DT TALK

Trade Talk Tuesday: With destROY

Welcome to this weeks Trade Talk with destROY. This week I have written about a couple of guys who would round out teams quite nicely, including one big unit who I don’t think I have mentioned once this year. Personally, with 6 Hawks in my side and after climbing to 300th this week, the only trade I will be looking at is Alan Didak out (if not selected) in order to maintain some strength with the big dogs out.

• Roy

This week was going to be dedicated to a replacement for Gary Ablett, but given he is a chance to play this week I’ll refrain from that angle. While on the topic of Ablett, as a non owner, I felt sorry for Gaz owners having to put up with all the “I don’t have him because I knew he would get injured” talk, while personally, I didn’t pick him because I knew he didn’t get to play against the Gold Coast, Boom Tish. Here are a few players to consider in rounding out your side, designed to generate some chat:

Name: Scott Pendlebury
Price: 417,100
BE: 115
Average last 3: 106
Bye’s remaining: 0
Captain Potential /10: 8
Owned by %: 35
Quick thought: Pendles is on a run of 7 x 100+ scores in a row and has dropped under that mark on only 3 occasions this year. He has a very good run home, highlighted by a game vs the GC next week. If you have doubts on Gary, this is your boy.

Name: Ben McEvoy
Price: 400,800
BE: 97
Average last 3: 111
Bye’s remaining: 0
Captain Potential /10: 4
Owned by %: 4
Quick thought: Who would have thought that the best big man in the comp leading into finals would be Big Mac?! Since returning to the side after being dropped he has averaged 116 in his last 5 and has not slipped under 100 in that time. He has a great run home including a game vs GC and we all know what rucks do to them. If you have spat the goo at Petrie, welcome Mac.

Name: Colin Sylvia
Price: 304,700
BE: 100
Average last 3: 72
Bye’s remaining: 0
Captain Potential /10: 4
Owned by %: 19
Quick thought: Although he has not been in good form since the massive cork thigh he received, coming off a rest Colin must be considered on sheer potential and the added bonus of DPP eligibility leading into finals. Bar a tough game at Skilled Stadium he has a good run home which includes a game vs GC who he lit up for 132 earlier this year.

Name:  Matthew Pavlich
Price: 378,400
BE: 44
Average last 3: 113
Bye’s remaining: 0
Captain Potential /10: 5
Owned by %: 35
Quick thought: Coming off a bye and fresh from his best month of the year, Pav looks set to finish the season well despite a reasonably tough draw. In the last 4 weeks he has a lowest score of 88, with 3 other score topping 100, highlighted by a 132 and 121. With the potential carnage caused by rested players in the lead up to this years finals, Pavs DPP and Fremantle’s need for him to play could serve teams well and provide the flexibility to avoid unwanted 0’s.

This is the place to throw you trade ideas to the wolves and see if you can work out better alternatives. Good luck with the trades and an even bigger good luck surviving the wolves.

Twitter: @RoyDT

1. RiseUp

July 12, 2011 at 6:18 am

Surely Montagna needs a mention too…

$317k… no byes and has the potential to turn around this form slump.

I initially thought I needed to trade Bartel out for the bye, but now I will bring in Montagna on the bench to deal with the remaining byes for Boyd and Bartel…..

Roy

July 12, 2011 at 8:04 am

Just because I didn’t mention montagna, doesn’t mean you can’t pick him mate. For the record, I wouldn’t look twice at a mid not able to av 110. This chat is for you to bring up montagna, which you have done so I hope you get some feedback.

• RiseUp

July 12, 2011 at 8:36 am

Yeah cheers Roy, I’m in the same opinion that Midfielders need to be averaging 110+ to get a spot in the 6, but I’m thinking Montagna is a better bench option to fill the Boyd and Bartel byes, and could average 110+ for the run home with easy games here on in.

I was thinking about going Isaac Smith to Montagna this week as even though Smith has been scoring well, I’d be more inclined to play Montagna over Smith if need be.

2. adzman

July 12, 2011 at 6:54 am

is zach smiths ton ability done and dusted?

who would be a good swap at his price or within 70k

• Dularn

July 12, 2011 at 7:32 am

Personally I will be playing Jonathon Griffin over Zach Smith for the remainder of the season with Smith becoming my third ruck..

Griffin is priced at 20k more than Smith and has averaged just over 100 in his five games for the season (thanks in part to a 150+ domination against Gold Coast in his last game). He has a low of 71 which was in that big 90 point loss Fremantle had to Melbourne last month.

Job security is 100% while Sandi is out and he will always have the number 1 ruck duties in this time.

My only concern is that Fremantle was so quick to drop him as soon as Sandi was ‘fit’ to play a few weeks back. With Sandi due back around round 19/20 he could be dropped again leaving you in a lot of trouble for the finals if he is your second ruck. Personally I am hoping he becomes a permanent second ruck for Fremantle and they rotate the two rucks into the forward lines like we see with a lot of other teams (ie; NicNat and Cox)/ He definately has the talent for an arrangement such as that. Unfortunately the Fremantle coaching staff have been far from logical this seaosn – rushing back players from injury and playing them with no match fitness. Sandi was pretty much unable to so much as run for a month and yet they decided to bring him back and play him the second the boot came off and dropped the only guy who could take over in the ruck effectively if he struggles (which he did).

Anyway, this has kind of turned into a rant so I will get back to the point. I have both Griffin and Smith and will be playing Griffin as my permanent second ruck alongside Cox. If Griffin is dropped or has a lapse in form Smith will get a recall into my team.

