Spit or Swallow?
It is an ageless question that has haunted coaches all preseason, but with lockout looming the time has come to make a call, spit or Swallow him up? Is David Swallow in your team? Or does the number one draft pick not get a guernsey? Let us know!
It is an ageless question that has haunted coaches all preseason, but with lockout looming the time has come to make a call, spit or Swallow him up? Let’s weigh up some positives and negatives:
- He is a brilliant footballer, in fact he is the most talented in the rookie priced group and deserves to be rewarded by going all the way and selecting him.
- If you chose not to swallow it could be a massive slap in the face.
- His job security is a good reason to jump out of your comfort zone and get him in.
- If he turns out to be a flop and doesn’t produce, he will be a waste of money.
- If rookies costing $60K less are producing the same, if not bigger scores it will leave a bitter taste in your mouth.
- There are many alternative players I could mention for a similar price but it would be too much of a mouthful. I’m not here to dribble and regurgitate what you already know, so the time is almost here and the decision needs to made before lockout. You can’t afford to make a spur of the moment call that leaves your team looking unfinished and messy.
What are our thoughts? Swallow or go elsewhere?