DT TALK

New Trading Features for AFL Dream Team

The trading feature within AFL Dream Team this season has had a major overhaul. We can now reverse our trades up until lockout, do double trades in one go and also make use of Dual Position Players to create more flexibility within our team. Here’s how they look and work.

Some coaches have been too scared to have a crack… there is nothing to fear as if you stuff something up, just hit the reverse changes button.

So I’ve had a bit of a play and taken some screen shots to firstly show you what they look like, but really show you how you should be using these to make your life easier… and help your Dream Team this season!

New trading screens

Once you click the little red T button on a player, you are taken to the new TRADES CENTRE page where you can then scroll through the list of players to pick your replacement for the player you are trading out. This is my Dad’s team I am playing with and I am dumping Christian Howard for Courtenay Dempsey for the purpose of this post.

The Trades Centre Page

I click on the little green + button next to Courtenay Dempsey’s name and he is added to the pending trades box.

Pending Trades shows Howard is being traded to Dempsey.

Once I click the complete button, I am taken to the Trade Confirm page to make sure I’m not screwing anything up. After clicking the Complete this trade button, then I am taken back to my team page with Dempsey there in place of Howard. Too easy.

Trade Confirm Page

My team is now changed… showing that I have used one trade this round. If I think I have made a mistake, I can go ahead and hit the reverse changes button and I am taken back to my original team.

Reverse Changes takes you back to the original team.

PLEASE NOTE: The reversible trades WILL NOT work after the Partial Lockout is in effect. Make sure you are happy with your trades/team before partial lockout as any changes you make as soon as the ball bounces in the Brisbane v Carlton game at 7:40pm, will be locked.

Double Trades

While this is a fairly simple thing,you can now trade two players out at once. The beauty here is that you can do all of your maths without a piece of paper, calculator or a spreadsheet. The below example might be a good way to use it when doing a double trade with two ‘cash cows’. Let us imagine that Hargrave and Howard were rookies that have maxed out in price. I will trade both out but I will bring in a basement rookie who is playing this week (Paine) and also a premium (Birchall). Very simple and what we have been doing for years on our own… but this makes it heaps easier!

Completing double trades.

Dual Position Trading

One of the best new features is how we can use dual position players to add to the flexibility of our trades. Here is an example of how this will work. I am going to trade out Dylan Shiel from my midfield (not a suggestion by the way).

I am chosing to trade Shiel out.

This all looks pretty normal… however on my team view on the left hand side, I am going to click the blue S button on Nat Fyfe in my forward line which will in turn move him into my midfield in that red box where Shiel used to be.

Click the S button to sub Fyfe from the forward line.

Fyfe is now in my midfield and there is an empty slot in my forward line.

Fyfe is now in my midfield and the red ‘blank’ box is now in my forward line which means I need to trade in a player to fill that slot before I can move on. So what I’m going to do is select Terry Milera as my forward player. Essentially I am trading Dylan Shiel out of my midfield and bringing Terry Milera into my forward line with only one trade. (We could do this in the past, but it would cost two trades and generally done with a downgrade and an upgrade).

There you have it. Have a play… you can’t stuff it up (too much)!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @WarnieDT …for sh*ts and giggles!

1. Anthony

April 3, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Awesome write up mate, loving this new trading element, hopefully it doesn’t entice me to burn through my trades faster!

• Anthony

April 3, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Hmm… Just realised I can trade out Broughton and Dickson for Bugg and Pendlebury by moving Kennedy from my mids to my fwds…. surely that can’t be a bad thing!

….

Must… Resist… Till… After… Round… 2!

• Shane

April 3, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Do it!

• deez go

April 3, 2012 at 3:15 pm

yes, awesome trades

• mufc

April 3, 2012 at 7:58 pm

burn baby burn.. or, not?

2. Gghippo

April 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Hey Warnie – I found the new trading page very clunky when using my iPad last night. The players to trade in didn’t even show up, I had to refresh the page several times before it worked… Very annoying and slow… Is there a glitch that VS is trying to iron out or should I just avoid using my iPad when making future trades?

Cheers mate!

Warnie

April 3, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I probably wouldn’t be using my iPad for trading… mainly because it is such an important part of my week! ;) haha. I am hoping VS will get an iPad app out for next year. They’ll probably read some of the suggestions/problems here… so fire away!

