My Team

My Team 2012: Version 1.0

Monty’s Fanplanner over on FanFooty.com.au has already had coaches putting potential teams together for 2012. The prices aren’t locked in yet and we don’t even have all of the players drafted, but we can use this as a guide. So this is version 1.0 of our AFL Dream Teams for 2012. Have a play, post it up and comment on other teams!

Here is the place for you to post your FanFooty Fan Planner teams. If you don’t know what we’re talking about, head on over to FanFooty.com.auand sign up if you don’t have an account already and click the “Fan Planner” logo.

Monty has predicted prices for all players eligible for selection in the 2011 AFL Dream Team (and SuperCoach) working on the actual salary cap. They won’t be 100% so make sure you don’t set your heart on the team you make as there will be some changes when DT opens on February 1.

To make it easier, please post your team in the following format, remembering we’re back to 7 defenders (2 bench), 6 midfielders (2 bench), 2 ruckmen (2 bench), 7 forwards (2 bench):

TEAM NAME: Warne Dawgs
DEF: A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player (A. Player, A. Player)
MID: A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player (A. Player, A. Player)
RUC: A. Player, A. Player (A. Player, A. Player)
FWD: A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player, A. Player (A. Player, A. Player)
CASH LEFT: $9,999

Monty has made it easy to copy and paste at the bottom of your team. Highlight and copy the section after “Code for copying and pasting on the Dream Team Talk blog:” and then paste it into the comments. Thanks Monty!!

Post your team up, but make sure you comment on other people’s teams… constructively! Hit the reply button on the team you’re commenting on so it’s easy to keep track of! Have fun!

* If you’re reading in the future, these are for teams pre-drafts and the finalised pricing from the Assistant Coach.

1. Pettiger

December 9, 2011 at 9:49 am

Take 2 after the price changes.

TEAM NAME: Pete’s Posers
    DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Lake, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (B. Ellis, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, T. Rockliff, S. Thompson, H. Scotland, D. Prestia, S. Savage (D. Zorko, D. Shiel)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, R. O’Keefe, D. Stanley, N. Riewoldt, J. Patton, A. Saad (T. Walsh, J. Porplyzia)
    CASH LEFT: $11,500

• The x Factor

December 9, 2011 at 9:57 am

would you pick lake over armstrong?

I know preseason will detrmine a lot but who do you think will score better next year?

• The x Factor

December 9, 2011 at 9:57 am

determine

• Pettiger

December 9, 2011 at 10:01 am

If Lake returns to 2010 form, I will have him any day.

• tkol

December 9, 2011 at 10:33 am

TKOL likes this!

• stew42

December 10, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Yeah… odds are he won’t… Armstrong is a much safer bet, although with maybe slightly less reward

• RLGriffin

December 16, 2011 at 9:39 am

Armstrong is a safer bet? I love the guy, but he is moving to a new team, in an unknown position, and he has had off-field problems most of his career. Remember the hype about A.Everitt moving to Sydney?

2. Brappinalong

December 9, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I’ve only recently started looking at the MB rounds and when you look at your team in detail it’s going to be very hard covering all byes-Rd 13 for defenders…No Gibbs,Goddard or Lids- these 3 are in EVERY team add to that if you were thinking of running Scotland, Hartlett, Suckers or Birchall aswell…DEPLETED backline!!!

• eeepobreci

December 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Yep, 20 outta 30 top priced defenders missing in end 13.
      Can’t wait to see what VS come up with!?!?!

December 9, 2011 at 12:44 pm

We gonna get a tough as league going next year again?, I reckon TKOL would be in. It was always hovering around rank 20ish TY.

• tkol

December 9, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Absolutely!

December 9, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Well we have 3 teams..now we just gotta find another 13 worthy of participating in I think (correct me if I’m wrong) was the best DT Talk affiliated league this year. Bring it on auditions….

• McScoundrel

December 9, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Boys…consider my team for your league and I will bring it!

December 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Sweet as bro, just remember this league is all about ranking!!!! no “league” premiership crap…Your team must be a pure and simple ranking powerhouse. Who cares beating some mates that are ranked 17000th….pfffttttttt.

• McScoundrel

December 9, 2011 at 2:05 pm

No fear. I used to be in a cash comp with my mates but that isn’t happening this year so I’m all about getting the car pure and simple.

• Birdy

December 9, 2011 at 4:36 pm

count me in, i did have the most points overall last year..

• RLGriffin

December 16, 2011 at 9:41 am

I’m in if you want me.

• eeepobreci

December 9, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I’d love to!
          That week I scored 1727 still haunts me!!

• tkol

December 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm

All we can look forward to is the future lol

December 9, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Really!! no shit I got my best score for the year 2495- got 8th ranking overall for that week (Rd24).

• eeepobreci

December 9, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Atleast for me, now that we’re back to squad of 30, it’s 3 less “duds,” for me to choose. lol
            Alik Magin, Easton Wood, Grimes- killed it for my backline.
            So yeah, BRING IT ON!

