    FWD: Stevie J Rockliff Kennedy Zorko Franklin Caff (Staker Kennedy)

This week I’m trading Kommer to Hrovat and Rowe to Nichols, leaving me with 230k for next to go O’Meara to Barlow/Kornes/Cotchin and Laird to Birchall. If everything goes to plan, Crouch will become Mitchell and with 100k could upgrade Caff/Staker/Kennedy to someone before rd13. I should have 18 minimum playing through the byes, and ranked in the 2000’s, could see this team breaking into the top 1k.

6. Tom

June 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Hibberd or Heppell?

Stuart

June 7, 2013 at 11:28 am

i’m going Hibberd

7. TwobeeMee

June 6, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Jolly or Kreuz or Minson?

• Jason

June 6, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I would go with Jolly. Remember this year he has scored a sub affected -1 and without that he has an average of 96, better than any ruckmen in the league

• tom

June 6, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Minson has been most consistent

• Eagleing

June 6, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Definitely Minson if you can afford him. Very underrated, would be a great POD.

8. Damien Wellington

June 6, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Who Should i bring in Scott Selwood or Brent Stanton

• tom

June 6, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Stants

9. tom

June 6, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Bring in swan and mummy or Stanton and kruz ?

• Derek

June 6, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Swan and Jacobs? Jacobs has been crap, and he’s still been better than Mummy

• Eagleing

June 6, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Stanton and Kreuzer other both options.

• Eagleing

June 6, 2013 at 11:15 pm

*over

10. Derek

June 6, 2013 at 10:29 pm

DEF: Goddard – Gibbs – Heppell – Hartlett – Scotland – Laird (Thurlow – Pittard)
    MID: Swan – Pendlebury – S.Selwood – Stanton – Watson – Mitchell – Swallow – Cotchin (Kennedy – Viney)
    RUC: Cox – Blicavs (Nicholls – Currie)
    FWD: Bartel – Martin – Stevie J – Franklin – Rockliff – Kennedy (Staker – Lee)

$12k left

Thoughts/comments much appreciated!
    Leuey > Nicholls and Kommer > S.Selwood

• Jason

June 6, 2013 at 10:52 pm

that’s a great team. Just remember that the Blitz is being rested this round so you’ve got to have faith on having Nicholls on the field. Also you probably should try and get Gaz in as he’s the best captain option just about week in week out.

• Derek

June 6, 2013 at 10:55 pm

yeah Nicholls will just have to do for now. I’ll be getting rid of Cotchin soon for Gaz, just in need of some $$$!

11. Jack

Jack

June 6, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Should u go for stanton and have 18 + 2 trades in round 13 or go for jack and have 19 + 2 trades I’m round 13

• tom

June 7, 2013 at 12:22 am

Dude what does ur gut say cos u have asked this 100s of times now and obviously haven’t listened to any 1 , trust your gut here !
      Actually f**k it bring in neither go pendulbry

12. Jared

June 6, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Nic Nat or Vardy?

• Eagleing

June 6, 2013 at 11:42 pm

In isolation, a pointless question. Obviously Naitanui. It just depends what the extra $220k would go towards if you got Vardy because value for money wise, Vardy wins.

13. Danny

June 6, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Was in the position with 22 players this round to do something different, as my opp had 16 playing plus 2 trades. I traded out Evans and M Jones for Griffen and Hrovat, and hope my beat 18 are better than his 18, as i have a personal GF in round 12. Time will tell

14. Adam

June 6, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Team for Round 11:
    DEF: Goddard, Enright, Heppell, Gibbs, Terlich, Thurlow (Hanley, Vlastuin)
    MID: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Kennedy, O’Meara, Crouch, Evans (Saunders*, Barlow)
    RUC: Cox, Daw (Clarke, Blicavs)
    FWD: Bartel, Kennedy, Macaffer (Martin, Franklin, Rockliff, Staker, Mayes)
    = 19 playing

Thinking Daw > Nicholls – Make cash, can use for rounds 11 and 12.
    Also want to get rid of Mayes or Evans, possibly even Saunders as he is a roughie and might not get a regular gig.

