The Game

AFL Fantasy is here for 2013

Woohoo! AFL Fantasy has been launched for 2013! A new sponsor, a slick makeover and a couple of new games are the exciting things we’ve noticed.

AFL Fantasy has just been launched for the 2013 season with the classic Dream Team game ready to go, but joined by AFL Fantasy Elite (draft game) and AFL Fantasy Match Day (mini-DT game).

Some videos to check out:

The big news to come out of the launch is that there is a new sponsor of the game… NAB (National Australia Bank). There is no word on prizes as yet. But surely being a bank, it’ll be back to cash, like the good old days!

The site has had a nice makeover – I am especially loving the player photos on the ground! They look awesome.

So anyway, what are you doing here? Start making your team!

TWITTER: @WarnieDT – chat to me about everything #AFLFantasy!

nabaflfantasydreamteam

nabaflfantasyelite

nabaflfantasymatchday

1. Dezza

February 1, 2013 at 12:08 am

Been looking forward to this for ages. Never complained about the two trades or any other changes.

However I’m not a fan of the player faces. Dunno. Think I preferred the coloured Guernsey/flag they had there before.

• Dezza

February 1, 2013 at 12:17 am

I mean when picking the team initially. I think in a way it was easier when they had the team colours instead of the player faces to find players because you could scroll down until you found the team colour you were interested in and then check the player.
      For example: When searching for rookies that are all the same price I would look at the team flag because I could identify with that instead of a small profile shot. Where as the faces mesh together a bit and make it tough.

• Goaled Finger

February 1, 2013 at 4:57 pm

My thoughts exactly.

2. Justin

February 1, 2013 at 12:08 am

Awkward Marc Murphy is awkward. The player headshots are a nice touch.

• Justin

February 1, 2013 at 12:19 am

Actually now I’ve seen it properly I agree with Dezza. Photos are horrible quality and the team colours are a must.

• Mumbles

February 1, 2013 at 1:37 am

Agreed. The faces are a waste of space and just make it harder to find players and see the structure of your team.

• Bandicoot

February 1, 2013 at 2:11 pm

It just seems that because something is new, everyone seems to make out what a wonderful idea it is – channel 7 a case in point with some of their ridiclous camera shots and angles.
          I agree with Dezza and Justin – team colours is a much easier way to find the players you are looking for. We don’t care what they look like.
          Maybe this has been done just for the girls – pick by looks (that would not be a first)

• Ray

February 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm

This is dreamteam – not love making! We don’t want to look at our players faces! We just want to use them for their dream team points then trade them out for someone better.

• GreenReddenBlacks

February 1, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Plus come bye time I don’t care who my players are I just care who they play for!

3. Strife

February 1, 2013 at 12:40 am

Just checking out Fantasy Elite.

Finals only available for top 8?? Who the hell came up with that? The maximum number of teams you can have is 12 – and 8 finalists there is already far too many. I want to set up a 10 team league and with only 2 teams eliminted from the finals, the whole season would be a farce.

I’m going to have to enter it without finals and then do a 2 game finals series manually.

Why don’t people use a bit of common sense before setting these things up?

4. Warnie

Warnie

February 1, 2013 at 12:44 am

Join our big group… prizes to be announced soon! http://t.co/wuNY6Rhy

5. Canon Eyes

February 1, 2013 at 2:10 am

A league for Saints vs Bombers fans. Declare your allegiance in the coaches box…and may the better man win.

League Code is 971918.

Carn the Saints!

6. Gutted Ewoks

February 1, 2013 at 3:01 am

Did you finish within the top 5000 last year? Join The Elite league… 561431

• JungleMuffin

February 1, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Were you in League X last year Gutted Ewoks? Would be good if we could get such a strong league together again.

• Gutted Ewoks

February 3, 2013 at 1:05 am

Indeed I was mate, sorry no notification came up when you replied? anyone else having this trouble? The league is full and I have no idea if any of the teams are good? Is there any way you can check last years team rankings? League X has been set up again.

7. SHAMM3R

February 1, 2013 at 11:20 am

Hey warn dawg when do leagues become available?
    Cheers!

• SHAMM3R

February 1, 2013 at 11:23 am

DT Talk leagues in meant :)

• Fraser Marshall

February 1, 2013 at 12:23 pm

• Aidan

February 1, 2013 at 3:25 pm

My DT VIC league has 7 spots left – 382583

8. TicTac

February 1, 2013 at 1:18 pm

For those who love their dream team, join my league, the code is 669412

9. JungleMuffin

February 1, 2013 at 2:41 pm

DREAM TEAM IS BACK, OOOOOH YEAH!

The changes are interesting, but who cares!

10. Aidan

February 1, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Any DTer’s that are either Eagles or Dockers Fans???
    if interested join this league:
    Eagles V Dockers
    The code is 353077.
    Support your Team.

11. OXnFOX

February 1, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Hello Dream Teamers,

If you are interested in playing a cash league ($55 or $110) then go to this Facebook group……..
    …and follow the instructions.

Cheers

..and Good Luck for the 2013 Season!

12. Killer Wasps

February 1, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Anyone else having trouble getting on the DT website through ipad or iphone? Cant see an app available yet either