• Jed

January 7, 2012 at 11:21 am

Hi lads im in whats the league code

• Jed

January 7, 2012 at 11:24 am

Brapps I want in

• The x Factor

December 9, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I wouldn’t mind being in the league, I was in a really good league last year that made top 300 or so and want to make the next step. I haven’t made any big overall rankings but Iv’e only really gotten the hang of picking the right players mid way through last year so I think I’m ready to really break through. What do you think?

• Robdog88

December 9, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Im keen for the league to, should improve heaps on last year and would love to go up against some of the best on this site. Im in if youse want me in?

• goodgod

December 9, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Yep, great comp last year fellas. I’ll be in again for sure. Lets push that ranking…

• mtooler

December 15, 2011 at 9:51 am

Get me in Brapp, put in a good word with the management for me! :)

• wallcob

December 15, 2011 at 2:42 pm

im keen mate. if you want to see my FP team at this point in time i’ll be happy to email it to you. not too keen on leaking it in the forums :)

• Wardo

December 15, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Chuck me in guys. Slipped away towards the end finished around the top 1000 mark. Team was right in it for most of the season though

• The x Factor

December 9, 2011 at 12:49 pm

maybe in those rounds we could just cut down the amount of players playing on the field?

• Birdy

December 9, 2011 at 4:39 pm

that could actually work, doubt it will happen but its a good idea

3. Ziplock

December 9, 2011 at 6:58 pm

heard it mentioned before. Makes sense I guess, it could be doable fielding like 5 backs, 4 mids, 1 ruck and 5 forwards. Not easy, but doable.

• The x Factor

December 9, 2011 at 9:51 pm

yeah, I think it still makes it a challenge considering all the teams with byes but it does make it possible to field a team in those rounds. Iv’e checked and it’s going to be impossible for ANYONE to not have at least one doghnut. It won’t even be worth it to make your team based around the byes because you won’t make any reasonable scores for the other 20 weeks!

4. Robdog88

December 10, 2011 at 11:24 am

Who does everyone think will be the better pick between enright, suckling, birchall, hartlett & broughton?

• stew42

December 10, 2011 at 11:38 am

Ok, here goes

Broughton: depends on how Lyon’s feeling, he could be a tagger (crap) or playing a midfield role (yay). Wait a few rounds and see if you want to upgrade to him…

Suckling/Birchall: both solid picks, and should maintain or improve their averages in 2012.

Hartlett: if he doesn’t stumble and tear off his hamstring, he will be PA’s best DT player, which isn’t really saying much. Pass.

Enright: Getting older, but a proven premo, however his 2011 was inconsistent, one day he would get 150, then 60 the next. Also a pass for me.

• Robdog88

December 10, 2011 at 11:41 am

cheers mate, i was thinking probably suckling but its just such a hard bunch to seperate.

December 10, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Just remember with Suckers the Hawks rely on his booming kick to break the lines and create room – he’s not always involved in midfield run/possession footy. He’s a go to man and for consistency I’d go Birch before him.

December 10, 2011 at 12:11 pm

lol haha I’m not sure my comment made sense?? Sat morning hangovers suck!!

• Robdog88

December 10, 2011 at 12:17 pm

sort of made sense haha i agree with what u said though only reason i had suckling before birchall was because i thought birchall was like 30 but then i saw he was only 23 so for the moment im going birchall

• eeepobreci

December 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm

G’day buddy.
      ATM I’ve got Broughton, just ahead of Birchall, then Suckling.
      Hartlett too injury prone for mine.
      Enright can suffer from the dreaded forward tag, IMHO.
      Ofcourse it depends on what role Lyon has in store for Broughts.
      With Gibbs, Goddard & Delidio all missing from round 13, I guess Broughts gets the nod by default ahead of Birchall & Suckling, who also miss in rnd 13, so let’s see what VS does regarding the byes.

• stew42

December 10, 2011 at 12:12 pm

True, I did forget about the bye. I am in a pickle.

December 10, 2011 at 12:13 pm

We all are..(god damn MB rounds)

• Robdog88

December 10, 2011 at 12:18 pm

yer currently im going birchall but depending on the byes it could be broughton.

• Robdog88

December 10, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Some how i think the fanfooty prices could be quite incorrect though cause the team i just made today has 16 guns + dan connors (164k), wingard (137k?), morabito (128k), docherty (112k). So im doubting it will fit in the salary cap once the official planner comes out and i very well could end up dropping back to waters ahead of all those mentioned in my original comment.

December 10, 2011 at 12:24 pm

I think Waters should be in your team no matter what.

• Robdog88

December 10, 2011 at 12:27 pm

so you would go waters over any of the 5 mentioned and just use the money elsewhere? ill send you my team and tell us what you think, and yes i know it will no doubt change plenty of times before start of season and its not official prices yet but anyway.

• eeepobreci

December 10, 2011 at 12:31 pm

For what it’s worth, my 4 locks are Gibbs, Goddard, Delidio & Waters.