• buckaroon

April 3, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Hey Warnie, would it be worth trading J. Cameron to Kennedy? Cheers :)

Warnie

April 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Yep. I would.

• Blair

April 3, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Hmm. I’m in the same boat. Was going to flick Dickson for Kennedy, but then I have 8 (count ’em) GWS players. I originally chose Cameron as a slightly unique option as Kennedy was being picked up everywhere. Yep, that worked out well.

• Ingoes

April 3, 2012 at 5:37 pm

almost definitely going to be a good idea. I’d still do it next week. Might cost you a few points, might save you a lot of heartache

• Gghippo

April 3, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Thanks Warnie…. Well if VS is reading this, here are a few problems I’ve found with the usability of the VS platform when using my iPad:

Most of the time the players list doesn’t show up on the following screens:
        – trading screen
        – assistant coach team analysis
        – assistant coach player research

The same problem is occurring with SC gold.

Although this is not a major issue, as I do have the desktop computer I can boot up, it is an inconvenience, so if this could be resolved before R3, when the real comp begins, that would be sweet!

Thanks in advance.

• morgs10

April 5, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Easy fix get rid of your apple sh** and buy an Android Tablet

• WhoreThorns

April 4, 2012 at 10:18 am

Warnie,
        It would also be great for those of us overseas to get the Dreamteam iphone app. It is NOT available outside Oz as far as I can ascertain, however supercoach have made their app freely available on the USA Itunes store! Shouldn’t be too difficult one would think!

• IanB

April 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Except that some of the button controls are a bit small, the trading screen worked fine on my iPad. The “trade in list” appeared fine and I didn’t have to touch “refresh”. I didn’t commit the change (although mr Broughton is on very thin ice) but I reckon it would’ve worked fine too.

I have an iPad 2 with IOS 5.1. Perhaps there is some issue with software versions getting in your way?

I don’t have access to a regular pc ( on the road all day) and I tolerate issues like tiny controls with big fingers in return with the simplicity and convenience of the tablet. Perfect for my needs.

Hope this note helps

• IanB

April 3, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Ps. The only things I find a bit of a pest on my iPad are:

1) I can’t zoom in as fully as I can with other iPad applications
        2) some of the colour choices are a bit unfortunate (eg white text on orance, red text on dark blue)

• Gghippo

April 3, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I have an original iPad, so that could be the issue… but if that was the case, why would it work sometimes and not other times?

• IanB

April 4, 2012 at 10:03 am

I suspect different versions of te Safari browser could well account for the different performance. Go to “Settings” & “About” to suss out the version of IOS (mine says 5.1). It seems that the version of Safari is integral to the version of IOS rather than something standalone. If your version is different then apply the update and try DT again.

Another possibility is that, along the way, something has altered a Safari configuration setting. The default settings might be available on the Apple web site so you can check.

Another possibility is that your iPad has insufficient free “resource” to easily support the controls DT wants to open. Is it possible that your iPad is simply full of stuff and needs some housekeeping?

I use my iPad lots and have only noticed the need to press “refresh” unexpectedly only once and that was where the site was openin up a whole new page which DT seems not to be doing. I’m sure you will get to the bottom of problem with a bit of research.

Good luck

• Gghippo

April 4, 2012 at 10:10 am

Thanks IanB.

Very helpful – I’ll look into it tonight.

• IanB

April 4, 2012 at 11:07 am

On second thoughts, leave the possible update until you have ruled out the other (simpler) things first.

As far as “resources”, empty out things like “application data”, “cookies”, “history” as these take memory.

Again, good luck

3. Mollyfud

April 3, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Just did a test. Can’t do 4 way trades. IE. Lets say I have Couch in mids (he is F/M) and Hale in the Forwards (f/r) and want to trade out, let say, redden for a midfielder. Cant trade out Redden, Move Hale to Rucks and then Couch to Fwds.

Of course this is pretty freaky/rare/you idiot/now your just being a smart ass but I actually looked at the screen shots and wondered if the interface would handle it.

Having a look at it, the system looks great! Not sure if it is a feature of Assistant coach, but the filtering is FANTASTIC! If it is a feature of Assistant Coach thing, it is a killer feature!