July 12, 2011 at 9:01 am

That long essay did not answer he question at all…

And yes I have Zmith as second with not enough trades to upgrades. If I did have enough traded thoigh, I would go Zmith to maybe Leurenberger for $330 k

July 12, 2011 at 9:02 am

*his

• Dularn

July 12, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I answered the second part of his question only and identified someone who could be a viable replacement for a small amount of cash if he decided to make a trade.

I find it odd that in a post calling me out for neglecting part of the question you also neglected that same part of the question.

As for whether or not Z Smith still has scoring potential, I honestly don’t know. He has been very down on form in the last month and has some challenging games still to come this season. I am hoping he bounces back but my concern is that if he does not lift in form he could get less time in the ruck with those reponsibilities given back to Fraser.

3. mainy.3

July 12, 2011 at 7:20 am

I love owning Pendles, but am worried that he needs a rest before finals, or during DT finals, and Mick has said he’s going to start spelling players. Maybe avoid if possible. If you dont mind that he has one finals bye to go then Joel Selwood is returning……

• Pettiger

July 12, 2011 at 7:43 am

Agreed. The only reason I haven’t traded in Pendles is that he could get a rest at any time – too hard to plan for.

• Carndapies

July 12, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Pendles will probably get a rest round 18 against gold coast and then probs play for the rest of the year…hopefully

• Magpie28

July 12, 2011 at 8:39 pm

He’s had two rests in 16 rounds already… at least one more than this time last year. Why would he need another? I realise what you’re saying, but I’m not sure I agree.

4. nicmorto

July 12, 2011 at 7:33 am

Who would be the best backmen dt wise
    Not including Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, shaw and enright

• Pettiger

July 12, 2011 at 7:41 am

Go to the DT stats centre. Most points = best players. You have Scotland, Birchall, Suckling, Carrazzo, and Rawlings. Unfortunately three of those players have finals byes.

• Sully23

July 12, 2011 at 8:32 am

And Carazzo is out this week

5. nicmorto

July 12, 2011 at 7:37 am

But ofcourse not any Carlton, essendon or Geelong players

• falz_05

July 12, 2011 at 7:40 am

Suckling, Broughton or Fisher

6. The Viper

July 12, 2011 at 8:00 am

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of trading out Duigan for someone close to Duigan’s price ($20,000 difference max.), but I want to make it an upgrade rather than a sideways trade, who should I get? (I know, I should’ve got rid of him ages ago) I’m heading towards Otten.

And Zaharakis, in the same senario, I’m leaning to Brennan, or Higgins.

Replies will be greatly appreciated.

• Pettiger

July 12, 2011 at 8:18 am

Stretch it a little and go Duigan > Montagna. Higgins is on fire and is looking good for the run home.

• The Viper

July 12, 2011 at 8:28 am

I’ve already got Montagna, so that idea is scraped.

July 12, 2011 at 11:13 am

Duigan = back and Monty = mid?

o.0

• TeeTee

July 12, 2011 at 8:29 am

‘Upgrading’ Duigan with a budget of $20k is a bit of an oxymoron as you’re not going to get an in-form premium for $289,300. Andy Otten? Not great considering Duigan’s similar scoring. Other options are: Adcock, Thornton, Malceski, Murphy, Ellis and Gilbert. But seriously, that trade is pretty much sideways and best held for an LTI or a double-whammy (down/up) down the track.

At least with Zaha’s value you can trade to a ‘fallen’ premium. I’d take Higgins (or preferably Sylvia or Goodes as fwds) over Brennan at that price point, or Monty/Bartel in the mids. This trade has the potential to net you a better bump in point-scoring than the Duigan trade.

• The Viper

July 12, 2011 at 8:36 am

I’ve got roughly $80,000 in the bank, I just don’t want to use all the money as later, I’m thinking of trading Heppell > Shaw. My defence is rookie infested.

Thanks.

July 12, 2011 at 11:14 am

Heppell is the last backman you should be upgrading

• Magpie28

July 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Yeah, at least wait till his bye is a bit closer. He’s been about the best Def going around at the moment. Stanley’s output’s none too shabby either!

• Tittan99

July 12, 2011 at 8:48 am

Wait a couple of weeks for fisher to be priced under 300k with a be of 130 and a 33 in his rolling average

• The Viper

July 12, 2011 at 9:02 am

That’s a really good idea! Might use that on someone else in my team. Lower, Hibberd, Jacobs etc.

7. Pettiger

July 12, 2011 at 8:03 am

Isaac Smith has peaked and I am looking at upgrading him. With my existing team and cash available I have narrowed my options down to Dal Santo and Pavlich. Dal appears to be on fire at the moment with Pav not too far behind. Pav’s DPP not essential as I have Mzungu and Prestia. Any thoughts?

• The Viper

July 12, 2011 at 8:20 am

I think Dal Santo as he has good BE (69) for a premium, and the Saint’s run home is better than Freo’s IMO.

8. Chuck Norris

July 12, 2011 at 8:50 am

Hey guys, I’ve got 5 trades left and just under $100 k left in the bank. I am going for league and I’m thinking of making this trade:

Lower -> Goddard

This will leave my best team looking like this:

Def: Gibbs, Lids, Suckling, Shaw, Goddard, Broughton, Adcock (Heppell, Poo, Jacobs)
    Mid: Gablett, Boyd, Swan, Pendles, Mitchell, Nicky Dal (Hibberd, Prestia, Gu)
    Ruck: Cox, Z Smith (Browne, Curnow)
    Fwd: Buddy, Pav, Chappy, ROK, Sylvia, Zaha, Higgins (I Smith, Lynch, Harper)

What do you guys think? If I do this this’ll mean that I can slot Heppell in during Gibbs’ finals bye. I know my rucks need work but I’ll need an upgrade to go Z Smith to McEvoy.