December 10, 2011 at 12:52 pm

+1 eeep’s

5. rastaman

December 11, 2011 at 12:54 am

Have my doubts on Brown, Voldt and Dids but can’t resist them at the moment based on “perceived” value!

TEAM NAME: Rastamaster
    DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, C. Yarran, B. Lake, B. Smedts (B. Ellis, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Clarke, S. Coniglio (T. Mitchell, D. Shiel)
    RUC: D. Cox, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia (M. Panos, T. Walsh)
    CASH LEFT: $9,900

• PurpleArmy

December 11, 2011 at 9:50 am

Round 13 is gonna murder you.

Lids
      Gibbs
      Gods
      Yarran
      and both ya benchies are out

• rastaman

December 11, 2011 at 9:58 am

Some DP magic will hopefully resolve that and the bench option will be upgraded by then. ;)

• PurpleArmy

December 11, 2011 at 10:09 am

yeah didnt know too much bout O’meara other then he had a lot of hype about him. probably be a player to look at next season

Morton was a late inclusion still not sure, had him at the start last season and burnt me so may be gone soon

• PurpleArmy

December 11, 2011 at 10:11 am

wish you could delete posts on her specially when ya put em in the wrong part…haha

Its hard to pick decent bench options at this stage until we see them play, cant bloody wait for nab cup :)

6. Kerry Bridge

December 11, 2011 at 9:40 am

TEAM NAME: F Troop
    DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, B. Waters, C. Morton, R. Conca, W. Sierakowski (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, D. Martin, M. Barlow, W. Hoskin-Elliott (C. Bartlett, M. Clarke)
    RUC: S. Jacobs, M. Kreuzer (I. Maric, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, S. Sidebottom, L. Adams, A. Morabito, J. Porplyzia (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $83,800

Comments
    DEF
    Conca will move into the midfield rotation this year, he had a solid 2011 with an interrupted pre-season (ankle surgery). He has been training with Deledio/Cotchin and his fitness base has the coaching staff rapt.

Morton is in at the moment will be worth watching what role the new coach has for him

MID
    Martin is having a pre-season out of the box. Reports prior and during the Arizona trip have been saying he is flying. 3rd season breakout.

Ruck
    Maric has been selected as a bench player considering he is now pencilled in for 1st ruck at Richmond. I expect solid numbers from him and his average should increase due to TOG.

• tigers1980

December 11, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Dustin Martin

Pros:
      Super fit this pre-season
      3rd year breakout
      Rest in the forwards
      Kicks Goals
      Great Kick to Handball ratio
      Delidio to midfield means he wont be tagged

Cons
      Price

7. rastaman

December 11, 2011 at 9:53 am

Some DP magic will hopefully resolve that.

• PurpleArmy

December 11, 2011 at 9:59 am

gonna be tough for everyone through rounds 11-13 makes it very interesting :)

8. PurpleArmy

December 11, 2011 at 9:57 am

TEAM NAME: Space Goats
    DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Waters, B. Lake, A. Tomlinson (B. Ellis, B. Wilkes)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, T. Armstrong, S. Coniglio (M. Clarke, J. O’Meara)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
    FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, C. Pedersen, J. Brown, M. Morton, A. Morabito (J. Porplyzia, T. Walsh)
    CASH LEFT: $15,800

• rastaman

December 11, 2011 at 10:02 am

– Morton is a second rate player unlikely to play regular firsts football
      – O’Meara will struggle in 2012 ;)

• PurpleArmy

December 11, 2011 at 10:09 am

• tigers1980

December 11, 2011 at 10:19 am

Mitch Morton has the potential to score really well.

It will depend where his head is at; if Sydney can get him motivated/confidence then he is a bargain.

Richmond got pick 71 for him during trade week, that really says it all.

• RLGriffin

December 16, 2011 at 9:44 am

This may sound stupid, but wasn’t O’Meara a 17 yr old draft concession on-traded, meaning he can’t play until season 2013?

• Aaron

December 18, 2011 at 8:02 pm

yeh he wont play till 2013, one to look out for though in the future

9. james_10

December 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm

TEAM NAME: Blue Boys 2012
    DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, B. Waters, M. Buntine, C. Dempsey (S. Morris, S. Docherty)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, C. Wingard, S. Coniglio (T. Bugg, D. Zorko)
    RUC: D. Cox, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. LeCras, D. Zaharakis, A. Morabito, J. Porplyzia (T. Dickson, A. Saad)
    CASH LEFT: $16,500

I’m pretty pleased with this team

10. tigers1980

December 12, 2011 at 10:38 am

TEAM NAME: F Troop
    DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, R. Conca, S. Docherty, W. Sierakowski (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, D. Martin, M. Barlow, W. Hoskin-Elliott (C. Bartlett, D. Shiel)
    RUC: B. McEvoy, S. Jacobs (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, D. Zaharakis, A. Morabito, J. Porplyzia (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $42,700