Want to get Hrovat and T.Mitchell into my team.

Any help would be great!

• Lan T

June 7, 2013 at 12:43 am

I’m tossing up Daw > Nicholls too.
      I’d go Evans > T.Mitchell
      Evans has pretty much maxed out, whereas Mayes still has some upside (but he will drop in price first). I think you can afford to park Mayes as your F8, so his price drop won’t affect you really. Plus trading Evans means more money for next wk.

15. Lan T

June 7, 2013 at 12:37 am

I’m wondering why everyone is on the double downgrade this week. I can’t go past Stants this week, he has bottomed out! If I’m only going to get 1 rookie next wk (likely Hrovat) then I won’t need a double downgrade… will I?

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Scotland, Thurlow (Vlastuin, Goodes, Docherty)
    MID: GAJ, OINK, Pendles, Hannebery, JOM, Crouch, Kerridge, Moloney (Rockliff, Evans)
    RUC: Cox, Daw (Roughead, Rowe)
    FWD: SJ, Cloke, Cox, JJK, Macaffer (Buddy, Staker, Tom Lee)

I’m torn about whether to trade out Daw or Rowe for Nicholls this week. Do I cop Daw’s price drop vs. Rowe who is a triple bye 0?
    The 2nd problem is, if I go Rowe > Nicholls I can’t afford Moloney > Stanton!! Do I go,

Moloney > Stanton (giving me all 5 of Calvin’s Captains… score!)
    Daw > Nicholls
    with no cash left,
    or

Moloney > Ball
    Rowe > Nicholls

My bye structure is ok, I can get 1x R13 player over the byes.

Next wk, Evans and Kerridge out to Hrovat and a premo (or maybe Ellis)

• Jarrad

June 7, 2013 at 2:10 am

You are still going to want to maximise your available players in round 13 though, making Stanton just an extra hassle for when that time comes. You can’t just plan to have the bare 18 each week because there will always be injuries and omissions, so getting in another round 13 mid right now when you already have 6 is downright silly. The only reason I would do that was if I was only interested in league wins (therefore meaning I had given up on my overall position and had already been eliminated from the eliminator).

My suggested trades for you for this week would be Daw and Kerridge (who I believe is close to the highest price he will be all year) to Nicholls/Kreuzer and Tom Mitchell.

That ruck trade alone will mean that you will have 2 starters (depending on selection) in your ruck line each week for every round of the byes, meaning that you won’t need to trade out Rowe, and you won’t lose any cash on Daw. It will also give you the option of swapping Cox or Roughead in to your forward line later on in the season, because you will already have 2 other established rucks that will be able to take the on field positions.

As for your mids, you may not think that it’s a problem getting in another round 13 bye player right now, but trust me, you will look at your teams score after round 13 and wonder why you didn’t bother planning. That’s why you have to start chasing as many round 11 and 12 bye mids now, so you can avoid the hassle that you will otherwise have in round 13. There are still good prospects amongst the round 11 and 12 bye mids, with great players like Barlow, Scott Selwood and even Boyd (if he can get over his calf injury) all firmly within my top 8 midfielders come DT finals time.

Your next week trades look good, so if you make those (or similar) you should be ok. Also, guys like Tom Lee and Docherty should be on the chopping block because they are the type of players that will cause donuts since they may not get ‘any’ games, especially if you have any of your other players, who would otherwise be playing in that bye week, out with injuries or suspensions/omissions.

The more players you have each week, the better, but you need to you really try to have at least 18 each week. Also, make sure you have all of the players that are playing on your field, you don’t want to have 1 less player just because you forgot to sub them on to the ground (Evans on for Moloney in your team above for example).