Cheers

July 12, 2011 at 8:52 am

Sorry. In the last paragraph, I meant I’ll need a downgrade

• Sully23

July 12, 2011 at 9:05 am

You could get Mumford? He returned strongly.

July 12, 2011 at 9:14 am

Cheers Sully. Mumford seems like a good option but which is more important: an upgrade in the backline so I have cover during finals or having a better 2nd ruck? Or should I make both trades but only have 2 trades for LTIs ( I’ll need 1 sideways trade for Zaha during finals)

• Sully23

July 12, 2011 at 9:29 am

I suppose you need you need to work out what you think they’ll average for the rest of the year and see which will earn the most points taking into account the finals games. I’d definitely be leaving at least 3 trades for finals/LTI’s. Don’t forget you’ll probably want some money in the bank so that when someone goes down you can cover them with someone decent :)

• TheBBH

July 12, 2011 at 10:36 am

I’d be playing Heppell over Adcock atm… till he finds some DT form again

July 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

Unless Adcock pulls an 80+ this week I’m going Adcock -> Birchall next week

• GJayBee

July 12, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Great team mate.

I think Lower to Goddard is a good trade. I paid the big bucks for Goddard so I lost out a little, but there is never any surprise when you see a 100 next to his name!

9. Tittan99

July 12, 2011 at 8:50 am

Do u guys reckon lynch to Callain and then lower/adcock to shaw

i know callain is injured but this means that mzungu can play in my fwds over the out-of-form darling + lynch looks to have peaked

• Sully23

July 12, 2011 at 9:02 am

Sounds good except for the bringing in Shaw part. I’d wait a week and bring in Suckling/Birchall. Those 2 will smash it over finals!

• tom

July 12, 2011 at 9:27 am

i’m thinking of going lynch to calinan as well but how long is calinan out for? I’ve been away and i’m not fully up to date with the latest DT news.

• Tittan99

July 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Out for 2 weeks (already got suckers and way too many hawks in my team they have the bye this week so i cant have too many HAW defenders)

10. Hill End

July 12, 2011 at 9:54 am

Adcock – buy or trade, what’s everyone thought on whether he will return to his pre-injury form?

July 12, 2011 at 10:01 am

Unless he pulls out a 80+ game, I think we can assume that Adcick won’t be put into the midfield and therefore will continue his run of 50s

• crazymofo

July 12, 2011 at 10:09 am

If you have him you may as well hang onto him and hope he comes good, if you don’t have him wait until he gets at least one good score before bringing him in, you might have to pay a bit more for him that way but you will know that he is still capable of performing before you get him. It might be also worth looking at your other backs on the bench and play them ahead of him.

I had the same idea with Goddard in round 12 I picked him up for 328000 and he has performed well since aside from that 56 against Geelong.

Also what I have started a list of players that I will be seriously considering next season, he is on that list.

July 12, 2011 at 10:44 am

Geez, what a bargain for a 110 averaging backman, well done.

• GJayBee

July 12, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Adcock was my second worst timed trade this year. Now he’s a six defender who burned me a trade and cash! All with little joy and hope. I checked his FF page and found a line I left there saying that it ‘sounds like he might do his hammy putting the bins out.’ I should have headed my own advice! My worst trade was getting in Ablett last week and putting the bit C on him. I didn’t want to get Pend’s, (even though he came to his senses and cut his hair,) because I recon’ he will go to Arizona or just stay at home on the last week of the season.
      I was sitting around and I thought, “Why am I a bit bummed out?” then I remembered, Ablett. All might not be lost.

11. Freckles

July 12, 2011 at 10:10 am

thinking of a good downgrade target in the midfield. the only one i can think of at the moment is hayden jolly from gc, but because he’s a kid from gc im not really sure about his job security… any other ideas?

Roy

July 12, 2011 at 10:19 am

chooks rooks will be all over it for you mate.

• Freckles

July 12, 2011 at 10:53 am

alright sweet!

12. fish.brad

July 12, 2011 at 10:32 am

i dont have gary because i knew he would….

not fit in my team given i have boyd pendles swan bartel hodge redden and have had since about round 10 with swan being the last drop in at round 13

July 12, 2011 at 10:50 am

You’d rather Bartel than Ablett?

o.0

• ChopYouUp

July 12, 2011 at 7:52 pm

+1… ME GUSTA

13. Barony

July 12, 2011 at 10:47 am

What is the magic number for trades v rounds left.

I am 5 v 8

When should I start burning these baby’s. 3rd year in DT and I have been raked over the coals the last two years because of my affliction to trade trade trade.

Only 11k too.

• Jimbo7

July 12, 2011 at 10:57 am

I would try to hang on to them if possible. Depends where you are in your league/overall and where you want to get to. If your strugling, then you might have to burn trades now and hope for the best. If you’re in a comfortable position, try to hang on to them so you can cover players being “rested” which will happen.

14. Jimbo7

July 12, 2011 at 10:53 am

Need to bring in a forward:
    Chapman vs Pavlich vs Stevey J vs O’Keefe?

I dont care about Geelongs bye in the finals, confident of a week off or have enough trades to trade if i have to.

Which of these four will bring home the bacon in the coming 5 weeks?
    Would you consider Trav Cloke over those four?

