DT TALK

Trade Talk Tuesday: With destROY

Welcome to this weeks Trade Talk with destROY. This week I have written about a couple of guys who would round out teams quite nicely, including one big unit who I don’t think I have mentioned once this year. Personally, with 6 Hawks in my side and after climbing to 300th this week, the only trade I will be looking at is Alan Didak out (if not selected) in order to maintain some strength with the big dogs out.

• Roy

This week was going to be dedicated to a replacement for Gary Ablett, but given he is a chance to play this week I’ll refrain from that angle. While on the topic of Ablett, as a non owner, I felt sorry for Gaz owners having to put up with all the “I don’t have him because I knew he would get injured” talk, while personally, I didn’t pick him because I knew he didn’t get to play against the Gold Coast, Boom Tish. Here are a few players to consider in rounding out your side, designed to generate some chat:

Name: Scott Pendlebury
Price: 417,100
BE: 115
Average last 3: 106
Bye’s remaining: 0
Captain Potential /10: 8
Owned by %: 35
Quick thought: Pendles is on a run of 7 x 100+ scores in a row and has dropped under that mark on only 3 occasions this year. He has a very good run home, highlighted by a game vs the GC next week. If you have doubts on Gary, this is your boy.

Name: Ben McEvoy
Price: 400,800
BE: 97
Average last 3: 111
Bye’s remaining: 0
Captain Potential /10: 4
Owned by %: 4
Quick thought: Who would have thought that the best big man in the comp leading into finals would be Big Mac?! Since returning to the side after being dropped he has averaged 116 in his last 5 and has not slipped under 100 in that time. He has a great run home including a game vs GC and we all know what rucks do to them. If you have spat the goo at Petrie, welcome Mac.

Name: Colin Sylvia
Price: 304,700
BE: 100
Average last 3: 72
Bye’s remaining: 0
Captain Potential /10: 4
Owned by %: 19
Quick thought: Although he has not been in good form since the massive cork thigh he received, coming off a rest Colin must be considered on sheer potential and the added bonus of DPP eligibility leading into finals. Bar a tough game at Skilled Stadium he has a good run home which includes a game vs GC who he lit up for 132 earlier this year.

Name:  Matthew Pavlich
Price: 378,400
BE: 44
Average last 3: 113
Bye’s remaining: 0
Captain Potential /10: 5
Owned by %: 35
Quick thought: Coming off a bye and fresh from his best month of the year, Pav looks set to finish the season well despite a reasonably tough draw. In the last 4 weeks he has a lowest score of 88, with 3 other score topping 100, highlighted by a 132 and 121. With the potential carnage caused by rested players in the lead up to this years finals, Pavs DPP and Fremantle’s need for him to play could serve teams well and provide the flexibility to avoid unwanted 0’s.

This is the place to throw you trade ideas to the wolves and see if you can work out better alternatives. Good luck with the trades and an even bigger good luck surviving the wolves.

Twitter: @RoyDT

1. jaypick2

July 12, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Just want to get ppls thoughts on this midfield swan ablett griffen o keefe bartel nd martin very unique but has been doing me well

• dt lad

July 12, 2011 at 7:00 pm

mediocre.

2. jaypick2

July 12, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I would go harvey to lecras billz

Billz

July 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Cheers for your opinion :)

3. horse

July 12, 2011 at 6:48 pm

probably need to win this week to finish top 4 in the league but my team is

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Broughton, SUCKLING, Adcock (Hibberd, Batchelor, Talia)

MID: Swan, Boyd, ABLETT, MITCHELL, A.Swallow, Bartel (Jacobs, I.SMITH, Bewick)

RUC: Cox, Smith (BAILEY, Keefe)

FWD: FRANKLIN, Goodes, Johnson, Fyfe, Sylvia, Cloke, Reiwoldt (Mzungu, Dixon, Richardson)

So 4 out of the starting 22 plus smith who would usually be my first back up, is it worth burning a trade considering i only have 3 left or do i roll the dice and risk a possible 0?