11. YhrisCen2969

December 12, 2011 at 7:05 pm

TEAM NAME: CHRIStmasComeEarly
    DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, B. Lake, S. Docherty, S. Morris (B. Ellis, T. Mohr)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, A. Miles (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
    FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, J. Riewoldt, D. Zaharakis, T. Elton (T. Walsh, D. Pearce)
    CASH LEFT: $2,000

• YhrisCen2969

December 13, 2011 at 8:28 pm

thoughts guys

12. marigoldman

December 12, 2011 at 10:22 pm

TEAM NAME: Radio Bemba
    DEF: B. Goddard, H. Hartlett, S. Martin, P. Hanley, J. Grimes, P. Bower, A. Tomlinson (J. Ferguson, T. Bugg)
    MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, T. Cotchin, J. Kennedy, M. Barlow, L. Power (J. Winderlich, B. Dalziell)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, N. Naitanui (R. Stanley, T. Derickx)
    FWD: T. Cloke, M. Robinson, J. Kennedy, A. Didak, J. Brown, I. Callinan, J. Patton (I. Folau, J. Porplyzia)
    CASH LEFT: $49,800

A quickly put together team that will undoubtedly be unrecognisable by the time 2012 season kicks off.

• mtooler

December 15, 2011 at 9:59 am

That stands out from the crowd.

13. preston007

December 13, 2011 at 9:05 am

TEAM NAME: Preston007
    DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, H. Hartlett, D. Heppell, J. Harbrow, T. Armstrong, M. Buntine (T. Bugg, S. Morris)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, P. Flanagan, A. Miles (T. Mitchell, D. Shiel)
    RUC: B. McEvoy, S. Mumford (J. Giles, T. Derickx)
    FWD: A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, M. Robinson, D. Zaharakis, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia (T. Walsh, A. Saad)
    CASH LEFT: $120,600

• preston007

December 13, 2011 at 4:47 pm

All or any advice would be greatly appreciated..

• mtooler

December 15, 2011 at 10:01 am

You have way too much cash left, and Australia says no to Derikx.

• preston007

December 15, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Cheers… do I need another premium / mid / higher priced rookies (DT rookie who has little idea!)

14. Leigh

December 13, 2011 at 9:41 am

Leighs 22
    Back
    Brendan Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Hamish Hartlett, Paul Duffield, Ryan Hargreaves, Dyson Hepell Daniel Connors, Adam tomlinson

Mids
    Gary Ablett (C), Dane Swan (vc), Anthony Morabito, Dylan Shiel, Stephen Congigilio, Chad Wingard, Hoskin-Elliott, Elliott Kavanagh

Rucks
    Aaron Sandilands, Drew Petrie (DPP)
    Jonathon Giles, Orren Stephesen

Forwards
    Lance Franklin, Patrick Ryder (DPP), David Zaharakis, Johnathon Brown, Steele Sidebottom, Jason Winderlich, Jason Porpylsia, Tory Dickson, Johnathon Patton

$605,000 Cash remaining for final adjustments, and like to have a bit of cash spare in opening rounds for round 1-2 bolters can upgrade dud rookies too. Lots of DPP players to cover injuries and reduced team list.

15. horse

December 13, 2011 at 11:05 am

Ive done this team assuming we no longer have gibbs as a defender.

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Shaw, Waters, Docherty, Morris (Ellis, Mohr)

MID: Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Boyd, Thompson, Shiel (Clarke, Zorko)

RUC: Leuenberger, Jacobs (Giles, Stephenson)

FWD: Franklin, Beams, Cloke, Robinson, Brown, Porplyzia, Saad (Walsh, Sexton)

30k left

16. Henry Anscombe

December 13, 2011 at 2:57 pm

TEAM NAME: Chook on the Run
    DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, M. Suckling, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (B. Ellis, M. Talia)
    MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, M. Murphy, S. Coniglio, A. Miles (T. Mitchell, D. Shiel)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, T. West (B. Longer, J. Giles)
    FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, M. Pavlich, J. Brown, J. Patton, J. Porplyzia (I. Folau, M. Newman)
    CASH LEFT: $112,800

• Henry Anscombe

December 13, 2011 at 2:58 pm

can somone plz give me some feedback

• RLGriffin

December 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Shaw is your biggest risk in the backline. He can score huge, but also go missing. I’m also not sure how many games Buntine will get at this stage.

Your central line looks really strong at this stage, and those GWS boys should get games most weeks.

West is the other one that stands out as a possible, as you want your second ruck averaging 80+ minimum a game.

I would also look at possible alternatives to either Patton or Falou in the forward line, as Falou is still gettin a handle on the game, and we aren’t sure if Patton will stay deep in a forward line that wont see the ball too often. Maybe consider Moribito instead? Otherwise you have a lot of good fundamentals right for a strong Guns and Rooks team.