Thanks

July 12, 2011 at 10:55 am

Chapstick

July 12, 2011 at 11:20 am

Chappy: best option but finals bye
      Pavlova: Good value at the moment
      Stevie J: inconsistent and finals bye
      ROK: most consistent

15. Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 11:14 am

Guys

My midfield is currently Swan, Murphy, Pendles, Boyd, Mitchell, Shiels (Buckley, Callinan, Smith) with DPP players Fyfe, Sylvia, ROK, Goodes, Gu, Prestia, Heppell, Goddard, Gibbs & Deledio.

I’ve got 4 trades left and my question is should I be busting my balls to get SMJ in? I’m thinking potentially SMJ for Murphy come finals time but apart from that I can’t see anywhere that I can move.

P.s. I’m ranked 1,660 so it’s league wins only for me.

• Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 11:16 am

Forgot to say I’ve got Chappy as well.

July 12, 2011 at 12:10 pm

why did you forget

• Phil Ken Sebben

July 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm

please answer him

• Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Ha ha – multiple entendre

• Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm

He hasn’t been as memorable this year as he has in previous years.

• Phil Ken Sebben

July 12, 2011 at 12:28 pm

hahaha…cookies on dowels, and question answered!

16. djblurr

July 12, 2011 at 11:26 am

does anyone still think cox is the main man for ruck at the moment? I’ve still got sandi on the bench and had been planning to go to cox but he has failed to crack 100 a few times now. Do I want him or McEvoy? I’m looking to take zac smith off the field, so would love to be gaining 30-40 points

• Mazz

July 12, 2011 at 12:36 pm

goldstein?

• djblurr

July 12, 2011 at 12:44 pm

ive got petrie, dont want two north ruckmen :/ surely mcevoy and cox are above goldstein?

17. SlightHawk

July 12, 2011 at 11:53 am

What would you prefer?
    Fyfe and Luenburger
    or
    Pavlich and Nic Nat (2nd ruck)

July 12, 2011 at 11:58 am

Fyfe and Leurenberger

• Hill End

July 12, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Good options

first option – Fyfe & Luenburger more consistent, Pavs last two games bris, GCS – hasnt scored so well against better teams and better options for a 2nd ruck than nic nat

• Phil Ken Sebben

July 12, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Slight, when looking for an average per player of 126, both options could work

• mainy.3

July 12, 2011 at 4:26 pm

at least pav and nic nat have their byes out of the way.

18. havntyouhird

July 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm

wanting to finish of my forwald line this week.

Currently- Franklin, ROK, Chapman, Reiwoldt, Higgins, Pavlich

The last spot im filling will be trading I smith or Krakour. who should i get? looking at Goodes or Fyfe?

• Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Gotta love Fyfe!

• Phil Ken Sebben

July 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm

The kids a machine. He’ll be a freak with a couple more pre-seasons under the belt and 5kg onto his 191cm frame

• Zan

July 12, 2011 at 1:05 pm

19. Mazz

July 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Whaat are your thoughts on this backline and forward line could they both see out the season?

DEF: Gibbs, Deledio, Shaw, Enright, Heppell, Lower and Puopolo …………… A.Johnson, McGovern and Webster

FWD: ROK, Fyfe, Goodes, Franklin, Petrie, Watts and Howe ………………… Dixon, C.Richo, Von Bertouch

i have 1 trade left and 274,000k as you can telll it is by first year but im still in top 20,000 :P

Slappers

July 12, 2011 at 12:47 pm

not sure about having Howe in your starting 22… there are a lot more better FWDs to have…

• Mazz

July 12, 2011 at 8:07 pm

but ive got 1 trade left with 274,000 so i might go von bertouch to someone under 358,000,, thoughts?

20. Magic33

July 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm

What are people’s thoughts on Petrie? His finals by was always going to mean a potential trade, but his shitty scores of the las 2 weeks might force my hand a few weeks early…
    Anyone who has watched North’s last two can explain why he’s been down? Likely to turn it around?

• Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 1:13 pm

The forward entry to Petrie by North has been disgraceful. From the very little that I’ve seen he’s been tag teamed by a couple of defenders but they still bomb it into him and expect miracles!

Given my limited remaining trades I’m keeping him.

• The Unemployed

July 12, 2011 at 1:28 pm

You got it spot on big feller, I am a Nth supporter and I could not believe what I was watching on Sunday.

I do not blame Peetree at all for his poor game, there is not alot you can do when you have 2 or 3 Collingwood defenders on you and your team mate just keeps bombing the ball in to you.

Sundays performance was the most complete game Collingwood have played all year, if they keep putting out performances like that we might as well give them the cup now.

Regards

The Unemployed

• jaydoss34

July 12, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Big Feller said it all…

Petrie gets the majority of his points through marks and goals, but In the past 2 weeks North’s delivery has been shithouse so he hasn’t had an opportunity to take those contested marks. Also, teams are beginning to realise Petrie’s potential and are constantly double and triple teaming him. If this continues give him the boot!

• TeeTee

July 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm

In the same boat and mulling over potentially cashing in on Petrie this week as his BE is a huge 175! The problem is that he’s been playing as the lone FF and getting double- and triple-teamed in his last few games, basically getting shut down as the one-out forward target.

I think I’ll hold him until R19-20 though, just to save trades!

• Magpie28

July 12, 2011 at 9:02 pm

What does this tell us about the ability of Edwards… poor Drew

21. cous0031

July 12, 2011 at 12:58 pm

hey guys,
    i have 11 trades left and 221k in the bank looking to finish off my midfield this week by upgrading prestia to one of hodge, scotty thompson or daisy? daisy has the best average, thomo has been super consistent all year, and hodgey is just running into some mad form and should smash it thru dt finals? thoughts? cheers

Slappers

July 12, 2011 at 1:05 pm

i would go Hodge… but he has a bye this week then you will be laughing…

redden is a good choice too.

who do you have in mid already

• cous0031

July 12, 2011 at 1:23 pm

murph, boyd, gablett, swan, pendles,

it was my little brothers team til about 3 weeks ago and he hadn’t touched it since round 6 have so many trades to make but just trying to fix up the mids because forwards and backs are solid enough to get wins in league.

