DT TALK

Golden Stubby – Round 15

Heaps of nominations came in this week and it was tough getting them down to five… (I’m sure there will be plenty out there sooking about who is and isn’t in the list), but you can now cast your vote for the Round 15 winner of the Golden Stubby. Coxy, Zorko, Chappy, Cyril and Pav are the guys to choose from.

Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 15. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!

This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:

• Dean Cox (148). Absolutely dominated down at Blundstone Arena. Not only did he rip it up in DT, he arguably won the game for the Eagles with his bet on ground performance. Very clutch in the final minutes of the game too!
  • Dayne Zorko (140). This man keeps on keeping on. He is a lock as our 7th forward. Enough said!
  • Paul Chapman  (132). A brilliant performance to win the game for the Cats with 4 goals! The quote from @ovijordan4 on Twitter was “he’s a nugget, bald and a gun” – that’s enough for me!
  • Cyril Rioli (159). It surprised me when I saw that 25,000 coaches have Cyril in their Dream Teams but every single one of them would have loved his 159 points on Sunday.
  • Matthew Pavlich (144). Pav was a former DT premium and a lot of us had written him off in 2012. he’s now had four 100’s in a row and could be on the radar as an upgrade target!
Honorable Mentions: Matt Priddis, Sam Jacobs, Matthew Boyd, Andrew Carrazzo, Sam Shaw and a whole heap more!

Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 15

• Dean Cox (40%, 907 Votes)
  • Dayne Zorko (42%, 971 Votes)
  • Paul Chapman (4%, 99 Votes)
  • Cyril Rioli (4%, 97 Votes)
  • Matthew Pavlich (10%, 218 Votes)

Total Voters: 2,292

Loading ... Loading ...

Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board!

1. Em

July 8, 2012 at 10:03 pm

What does A. Swallow have to do to get a nomination? The only explanation I can think of is that those who have him see him as a point of difference and want him to remain a secret. Awesome last two games.

Warnie

July 8, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Didn’t receive one tweet.

• Em

July 8, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I’ll make a twitter for next week.

• MMM Boags

July 9, 2012 at 8:26 am

So we all have to get twitter to vote :(
          cant we just post in on the Forum… that makes more sense

Warnie

July 9, 2012 at 8:57 am

Yes, you need a twitter account to get nominations in… I’m pretty confident that the most deserving player(s) will make the voting list every week. There will always be whingers about their player not making it, but I will bet my left nut that even if I had a list of 50 players, the winner would come from the ‘top 5’ players that come in via Twitter.

• MMM Boags

July 9, 2012 at 8:27 am

in saying that i’m voting for cox…. his game was awesome… any chance of him being DPP next year FWD/RCK??

• MMM Boags

July 9, 2012 at 11:25 am

Warne Dawg just trying to collect more followers :)

2. The x Factor

July 8, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I nominated ben mcevoy for being the right price to trade jenkins>mcevoy :D

3. BOOMER

July 8, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Tough one this week, Cox, Chappy, Pav, Rioli all outstanding. But i’ve gotta go Zorko! His 3rd massive ton in 4 weeks, from a first year player…how good is this guy!? Amazing numbers! :D

4. Megatron

July 8, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Give it to big Cox. The man was just huge in that last quarter. Not only a great DT game, but won his side the match!

• Lucas

July 8, 2012 at 10:37 pm

But Pavlich also did that.

• Megatron

July 8, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Yep go ahead vote for Pav as well, its just that I don’t have him!

• BOOMER

July 8, 2012 at 10:38 pm

+1 So glad I watched the last quarter, one of the best quarters of footy i’ve seen by a player all year. He was huge!

• BOOMER

July 8, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I meant Cox, but Pav was bloody brilliant too! Maybe we should have a 3-2-1 voting system…it’s too hard to pick one. :P

• Megatron

July 8, 2012 at 10:41 pm

yeah he was everywhere, and just kept clunking them!

5. Bullets

July 8, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Cant go Zorko, EVERYONE HAS HIM!!! got to be someone thats given your team a boost that others dont have, like cox or chapman

• BarlowsMyBoy

July 8, 2012 at 10:40 pm

• Stuie

July 8, 2012 at 10:52 pm

If that was the case Priddis would have gotten more than just an honorable mention this week.