• Henry Anscombe

December 14, 2011 at 11:55 am

thanks alot buddy
          i never really though that deep into the jon patton thing, i probably wont get him now.

I only have folau to demonstate that i will get a cheap rookie that will play most games, obviusly folua is a endorsment more than a player and in the first half of the season the need him to pull in the crowd. Folau qill average more than hunt i reckon.

J.Brown has had his best preseason in 10 years so i reckon if i can get even 10 rounds out of him before he gets injured that will still increase his price by a stack.

This is the first year for a while i havent had Sandi Cox as my ruckman so im not very confident in getting somone like mumford, mcevoy jacobs or kruezer because at least if trent west averages 80-90 he would be better that paying double the price and getting 10 more points every round.

Murray Newman was a steal for WCE in the draft reckon he will be featuring a bit like west coast like to do buy having a couple of youngins in the team each week.

Jason P is worth taking a chane on at that price, the crows will play him and getting 60-70 out of him is fine for a 90,000 player

• Athan

December 13, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Rucks should have 2 A Graders
      Fwds J. Brown, J. Patton, J. Porplyzia (I. Folau, M. Newman) all suspects and to much risk.

Folau will ave 25

• RLGriffin

December 13, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Falou will average less than Hunt in his first season? You sir, are a fool.

• RLGriffin

December 13, 2011 at 4:02 pm

But yeah, he still isn’t really worth having. You want your rookies scoring 80+ if possible, not 60+.

• mtooler

December 15, 2011 at 10:04 am

LOL! Tell us what you really think RL.

17. tkol

December 13, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Has everyone else lost the option of Bryce Gibbs in defence?

December 13, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I have :(

• PurpleArmy

December 14, 2011 at 8:34 pm

yeah me too, he’s gonna punish us for taking him out i can see it coming

18. PRo_MoE1144

December 13, 2011 at 4:46 pm

everyone picking rockliff so its gonna be pointless getting him :(

• mtooler

December 15, 2011 at 10:09 am

Probably not mate, he killed it for one year only. He still will only be 4th most popular mid choice at best. I would be surprised if that gets him around the 30% take up rate at best.

19. Henry

December 14, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Currently got Rockliff, Ablett, Shiel, Treloar and Beams in my mids. I want to have two players out of the group of Barlow (Ave 109.8 in 2010), Hayes (Ave 108 in 2010) and Nathan Van Bero (Ave 121.6 in his last 6 games of 2011). Who should I drop for another cash cow?

• Henry

December 14, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Sorry, I have Mitchell instead of Treloar.

20. The x Factor

December 14, 2011 at 1:20 pm

TEAM NAME: fantasy legend
    DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, B. Waters, B. Lake, S. Docherty (B. Ellis, T. Mohr)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, A. Miles (D. Shiel, E. Kavanagh)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Jacobs (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
    FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, J. Brown, T. Walsh, J. Porplyzia (D. Zorko, A. Saad)
    CASH LEFT: $47,800

okay, I’m very happy with this team right now. My aim has been to have at least a few premiums in each line (besides ruck), a couple of mid pricers that have a possibility of becoming keepers and at least a few rookies. Would people make any changes?

• tkol

December 14, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Very powerful squad for 14-12-11

21. PurpleArmy

December 14, 2011 at 8:24 pm

TEAM NAME: Space Goats
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, P. Duffield, B. Waters, B. Lake, T. Armstrong (S. Morris, L. Spurr)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, C. Wingard, S. Clifton (M. Clarke, D. Shiel)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
    FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Robinson, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $115,100

Decided to load up the backline for now with mid pricers, having that much in the bank though wont last long, wish i had a dollar for every player thats been in my team. Christmas would be a lot easier on the coin :)

• tkol

December 14, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Interesting, good variety which is a change. Shoot the duff man though

• PurpleArmy

December 14, 2011 at 10:40 pm

hes looking a lot leaner and fitter this pre season which could mean more mid time etc

• tkol

December 14, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Have to trust a free supporter with this one :)

• PurpleArmy

December 14, 2011 at 10:49 pm

while still being the rebounding defender. who knows we’ll just have to wait and see

22. mitchie

December 14, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Backline: Scotland Goddard Deledio Heppel Grimes Buntine Doherty (Ellis Mohr)

Middle: Swan Ablett Murphy Thomson Barlow Conglio (Wingard Morabito)

Rucks: Sandilands Kruezer (Stephonson Giles)

Forwards: Chapman Buddy Rioli Sidebottom Brown Hoskin-Elliot Porplyzia (Saad Tomilson)

SCOTLAND WILL BE GIBBS… please give me some feedback unsure about kreuzer, grimes or sidebottom

• tkol

December 14, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Super side, wish it was that good in 3 months ay!

23. mitchie

December 14, 2011 at 11:04 pm

thanks TKOL what are your thoughts on sidebottom, Rioli and grimes?