Very keen to get redden in but dont quite have the cash unless i DPP swap prestia forward and bring krakour into MIDS and use him to trade for reddo?

Otherwise i reckon im going to back in hodgey – analyser predictions look excellent.

• toasted

July 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Daisy came off with an injury at 3/4 time. If he is fit he’d be a great choice given the potential and no more byes. I am jumping on in a week or two once he has bottomed out. Otherwise I think Redden is a good pick up but a bye in round 19.

• Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Daisy has said that he’s all good to go and will play this weekend (Source Herald Sun so make of it what you will)

• dt lad

July 12, 2011 at 2:06 pm

daisy scored over 100 on the weekend with 56% game time, GUN!!!

July 12, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Absolute gun.

Will be going him over Pendles next season.

22. Chuck Norris

July 12, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Lads

I’m going for league win with 4 trades and $100k left.
    My backs and rucks are:
    Gibbs, Lids, Suckers, Shaw, Broughton, Adcock, Heppell (Lower, Poo, Jacobs)
    Cox, Zmith (Browne, Curnow)

Should I go:
    1.Lower -> Goddard
    Or
    2.Zmith -> Leurenberger/Mumford

If I go option 1, I will have good cover in Heppell and he can also slot in for Gibbs for his finals bye Savin me a trade. If I go option 2, I will have 2 premium rucks but only 6 premium backs

Cheers

• jaydoss34

July 12, 2011 at 1:28 pm

going lower to goddard will give you a lot more ppg IMO

July 12, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Cheers Jaydos. I agree, most likely going to go Lower to Goddard

• mainy.3

July 12, 2011 at 4:29 pm

both those rucks have a bye coming up and zsmith doesnt so big call to accept a donut if you have no cover.

23. Crilly10

July 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Trades this week:
    $290k
    I’ve got 8 Trades left
    My Defenders are Gibbs, Deld, Godd, Rawl, Adcock, Suckling, Heppel (Lower, Duigan, Otten)
    I want to trade Duig and Low as they’re peaking.
    Also would like to go Hibb to Pendles in Mid.
    Need to upgrade in my FWD too… Need Pav, Fyfe, Johnson.
    Any ideas?

• jaydoss34

July 12, 2011 at 1:43 pm

This week:

Hibberd -> Pendlebury
      Forward -> Pavlich

Next week:

Duigan -> Birchall

• Crilly10

July 12, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Only issue is mate.. Hibb has a low BE.
        What about Duig to Hooper
        Then Didak to Pav
        It’ll leave me with 352k
        Next week I’ll be able to do Howe or Prestia or Mzungu to Fyfe
        And Hibb to pendles?

• Blue boys

July 12, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Hibberd’s BE is 61 on fanfooty, he lost cash last week…….time for him to go if you need to trade.
          Be careful trading blokes in with low JS (even for 7-8 weeks), chances are with bye, injury/rest they will need to play for you at some stage.
          Go with what Jaydoss said, and make it Howe to Pav (or ROK if u dont have him) IMO.

• Crilly10

July 12, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Yeah but Otten and Duigan have BE of 85-90
            Plus they’re worth more? I’d have more of a chance of keeping the cash by getting rid of them..
            Pendles has a reasonable BE of 120… perhaps he gets below that then next week he’s even cheaper and even if hibb goes down I’ll collect him?

Thanks heaps for the help too… I’m just a safe trader and want to make sure I make the right trades. Cheers!

• crazymofo

July 12, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Hooper hahahha does anyone remember Rhan Hooper, de listed from Brisbane for not showing up to training and then de listed from Hawthorn for pretty much the same thing, he was destined to be a superstar but did not play anymore so he went home to have kids.

I heard the doggies game on the weekend and heard the name Hooper and I thought he was back but nope it was a different Hooper.

24. dt lad

July 12, 2011 at 1:59 pm

6 trades left, $67,100 in the kitty.

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Mitchell, Montagna, Scully, ANDREW Swallow……. (Mzungu(fwd), Harris, Buckley(back))

Want to upgrade swallow due to poor form and his finals bye.
    Looking at Pendlebury (vs GC this week) or the likes of Nicky Dal, Priddis or Daisy Thomas.

Opinions, ideas or some feedback much appreciated lads!
    Regards, The Lad.

• dt lad

July 12, 2011 at 2:04 pm

My Dual players are:
      Goddard and Lids can also sub into the mids for Bucks
      Whilst Mzungu in mids can switch with Fyfe, Goodes, Harvey, Chapman or Sylvia if that helps!

• Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Thomas or maybe Shiels or Redden to be unique IMO

• Blue boys

July 12, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Its round 17 this week mate, Pies play Carlton!!!
      Some of the Pies & Cats may get rested in lead up to finals. Sides fighting for finals or top 4 spots, may be the way to go. Nic Dal/Griffen/Priddis or maybe downgrade Harris and look at someone bit more expensive.
      Others maybe Redden/Rockliff………

25. John.Dorian

July 12, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Hey Guys.

My strongest forward line is:

Pavlich, Goodes, O’Keefe, Sylvia, Franklin, Didak, Riewoldt (Howe, Darling, I Smith)

I was planning to upgrade Didak to Fyfe. I would upgrade Darling but I don’t want 8 premiums in my forward line.

