DT TALK

Dane Swan suspended for two weeks

BREAKING NEWS: Terrible news for AFL Dream Team coaches (especially those without trades) this afternoon is that champion midfielder Dane Swan has been suspended by the club for two matches after a night out on the piss and consequently missing team curfew. So now… what are we going to do?

Click here to read “The Talking Point” for some ideas on what to do with Swanny.

1. MW

August 7, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Swan owner but strangely might work in my favour.

Opponent has the Pig too and I suspect 0 trades. Has no DPP and Neale / Clifton on his mid Bench !!!

Meanwhile my decision to hold Devon Smith before he went on this recent tear is looking better by the day! Chioce of Martin / Smith or Gibson to cover. Even if Robbo & Buddy miss I’ll be fielding a ful team.

• Tooves

August 7, 2012 at 6:48 pm

+1 Goodes into the mids from the forward bench or Gibson on. Was bringing in Boyd for Horse this week andyway.

2. adenyo

August 7, 2012 at 6:15 pm

now begs the question, boyd or pendles?

3. R.Swipe

August 7, 2012 at 6:17 pm

All I can say is…

BWWWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Reprobates

August 7, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Most important player in everybodies team….Gibson.

5. heskey>swan

August 7, 2012 at 6:24 pm

finally, justice is done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZGHOxnCto <- to all swan lovers

6. Megatron

August 7, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Have Goodes and Martin on the bench for either one to come in, so the blow won’t be as hard on me. But Swanny is irreplaceable.

7. swanlow36

August 7, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Thank god for Gibson.

8. mtooler

August 7, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Gibson your in mate, dig deep, this is your moment to shine. I would love an actual news reporter to interview Gibbo this week and convey the DT gravity of his next two matches andsee his reaction.

9. The x Factor

August 7, 2012 at 6:33 pm

top 4 in 4/5 leagues…. but if stants doesn’t play he’s gone for fyfe…….

if I lose too many of them…. swannys gone for cotchin next week….

10. PurpleArmy (aka Space Goats)

August 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm

everyone is saying ‘thank god for Gibson’ but the teams havent been named yet, May be rested against Bombers. Who knows….stranger things have happened in DT.

11. damianstone

August 7, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Ablett will be captain for everyone now. Even less points of difference for teams in week 1 of the finals.

12. Tooves

August 7, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Was going Horse to Boyd this week anyway. Looks like Gibson or Goodes will get an extra two weeks on the ground. Not the end of the world, I’m in the top 4 and doubt that my opponent will have cover as good as mine. Looking on the bright side :)

Got 5 trades left, so after I do Horse to Boyd so I will probably cash out Porps and use my last 3 trades to upgrade my ruck and bring in Beams for Boomer, Martin or Goodes.

13. Dash

August 7, 2012 at 6:44 pm

i dont have swan, thank god. unluckily only 3/5 opponents have him this week :(

• Jesse

August 7, 2012 at 8:05 pm

you must be doing well this year without him then

• Dash

August 8, 2012 at 1:13 am

not too bad i guess. top 2k is fine with me

14. Ike

August 7, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I need to decide between Gibbo and Zorko. Thinking Zorks but is a tough call… is anyone trading him out?

15. Noodles71

August 7, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I haven’t got Swan and I have 6 trades remaining. Luckily I held them hey!!!!

• JungleMuffin

August 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Holy f**k, are you saving trades so that you can stack them on for next year, or are you saving them for the pre season?

• Noodles71

August 8, 2012 at 5:56 pm

2 per final. I thought I had it covered but quite a few teams in my league dont even have Swan!

16. leetrevor81

August 7, 2012 at 6:57 pm

The positive of this situation, because Swan’s price is so high it means I can go Swan to Boyd, and go Lake to Waters

Before this I was looking at guys like Johnson and Birchall who have had form slumps and possibly wouldn’t be much of an improvement on Lake.

• Danger

August 7, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Decisions:

Swan > Pendlebury
      Lake > Waters

or

Swan > Ablett
      Lake > Suckling

17. Shazzam

August 7, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Sadly I am not surprised that this sort of shite has happened.

If you don’t like your hair. DT is the best way to get rid of it.

18. Chris

August 7, 2012 at 7:17 pm

does anyone know if jordan murdoch will get a game this week. if thats the case, then next week i can go horsley to docherty (for the link), then murdoch to fyfe. would you guys recommend that i trade to someone cheaper than docherty now as i have swan?

19. Lachy

August 7, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Have got a tough decision. I was thinking of gettin fyfe for trealor, and then having fyfe to cover robbo or franklin or on the field instead of martin. But now i could put fyfe in the mids for sexton and cover swan. But should i have Gibson or Fyfe on the field???

20. Craig

August 7, 2012 at 7:31 pm

if there was anything i could wish for this week it would be to have swan out

and what happen Swany you legend

• Randomdent

August 7, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Best possible result!

• Melmmer

August 7, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Love your work Dane

• heskey>swan

August 7, 2012 at 9:20 pm

he finally does something lad :’)

21. The x Factor

August 7, 2012 at 7:42 pm

gibbo… this is your time to have a bad week! :)

22. rossles26

August 7, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Bright side is that’s 40 possessions to be split between Pendles, Sidey and Beams. Glad I planned to have another premo in the mids for cover now, saves me a trade.