• tkol

December 15, 2011 at 8:33 am

Grimes is still in my don’t touch column. It takes a lot of sucking up to do to make it back into your team when your last score was a 6.
      Junior Boy is another injury prone potential jet, I’m still not sold DT wise.
      Time will tell how “Sidesy” goes under Bucks. If he’s smiling early I will jump on!

24. Brad

December 14, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Hey Guys,
    How many risky players are too many in an initial team?
    I’ve got 4-6 in mind, too many?
    Cheers

• McRath

December 15, 2011 at 9:09 am

Mate, I’d try to keep it to as little as possible. I’d probably stick to 3-4 maximum. If any fail you don’t want to use mass trades getting them out. That screwed me last year. I had 5 or 6 from memory.

25. snorks23

December 15, 2011 at 1:24 am

TEAM NAME: stallyns
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, J. Grimes, B. Lake, C. Dempsey, B. Stratton (D. Connors, P. Bower)

MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, J. Winderlich, A. Morabito (T. Mitchell, D. Shiel)

RUC: A. Sandilands, N. Naitanui (J. Giles, T. Derickx)

FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, S. Sidebottom, N. Riewoldt, A. Christensen, J. Brown (J. Porplyzia, D. Zorko)

CASH LEFT: $64,700

Have only picked two genuine premiums in each line (1 in rucks), looking for breakouts/recoveries from injury/ return to form from almost every other player. Could end up the ultimate mid priced team, or an ultimate flop! May switch Nick Nat for Kreuzer/ H Mac depending on Cox pre season.

• mtooler

December 15, 2011 at 10:22 am

Lol, Brown as 7th fwd just looks wrong.

Nice team. Put it this way, it is the second team I am copying behind Braps.

• mtooler

December 15, 2011 at 10:22 am

* copying = saving, in MSWord.

• Reprobates

December 15, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Have been burnt before…Guns and Rookies approach is the way to go…but Lake Reiwoldt Barlow Hayes et el are so tempting..

• snorks23

December 16, 2011 at 2:00 am

I could be wrong, but it seems like this year there are way more than usual mid priced options than usual. As you say, very hard to ignore…

• snorks23

December 16, 2011 at 2:09 am

excessive use of the word usual… One too many frothies.

26. JimmyK

December 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm

TEAM NAME: Team 1
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, D. Heppell, B. Waters, D. Connors, S. Docherty (B. Ellis, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, S. Hill, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard (L. Brown, E. Kavanagh)
    RUC: B. McEvoy, D. Cox (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, C. Rioli, A. Didak, A. Christensen, J. Patton, J. Porplyzia (S. Kerridge, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $475,800

Can i have some thoughs on Stephen Hill? im thinking of picking him up as a smokey not 100% on him though, as there are others in consideration such as the likes of Dangerfield, Scully and Sloane (depending on price).

Also thoughs on Cox, im thinking Cox or Berger cant make my mind up, so i put Cox in for a worst case scenario (money wise).

any other thoughts on this side?

thanks

• PurpleArmy

December 16, 2011 at 9:06 am

Couple of things. Id pass on Patton, they will get flogged most weeks and as the 1st forward target he’ll get the best defender i see some low scores most weeks. Rioli worries me too, has a lot of leg related injuries, has been put in my never again list. Hill has had one of the best pre seasons in the freo camp according to reports, cant wait to see him in the nab cup…..i’d keep him in your team for now.

27. Wardo

December 15, 2011 at 3:40 pm

TEAM NAME: Shouldbemydayjob 2012
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, S. Fisher, B. Waters, N. Suban, B. Lake (P. Bower, B. Ellis)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, D. Martin, A. Christensen, C. Wingard (T. Greene, E. Kavanagh)
    RUC: B. McEvoy, S. Jacobs (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, M. LeCras, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, A. McQualter, W. Hoskin-Elliott (J. Porplyzia, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $25,600

First look at potential team for 2012.

Byes need to be ironed out still but looking at couple more mid price players to start this season.

Went a little too hard to early last season and will try and calm things down a little this year.

Let me know first thoughts.

28. YhrisCen2969

December 15, 2011 at 3:59 pm

TEAM NAME: CHRIStmasComeEarly
    MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, M. Barlow, A.Miles (L.Brown, D. Shiel)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
    FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, A. Christensen, T. Elton (M. Newman, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $63,800

Hey guys, fairly happy with my team. Was wondering if you could give me any feedback. Thanks.

• The x Factor

December 15, 2011 at 4:02 pm

solid

• Reprobates

December 15, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I wouldnt be putting Beams in the mid field. I suggest ditching Didak and put Beams in the forward line. You will need to find a midfield/forward link though. Maybe put Zorko on the mid field bench and find a good rookie for the forward bench.