Please Help.

• Crilly10

July 12, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I’d consider it.
      I was freaking before because I didn’t think I’d want 8 in my backline (including Heppel)
      But come round 20 onwards you’ll most likely have people out through the bye.
      You’ll avoid losing a premium by DPP either goodes sylv ROK etc into your mids, then bring your 8th forward on to cover the DPP who is now in your forward line.

Example:
      Round 22.
      Geelong have the bye.
      I have no Geelong backs… but I do have Bartel in the mid.
      What I’ll do is swap Heppel (who is on my bench in the backs) for Jacobs (Bench in mids)
      Then Swap Heppel on for Bartel. Thus covering a gun sufficiently and not wasting a trade during Finals.

• Crilly10

July 12, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Didak to fyfe would be a good move if you can swallow your pride and believe that Didak will not have a late year run of form before finals.

26. Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Any Boomer owners might be in trouble with North saying he’s got a broken thumb and will definitely miss this week and possibly a few more!

27. benji

July 12, 2011 at 2:27 pm

what do u reckon:

either i.smith or knights out

for

chapman – av 102 and 1 bye (finals :( )
    rok – av 96 and 1 bye (multibye :) )
    pav – av 97 and no byes :)
    stevie j – av 103 and 1 bye (finals :( )
    rievoldt – av 82 and no byes :) (cheap option)

July 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I would go Pav but ROK is extremely consistent and is well worth conodering

• toasted

July 12, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Either ROK or Pav depending if you are going for the car or not.

• Pavlich29

July 12, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Pav or ROK, Pav has a tough draw coming up but has no byes left and is at a good price. ROK has one bye left (multibye) but will score 100 every week. I have both but would go PAV.

28. djblurr

July 12, 2011 at 2:58 pm

BACK: Gibbs, Deledio, Shaw, Goddard, Adcock, Lower, Heppell (Puopolo, L Thompson, Otten)

MID: Boyd, Pendlebury, Swan, Bartel, Thompson, Ablett (Bewick, Jacobs, Callinan)

RUCK: Petrie, Z Smith (Sandilands, Keeffe)

FWD: Fyfe, Pavlich, Sylvia, N Riewoldt, Higgins, Krakouer, Franklin (Mzungu, Lynch, C Richardson)

$145k and 8 trades left. I’m only sitting 8th in the league so I’m prepared to use up another 4 trades before finals. What recommendations do you guys have for me?

• Gerryboy

July 12, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Maybe look at getting Fisher and Suckling into your backline….Fisher will be coming down in price after last weeks 33

July 12, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I think you should go Lynch to J Tippett or Lobbe because:
      1. Lynch has peaked
      2. Frees up cash
      3. When Sandi is back you can DPP Petrie into the fwd line

Then you can upgrade Lower to either Suckling or Birchall after their bye or Fisher when his price goes down (he scored 33 on the weekend so he’ll drop quite a bit)

Then you can use the money left over to make one more upgrade (probably Z Smith to Cix or McEvoy)

• djblurr

July 12, 2011 at 4:18 pm

hmmm, but do you think sandi is going to come back at full force? I was thinking I’d ship him out for a power ruckmen straight up

29. Grazza

July 12, 2011 at 3:13 pm

After some advice on my trades for this week. Have a really important league match this week (against #1 in my strongest league and ranked around 1,000 and I’m ranked outside 10,000 :P) that I have to win to be a realistic chance of making the top four.

Only have 5 trades left but $262,000. Would’ve loved to keep 4 trades for finals but not much point if I’m likely to go out in the first week.

DEF: Newman, Goddard, Shaw, Carrazzo, Enright, Heppell, Lower (Nicoski, A.Johnson, Wilkinson)

MID: Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury, Swan, Martin, D.Swallow (Scully, Buckley, Mzungu)

RUCK: Cox, Mumford (Z.Smith, Z.Clarke)

FOR: Franklin, Goodes, S.Johnson, Chapman, Cloke, Petrie, J.Riewoldt (Darling, Lynch, Sumner)

Need a Def and Mid upgrade. Looking at almost certainly bringing in Dal Santo but not sure whether to trade Scully or Swallow. Was going to be Swallow but his form recently has been great and I think he can keep it for the rest of the year. Not so sure how many 100’s Scully will score for the rest of the year.

In defence obviously Carrazzo will probably go now instead of Nicoski (Carrazzo with the finals bye and missing this week) but I’m not sure who for. Want to go unique (opponent has Fisher, Deledio, Broughton and Adcock, all who I would’ve considered otherwise) but not many standing out. Would Waters be too big a risk for his first game back if selected this week?
    Sorry about the long post (my first asking for advice) but would love to hear some opinions on possible trades to consider. Thanks for any help

• Grazza

July 12, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Would rtading Ablett out if he misses this week also be such a stupid idea. Next two matches are huge for me and if he misses this week and is well below his best next week it’s another option for me to consider. Could also bring in Hodge next week as well as Dal Santo this week then.

• Grazza

July 12, 2011 at 3:16 pm

*trading

July 12, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Wow. Very unique team! Nicky Dal sounds good to me and I would trade out Scully. And some defenders you may want to consider are Suckling and Birchall after their byes :)

Oh yeah and Waters is a very big risk. I wouldn’t worry about it.

• toasted

July 12, 2011 at 3:23 pm

What position are you on the ladder? Could you hold out and still sneak into the 8?

I would keep Ablett for the moment, especially with only 5 trades.