• dt lad

July 12, 2011 at 6:59 pm

i would cop the possible zero not worth burning a trade when you have 3 left in my opinion…

4. dt lad

July 12, 2011 at 6:56 pm

6 trades left, $67,100 in the kitty.
    MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Mitchell, Montagna, Scully, ANDREW Swallow……. (Mzungu(fwd), Harris, Buckley(back))

Want to upgrade swallow due to poor form and his finals bye.
    1. Looking at Pendlebury or the likes of Nicky Dal, Priddis or Daisy Thomas. (not sure which one?)
    2. trade down one of my 4 playing ruckman so i can afford Redden or Ablett. (probs option 1)

Best opinions, ideas or some feedback much appreciated lads!

Billz

July 12, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Stick with option 1 i recon, Thomas would be a awesome selection, at his stage of the year you have to look at those “unique” options for the edge, and his ability to bust out 113 with only 56% TOG on sunday shows the type of form the blokes in.

• James2911

July 12, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Andrew Swallow has a BE of 120, with a moderate draw in the coming weeks. You probably need him to be gone by finals, and unless he can pull off something spectacular this week, he will continue to lose you money. Pendlebury and Thomas are scoring well, however they could be rested in the lead up to finals due to Collingwood’s dominance. Dal Santo, Thompson, Pavlich, O’Keefe and Redden are all good choices. You would need to wait two weeks at least before getting Ablett as his price will drop significantly over that time due to Saturday’s 23. In order to generate cash, you could downgrade Harris to someone like Callinan, as Harris is going to find it hard to get back in the team with Swallow and McKenzie rested and Bennell’s recent return. His only real opportunity to get back into the team, is if Ablett takes longer than anticipated to recover, or Iles is rested. You may also want to list your rucks, so we can see what downgrade options you may have.

• dt lad

July 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm

i have cox, ryder, smith and bailey

5. anth80

July 12, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Hey fellow DTers.

How many trades would be enough for finals?? Currently have 3 left. Want to get Daisy but would need to double as im short for Montagna. That would leave me with one. I have no Nth players, 2 Cats which I can cover with Callinan, Jacobs and or Nicholson. One blue with cover and no Bomber players. Would I be skating on thin ice with one Trade left???

Billz

July 12, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Yeh 1 trade left and 8 weeks remianing will require alot of luck to go your way. Who would you be upgrading to Thomas?

6. anth80

July 12, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Either Krak or I. Smith??

Thoughts please

7. Trutwang 99

July 12, 2011 at 8:45 pm

anyone know whats going on with daniel harris?
    why isnt he getting a game?

8. SlightHawk

July 12, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Ruck Choices
    Luenburger or Sam Jacobs (Adelaide) or Mumford?

9. swanlow36

July 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Team as of round 17:

Gibbs, Deledio, Shaw, Goddard, Heppell, Broughton, Adcock (Lower, Puopolo, Jacobs)
    Murphy, Boyd, Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Prestia (Mitchell, Hibberd, Smith)
    Cox, Petrie (Smith, Derickx)
    Fyfe, Goodes, Chapman, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Mzungu, Howe (Franklin, Darling, Lynch)
    CASH LEFT: $35, 100
    TRADES LEFT: 3

Thinking of going Ablett > Redden should he miss this match or is it advisable for me to keep him. What do you think of my current team atm?

10. Bazza_01

July 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Hey guys, looking for thoughts and any advice.

My strongest team is as follows with only 4 trades left and 104.1 in the bank
    Def: Gibbs, Shaw, Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Adcock, Lower (Hibberd, Jacobs, Golby)
    Mid: Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Boyd, Dal Santo, Hodge (Mzungu, Prestia, Callinan)
    Ruck: Cox, Petrie (J.Tipp, Derickx)
    Forward: Stevie J, Fyfe, Buddy, Goodes, Chapman, Sylvia, Didak (I.Smith, Lobbe, C.Rich)

Need to finish the last spot in defence and am looking at Fisher, Suckling or Birchall but with Hawks bye and all 3 having fairly big breakevens I will probably wait for that. What does everyone suggest??

