Golden Stubby – Round 18
Vote now in the Golden Stubby for Round 18. Which player floated your boat this week? Choose from Sam Gibson, Adam Treloar, Jonathon Giles, Brendon Goddard and Beau Waters for this coveted prize! We’ll be announcing the winner on DT TALK Live this week. Tune in from 7:30pm on Thursday evening.
Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 18. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!
This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:
- Sam Gibson (133). What a massive score. We knew he had it in him being the mature age pick who was averaging big numbers in the VFL, but this was great – and in a time of need with a few big guns out.
- Adam Treloar (121). Handy score this week for those who had him playing. If he is in your squad and wasn’t playing on your ground, you were very unlucky to have a full squad to not take advantage of this score. Backs up from his nice 108 from last week when he was widely used.
- Jonathon Giles (118). Probably shouldn’t get much of a mention after the last few weeks, but a few tweeted him in! Whether he was coming off the bench for a late out in Jacobs or you gave him ‘one more week’ because he was playing a Jolly-less Magpies, he repaid some faith!
- Brendon Goddard (120). In his 200th he finally stepped up after a suspension and some pretty awful scores. He is owned by a lot of us, but he was another that helped us get some big scores this week.
- Beau Waters (124). Did you hold him? Damn… that 3-5 week injury report is killing a few of us who traded him out right about now. Awesome score and will now be a POD for the finals!
Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 18
- Sam Gibson (38%, 606 Votes)
- Adam Treloar (19%, 299 Votes)
- Jonathon Giles (18%, 285 Votes)
- Brendon Goddard (14%, 218 Votes)
- Beau Waters (12%, 193 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,601
Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board!