29. stkildathunda

December 15, 2011 at 4:07 pm

TEAM NAME: Big Test Icicles
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, S. Fisher, C. Newman, J. Petrenko, B. Lake, B. Wilkes (N. Brown, S. Morris)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, N. Dal Santo, J. Watson, W. Hoskin-Elliott (B. McKenzie, D. Zorko)
    RUC: S. Mumford, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, M. Bolger)
    FWD: N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, S. Sidebottom, N. Riewoldt, R. Gray, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia (T. Walsh, A. Saad)
    CASH LEFT: $9,400

Havent taken any notice of byes or anything and only threw this together in about 10mins, but pretty comfortable its the winning team for 2012. lol

• stkildathunda

December 15, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Oh and Orren Stephenson is supposed to be in there instead of Bolger.

December 15, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Any team with Gray and Newman is destined for greatness, well done mate I’ll buy you a car care kit for xmas to pamper your new Toyota :)

• stkildathunda

December 15, 2011 at 5:21 pm

:lol: Yea Newman just looked the best off a bad batch of defenders!! Losing Gibbs and now Bock has thrown spanner in backline. Makes you actually have to think who to pick!!

Reckon Gray is due for big things, his 2nd half year was pretty good this year…

• snorks23

December 16, 2011 at 2:05 am

If Bock comes out and smashes his first two games, (which he may well do, considering his finish to last season), he’ll have his first price rise in round 5. Could be a very useful upgrade for a struggling rookie/ mid pricer, especially with such a lack of genuine DEF premiums this season. Blessing in disguise.

• tkol

December 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm

WOW, an early hint dropped by Brappa, Newman & Grey!
        Very interesting, they just joined my next couple sides lol ;)

30. horse

December 15, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Team Name: bing
    DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Waters, Docherty, Morris (Ellis, Mohr)
    MID: Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Boyd, Selwood, Shiel (T.Mitchell, Zorko)
    RUC: Leuenberger, Mumford (Giles, Stephenson)
    FWD: Franklin, Beams, Cloke, Robinson, Christensen, Porplyzia, Saad (Walsh, Tomlinson)

$500

31. James

December 15, 2011 at 11:30 pm

TEAM NAME: The J-Team
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, M. Suckling, J. Adcock, T. Armstrong, C. Enright, T. Mohr (L. Brown, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, L. Hayes, G. Rohan (D. Shiel, A. Treloar)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Pavlich, D. Petrie, J. Gunston, J. Porplyzia, T. Walsh (A. Saad, J. Cameron)
    CASH LEFT: $36,500

• snorks23

December 16, 2011 at 2:17 am

If freo stay even vaguely healthy this year Pav won’t go near the midfield. Assuming this will hurt his scores? Or maybe the extra goals playing down forward could balance it out? Big fan of the guy as a player, but he wouldn’t come close to a spot in my team.

• James

December 16, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I’m tipping him to play a Buddy like role at CHF. Unsurprising, he gets burnt out playing midfield, as key position forwards usually are not designed for extensive in and under stuff.

I think Freo will have Zac Clarke at FF, taking a defender or two from Pavlich and allowing him to be more influential, and hopefully kick 50+ goals. There doesn’t really seem to be many forwards at Fremantle capable of getting near Pav’s goalkicking output.

32. AJ

December 15, 2011 at 11:47 pm

TEAM NAME: Gunishment
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Hartlett, B. Waters, J. Petrenko, T. Armstrong, M. Buntine (N. Blee, W. Sierakowski)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio (C. Wingard, D. Shiel)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, A. Christensen, J. Brown, W. Hoskin-Elliott, J. Porplyzia (D. Zorko, A. Saad)
    CASH LEFT: $4,500

33. Henry

December 16, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Team Name: Minnie FC (that’s my cats name)
    DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Birchall, Adcock, Broughton, L Brown
    S Morris, L Spur

MID: Ablett, Rockliff, Fyfe, N Van berlo, Barlow, Shiel
    T Mitchell, Horsely

Ruck: Berger, McEvoy
    Giles, Stephenson

FWD: Chapman, Franklin, Beams, Robinson, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, J Cameron
    T Walsh, Milera

Cash left $5,800

• Henry

December 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Would love to hear comments.

• Virgil

December 16, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I see where you’re going with the Adelaide players, but I think VB and Danger are both a bit halfway. Neither are that cheap and I don’t really expect either of them to be top 10 in their respective positions.

RE Fyfe: I think dual-position availability is overrated, I’d rather pick a player in their best position.

• Henry

December 17, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Van Berlo absolutely killed it when playing in the midfield last year. Last 6 games were awesome.
        120, 137, 102, 126, 143, 102.

If Sando plays VB in the midfield, I think I’ll be on a winner.

Dangerfield is certainley on the edge of being dropped from my team.

I think your right on Fyfe. That will prob change.

Brown and Porps don’t really need an explanation.

34. Nikk Hobbs

December 16, 2011 at 9:50 pm

TEAM NAME: #1
    DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, B. Waters, B. Lake, S. Docherty (T. Bugg, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, D.Shiel, T. Mitchell (A. Miles, D. Zorko)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, T. Cloke, M. Robinson, D. Zaharakis, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia (J. Cameron, A. Saad)
    CASH LEFT: $200

would love some feedback please!

