DT TALK

The Sunday Evening knee-jerk – Round 17 edition.

Remember back in the day when I introduced the notion of the Friday night captain curse? It was all about not having a Friday night captain because when it goes bad your whole weekend is ruined…. Well I have found one worse thing; When your actual AFL team gets mauled on a Friday night. The weekend is worse than ruined, you have to live like a hermit for 2 days! Can’t pick up a newspaper cause there’s stories about it,  can’t watch TV cause you might catch some highlights, can’t look at your phone because every arsehole is texting about it. Then you think its all over on Monday right? Wrong! Then you have to run the work gauntlet…. every clown saying.. “what happened to the bombers?” .. blah blah. So anyway I’m right in the middle of a down footy patch right now so excuse the knee-jerks shortness this week… I just can’t raise the motivation. Blame the Bombers!

The Legend

Obviously when a guy scores 165 he is going to be a little hard to top for legend, but what does it say about Dane Swans qualities as a footballer when 31 kicks and 18 handballs isn’t enough to stop the opposition winning by 50 odd points? I guess it means he is first and foremost a DT’er, just gets a lot of  non-damaging possessions which rack up DT score but don’t effect the game so much. If there is a bitter hint to this blame the fact that i don’t own him… yet… Doh! If we look at Gary Ablett (143) in comparison, his 20 kicks and 17 handballs were added to 8 tackles, here is a guy that can nearly win a game for his team single handedly! Don’t worry though, if i owned Swan like the rest of you I would love him and be singing his praises every week… I’m just a bitter man. Either way, I’ll give them both dual legend status this week.

The Sunday Chop

This will be short and sweet…. I gave him the ultimatum last week….. I gave him ONE.     LAST.    CHANCE….and he fluffed it. Travis Cloke (37) the comedy festival was months ago, why you still performing the same old jokes? 37? really? That sh*t wasn’t funny the first time man! You scored the same amount of points that Dustin Fletcher has lived years… for the record Fletcher scored 72 this week.  A 37 year old doubled your score…. this is a sad state of affairs, I don’t care.. we are over. See that bench over there? Get yourself a texta and write your name on it, cause that chair has your name on it from now til the end of this year.

The Clown

I got in the car Saturday night and turned the footy on, I swear i thought I was listening to a sheffield shield game being played in front of 15 people! I could hear every single voice in the crowd.. the thumping echo of the ball when the players kicked… I love a game in Darwin! I mainly love it because its so hot and sweaty up there that the game generally descends into a session of full ground circle work. This worked out great for Grimes (135) who just sat there on his wing marking and kicking the ball on as the ball came by circle work style, but I’m sure the humid Darwin air wasn’t doing Dermie any favours… did you see his hair? flat, limp, lifeless! But the thing that really caught my eye as being clown worthy, was Lyndon Dunns(82) Moustache… what is that thing??? Very disturbing piece of facial kit right there. Actually while on the topic of clowns, does anyone  think that spot fixing still exists in the game? I’m not naming any names but did anyone see the same, little bald umpire pay Geelong 3 dubious free kicks in a row from the wing to the forward pocket gifting Hawkins(99) a goal? I called him a clown at the time (with a few expletives added) and i stand by it! He single handedly constructed that goal by himself.

The this game sh*ts me

I was looking forward to a nice day in front of the DT stats today, had a few to drink last night so i could think of nothing better than sitting my arse on that couch! I took the big risk and Made Deledio captain… So you can imagine my horror when missus said “We are going to Ikea today” oh please.. for the love of god.. nooooooo. So i trudged through that Swedish hell hole for 4 hours…. lost in a maze of flat pack fake homliness.. but also in a place where my phone wouldn’t connect to the internet. How was my captain choice going? How was my team going? Was Goddard doing well first game back?.. Martin? so many questions. The only thing i really had to look forward to was my 99c hotdog (to validate the parking of course). I eventually made it out of flat pack hell alive complete with new tomato sauce & mustard stain on my t-shirt, got into the car, checked the phone.. noooooo Goddard scored 76, Martin 92 and my super duper captain choice who was supposed to devastate all those Swan 165ers … scored 103.. and thanks to this little day i lost my money league game by 5

And that’s why Ikea sh*ts me.

The other bits and pieces

For those of you out there that love a bit of Fantasy Premier League in the off season… it has just opened up again for another year, again i’ll be having a knee-jerkers league, if anybody is keen the code is 29577-28213.

I have also just started a webpage similar to the now famous DTtalk… called FPLaddicts for any  FPL addicts out there who fancy some tips and advice or just a bit of friendly banter! We will be having articles written by a lot of folks that frequent this place so it will feel pretty familiar. Hopefully it gives the addicts their fix, and the bored DT’er something to do in the off season. The URL is fpladdicts.com Remember its only just started so stick with us!