23. Chris

August 7, 2012 at 8:02 pm

should i a) wait for jordan murdoch to get a game so i can go horsley to docherty (for the dpp link) and then murdoch to fyfe
    or b) get some other def/mid in so i can get rid of murdoch and put in fyfe this week as i have swan

i am 30k short of doing the trade and these are my 2 last trades but will mean i have decent cover as there is a fwd and def dpp in the midfield

24. And_lovingit

August 7, 2012 at 8:07 pm

3 trades left.
    Sitting 5-8 in all my leagues.
    Swan to Murphy/Harvey.
    Darley to Scotland.
    Next week.
    Hanley to Waters.

Leaves me no trades but a finished side with bench coverage on all lines.
    Good trades/bad trades??

25. DaTBird187

August 7, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I tell you what there is seriously a large bunch of Knobs on this site.

“Derr I’m so cool I don’t have Swan”

Where were you all when he was pumping out the 150+’s?

I’ll tell you where…biting the pillow.

• timmyd

August 7, 2012 at 10:07 pm

But now we are at an advantage and not trading. Ahhh so relaxed, finals time

• Gazinator

August 8, 2012 at 11:11 am

“Don’t have Swan, now its time for me to surge from the depths of ranks sub 70,000.”

If you didnt have Swan, you are an idiot. But if you do have Swan without trades or cover, you’re an idiot.

26. And_lovingit

August 7, 2012 at 8:11 pm

‎3 trades left.
    Sitting 5-8 in all my leagues.
    This week Swan to Murphy/Harvey, Darley to Scotland.
    Next week Hanley to Waters.
    Leaves me with no trades left but a full side with ok bench coverage. Ellis, S Shaw, Gibson, couch, N Riewoldt, T Adams. Good trades/bad trades??

27. Sammy J

August 7, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Brilliant news for those (like myself) who have been stupid enough not to have the champ!

• Gazinator

August 8, 2012 at 11:12 am

+1 this man, honest and lucky.

28. Evo

August 7, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Team as it stands is:

DEF: Deledio; scotland; goddard; birchall; heppel; H shaw carrots (s Shaw; Darley)

Mid: Boyd; SWAN; Ablett; Thompson; Mitchell; Pendles; (gibson, A Kennedy (LOL))

Ruck: Cox, Maric (redden, campbell)

FWDs Beams; sidebottom; dangerfield; johnson; Whitecross Franklin; Zorko (martin, Hall)

2 trades; $146,500

Instead of trading Swan out this week; I was thinking of going hall –> fyfe; leaving me with fyfe to cover while swan is out.

However, if Franklin comes back I can cover swan with martin; but this leaves me with only kennedy and hall as emgs (unless i play gibbo over martin).
    Normally I wouldn’t trade, but being able to do hall to fyfe as cover will put me in good stead; but then if i have a full fwd line I would have to bench two out of whitex, zorko, martin, danger, fyfe and I dont trust myself to make the correct call each week, and may end up being a waste of a precious trade.

I have $900 left after trading to fyfe this week, so won’t be able to after this round.

I would love some feedback on this fellows. Is there anything I haven’t considered?

PS I’m going for ranking mainly; but league win(s) would be nice too!

29. JungleMuffin

August 7, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Got the new tagline boys…….

No Trades?

No Swan?

No Worries…….

30. Reprobates

August 7, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Porps to Fyfe, Fyfe to mid field, Swan to bench…

Swan to Beams

Swan to bench..play Gibson

Will Buddy/Robinson play…

• Lachy

August 7, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Doing what your doing with props but with Trelaor to cover Swanny

31. MrCharisma

August 7, 2012 at 9:34 pm

This is ridiculous. Not playing this next year if they don’t make some changes

32. dools

August 8, 2012 at 1:05 am

Anyone who doesn’t have swanny by this stage of the year quite simply shouldn’t be playing the game! The fact that all you plebs are boasting about not having him like you’ve pulled off some statistical stroke of genius accentuates your idiocy.
    Remember the aussie speed skater who won gold because all the far more skillful skaters all slipped over, well that dude ain’t a champions backside! and you guys should consider yourself lucky YES but skillful… not for sh*t!!

• pies2012

August 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Excuse me! I dont think that attitude is necessary. I dont have swan. HOW LUCKY AM I LOL!!! while u have to waste a trade, I get to go: PORPS>STEVIE J….. LEGENDARY!

• dools

August 8, 2012 at 2:19 pm

you don’t have swan and you still have porps playing in your forward line… point proven :P

33. pcuz

August 8, 2012 at 11:17 am

gibson or goodes

• BoroFC

August 8, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I have the same dilemma pcuz. I think I will be playing Gibson over Goodes. Goodes has been struggling a little since returning from injury. Gibson has shown he has the ability to pump out some decent numbers.

• falcons

August 8, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Would very interested in peoples thoughts.

Gibson or Dustin Martin on the field?

Martin playing against WB should score well… though he has only broke 100 three times this year…gibson 3 times in 8 games and appears to be in good DT form.

• BoroFC

August 8, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I reckon you would have to give Gibson a crack over Martin. So annoyed i have to play Gibson in place of Swanny this weekend. Gibson has shown he can pump out a 130. The few times Martin has racked up 100 point scores, they have only been just over the 100 mark.