Great work VM!

• Anthony

April 3, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Yeah, definately loving Ass Coach this year! Well worth the cash!

• tfizzle

April 3, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I had a similar thought Molly. Was going to see if I could trade out Morris, then swap Smedts to my Def, then Kennedy to my Fwd and then trade in Clay Smith to my Mids. Oh well maybe they will work on that for next season?

• Ghostie

April 3, 2012 at 2:30 pm

tfizzle….

You could always use the Subs button to swap Kennedy and C.Smith.

Then when you trade out Morris you should be able to move Smedts back.

• Ghostie

April 3, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Just realised C.Smith is only a mid and that you still had to trade him in.

scrap last comment!

• Ghostie

April 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Ignore Last comment!!!

• Ghostie

April 3, 2012 at 2:41 pm

ignore last comment!!!!

• Austin Pwrz

April 3, 2012 at 7:05 pm

does that mean we should ignore your last comment of ignore the last comment… or ignore all of the above…???

• mtooler

April 3, 2012 at 8:41 pm

lol

• tuppy

April 4, 2012 at 1:40 pm

that was nearly funny untill u laughed at it yourself

good write up warnie

4. SirBryceGibbs

April 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Good job by you Warnie. Looking forward to having a bit more of a play around with it now I’m confident that I won’t completely (John) butcher my team up accidentally. FYI, please check out our new podcast The Adrian Anderson All Stars on all things footy. Would like to know peoples thoughts… Cheers

• TheColonel

April 3, 2012 at 3:03 pm

no one gives a shit about your crappy podcast.
      stop advertising or pay warnie.

5. Harper

April 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Thanks Warnie.
    Great ‘how to’ advice.
    Ever thought of teaching? :-D

I prefered when you could see the team on the field for changes..feels a bit claustrophobic,but the benefits are good.
    Is there a way to search for your trade in player by highest to lowest price, instead of by highest to lowest points?

Brak

April 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm

+1 loved the old on field system, would be nice if it was an option. When head to head games start I see that the unique players at the top will be useful but still would like to have the option to view the teams on the field.

Warnie

April 3, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Hit the ‘VALUE’ button at the top…

• Daniel

April 3, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Yes, you just select the player name/value column instead.
      With assistant coach you can select on projected scores and a heap more useful criteria

6. Harper

April 3, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Ta Big W. :-)

7. Warnie

Warnie

April 3, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I should mention… if you have the AFL Dream Team Assistant Coach… all of this is so much more awesome. Activate your trial, or pay the $20 to get it. It is well worth it!

This is not a paid endorsement, just a community service announcement making you better at DT. We’re here to help! ;)

• buckaroon

April 3, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Is it worth the trade though so early? And if so why?

• tuppy

April 4, 2012 at 1:51 pm

haha what ,thats up to you

• Shane

April 3, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I have the assistant coach it is pretty awesome gives u plenty of info and articles to read.
      Just need it to tell me what to do with blood Brian Lake :p

Warnie

April 3, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Email Roy (email should be in an article) and he may answer you question this week!

• Shane

April 3, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Thanks bloke love ya work. If I could figure out how to use twitter properly I’d be a keen follower haha

• Harper

April 3, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I wonder if he will say…trade him out when Darley is named.
          I’m hoping Brian will improve mightily tis week anyway.

and Broughton..

and Shaw……

sigh….(slinks off sheepishly)

• The x Factor

April 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm

yeah, I’m gonna wait for lake. could come good

and if he keeps spudding it I’ll get in darley or doherty when their on the bubble.

8. joseph

April 3, 2012 at 3:23 pm

i don’t like this reversal trade much. All my mates are mad monday traders and won’t get punished, they can just reverse the trades. it should still hurt them but.

• Sammy J

April 3, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I feel exactly the same way! It doesn’t teach impatient people a lesson!

• Shagdush

April 3, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Haven’t you been so disgusted as a coach with one or two of your selections trade them out on Manic Monday only to regret it 5 minutes later after you’ve calmed down and taken stock. This is the button for those people :)

• morgs10

April 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm

+1 Reversible trades suck

Warnie

April 3, 2012 at 4:14 pm

We don’t want DT to become biggest nerd wins! Let me trade before the beers take hold on a Friday arvo and then if the shit hits the fan, I can undo it (under supervision of sober friends). Hello Heath Shaw last season for a lot of people.