Anyway that’s about it then for this shortened set of post round musings. Was a tough week for some, with a few donuts around the place but i’m sure captain Swan wallpapered over a lot of cracks. I’ve scored 2150  and am moderately happy, best I could hope for with no Swan and Cloke spudding it up, might be close to par? How about you, happy with your score? Any legends, clowns, chops or angry thoughts to get out? Do it now before we get serious again in time for the bullets.

Hit me up with any thoughts on twitter @adzman78

1. Adam

July 22, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I have 434000 for a ruckman to replace giles. Who should it be?

• Your Hero

July 22, 2012 at 7:44 pm

anyone who you can get.. Giles has been a disgrace lately..

• blackandwhitenoise

July 22, 2012 at 8:27 pm

go for coxy always reliable and always rises to the occasion, good stamina.

• Stuie

July 22, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Almost the exact same scenario over here – 434k with 2 trades but Giles HAS to go…

2. Your Hero

July 22, 2012 at 7:43 pm

second yeoww

3. nado66

July 22, 2012 at 8:00 pm

when your a draw with 2nd on the ladder and Jon ‘the f**king ugly ranga’ Giles goes to handball the ball with 3 seconds remaining to put you up by 2 and win the game but instead of handballing the f**king football he throws it and gives away 3 points to make you lose the game by those exact 3 points #FMDT #gilesisac**t

• We Got Big Cox

July 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm

hahaha, unlucky… but very very funny.

• adzman

July 22, 2012 at 8:22 pm

gold!!!

• Lukey85

July 22, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Oh man I feel for ya but thanks for sharing – that’s gold!

• BOOMER

July 22, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Giles also dropped an absolute sitter with about 5 mins left in the game, he couldn’t follow the dropped mark up and scored 0 from what should have been a certain 5 or 6.

• Daniel

July 22, 2012 at 10:27 pm

hahahah so unlucky, he dropped several easy marks

4. Matt

July 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm

got to look at Ant Miles with an 80 and a 90.
    Giles and Cloke on the choppin block

• BOOMER

July 22, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Cloke plays GWS next week, might crank out a huge score…food for thought.

• Vishnu27

July 23, 2012 at 12:14 am

Might, being the operative word in that sentence

• Vishnu27

July 23, 2012 at 12:15 am

he might get dropped too

• BOOMER

July 23, 2012 at 12:16 am

Agree, but it would sting if he cranked out 140 after being traded. ouch. :P

5. Green Ninja

July 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Good one Adzman……entertaining as always.

I am a fellow Dons man who had to cop sh1t from nth and 1 particular Hawks man giving it to me all during the game. They were that biased they could not see the blatant free that were OBVIOUS. eg Stants just after 3/4 time on the boundary line.

I hope like living F%$k we beat hawthorn next week cause i will be copping a shower of Sh1t otherwise!

Joined FPL…looking forward to it, been playing in the offseason for 4-5 years now and think the official FPL game is really good. The sportal one not too bad either.

Go Spurs!

6. We Got Big Cox

July 22, 2012 at 8:10 pm

anyone know whats going on with chappy?
    He looks like an old man out there with nanna’s knees.

• Lukey85

July 22, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Still a gun but looks to be quite slow on the spread. It was only a few weeks ago he was gunning it though, hope he recaptures some of that form for Geelong’s sake and that of my DT.

7. Damo

Damo

July 22, 2012 at 8:15 pm

nice article adzman!

just traded ryder in a week before he got injured, question is do i trade him back out for (most likely) jacobs with 3 trades left.

8. Chuck Norris

July 22, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Cheers Adzman. Will join your FPL and bookmarked FPL addicts.

Why does DT sh*t me?
    One bloody week of trades have kills your season.

I had the choice between:
    A: Upgrade McDonald (before he goes down in price) to “bargain” Goodes (before he “skyrockets in price)
    Trade out Waters (who was for 3-5 weeks) to Michael “I look consistent but I’m not” Johnson
    Trade Ryder to a ruck men less than his price next week

B: Hold McDonald and miss the Goodes train
    Hold Waters.
    Trade Ryder this week to any ruck men

What happens next you ask? McDonald doesn’t play a game meaning he maintans his price.
    Goodes has 70 and 47 and is set to lose money.
    Waters comes back missing just 1 extra game and MJ scores 51.
    Couldn’t trade out ryder and so I cop a donut

…this may sound like a rant but actually my team isn’t looking too bad. It’s finished with 3 trades left and one of Goodes/Martin/Zorko as cover with DPP link to the mids.

9. Noodles71

July 22, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Mitch Robinson FMDT

10. blackandwhitenoise

July 22, 2012 at 8:26 pm

it really shits me off when you have awesome cover for all positions except for that one position you need, f**k you mitch robinson.

11. leetrevor81

July 22, 2012 at 8:33 pm

With the form of Goodes it will be SO tempting to put Porps on the ground in front of him. Porps is in great form and a very consistent scorer. But now instead of consistently scoring 70-80, he is scoring 80-100.

I don’t think I could do it though, I know the week I do it Goodes will get a massive hundred

12. Jerome

July 22, 2012 at 8:40 pm

how do i enter a head-to-head league in the FPL adzman??