• Lan T

June 7, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Took your advice, settled on

Daw > Nicholls
        Moloney > S.Selwood

I only regret not being able to afford Jack.
        Still looking at Evans + Kerridge > Hrovat + Ellis next week. Unless I can sneak in Barlow… Tom Mitchell for Rd 13

16. DELICIOUS!

June 7, 2013 at 2:57 am

DEF: Goddard, Hanley, Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin, Hartlett (Terlich, Thurlow)
    MID: GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Stanton, Deledio, S.Selwood O’Meara, Moloney (Evans, Neade)
    RUC: Cox, Roughead (Blicavs, Currie)
    FWD: Bartel, Martin, Kennedy, Stevie J, Rocky, MaCaffer (Staker Rowe)

Cash $3,300 Overall Rank 995

Thinking of Going Evans to Hrovat (easy game this week so happy to field donuts) but should i use my second trade on

1. Rowe to Nicholls
    2. Currie to Nicholls
    3. Blicavs to Nicholls

Help appreciated. Thanks

• Lachy

June 9, 2013 at 3:46 pm

rowe to nicholls

17. dario

June 7, 2013 at 5:02 am

Good morning all! would like some feedback and advice on my team and trade thoughts which have changed after teams last night.

DEF: Goddard, Hibberd, Gibbs, Heppell, Terlich, Thurlow(Vlastuin, Goodes)
    MID: GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Watson, Priddis, O’Meara, Evans, T.Mitchell (S. Mitchell, Moloney)
    RUC: Cox, Nicholls (Blicavs, Currie)
    FWD: Bartel, Martin, Kennedy, Stevie J, MaCaffer, Dwyer (Staker, Rocky)

My trades this week were Lonergan and Leunberger to Mitchell and Nicholls

salary cap: $501,600
    overal rank 403

was thinking for round 12 blicavs/currie to minson and Evans to hrovat
    then double upgrade in round 13, something like JOM to barlow/S.Selwood and dywer to riewoldt

let me know what you think, cheers

• dario

June 7, 2013 at 5:10 am

i meant moloney instead of evans

18. Jared

June 7, 2013 at 9:41 am

Nic Nat or Vardy

• bomber_tom

June 7, 2013 at 11:09 am

nic

19. bomber_tom

June 7, 2013 at 11:09 am

What would a team like this score this week lads? 1600? 1700?

Goddard, Terlich, Laird, Thurlow, Ablett (Captain), Swan, Pendlebury, Priddis, O’Meara, Matt Jones, Evans, Kyle Martin, Goldstein, Naitanui, Bartel, Stevie J, Cox, Kennedy

Barely 18 players and still in eliminator, should I bring in Premos for Jones/Evans etc?

Cheers lads!

Stuart

June 7, 2013 at 11:59 am

get assistant coach and it will tell you your projected score

20. Stuart

Stuart

June 7, 2013 at 11:41 am

DEF: Goddard, Hibberd, Scotland, Webster, Thurlow, Hanley* (Vlastuin*, Ellis*)
    MID: GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Swallow, Watson, Priddis, O’Meara, M.Jones (B.Goodes*, Viney)
    RUC: Cox, Gawn (Minson*, Rowe)
    FWD: Bartel, JJK, Cloke, Stevie J, MaCaffer, Rocky* (Staker*, Neade*)

Projected: 1856 from the 20 players

Trades were Wines>Hibberd & Mayes>Cloke, I have $123.6k in the bank to upgrade Jones to Barlow and make a downgrade to Hrovat next week.

Stuart

June 7, 2013 at 11:58 am

or gawn to nicholls and upgrade Jones as viney is expected to be back rd 13 and still has a negative breakeven. then rd 13 upgrade omeara or caff and get T.Mitchell somehow. Would be a shame to dump Omeara when he’s almost good for 90 each week

21. Deeyon

June 7, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Any reason why I shouldnt trade Mayes > Ben Kennedy.

Makes plenty of cash, is playing this with a low BE. Can pick up Hrovat and Mitchell in the coming weeks.

Makes sense right ?

22. lloydy_94

June 7, 2013 at 5:09 pm

My Team:

RUCKS: D.Cox, M.Leuenberger SUBS: M.Blicavs, D.Currie

$203,500 in the bank

Byes:

RD 13: 19 players can play but same explanation for round 12.

Thoughts on my team and trade suggestions?