• Grazza

July 12, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Hahaha, yeah probably just a little bit too unique (hence the lower ranking). Will almost definitely make the 8 regardless but probably need to make the top 4 to have any chance at winning my league.
      Was 99% decided on Scully but still thinking I should do the defence upgrade as well this week. Would love to hold off for one more week (would’ve ideally gone Suckling) but thinking I might need it this week. Are there any other good options for Defence that my opponent doesn’t have and don’t play for Hawthorn?

• Turkey Slapper

July 12, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Don’t trade Gazza. No point making rash trades against someone who is likely to beat you anyway. You may play someone in the coming weeks that is just behind you. That is the time to make sure you win.

• Birdy

July 12, 2011 at 5:52 pm

buckley to monty, johnson to fisher next week. easy done

• Grazza

July 12, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Cheers for the advice guys. Will go Scully to Dal Santo this week and hold off on the defence upgrade for a week or two.
      Would be ideal Birdy but I like Buckley for the DPP (will probably switch him with Carrazzo this week) and don’t think I need to keep Swallow and Scully on the bench most weeks with 6 premiums in the Mids.
      Also not sold on Monty over Dal Santo. Reckon he’s still a little below his best since his knee injury while Nicky Dal is on fire and I think he’ll come home real strong as the Saints attempt to charge into the 8.

30. Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Guys – I’ve got a league game that I’ve written off because I have so many Hawks in my side it’s not funny but I’ve noticed that he has GAJ, Mitch Clark & Jobe Watson. What do you reckon the chances of them playing this week will be?

31. jaydoss34

July 12, 2011 at 3:27 pm

If there is anybody out there without Nick Riewoldt… GET HIM IN.

St. Kilda have the best run home with the added bonus of no byes. He’s found a new position at full forward which is doing him superbly. Plus, the saints will only get better :)

• jaydoss34

July 12, 2011 at 3:28 pm

He is just $291,000

July 12, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Get Reiwoldt in

Gay Style!

32. Clarky23

July 12, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Think im leaving my run too late as there are very few rooks coming through now

Current team – Dpp players in caps

BACKS GIBBS GODDARD broghton suckling HEPPELL lower poupolo ( stanley otten talia)

MIDS Boyd pendel swan thompson bartel abblett (MZUGNU PRESTIA JACOBS)

RUCKS Cox smith (Sandi TIPPET)

FWDS FYFE GOODES SYLVIA PETRIE Riewoldt yarren franklin (lynch dawes richardson)

11 trades 228,200 Going for league wins Currently =3 cant drop outta 4 and 1st an can drop to 5th)

Thinking of dawes/yarren to okeefe then stanley to scotland (not worried bout finals bye as should have trades up my sleeve to trade both scotland and gibbs out and have a trade or 2 left for GF)

But would also like to get rid off smith or petrie this week as smith has peaked and petrie is playing like what i dropped in the shitter – getting rid of either will net me aroud 180000.

• jaydoss34

July 12, 2011 at 3:35 pm

This Week

Dawes -> O’keefe (Good upgrade)
      Smtih -> Lobbe (Give you 100k, DPP)

Next Week

Yarran -> Pavlich
      Stanley -> Birchall

• Clarky23

July 12, 2011 at 3:46 pm

alredayy have dpp in tippet but he doesnt play (only picked him up 3 weeks ago and was comtemplating lobbbe but needed extra cash. Pav is playing well atm but scores were against bris and suns whic worries me (love the fella as im a freo supporter.

Cheer for your input much appriciated

July 12, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Cheer for his input? Ok

Woooooooooooo

• Clarky23

July 12, 2011 at 4:25 pm

haha classique

hip hip ……

• broaja4

July 12, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Just saying what i would do.

this week – Lower – H Shaw and Yarran – Pav

next week – Dawes – Callinan and Stanley – Fisher

week after – whatever upgrades you want to finish your team

Just some advice :)

33. apple_123

July 12, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Team: Konoha with 5TL & 150k
    Rank: 2000ish

Def: Dels, Gods, Puop, Gibbs, Heps, Broughton, Stanley, (Ads, Jacobs, Talia)
    Mids: Red, Mitchell, Boyd, Swan, Watson, Swallow, (Muz, Mitchell, Bewick)
    Ruck: Cox, Bailey, (Smith, McC)
    Fwds: Fyfe, Rioli, Volt N, Frank, Goodes, Sylvia, Chappy, (Smith I, Lynch, Johnson S)

To complete team, thinking of going Bewick –> Montag then 4TL for LTIs, alternatively can go:

Smith I –> Pav/Thomas/Pendles, although with this option there is too much fire power wasted on the bench and I lose DPP (unless I go Pav)….

• dreamteamking

July 12, 2011 at 4:23 pm

pav instead of monty IMO

Billz

July 12, 2011 at 4:31 pm

If thats steve J on your forward bench then definitely monty!

• apple_123

July 12, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Sorry had Mitchell twice, replace one of them with Dal Santo.

Yes, Stevie J on the bench…

I might wait next week and bring in Birch for Jacobs to strengthen the backline

34. dreamteamking

July 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm

full strength team with 3 trades and 65k:

goddard, gibbs, scotland, delidio, shaw, fisher, adcock (puopolo, hibberd, golby)
    swan, ablett, boyd, redden, bartel, pendles (mzungu, i.smith, jacobs)
    mcevoy, cox (j.tipp, mccauley)
    chappy, buddy, goodes, n.voldt, fyfe, petrie, sylvia (didak, howe, prestia)

should I trade or hold off?

• broaja4

July 12, 2011 at 4:25 pm

is this a trick question?