• eeepobreci

December 16, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Very solid across all lines.

• GJayBee

December 18, 2011 at 10:17 am

Great team mate, but I think you need to have about $200,000 left over in Fan Planner, to be able to afford the team in actual DT.

Monty is my hero, but the Champion Data cult are very secretive and prices WILL vary.

35. trousers

December 17, 2011 at 3:34 pm

OK guys. Here is my first crack. What does everyone think?

Im open to criticism!

TEAM NAME: Jive Turkey

DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, C. Pedersen, T. Armstrong
    (P. Davis, J. Hombsch)

MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, L. Hayes, N. Lower, J. Winderlich
    (A. Morabito, C. Hampton)

RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Simpson
    (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)

FWD: D. Beams, M. Pavlich, D. Zaharakis, N. Riewoldt, A. McQualter, I. Folau, J. Porplyzia
    (G. Ugle, D. Zorko)

36. Adamant

December 17, 2011 at 8:11 pm

TEAM NAME: Adamant
    DEF: B. Goddard, D. Heppell, B. Deledio, B. Waters, G. Birchall, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (L. Spurr, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, D. Shiel (T. Mitchell, D. Zorko)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, D. Zaharakis, M. Robinson, J. Porplyzia, J. Brown (A. Saad, J. Cameron)
    CASH LEFT: $41,400

Thinking of dumping Waters and Brown, which is the better combination

Waters and J.Brown
    or
    W.Hoskin-Elliot and one of Hanley/Broughton/Adcock/Shaw/Enright <- and who out of that bunch.

Help would be very much appreciated

• James

December 17, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Hoskin-Elliott is poor value and doesn’t gather many possessions. Go Adcock or Enright (or Broughton if you’re convinced he’ll play midfield), and find a better value FWD/MID like Rohan, Kerridge, Beams or Ugle.

• Adamant

December 18, 2011 at 12:20 am

yeah, was thinking of Ugle but dont really know much about him and whether or not he will get games next year.

• hatters

December 18, 2011 at 10:46 am

Stick with Waters and Brown

37. Adamant

December 18, 2011 at 2:13 am

ok I’ll have another crack

TEAM NAME: Adamant
    DEF: B. Goddard, D. Heppell, B. Deledio, C. Enright, G. Birchall, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (L. Spurr, S. Morris)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, D. Zaharakis, M. Robinson, J. Porplyzia, G. Ugle (A. Saad, J. Cameron)
    CASH LEFT: $101,800

ok with 101k left over and not including Lenny’s discount what upgrades need to be made?

38. Patrick Cusenza

December 18, 2011 at 9:28 am

TEAM NAME: PCuz’s Pirates

DEF: B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, M. Suckling, B. Waters, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (S. Morris, L. Spurr)

MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, S. Mitchell, M. Barlow, T. Greene (T. Mitchell, D. Shiel)

RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)

FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, G. Rohan, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (J. Cameron, D. Zorko)

CASH LEFT: $162,700

how does it look? any suggestion for changes? please !!

• hatters

December 18, 2011 at 10:39 am

If Spurr gets upgraded from the rookie list get on him, he will be the next Lower.

December 18, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I have him because he’s a DPP, very well built for his age and expect him to play sooner rather then later.

December 18, 2011 at 1:19 pm

WTF..was aimed about Sam Kerridge below

39. hatters

December 18, 2011 at 10:37 am

What’s the thoughts on Crows first pick Sam Kerridge. The SANFL mini draft ( for Crows and Power new interstate players) was done and Kerridge was taken at pick 10 out of 11 available, to me this suggests SANFL clubs are not expecting him to be available often. As a DPP (fwd/mid) he could be a good bench option.

• James

December 18, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I was going to post about this earlier. Great that someone else saw the relevance to DT. Being taken long after McCarthy and Renouf, who will spend the majority of the time in Port Power AFL side, does suggest that he has been earmarked as a strong possibility for the Round 1 Crows side. As Brappin said, he is very strongly built for his age (not quite as manchild-ish as Grigg though), and would be capable of participating in AFL shortly.

Being what looks like a rare DPP MID/FWD option, he’ll almost certainly make it to my bench for DT in 2012.

40. POK

POK

December 18, 2011 at 10:39 am

Hi guys, here is my team ATM

TEAM NAME: POK’S Perfectionists
    DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Waters, S. Docherty (B. Ellis, T. Mohr)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, D.Sheil, T. Mitchell (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Robinson, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia (T. Walsh, J. Cameron)
    CASH LEFT: $4,800

I think i have a fairly strong team but weak rookies is the problem. But i guess we don’t know too much about the rookies ATM. There are a few risks in there which i think u have to have to be better than other people. Never thought i would have 5 brisbane players in my starting line up but anyway.

What do u guys think. Suggestions on how to improve my team are greatly appreciated :)

POK

December 18, 2011 at 10:40 am

Sorry 2 sheil’s. 1 of them is A.Miles :)