Like I said, can’t be biggest nerd wins… same goes for my argument against having partial lockout all weekend. That would be way too high maintenence.

• joseph

April 3, 2012 at 4:29 pm

yer admittingly i might of done a trade just to see the system but then reverse it, its a good tool to have but it used to be funny watching my mates when teams come out saying, “what he isn’t playing he got 80 on the weekend” and be stuck with him or when they don’t know he’s injured. should be a good tool but

• Albert Lloyd

April 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Please stop ending your sentences with ‘but’.

Turrible use of English language.

• tuppy

April 4, 2012 at 1:46 pm

please stop being a nerd ..its not biggest nerd wins

• Mollyfud

April 3, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Totally, totally agree with you Warnie! Can’t see the argument against reversing trades. Have been times when I have had commitments around the lockout time and so either traded early and prayed for no issues or didn’t trade when I wanted! This just gives another chance to trade a bit earlier and reverse it (if I am available) if unforseen issue occurs!

The more that is done to make it accessible to everyone, the better the competition will get!

• tuppy

April 4, 2012 at 1:50 pm

how would it still hurt them if they can reverse it??..if ya counting on that to give you a thrill or advantage over ya mates give up
      its more for the heath saw case ,not to help monday traders

9. Pettiger

April 3, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Interesting new system. Well explained Warnie. However, I won’t be using it until at least round 4.

• Shane

April 3, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Your keen.

Team must be solid. What score u make first round mate?

• Pettiger

April 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm

A pretty poor 2048, but the only non-player was Pfeiffer so there is no need to trade any time soon.

• Shane

April 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Still a decent score thou. Yea I had him but traded him out coz I saw he wasn’t playing should go alright thou.
          Don’t u have guys that are a bit of a concern thou? Namely Morris, Elis, Lake, Dickson surely u couldn’t be putting up with them until round four? I’ve been very close to using a trade already but am holding out at least till next round haha

• Pettiger

April 3, 2012 at 6:57 pm

The only reason for trading in round 1 or 2 is for a long term injury.

• Spiff

April 3, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I expected more from Pettiger

10. Niccolo

April 3, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Hey guys what are your thoughts on Tomlinson. if he fails this week i’m considering trading him to mohr. By r3 how many trades is too many? I was thinking about using 3.

• Genghis Khan

April 3, 2012 at 4:23 pm

That would be the dumbest thing ive just about ever heard! He scored 54 on the weekend which isnt terrible from a rook. (not sure what your were expecting him to score?) But straight swapping him to Mohr who could easily only score 30-40 most weeks (being a full back) is just plain madness!
      Your better off giving that trade to charity!
      Niccolo you are the GKMOTW! (Genghis Khan Muppet Of The Week)
      Baffling….

• the big cheese

April 3, 2012 at 7:53 pm

cant see tomlinson getting a game this week, but i could be wrong..

• PurpleArmy (aka Space Goats)

April 3, 2012 at 5:40 pm

theres stuff all rookies in the backline that are worthy cash cows, Tomlinson had a decent 54 first up, he’ll improve once he settles into the speed of the game

11. DK

April 3, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Thanks for the advice Warnie clear as now.

BTW I see you used your Dad’s team for the experiment, nice work!

12. justin

April 3, 2012 at 5:25 pm

does anyone know when the lions vs blues teams will be announced? thanks

• TheColonel

April 3, 2012 at 9:50 pm

tomorrow

13. Samsa

April 3, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Hopefully i won’t need to do any trades next week. Just need a few of my premiums to score like premiums. A la Shaw. I praise anyone who went with Cloke, should eat the tigers defence alive this week.Expect a 120+.

• PurpleArmy (aka Space Goats)

April 3, 2012 at 5:41 pm

with his kicking lately, prob more like 80..haha

• Mateyman

April 3, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Yeah I’ve got clone. Had 93 on hawks which is a pretty good effort. So annoying though his 93 could have been 109 if his 2.3 1 out on the flu had been 5.1. None of his shots were that hard. Hope he rips up the Trigs this week. Would never have the balls to go him captain but it mightn’t be that bad an option. ALthough, Swanny and Pendles vs the Tigs…

14. leetrevor81

April 3, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Lots of people talking about trades already which is quite amazing.

