Episodes

DT TALK Live 2012: Rd 10

In an episode full of big announcements… we have details on our new iPhone App that you can download for FREE! Also announce a great competition thanks to First10 where you have a chance to win an iPod Nano as well as our regular stuff including our Archie/Meathead competition. Oh – we talk about AFL Dream Team for about 40 minutes too!

DOWNLOAD THE FREE DT TALK APP NOW
(Thanks heaps to AFL Footy Star for the awesome FREE app)

WIN AN IPOD NANO THANKS TO FIRST10
Tweet @First10Group your answer to: “Why do I deserve to be a full time Dream Team coach?
(Entries close 6pm Monday 4th June, 2012).

Thanks heaps to Archie Clothing, Meathead Shop, AFL Footy Star and First10 for this great episode!

1. charlie

May 31, 2012 at 9:49 pm

nice

2. Dinky dy

May 31, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Show was great!!
    But what is going on with the adds?? I got them 8 times during the show

Warnie

May 31, 2012 at 9:57 pm

No idea. Stupid Ustream. Must have been a bad week for them… fingers crossed it’s all good next week!

• Clint

May 31, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I think you get paid on a per person per add basis. Reward for the boys hard work. Think its only something like 0.01 or something really small but each person that views equals 0.01. Make sure you have your ad block turned off for the boys.

Warnie

May 31, 2012 at 11:01 pm

We don’t get anything for the Ustream thing. It’s all part of what makes their service free. I think we can pay a few hundred dollars to have the ads turned off… but we don’t see it as worth it (considering we don’t make much coin). If it is a huge issue, just wait until about 9:30pm for the YouTube version and the post on the site! :)

• Clint

May 31, 2012 at 11:09 pm

ah okay. Used to watch a stream on justintv (changed to twitch tv i think) and the gun running it said it was like 0.01. Watching the youtube clip now anyway.

3. Aidan

May 31, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Anybody interested in a Euro 2012 Dreamteam league – http://euro12dreamteam.sportal.com.au/
    I have made a DT Talk Euro League – 734320

4. Justin

May 31, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Lol when showing Sidebottom captain symbol, was expecting Calvin to moon the audience.

• Justin

May 31, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Also, app doesn’t work on iphone 3 :(

5. JungleMuffin

May 31, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Yeah, they were coming on average at every 5 mins. I don’t really mind, but if they’re going to be putting that many on, you might want to look at getting them to pay you some coin for the views.

Without spamming the other threads, I’ve got 300k in the kitty. I need 50-70k next in 2 weeks to upgrade Barlow, so I’e got 200-250k or so to spend on an upgrade.

I’ve budgeted 7 trades for the byes, 1/3/3. If Redden plays, I can afford to use th 7th trade elsewhere. If Spurr doesn’t play rd 11 (he is my only rooky not playing atm), I can afford to upgrade him to avoid a donut, probably 2 considering it allows me an extra trade during rd 12 (if needed).

I’m willing to finish the season off with HMac and Giles, leaving Horse to be my only other upgrade needed. This will leave me with 4/5 trades for LTI’s, with a fully completed side come post rd 13

Question is this: Seeing how there are no decent downgrade options down back, is it worth using the best part of the 300k bank that I have to upgrade for 2 weeks worth of premium scores, knowing that I must cash them in as part of my rd 12 bye structure (leaving me with plenty of cash to do the upgrades I needed over the subsequent weeks), or should I save the trade?

Essentially, this trade is a wild card for me. The money would be sitting in the bank regardless and with a completed team, I don’t need the trad efor upgrades. I think 4-5 for the last 10 weeks is more than enough

So yeah, if it saves me a donut, gives me 2 weeks of premium scores, and leaves me with more flexibility during b12 (which could result in me saving a 2nd donut) is it worth using a trade that I don’t need, and walking into the 2nd half of the season with 4-5 trades left?

2ndry Question: If you have a completed team come the end of rd 13, how many trades do you think you will need to win the car/eliminators/leagues? I think 3 is the minimum to avoid donuts, with 4-5 being enough to avoid donuts and also make a few upgrades at key times. What say you folks?

tl;dr, so much spam, can’t be f**ked editing after a few beers, so please forgive the retardeness and just throw up your thoughts fellas. <3

• LTDT

May 31, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Is round 13 a bit premature for team to be fully realised?
      i was thinking 15-16 =\

• Shags

May 31, 2012 at 10:50 pm

The sooner a full team is realised, the longer you have full points scored, and the greater the chance to win the car/ eliminator. So long as you are lucky with lti’s

• Shags

May 31, 2012 at 11:01 pm

If you are going for car, You need to survive the byes pretty well, but this is the cool bit, take as few zeros as you can but it doesnt matter if you have them all one week. In other words dont just trade to eliminate zeros week by week.

Eliminator strategy over byes, actually I think you are better off just scraping through a win round 11. What, why? The top scoring team will have all round 11 players playing.

You might yourself playing a team with awesome round 12 players if you win too well round 11 :-)

I Think the key to getting through byes is having istrong round 12 team.

6. Shags

May 31, 2012 at 11:20 pm

I am currently ranked 4307.

About 1000 points off the leader.

Should I give up on winning the car?

• runnamuck

May 31, 2012 at 11:32 pm

I am currently ranked 4041 and I have just about given up all hope on the car!

• eeepo

May 31, 2012 at 11:36 pm

14 rounds still to go, so No, don’t give up!
      Hopefully you make ground over the MBRs, get some high scores in the latter rounds….who knows?

Stay strong & positive, and good luck matey!

• Shags

May 31, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Ironically I was no where near the hunt, jumped about 7000 places in 2 weeks. This is less a giving up, more of a “hey maybe I have a sniff” lol.

The 1 and only league I am in this year there is no competition.

I dreamteam noob enough to not get in a few leagues. Wont make that mistake again next year.

• JungleMuffin

June 1, 2012 at 1:14 am

I’m ranked 2k, and only a ouple of points ahead, but I haven’t given up.

With the bye rounds this year, you don’t know what can happen. Pick up a handful of donuts less, and you’re in the top 500 and have a chance.

It’s hard, but it’s not over.

• Ethan

June 1, 2012 at 1:38 am

I’m 237 and like 400 points away from the top 5 or so and I still think I have no chance? How am I supposed to gain that much on all 200 people ranked in the top 200? My aim is to just stay in the top 500

• Shazzam

June 1, 2012 at 10:53 am

I’m just over 2k and have not even thought about the car once.

Look at top 100 teams averages….These guys have been averaging these points for a long time so anyone seriously contemplating having a stab at the car will really need to get a wriggleon and also require the current leaders averages to drop significantly.

I don’t think of myself as being negative. I do like to consider myself a realist.

7. Jason

June 1, 2012 at 5:15 pm

629th overall moved up 40 odd spots with 2169, Happy chappy here ;-)