• SlightHawk

July 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Unlucky on the w.e aye mate. Who woulda thought. Man i was spewing too

• Bazza_01

July 12, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Oh mate, it was devastating. Was feeling so great about having Ablett in the team and looking at his name in there for the first time and then boom. At least the scans came back positive because 3+ weeks out would been terrible and the biggest wasted trade ever. Turn found it quite humourous though after we gave him a bit of sh** about not having Ablett :D

11. Ashrashing_It_Up

July 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I have:

1: Nil
    2: Stevie J
    3: Gibbs and Murphy
    4: Heppell and Watson

I am hoping not to trade until Rnd 22 unless I have an LTI, although trading is so appealing and I know I’ll crack

But hopefully I can get through this week without trading

• Ashrashing_It_Up

July 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm

SHIT, commented on the wrong article

Feel like such a GOOSE

12. LoveNHate DT

July 12, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Hi All – somewhat technical query.

Looking at trading Lower or Duigan (6th and 7th defenders) to try to raise some cash for mid and forward upgrade (with Jacobs, Hibberd and some bloke called B Smith from Crows who was meant to be the next big thing – as bench support). Thinking of trading Duigan – finals bye – or should I dump Hibberd and accept $40K less?

Secondly – as the person I downgrade to is unlikely to be required/play – any thoughts on just picking up an $80K’er? No one seems to discuss doing that on here. Any advice would be great. Cheers.

• James2911

July 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I’m not sure who would be best to get rid of Hibberd or Duigan, but I’d keep Lower until Mundy makes it back at the very least. It all depends on how much you need that $40k, because in the end they’re both promising footballers. If downgrading, you could get either Warrick Andreoli or Rhys O’Keeffe, as they both at least have a chance of playing. Michael Coad is pricier at $112,400, but he will have an instant price rise, the first game back he plays. Daniel Talia is probably your best bet bet at $97,600, being a FWD/DEF, and having already got a 64 against Sydney.

13. nicmorto

July 12, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Should I trade
    Hibberd to suckling
    Richardson to pav
    Or
    Hibberd to fisher
    Richardson to chapman
    you can mix and match aswell
    Love your thoughts

14. What up now

July 12, 2011 at 10:04 pm

thoughts on petrie to Jolly?

• nicmorto

July 12, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Bad move. Petrie will come good he’s just gotta wait till his team mates find a way to get the ball to him

• What up now

July 12, 2011 at 10:11 pm

yeah, thinking about finals though

15. nicmorto

July 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm

As long as you have got good cover, 1 player won’t make that much distance

• TheColonel

July 12, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Holy crappola that is the BEST PIECE OF ADVICE i have seen on this website. you are a boss at dreamteam.

16. nicmorto

July 12, 2011 at 10:20 pm

So
    Hibberd to suckling
    Richo to pav
    Or
    Hibberd to fisher
    Richo to chappy
    I know I’ve posted this already but I really want some advice

• Dos Man

July 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm

1st option

17. Chuck Norris

July 12, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Hey lads, I have 5 trades and $97 200 left and my current best team is:

Def: Gibbs, Lids, Suckling, Shaw, Heppell, Broughton, Adcock (Lower, Poo, Jacobs)
    Mid: Gablett, Boyd, Swan, Pendles, Mitchell, Nicky Dal (Hibberd, Prestia, Gu)
    Ruck: Cox, Z Smith (Browne, Curnow)
    Fwd: Buddy, Pav, Chappy, ROK, Sylvia, Zaha, Higgins (I Smith, Lynch, Harper)

I am looking to make these trades:
    Lower -> Goddard
    Zaha -> N Voldt

The first trade allows me to put Heppell as my 8th back for bench cover so he can cover Gibbs’ bye while I he can be on the bench for his finals bye.
    The second trade gets rid of Zaha who has a GF bye but is in great form. In saying that, N Voldt’s b/e is only 39 and has 91 and 99 in his last 2.

How do these trades sound? Should I trade in Voldt this week or later?

18. anth80

July 12, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Is trading in Jonathon Brown a good move?? He’s scored pretty well the last few weeks. Thinking of trading out Krak for him?? Thoughts???

• TheBBH

July 13, 2011 at 10:48 am

Probably worth a punt if you’ve got spare trades lying around…

19. TheBBH

July 13, 2011 at 9:00 am

What do people thinking about B.Harvey, down on points the last few weeks, possibly injured (thumb), finals bye. Would a trade to say O’Keefe make sense?

20. anth80

July 13, 2011 at 10:49 am

Is Lower to Adcock and Krak to J.Brown good trades bad trades??