A big one seems to be trading out Lake for Bugg.

What you need to ask yourselves is, will Lake score 30 every round and will Bugg score 100 every round?

How would you feel if this week Bugg scores 30 and Lake scores 100? See how they go over a few rounds, don’t judge them on one game.

15. The x Factor

April 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm

got a few decisions to make this week guys.

I know its early but who would you put on the field between:

2 out of lake, bogg, ellis, morris

2 out of magner, sheil, coniglio

2 out of kennedy, porplyzia, smith, hall

who would you pick?

• The x Factor

April 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm

bugg

• PurpleArmy (aka Space Goats)

April 3, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Lake and Bugg
        Magner and Shiel (should play a full game this week after getting match fintness)
        Kennedy and prob Smith (against the Kangas both should do alright)

• Albert Lloyd

April 3, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Did you just trade Kennedy into your team after his 7 goals on the weekend?

• juddy69

April 3, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I’m assuming it is Adam Kennedy (GWS)

• The x Factor

April 3, 2012 at 9:12 pm

you would be correct assuming it’s adam kennedy.

I’m not that dumb lloydy!

A few hard decisions there. think conigs has less risk factor as sheil could get another vest.

also we don’t know when porps will get back to his best. Any more opinions?

• london eagles

April 3, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Def think shiel is safer option but does safe get u a brand new car or does it get u a high finish

• Birdy

April 3, 2012 at 9:36 pm

i’d say if you pay more than 150k for a player you should at least be starting them on the gound

• Ingoes

April 3, 2012 at 11:04 pm

unless you bought them with awareness that they hadn’t played in a long time and would need time to find their feet. i could understand playing kennedy over porplyzia this weekend

• cookiemon72

April 4, 2012 at 9:02 am

X factor seeing as you consider yourself one of the “finest dreamteamers” (your words) i would have thought you already would know the answer to your questions???

16. Fatty McButterpants

April 3, 2012 at 5:44 pm

HELP

when i hit the T button, i just get a heap of lists, ie most popular trades, highest scoring players and most expensive players. how do i get my team on screen?

• Daniel

April 3, 2012 at 6:45 pm

your team is listed to the left… did you even bother reading the article above??

• Fatty McButterpants

April 3, 2012 at 11:14 pm

yes, sm art ar se, did you bother to read my post? clearly not.

i dont post often but when i do, its what i think is a legit question that may also assist others (ie i thought others might have been having the same problem i had) or its information/opinion that may assist others. if u dont have anything to add, shut your fkn mouth, 1 diot.

• Daniel

April 11, 2012 at 9:25 pm

obviously i did as i am telling you where your team is listed idi ot
          you post when it is needed? more like unneeded and idiotic.
          go chat on facebook with the other noobs

17. PurpleArmy (aka Space Goats)

April 3, 2012 at 5:47 pm

i hope this doesnt happen, thats all we need, people with Ellis and Morris in the backs are gonna hate it (i’ve got Ellis), these articles are just based on speculation though

“although there is a chance that half-back Brandon Ellis will be replaced. Ellis struggled with the pace of the game in his debut”

• McScoundrel

April 3, 2012 at 5:55 pm

More genius from the big brains down at Tigerland…thanks for giving us the new Relton!

Warnie

April 3, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Remember that these are opinion based pieces from a reporter… just their thoughts on the club.

• McScoundrel

April 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm

You’re right Warnie…there’s no way Richmond would swing the axe on their young disposal machine and swing Deledio back to the half-back area – the yellow and black army would go ape!

• Fatty McButterpants

April 3, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Morris and Ellis WILL NOT get dropped. Thursdays game was a high pressure one (at least for Richmond) so Dimma will cut them some slack. We need Morris’ courage and Ellis’ skills. Those 2 were far from the worst Tigers and Dimma knows he needs to get games into them. If you still dont believe me, look at Richmond’s emergencies from last week – bl00dy woeful.

• The x Factor

April 3, 2012 at 7:42 pm

well collingwood will be no easier……

18. Ethan

April 3, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Buggs score of 97 on the weekend was a big fluke.
    He will not score over 90 again this week or probably for the year.