• Jerome

July 22, 2012 at 8:46 pm

do not worry it is all god I found out

• BOOMER

July 22, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Amen. ;)

13. heskey>swan

July 22, 2012 at 8:41 pm

had smedts covering my backline, could have easily been in the forwards!!>!>!> !T$GR#H +86 could have gone a long way :'(

• Stuie

July 22, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I hear that, Couch might have well have just sat on himself than dish up that filth

14. Rentacrowd

July 22, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Nice work Adzman, I particularly agree with the clown of an umpire on Friday night. 3 Bullsh*t calls in a row. I also felt it strange that they gave Trent West a shot after the 3/4 time siren when the umpire had his hands in the air signalling play on when the siren went! Anyway, doesn’t hide the bombers’ lack of composure and poor ball use

15. Jerome

July 22, 2012 at 8:47 pm

if anyone wants a code for the FPL type in 24967 in public leagues.
    so far i am on my own in it:(

16. Ronaldo

July 22, 2012 at 8:55 pm

If Giles had scraped 45 or Goodes 55 I would have won a league…both dheads and disgraces to my team.

17. Lukey85

July 22, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Love your work Adzman :D

The umps definitely appeared to be trigger happy this round more so than most other weeks (hard to believe). Griff was spot on about the over-umpiring in the Freo v GWS game and that free + 50m penalty against Deledio was an absolute power trip.

Lynden Dunn’s moustache rivalled only by Liam Patrick’s pigtails.

Can’t wait for 2013 to not select Goddard in my startring squad!

• Nathan

July 23, 2012 at 11:22 am

When i was trading out bock I had the choice between Goddard and Grimes.
      At the time goddard was 70k odd more and now since that time I dont think that he has beat Grimes score once.
      I did not start with him but I felt that you just needed to have him

18. Rainjan

July 22, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Great article Adzman! Always enjoy the wittiness but todays was even better that usual :D

19. Lewie-14

July 22, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Have 5 trades up my sleeve, Is it worth trading out stanton for a better consistent scoring mid………. dunno bout everyone else but he’s Shitting Me To Tears !!!!

• Lewie-14

July 22, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Jelwood or Stanton for Pendles ???

• Magpie28

July 22, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I have one trade left and thinking of bringing him in… have a DPP link so thinking Broughton to Stanton. Either that or Zorko to Swan. But probably not that, ’cause I know who I’d rather chop!

20. Megatron

July 22, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get Dayne Beams into this FWD line:

S Sidebottom, P Dangerfield, P Chapman, M Robinson, D Martin, D Zorko, A Goodes, L Franklin, T Couch

Once Franklin comes back I have one of Dusty/Goodes sitting on the bench.

How do I get Beams into this FWD line?

• Magpie28

July 22, 2012 at 10:10 pm

You trade out your crappiest Mid, sub Zorks into the vacancy and upgrade the Fwd you like the least to Beams.

Post your team name… will make it easier.

• BrownYouGun

July 22, 2012 at 10:15 pm

If you’re hellbent on getting Beams in I’d suggest Chapman —> Beams. Chappy likely to get a rest in dt finals to ensure he’s firing for Geelong’s unlikely final run.

21. BOOMER

July 22, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Great stuff Adzman, had a good laugh. :)

As for Cloke, they play GWS next week. You migh throw a tv out the window in frustration if Cloke pumps out a 135 and he’s on the bench. :P

22. Matt

July 22, 2012 at 10:06 pm

what do we all think of Anthony Miles

• Magpie28

July 22, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Came on the scene too late for me… no trades left, so he’s irrelevant.

23. Stuie

July 22, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Giles is getting das boot – Two trades remaining which I really wanted to hold but can tolerate his shit no longer.

McEvoy vs Sauce Jacobs? Can’t afford Cox :(

What was McEvoys injury earlier this year again? Need to have all things considered with only a single trade in the bank after this

• BOOMER

July 22, 2012 at 10:57 pm

McEvoy had knee surgery, missed 6 weeks.

24. BrownYouGun

July 22, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Still have Hargrave/Ellis/S.Shaw as my D7 but only four trades left… was hoping Ellis would go big again today giving me some chance of upgrading him to a premo defender.
    Is it worth going M.Williams –> Couch (cash and DPP link) and then upgrading Ellis/Hargrave to premo defender leaving me with just 4 trades?

• Nick

July 22, 2012 at 11:43 pm

i reckon it is worth it, hargrave is a dead duck

• BOOMER

July 23, 2012 at 12:14 am

Williams > Couch is a good move, removing dead wood for extra bench cover + DPP link and spare cash. Then Grave/Ellis to a premo. Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

Personally I’d hang onto Ellis, he has solid form & great JS whilst Hargreave is struggling just to make the doggies bench these days.

25. turftoefixer

July 23, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Whats the finals set up for DT?
    1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 , 5 vs 8 , 6 vs 7 etc….
    or another system?
    might sound dumb, just trying to clarify