• Chuck Norris

July 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Lower to Adcock: Definitely not! Adcock hasn’t scored morned 70 in his last 5 games and Lower isn’t doing alright
      Krak to J Brown: bit risky but might be able to pull it off

21. Bazza_01

July 13, 2011 at 11:17 am

Hey guys, looking for thoughts and any advice.

My strongest team is as follows with only 4 trades left and 104.1 in the bank
    Mid: Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Boyd, Dal Santo, Hodge (Mzungu, Prestia, Callinan)
    Ruck: Cox, Petrie (J.Tipp, Derickx)

Need to finish the last spot in defence and am looking at Fisher, Suckling or Birchall but seeming as Hawks have the bye and all 3 having fairly big breakevens I will probably wait for that. What does everyone suggest??

• Chuck Norris

July 13, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Yeah definitely wait on Fisher until his 33 is out of his rolling average in 2 more weeks. I would go Suckling ine week after his bye unless one of the others pulls out a big score

22. Slappers

Slappers

July 13, 2011 at 12:04 pm

i thought about downgrading Sandi to the cheapest ruck. which will give me roughly $330,000

Duigan – Goddard..
    Howe – ROK..
    Pedersen – Fisher..

thoughts?

team at the moment is:
    DEF: Gibbs, Deldio, Shaw, Adcock, Suckling, Lower, Hibberd (Duigan, Pedersen, Howard)
    MID: Boyd, Swan, Fyfe, Bartel, Mitchell, Hodge (Mzungu, Prestia, Irons)
    Rucks: Cox, Smith (sandi, Bailey)
    FWD: Johnston, Goods, Chappy, Sylvia, Pav, N.Riewoldt, Howe (T.Lynch, Richardson, Gordon)

I want to go for a league win.. current spot is tied first but 2nd cos of %

any help would be helpful…

23. djblurr

July 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm

reposting something i posted earlier, just to get some more thoughts:

BACK: Gibbs, Deledio, Shaw, Goddard, Adcock, Lower, Heppell (Puopolo, L Thompson, Otten)

MID: Boyd, Pendlebury, Swan, Bartel, Thompson, Ablett (Bewick, Jacobs, Callinan)

RUCK: Petrie, Z Smith (Sandilands, Keeffe)

FWD: Fyfe, Pavlich, Sylvia, N Riewoldt, Higgins, Krakouer, Franklin (Mzungu, Lynch, C Richardson)

$145k and 8 trades left. I’m only sitting 8th in the league so I’m prepared to use up another 4 trades before finals. What recommendations do you guys have for me?

24. EveryDayMan

July 13, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Boys, long time reader, first time poster.

Just need some help with an issue that is keeping me awake at night.

Option 1 – This week – trade Darling to Callinan, and then Harris to Dal Santo

This means all cash reserves are gone but gets Dal Santo in before a likely hefty cash rise and gets rid of Darling who is losing cash by the minute. Also means hanging on to Dawes as a decent benchwarmer for finals post Rd 20-21.

Option 2 – Next week – trade Dawes to Callinan, and then Harris to Pendlebury

This means I wait until Callinan is back and get Pendlebury in time for his GC game. Bit of leftover cash as well. However, Pendles may be rested that game and means I’m keeping Darling for the rest of the year over Dawes.

By the way, I’m only interested in leagues and have got 5 trades left and $93000 in the kitty. And keen to make one of these trades before Rd 18 as I’m up against my best mate in my league comp that week.

Appreciate any assistance.

25. shadowboxer89

July 13, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I got 8 trades left and think of boosting my midfield to prepare for finals. already got swan, pendles, ablett, hodge and boyd. thinking to trade out dan harris for ian callihan. then kraks for another big high scoring mid fielder, who should that player be? wont have enough money for murphy or sam mitchell but have these players in available in dal santo, judd, scott thompson, priddis. who is the best and most consitent out of these?

• kenjo

July 13, 2011 at 2:53 pm

the most consistent out of those options would have to be Thommo from adelaide but nicky dal is having a bit of a purple patch at the mo. if it was me id go thompson.