• PurpleArmy (aka Space Goats)

April 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm

We’ll see, would you rather have Ellis or Morris on the field instead of Bugg then..haha i wouldnt

• Ethan

April 3, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Na haha I wouldn’t!

I’m just saying this for people who are considering trading Bugg in for Lake this early in the season.
        Wait one more round then if it’s a similar output as round 1 then trade Lake out for Buggy but for now just give them another chance to prove themselves

19. Mark

April 3, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Need some advice. Assuming Howard is gone for a few weeks I will have to trade him. I have no cash left and only want to make the one trade. My backline is birchill, shaw, deledio, Goddard, Hargrave, bugg, Ellis and morris and for the moment Howard.
    Should I consider a downgrade to another rookie, a punt on a k. Hunt or m. Clarke, or an even bigger punt on a similar priced player

• thommo

April 3, 2012 at 6:05 pm

marty clarke

• Ethan

April 3, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I reckon go with the Khunt!! Unique pick and has looked better dream team wise than Clarke in pre season matches and Round 1!

20. thommo

April 3, 2012 at 6:05 pm

should i play porpus or adam kennedy this week?

assistant coach says that porpus historically plays well against western bulldogs

thoughts ???

• Ethan

April 3, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Yeah man stick with the porpus I reckon

• PurpleArmy (aka Space Goats)

April 3, 2012 at 7:45 pm

id go with kennedy, his last 2 games are 97 and 116, the kids a gun. Gets heaps of it and marks alot. Against the Kangas too :)

21. london eagles

April 3, 2012 at 6:32 pm

should i go coniglio or risk it and go clay smith?

• Albert Lloyd

April 3, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Trade wise or on the ground?

• london eagles

April 3, 2012 at 9:26 pm

If it was trade wise it wouldn’t be a question. So do u reckon Clay will out score coniglio this weekend for my last mid?

22. Mateyman

April 3, 2012 at 6:35 pm

KHunt will probably be a decent rook in defence given the quality of back line rooks

• Magpie28

April 4, 2012 at 12:02 am

Awesome job security too… lock!

23. Spiff

April 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Nice article Warnie and thanks for explaining it.
    Havent heard from the self confessed master TKOL
    What was his score?

• The x Factor

April 3, 2012 at 7:44 pm

2082

• Spiff

April 3, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Cheers.
        Not as sgood as his attitude

• Spiff

April 3, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Or that piss poor effort above

24. Nooie

April 3, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Help guys! I am one of these SUPER FRIGGIN STUP1D NOOBS! I STARTED WITHOUT MAGNER. He is NOT in my team FMDT. What do I do?

My current midfield is Swan, Boyd, Ablett, Thompson, Coniglio, Shiel, CSmith and Hampton.
    Need Hampton for DDP, Conigs and Shiel are going to be guns, so I am stuffed.

Help THANK YOU!

• BOOMER

April 3, 2012 at 7:49 pm

it’s meant to say coniglio for magner, soz about the typo.

• PurpleArmy (aka Space Goats)

April 3, 2012 at 7:51 pm

If Coniglio has another 50 point game id prob go with him to Magner.

25. BOOMER

April 3, 2012 at 7:34 pm

hey Nooie!

i’d trade hampton for coniglio for magner, it will free you up 100k spare change for later, and you gain…THE MAGNET! win-win deal! Plus you keep you’re DPP with Hampton. That’s what i’d do, later nooie!

26. BOOMER

April 3, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I thought i’d have a go and make some trades for a bit of a laugh!

After i’d had my fun, I clicked ‘reverse trades’….nothing happened? clicked it again, and again, and again……nothing changed….F$##%%%&&&!!!!!!!

It finally worked by the 5th click, seems there’s a few glitches in the system? lol

• Chuck Norris

April 3, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Yeah, it must be a glitch because I had it too!

I was freaking out man, clicked about 100 times.
      I finally calmed down, refreshed the page, and clicked reverse and it worked first time.

so I think all you have to do is refresh before you can reverse!

27. Nodo Nuts

April 3, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Phew….. Major panic. Just tried a dummy trade and then I couldn’t find the “REVERSE TRADE” button.

If anyone is using Footynerd you’ll find it hides the reverse trade button so you have to go out of your “Team” and then back in again. Voila – button reappears.