• HirscHirscH

July 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I know what choo talkin bout ;)

• Chuck Norris

July 8, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Definitely agree.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the fact I can rely week in, week out on Zorko delivering as F7 but it doesn’t give anyone an advantage because he’s in 99% of top 10 000 teams #truefact

• Nudge

July 9, 2012 at 11:23 am

Hence I went Chapman

6. Michael

July 8, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Had the Pav since the start and was temtped to sideways him early. Kept the faith and now he is finally living up to his hefty start of season price

Definitely voting the Pav

• MMM Boags

July 9, 2012 at 12:14 pm

The fine line between Genius and Insane.

Glad it paid off…. i went the other way with Broughts :(

7. Maches

July 8, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Got to go Delicious. Was my bench forward and came on for Dusty with a great score.

8. Dezza

July 8, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Cox would have to be listed as dpp Fwd/Ruck next year wouldn’t he?

• Chuck Norris

July 8, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I don’t think so. Not saying that he hasn’t spent a lot of time in the forward 50, because he has, but if he is given DPP, everyone would get on him and so VS wouldn’t allow, I would think.

• SLAVE

July 9, 2012 at 12:00 am

I wonder how many goals he would have to kick to qual;ify as a FWD/Ruck?

….cos I’ll bet he’d be on target for it…..

• Michael

July 9, 2012 at 12:10 am

I don’t think the fact that everyone will get on him should make him not a DPP

Clearly he plays FWD/RUCK often enough to be regarded as a DPP IMO

• Chuck Norris

July 9, 2012 at 1:07 am

That’s why guys like Luke Hodge and Jimmy Bartel weren’t given DPP status.

They played an awful amount of time in the backline in 2011 but are just MIDs in 2012.
          I don’t work for Virtual Sports but I do know that they definitely do try and balance prices/positions of players so that there aren’t too many “locks”.
          eg. Lenny Hayes should have been priced much lower due to number of games he played but was changed so that he wasn’t picked by every team

• Dezza

July 9, 2012 at 10:22 am

I guess Chuck if Virtual Sports want to avoid ‘locks’ as you say then he may maintain his starting price from this year as the most expensive Ruck. He has surely done enough to be a DPP Fwd/Ruck especially since he isn’t just sitting in the forward lines getting a token goal whilst he has a rest, but he has actually made a significant power fwd / key target impact.

Last year Roughhead was listed as fwd only but after spending only 5 or so games in the ruck before he hurt his ankle he was listed as a DPP fwd/ruck. I imagine he was made a DPP in the Ruck because he made such a significant impact in there for those 5 games and lifted his scores from 70 to 100+.

Shouldn’t be too much of an issue with ‘lock’ players as Goddard, Deledio, Sidebottom, Beams, Martin (at the start of the year) and more were always going to be locks / must have players this year due to their DPP status

• HirscHirscH

July 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I agree with the problems listed above regards having a premo with DPP, but out of all potential DPPs i think he is one of the most deserving. Unless Natanui get’s an injury, I can see him playing more and more in the forward line (and successfully), with guys like Lynch, Darling and Kennedy pushing up the gorund a bit more.

9. Matt

July 9, 2012 at 12:07 am

i’ve gone cox think the big man deserves it. Well done Pav as well!

10. esuba77

July 9, 2012 at 12:20 am

chapman but only because i had him captain

11. Keegan

July 9, 2012 at 1:01 am

i need to down grade devon smith, any suggestions?

• Chuck Norris

July 9, 2012 at 1:11 am

Murdoch (Geelong). Has played two games and had scores of 88 and 62 but have no idea on his JS (probably not too flash considering he plays for the Cats.

Only other option is McIntyre. Positives are he’s basement price ($85k) and DPP (MID/FWD) but he’s JS is terrible. Only in because of Callinan’s injury which should only be a one-weeker.