26. kenjo

July 13, 2011 at 2:51 pm

hey guys,

my current team is as follows, with 97 k in the kitty and 6 trades remaining:

gibbs, deledio, enright, goddard, adcock, heppell, stanley (lower, jacobs, toy)

swan, pendles, boyd, mitchell, selwood, bartel (hibberd, prestia, callinan)

cox smith (vardy, derrixc)

franklin, stevie j, goodes, sylvia, Nriewoldt, didak, mzungu (howe, richo, lynch(GC) )

After picking cox and ryder at the start of the season, ryder was a major let down so i downgraded him to vardy and played smith for most of it, and up to this point was thinking he is good enough to shoulder the ruck duties in my team for the rest of the year, but with most of the teams positions settled im thinking he needs to be upgraded.

Unfortunately i dont have enough cashola to offload him for mcevoy so was assessing my options and came up with the following sideways/to a certain degree upgrades for smith:

a) leunenberger
    b) jolly
    c) griffen
    d) mumford

i guess the question is, should i trade smith to one of these guys and if so, who?

• kenjo

July 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• shadowboxer89

July 13, 2011 at 3:58 pm

none of these ruck man are any good anyway, why not goldstein hes been averaging about 100 and dominates hitouts.

27. preston007

July 13, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Guys need some help as a rookie dt’r – am filling the last spots in my back line and midfield, looking at 2 options and would appreciate thoughts: krakour to ablett and lower to shaw OR smith to Watson and lower to Murphy. Am just looking for combination which will give me most points before Rd 21 (not too concerned with finals)

• Brappinalong

July 13, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Get Ablett and Shaw mate – no byes

• MTTY

July 13, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I agree definately Shaw and Ablett will score and average more then Watson and Murphy. Also Shaw and Ablett are more consistant.

• preston007

July 14, 2011 at 5:42 am

Thanks guys appreciate it.

28. Fozzey

July 13, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Need to get Watson out of my side, so i’ll have 395k to get a solid mid. I am tossing up between Rischitelli and Embley.. Is there anyone else that would be better? (not including dpp) Cross, Wells, A Swallow and Goodes are other options. Help will be much appreciated.

• MTTY

July 13, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Cooney as an option back to his best. I reckon i will go for him this week.

• Fozzey

July 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm

over embley and rischitelli you think? he totally slipped my mind

• MTTY

July 13, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Well i have Rischitelli too, he is very consistant. Embley is also a good unique and played very well against the Cats last week.

29. MTTY

Thinking; Hibberd & Evans ———————> Talia & Cooney to finish off the team

• MTTY

July 13, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Thoughts on the trade?

• Chuck Norris

July 13, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I would upgrade Kreuzer as you already have 6 premium mids and he has a finals bye

30. Chuck Norris

July 13, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Should I trade in N Voldt for Zaharakis this week or later?

N Voldt
    B/E: 39
    Last 4: 93, 29, 99, 91
    Next 4: West Coast, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Freo
    Other: Very low b/e and no byes but would love to see him one more game to check his form.

Zaha
    B/E: 87
    Last 4: 123, 115, 81, 107
    Next 4: Adelaide, Carlton, Collingwood, Sydney
    Other: High b/e and gf bye but is in great form

31. anth80

July 13, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Is A. Krakouer to Kieren Jack a good trade? Single swap.

Thoughts please

• RossFC

July 14, 2011 at 8:03 am

sounds like a waste of a trade

32. anth80

July 14, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Hey guys me again, sorry to be a pain just want thoughts on trades.

Is Tippett-Z.Smith then Montagna-A.Krak a good trade.

Sorry just wanting some advice..

• FotherMuckers

July 14, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I wouldn’t trade out Montagna because his price will not get any lower

33. FotherMuckers

July 14, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Hey lads I need some advice, I’ve got $265,000 in the bank with 6 trades remaining and thinking of trading Cam Richardson. Who for?

• Ozguyon

July 14, 2011 at 7:31 pm

You could get anyone, Depending on who you have and where you sit in relation to finals. I.E Geelong/Carlton players. The best value forward atm is Jack steven from STK IMO.

34. Ozguyon

July 14, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Looking a ta donut in the forward line.
    No cash.
    Breust to Fyfe. Or Didak to ROK.
    Thoughts?

35. anth80

July 14, 2011 at 9:49 pm

No I was looking to upgrade Krak to Montagna? Is Z Smith to Tippett a good trade also.