Question – I’ve got Luenbergeer and Enright. Obviously I didn’t research well enough to realise Enright had an achilles problem on the mend and Leuy was spending more time up front. Yeah I know not to trade now but…….. Ryder and Birchall look pretty good.

Any good advice?????

• Birdy

April 3, 2012 at 9:43 pm

give it at least a weeek

28. adam88

April 3, 2012 at 8:37 pm

A little idea i had.. obviously depending on round 2 performances.

Ellis OUT

Smedts from fwd bench to def bench

Gun Fwd rookie IN forwards!!!!!

• Chuck Norris

April 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Sounds good but depends which fwd rooks you have and are planning to trade in.

If you missed out on Kennedy sounds like a plan but any others it’s definitely no worth it.

Keep in mind though that Ellis still has a lot of potential and will take time to produce good scores

• adam88

April 3, 2012 at 11:20 pm

its not so much an idea for Me.. but more an example of how the new trading could work for others.. i feel i mosty NAILED my rookie picking.. thanks mostly to.. well.. luck..
        i got Hargrave ellis, bugg tomlinson and fiddly-dee-potatoes down back

Coniglio, shiel, magnet and old mac in mids

giles and stephenson (didnt go redden.. probly should have)

kennedy, d.smith, hampton, smedts and milera in fwds

shame about H.Shaw.. i was suckered in again.. oh well fool me once.. fool me twice fool me 3 times then average 110? hope so

• BOOMER

April 4, 2012 at 12:54 am

Definatley should have taken Redden!

Apparently Brogan is back for GWS this week, meaning giles has to share ruck duties and his scores will problably drop. So having Redden (who is currently no.1 ruck – with Renouf not performing well in the SAFL last week) is a MUST HAVE for anyone using a 1 premo 3 rookie ruck structure and a great cash cow for those with 2 premos in ruck.

Let’s face it, the Big O really is a complete waste of DT space! lol

29. Scott

April 3, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Pfeiffer for Magner
    J Cameron for A Kennedy
    i know its only round 1 but i want to get my rooks sorted,
    thoughts would be appreciated.

• Spiff

April 3, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Wait till after round 2 but I believe you are fixing your troubles.
      Is it worth the two trades you must ask yourself

30. Andrew

April 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Ok, I am trying to exercise some willpower and wait till round 2 or 3, but having scored only 1987 in the season opener, something has to change pretty quickly.

If i weaken and make a change, it would only be one trade for now. My query is this:

Which move would you DT’ers make?
    MID: Coniglio OUT Clay Smith IN
    or
    FOR: Dickson / Cameron OUT Kennedy IN

I already have Devon Smith from GWS in my forward line, while my MID bench is Magner and Masten, and my FOR bench is Dickson and Cameron.

Penny for people’s thoughts?

• crowsrock

April 3, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Why is Masten on your bench and Coniglio on the field? If you spend 300k odd on a player you dont put them on your bench, thats just a waste of money!

Also both those trades are stupid after the first week, Kennedy and Smith could both score 40 while Dickson and Coniglio both ton this, at least wait until after round 2 before trading rookies

• Andrew

April 3, 2012 at 10:33 pm

It was a last second trade on my iPhone, and everything closed before I could swap Coniglio for Masten for my M6.

It was unfortunate, just like having Magner and Bugg on my bench, but them’s the breaks.

Thanks for the tips, folks, I will hold fire for another week and hope I can improve the situation and perhaps trade with a bit more information rd 2 or 3.

• Ingoes

April 3, 2012 at 11:23 pm

put masten on the field this week

• Chuck Norris

April 3, 2012 at 10:04 pm

DO NOT Trade this week! It’s just illogical whichever way you look at it.

However, if these rooks keep the way they’re going this weekend I would do the second trade.
      Even though Clay Smith looks a good pick-up, the reason you picked Coniglio is because he’ll play or play close to 20 games this year, much more than any other 1st year. You’ve go to give him time.

As for Dickson or Cameron, Dickson looked very ordinary and Cameron will have plenty of opportunities at the Giants, so trade out Dickson.

31. hazza44

April 3, 2012 at 9:49 pm

whats peoples thoughts on milera??