• Keegan

July 9, 2012 at 12:39 pm

thanks chuck. i am a geelong supporter and he has had two great games but yeah his job security doesnt look great and ill have to do some research on McIntyre thanks :)

• leetrevor81

July 9, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I actually commented to another poster that I thought McIntyre’s job security wasn’t that great earlier. I still think he may lose his spot when Callinan comes back, but this afrticle has made me think that perhaps his JS might be a little better than I thought http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/140838/default.aspx

12. Tyler

July 9, 2012 at 1:39 am

alright i only have 5 trades left and am pretty happy with my team except for giles, should i upgrade giles or save my trades

• Waffles

July 9, 2012 at 8:00 am

Cox for me a whopping 148 and is now officially the 1 ruckman :D

• Chuck Norris

July 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Only reason I’m avoiding “Big Cox” is because surely he’ll be rested at some point this season, probably in the DT finals. For this reason, I’m either looking at Maric or a cheapie such as McEvoy or Mumford.

• Adam

July 9, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Probably won’t be at that point I think – We’ll be pushing for a top 2 finish and face Collingwood in the final round.

13. Waffles

July 9, 2012 at 8:17 am

Option 1 Bugg to Scotland Giles to Griffin/Hille.

Option 2 Bugg to Adcock Giles to Jacobs/Mcevoy

Cheers thought would me much appreciated

• deez go

July 9, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Number 1

• HirscHirscH

July 9, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Speaking of Hille, any Essondon supporters know where he’s at with injuries and career, could Bellchambers be looking for a new club for more footy next year? If he did get a #1 ruck gig at say Hawthorn (just an example), may be on the 2013 DT watchlist?

14. westy711

July 9, 2012 at 8:22 am

If I trade Jack Redden I can get any midfielder apart from Swan. Should I trade him? Breakevens high.

• Waffles

July 9, 2012 at 8:37 am

No. Sideways trading there

• Megatron

July 9, 2012 at 12:31 pm

yep

15. MAZMIA

July 9, 2012 at 8:54 am

Zorko for me

16. MrCharisma

July 9, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Really tough one this week, first week I’ve ever had to think about it. All those guys are champs. Go a 5 way tie =D

17. Slappers

Slappers

July 9, 2012 at 2:38 pm

2 votes for cox… 1 for his 148 and 1 for being first weagle to be up for vote…

18. Kiwiii

July 9, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Shuey ‘Offered two week ban’ f**k off! It was a nudge at best, lindsay thomas went down like a sack of spuds.

• HirscHirscH

July 9, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Am I a one eyed WCE fan? Or is this game going downhill. I watched the NRL state of origin series and could only think of the contact intensity that used to be involved in AFL. Bit ironic that we’re talking about Shuey, but the NRL players reminded me of the old technique, where players would brace and acccept the imapct, rather than use it to conduct a stage show.

19. HirscHirscH

July 9, 2012 at 4:07 pm

would like to give a mention to Dave Hussey also. If only he had 10 decent team mates.

I would like to nominate Zorko, as I was doubting his perception as the next big DT thing. Love people who prove me wrong!

• HirscHirscH

July 9, 2012 at 4:09 pm

As a WCE fan, forgive me from overlooking the Cox. But I was looking forward for a couple low scores so that I can finish my ruck combo! Coxy didn’t you get my message?

20. Antipasto

July 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Clearly Cox. Has been the best ruckman all year, both in DT and on the field. Single handedly pulled the mighty Eagles over the line in the last quarter. He was also one of only a handful of popular Ruck’s to score well, with;

Mumford (69)
    Giles (48)
    Maric (88)
    Ryder (80)
    Goldstein (55)
    Griffin (87)
    McEvoy (91)
    Nic Nat (84)
    Kreuzer (90)
    Campbell (38)

Zorko’s score was fantastic, he’ll probably get the nod because of a higher % of owners and the fact that he was a rookie priced pick-up, but Coxy is the stand-out for mine. Lots of people doubted him early on because of the emergence of Nic-Nat and less time in the ruck, but he’s a genuine star and STILL has the mantle as #1 ruckman in the AFL!

• HirscHirscH

July 9, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I was one of those doubters. Doh!

21. Grim Reaper

July 9, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Zorko gets my vote this week the little superstar. Lions would be stuffed without him.

• Antipasto

July 9, 2012 at 6:02 pm

They’re stuffed with or without him.