Golden Stubby – Round 5
Voting is now open for the Golden Stubby Award for Round 5. This week Dane Swan, Tom Rockliff, Patrick Dangerfield, Josh P Kennedy and Tomas Bugg are nominated for the coveted award. If you know a beer company who would love to be the naming rights sponsor, please contact us.
Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 4. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!
This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:
- Dane Swan (171). The short priced favourite for 171 reasons. Plenty of coaches whacked the VC on him and took his score using the loophole… others may be brought him in this week. Whatever the case, this man was a beast and if you didn’t have the ANZAC Medalist in Round 5, you would have kicked yourself pretty hard!
- Tom Rockliff (136). In the wet at the Gabba, Rocky had 32 touches backing up from his 143 last week. This is why people started with him – for this type of scoring! Roy was ultra happy with his purchase this week!
- Patrick Dangerfield (140). The winner of the Showdown Medal, Danger has finally broken through for a thumping big score we all knew he was capable of. With 140, it was a nice way to bring up the first DT ton of the year.
- Josh P Kennedy (149). The ex-Hawk smashed his old club and with a couple of 90s in his first two games, this thumper is what can make a unique mid-priced pick go well for you.
- Tomas Bugg (96). The Tommy Bugg is putting his hand up for the DT Rookie of the Year for 2012 with his 3rd score in the 90s from his 5 games. Pretty awesome effort.
Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 5
- Dane Swan (49%, 1,139 Votes)
- Tom Rockliff (6%, 147 Votes)
- Patrick Dangerfield (29%, 671 Votes)
- Josh P Kennedy (7%, 172 Votes)
- Tomas Bugg (9%, 221 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,347
Unlucky to not get a gig in the poll: Hamish McIntosh, Jonathan Giles, Kade Simpson.
Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board!