• Chuck Norris

April 3, 2012 at 10:00 pm

+1 I would also like to know!

I did watch the game on Sunday though and he looked very good, found a lot of the ball.
      I think just watch him this week and if does well only question mark will be his JS.

So, any Saints fans or others, what’s Milera’s job security?

32. Jacob

April 3, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Is it worth keeping redden in my team, will he start to score like he did last year or will he fail again like this week.

• Haydos_17

April 3, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Keep him mate. I too have Redden and im expecting him to bounce back this week.

• adam88

April 3, 2012 at 11:25 pm

i got luck and went with his buddy rockliff.. i always say stick with your guns.. unless injured. your pre-season research will pay off (heres loooking at YOU Mr Shaw)

• Ingoes

April 3, 2012 at 11:35 pm

oh. My. God.

33. Nealos

April 3, 2012 at 10:43 pm

My Current BackLine:

Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Golby, Howard***, Bugg, Ellis [Morris, Smedts]

Still unsure what to do with Howard?

Straight Swap him to Hargrave
    Bring in a Rookie, Guthrie, Clarke?
    Other Options?
    Advice :)

• ozmike

April 4, 2012 at 12:37 am

Don’t trade this week :-)

• BOOMER

April 4, 2012 at 12:58 am

If you do decide to trade this week, Hargreave seems the safest option imo.

34. Albert Lloyd

April 4, 2012 at 1:41 am

HAY GUYZ

Will Jack Redden from the Lions come good or is he fewlz gold?

• stew42

April 4, 2012 at 3:20 am

He is soooo good… tackle god!

35. tomjay

April 4, 2012 at 10:11 am

just made my first trade, broughton to birchall.
    him playing mids is bullshit.. and with mundy coming back and barlow will be starting this week.. he will be scoring 60s all year.

36. Brendan

April 4, 2012 at 10:35 am

Correct me if I’m wrong, but what the hell has changed, other than a screen?

In the past, say if Fyfe did a knee, I would just sub Fyfe from forwards with another dual posy player (eg. Sidebottom from mids). Fyfe would then be in my mids. Then I would trade Fyfe out for another gun midfielder. I could do this with 1 trade, not 2.

What the hell has changed, other than new a pretty screen.

Am I wr wr wr wr wrong?

Warnie

April 4, 2012 at 10:55 am

That’s where you are wr wr wr wr wrong… you need a DPP link to do that. Now you don’t. Read what I wrote and look at the players carefully.

• Brendan

April 4, 2012 at 12:25 pm

OK, call me stupid (you wouldn’t be the first), but in your example you didn’t state that Dylan Shiel wasn’t DPP, hence my confusion.

Love ya work

37. swanlow36

April 4, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Did my first trade just then: Lake (Yuck 29 Points) > Hargrave. Hope this pays off.

Then Adam NoGoodes > Fyfe. Two trades of the year done and dusted. Team is set for the long season ahead.

DEF: A Carrazzo, T Bugg, B Deledio, R Hargrave, D Heppell, M Clarke, H Shaw, B Ellis, S Darley

MID: G Ablett, S Thompson, M Boyd, J Magner, D Swan, C Smith, S Coniglio, D Shiel

RUCK: S Mumford, J Giles, J Redden, O Stephenson

FWD: L Franklin, N Fyfe, A Kennedy, T Cloke, S Sidebottom, D Martin, D Smith, A Hall, T Dickson

Shifted Coniglio and Shiel to the bench and in goes Magner (depending on team selection) and C Smith. Thoughts on my team?

• Zan

April 4, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Rule No.2 – Thou shalt not trade mid-week

38. grazza82

April 4, 2012 at 12:24 pm

hi guys and gals,i know its early….buuuut

Mitchell or stanton in Gibbs out next week??

• Brendan

April 4, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Keep your trades – you will need them later in the year. Gibbs is DT gold.

• tomjay

April 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm

1 trade this week won’t hurt.

• Ingoes

April 4, 2012 at 4:00 pm

troll much?

39. Dylan

April 7, 2012 at 3:26 pm

What do we think about Jack Redden out for Brent Stanton before the price rise?

Also..

Waiting for Barlow to drop to his lowest point from being the sub them trading a premium out for him towards the middle of the season?

40. Jaidyn