Golden Stubby – Round 9
Voting is now open for the Golden Stubby for Round 9! Choose between Deledio, Sidebottom, Treloar, Robinson and the big Mullet, Ivan Maric. Make sure you tune into DT TALK LIVE this Thursday night at 7:30pm AEST to see who wins the prize that every AFL Dream Team player wants… the Golden Stubby!
Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 9. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!
This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:
- Brett Deledio (141). After missing out by a few votes last week, Lids backed up his awesome score of 160 with a 32 possession game and a massive 141 points. Not only is he doing this, but he is basically the only reliable defender out there… who is really a midfielder.
- Steele Sidebottom (135). The best MID/FWD in the business at the moment. He has now scored 7 tons in a row backing up from his 139 last week, he is the forward pick of the year.
- Adam Treloar (119). The top scoring GWS player of the night and was on plenty of grounds this week in Dream Team covering premiums… and dishing up a premium like score. Still plenty of growth to go in the little bloodnut.
- Mitch Robinson (146). After a pathetic effort last week, he was told by Ratten (and thousands of DT coaches) to lift his game and have a crack. That he did, making Sunday a pleasurable day for many a DT coach.
- Ivan Maric (122). Finally a nomination for the people’s mullet! He is arguably the pick of the year in the rucks (maybe on par with Jon Giles) with 4 tons in a row and an average closing in on 100!
Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 9
- Brett Deledio (33%, 876 Votes)
- Steele Sidebottom (17%, 462 Votes)
- Adam Treloar (13%, 344 Votes)
- Mitch Robinson (21%, 554 Votes)
- Ivan Maric (15%, 410 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,646
Unlucky to not get a gig in the poll: Dayne Zorko, Paul Chapman, Steve Johnson, Courtenay Dempsey, Matt Rosa (completely DT irrelevant), Jack Redden.
Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board!