Golden Stubby – Round 14
This weeks Golden Stubby attracted a world record Tweets to me for nominations with plenty of names put up there. Of course Dane Swan is there but he is joined by Jobe Watson, Sam Gibson, Jamie Elliott and Courtenay Dempsey making the final cut. Who are you going to vote for?
Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 14. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!
— Adam 'Warnie' Child (@WarnieDT) July 1, 2012
This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:
- Dane Swan (172). For those going against Calvin, you were very well rewarded with a massive 42 possession game!
- Jobe Watson (126). This nomination isn’t just for his awesome game… and the next lot of 3 votes on his way to the 2012 Brownlow Medal, but for the consistency he has shown and what he has offered for his owners over the last few weeks!
- Sam Gibson (110). He played his third game this weekend and busted out an awesome score leaving those who got him in happy. However the real win was for those who needed him and used him as cover for Pendles or Chappy this week!
- Jamie Elliott (95). Just like Gibson, Elliot might have been cover for a missing gun… but in all reality, he was a real winner for us over the MBRs and his 95 (and quality of his game with 15 tackles) should keep in in the side for a while yet.
- Courtney Dempsey (129). Dempsey received a heap of votes via Twitter so I had to put him in there for this week. 129 was very handy and a nice reward for those who stuck with the mid-priced defender!
Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 14
- Dane Swan (58%, 1,040 Votes)
- Jobe Watson (12%, 222 Votes)
- Sam Gibson (19%, 343 Votes)
- Jamie Elliott (3%, 59 Votes)
- Courtenay Dempsey (8%, 135 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,799
Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board!