Golden Stubby – Round 22
Ahh.. I would like to nominate most of my boys who got me over the line against Roy, but I can’t. From Twitter, the most popular suggestions (of quite a few… and a lot of worthy dudes missed out) were Andrew Swallow, Toby Greene, Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin and Ryan O’Keefe. Get your votes in now!
Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 22. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!
This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:
- Andrew Swallow (140). About time I hear some of you say! Swallow is here thanks to his 30 possession and 13 tackle performance. He has had a few big scores and with his low ownership, he was a ripper for those with him in preliminary finals!
- Toby Greene (109). If this guy can’t win the Rising Star, then we can get him up in the Golden Stubby. He has racked up countless touches and has really been the best midfielder to keep all year. Some massively important games over the last few weeks gets him the nomination. Champion!
- Trent Cotchin (145). What a champion The Cotch is?! He will win a Brownlow Medal for sure. He was a good inclusion for the rested Selwood and has been a great pick up for those who took the punt with him.
- Dustin Martin (119). A huge debate that went all over the net… who do I play as my 7th forward. This was VERY interesting and a lot of coaches benched Martin (I’ll put my hand up) but for those who left him on, he repaid the faith on Friday night.
- Ryan O’Keefe (142). 30 touches, 12 tackles and two goals was a brilliant return from the semi-unique MID/FWD. He has been one of the better trade ins over the latter part of the season.
Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 22
- Andrew Swallow (11%, 114 Votes)
- Toby Greene (13%, 138 Votes)
- Trent Cotchin (25%, 267 Votes)
- Dustin Martin (30%, 315 Votes)
- Ryan O'Keefe (22%, 230 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,064
Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board