• broaja4

July 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm

definately not

• Clarky23

July 12, 2011 at 4:50 pm

hold off imo

July 12, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Trade who exactly??

Where do you see the holes in your team??

At least come up with SOME semblance of your own idea before asking other people to make all the decisions for you.

Sheesh, some people I tells ya!

• Birdy

July 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm

are you worried you don’t have enough premiums on your benches or…..

35. The Juddernaut

July 12, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Hey guys, my team looks like this with 5 trades and 88k left

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Suckling, Enright, Broughton, Gilbert, Heppell Hibberd, Buckley, Tuohy
    Mid: Swan, Pendles, M.Murphy, J.Selwood, Boyd, Mitchell Curnow, Jacobs, Mzungu
    Ruck: Cox, Sandilands Lobbe, Mcculoch
    Fwds: Franklin, Stevie Jay, N.Riewoldt, Rioli, Petrie, Didak, chapman Sylvia, T.lynch, richardson

Trades A:

Hibberd- Either deledio or Fisher (leaves me with 4 trades coming into finals)

Trades B:

Heppell- Deledio or fisher
    Curnow-Montagna (leaves me with only 3 trades for finals)

What would be the best option, feedback much appreciated

• broaja4

July 12, 2011 at 4:44 pm

neither, keep the trades for finals

July 12, 2011 at 5:21 pm

A

July 12, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Don’t do B because:
        1. Heppell is a gun and a keeper, will be great cover
        2. You already have 6 premium mids
        3. Saves a rede fir finals

July 12, 2011 at 5:25 pm

*saves a trade for finals

36. havntyouhird

July 12, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Gibbs, Deledio,Suckling, Goddard, Adcock,Enright, Lower ( puopolo, hibberd, howard)

Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Bartel ( Evans, iles, krakour)

Cox, Petrie ( smith, Bailey)

Franklin, ROK, Chapman, Higgins, Pavlich, Reiwoldt, Smith ( mzungu, Howe, lobbe)

Where too from here? With 5 trades and 200k

• Didsy04

July 12, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Lower to fisher in a few weeks

37. Didsy04

July 12, 2011 at 4:53 pm

My mid for this week Murphy , swan, pendles, redden,foley,Hibberd (Mitchell, atley, a dud). Should I trade foley to a 400k premium or is he good enough??

• Birdy

July 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm

montagna

38. jim cowski

July 12, 2011 at 5:14 pm

get on dal santo. very favorable fixtures (dt wise) for him to come and in great form!!!

• Didsy04

July 12, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Thanks I think I will :)

39. bigdawg

July 12, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Def: Dels, Gods, Heppell, Gibbs, Rawlings, Broughton, Fisher, (Poo, lower, Talia)
    Mids: Redden, ablett, Boyd, Swan, pendlebury, dal santo (GU, Hibberd, Jacobs)
    Ruck: Cox, Petrie, (Smith, McC)
    Fwds: Fyfe, franklin, Volt N, Stevie J, Goodes, Sylvia, Chappy, (Smith I, Howe, J tippet)

what should i do with this team? 4 trades and 32K. Still in eliminator also so thinking i might take that out

July 12, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Great team, save your trades!

• Big Feller

July 12, 2011 at 5:38 pm

• G-Bangers

July 12, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Jacobs to a rookie then Lower to Birchall or Suckling , you have plenty of cover on your bench an this gives you extra finals cover and strengthens your team more for the Eliminator which you’re still in and might i say well done :)

Plus keep an eye on Lower because Freo have a heap of players about to come back into the side .

Hawthorn are the DT points Kings !

• bigdawg

July 12, 2011 at 5:54 pm

yeah cheers g banger i was thinking of doing something like that cos i gotta keep strengthening my team for eliminator. will think about it over the next few days and probably will end up doing it on friday! Sylvia wil come good albert lloyd..i have faith in him

• G-Bangers

July 12, 2011 at 6:03 pm

No probs BigDawg , you gotta roll the dice to get the biscuit !

July 12, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Not with Sylvia in the team you wont

• G-Bangers

July 12, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Sylvia will smash it this week , Melbourne play Port Adelaide !

• bigdawg

July 12, 2011 at 5:55 pm

July 12, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I hope so.

Coz if he doesn’t then that’s it

40. Billz

Billz

July 12, 2011 at 5:54 pm

This is my current team with 5 trades and 39k remaining
    Def. – Gibbs, Goddard, Delideo, Shaw, Rawlings, Enright, Gram (Stanley, Puopolo, Jacobs)
    Mid- Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Shiels, Rockliff, Bartel (Harris, Hibberd, Callinan)
    Ruck- Cox, Smith (Vardy, Keeffe)
    Fwd. – Franklin, Cloke, Goodes, Harvey, Sylvia, N.Riewoldt, Higgins (Knights, Mzungu, Richardson)

My “reliable” cover in Harris is proving otherwise, with Harris unheard of since his axing. With Harvey potentially out now as well and being someone i would have traded in the finals, im contemplating one of these options this week:

Option 1- leaving me with 4 trades and 10k
    – Harvey-Lecras/Brennan

Option 2- leaving me with 3 trades and 50-100k
    – Harris- Fasolo/Jolly
    – Harvey-Fyfe/Pavlich

Thoughts would be appreciated, cheers

• dt lad

July 12, 2011 at 7:04 pm

team looks unique and strong, i would go to lecras and leave it at that for now. option 1

Billz

July 12, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Was leaning that way myself, hopefully Lecras gets back in the guts with the return of Lynch. Thanks for the imput mate, much appreciated.