Fantasy Freako

Fantasy Freako: Pre-season Rave #1

The first Fantasy Freako Pre-season Rave is out now for your viewing pleasure! It includes all of the Dream Team scores from the completed NAB Cup and NAB Challenge games. Sign up at www.championdata.com.au and get it delivered to your inbox every Wednesday.

In it you will also find a “$ per Point” figure to help find some value and some of the Freako’s players he has on his Radar! Plus other hot tips to help you with you Dream Team preseason!

If you haven’t signed up to the Fantasy Freako mailout, then head to championdata.com.au and get on board! This PDF is more of a “must have” than Dane Swan in your Dream Team!

Click below to download the first preseason rave:

www.championdata.com.au

1. BBQbarbs

March 2, 2011 at 2:40 pm

mmmmm freako.
    mmmmmmm nab challenge scores
    mmmmm tog stats

time for a skin

2. Solat

March 2, 2011 at 2:42 pm

link isnt working boys, need to add the “www”

• SD

March 2, 2011 at 3:22 pm

it works mate, it is a pdf file.

• farkwhitsunday

March 3, 2011 at 3:25 pm

spots open

537776

3. PRo_MoE1144

March 2, 2011 at 2:47 pm

hmmm, adcock scores more than easton wood!!!!!!!

• tom

March 2, 2011 at 3:03 pm

he scored 65 though.

• PRo_MoE1144

March 2, 2011 at 3:53 pm

still more tahn easton wood. and iff it were to be a FULL game of footy he probably would have got 85!

• Virgil

March 2, 2011 at 5:49 pm

2nd highest score in his side as well.

Lock and load.

• slickReynolds

March 3, 2011 at 12:43 pm

cant believe people are still considering adcock… go right ahead

• Virgil

March 5, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Jed was one of the leading possession getters on the field to half-time today against Melbourne, should put up another respectable score. Don’t count him out just yet!

4. Brak

Brak

March 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm

love the targets on players names!

5. SD

March 2, 2011 at 3:30 pm

no TOG stats this year ?

6. Chartreuse

March 2, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Freako stated doesnt expect Didak to play, but AFL article thinks otherwise:

“PREMIERSHIP players Darren Jolly, Alan Didak and Tyson Goldsack are all in line to play their first matches for the year in Collingwood’s NAB Cup semi-final against West Coast at Patersons Stadium”

Hope so as I have him in my FWD line at moment but would like to see how he goes before making him a lock.

• Jam Doughnut

March 2, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I’ll eat my hat if didak plays. AFL website always talks rubbish and can be taken with as much if not less salt than that phony dr dream team. They say in line for everyone for everything so long as they arent suspended.

Pies will more than likely rest half their premiership side to give the youngins a bit more accountability and rest up the stars for their eventual gf clash with the saints. Eagles might give them a bit of a scare when they hopefully pull their finger out from last weeks performance

7. PRo_MoE1144

March 2, 2011 at 3:55 pm

im worried about gray and foley. did anyone see them play?????

• Justin

March 2, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Don’t know about Gray but I’m pretty sure Foley only played a half which makes his 55 very impressive. I’ll have to reconsider him now.

8. PieMan

March 2, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Thanks for that Freako, I have been really looking forward to this.
    Not sure on Chris Knights anymore……
    I’m starting to think maybe even someone like Prestia would be better then him.
    It would be risky but I would get 91k…. Hmmmm…. Something to think about….

• ada29

March 2, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Does anyone no what sort of game time Liam Anthony played

• AzzDawg

March 2, 2011 at 5:57 pm

• tom

March 2, 2011 at 5:53 pm

yeah i’m now thinking the same pieman. knights has his potential upsides such as a possible avg of 80 to 85. BUT he is a massive risk imo with his previius injury record plus his recent injury. Also if knights is to avg 80 by seasons end i would probably like to upgrade him out of my team if i have the trades and the cash. If you take into the account of the magic number reducing by about 10-12 % by that time you would have only made 70-80k from him which isn’t a huge reward for his massive risk. Atm i’m not sold wither way on him but i think bringing in prestia may be a smart move.

9. Lenny

March 2, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Always look fwd to Freakos rave! Helped me out heaps last year…. thanks Freako! He states “The importance of nailing your bench this year cannot be underestimated. Unlike previous years when we only used emergencies in case of injury or a late change, in 2011 they will be active for us most weeks.” Too true… even harder with the goldie having a bye in round 1.

10. tkol

March 2, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Historically one of the great pillars on the DT preseason.
    Great to read you again DT Rave.
    Thanks for giving one of my absolute specials the thumbs up! Farrrj

11. SloppyJoe

March 2, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Who will you Gamble on?

12. Bilby

March 2, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Freako needs some proof reading. 3+ disposals per minute would be freaking awesome!

• buck

March 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm

just a bit of wording issue. he means that swan got 1 disposal every 3.04 minutes and hayes every 3.37 minutes and so forth.

• buck

March 2, 2011 at 6:02 pm

actually scratch that. proofreading to be done. apparently joe dare and jaryd cachia play for both carlton and freo lol.

• Holy Waters

March 3, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Yeah Indeed, while they are at it I think the thumb on Leon Davis is pointing the wrong way. Good rave though.

13. PurpleArmy

March 2, 2011 at 7:04 pm

So good having Freako back :)

Waited to see how Bachar Houli went on the weekend…did not disappoint scoring a 92 and at $255k he’s back in my team at the moment, downgrading S Burgoyne to him and pocketing a cool $115k in the process ;).

14. I love Dream team

March 2, 2011 at 7:16 pm

knights or petrie?

• PurpleArmy

March 2, 2011 at 7:21 pm

if you have cover for Petrie in round 1 etc then him, he got 72 points on the weekend…knights got injured….again!

15. goodman

March 2, 2011 at 8:01 pm

cheers for giving away all my bench players……

16. George Chisholm

March 2, 2011 at 8:22 pm

If you got a choice who would you pick?

Sandi or Cox

I can only have 1

• b-rye

March 2, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Cox provides better value but his average won’t be quite as good imo

17. b-rye

March 2, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I’m still not sure if I wanna take a risk on Robbie Gray. Would I be better picking up sumone like Petrie and pocketing the extra cash?

18. scottyb

March 2, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I’m having second thoughts about Sandilands. 7 news in WA just had a segment on Kepler Bradley having shed 5kg to be more mobile around the ground as Freo are looking at using the new sub rule to swap Special K on for Sandilands during the season

• Lenny

March 2, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Yeah, if that happens often through out the season, saving Sandi from burning out, his DT points will drop a little. I could see it definately happening when freo are easily ahead at 3/4 time … Sandi off for an early shower.

• Virgil

March 3, 2011 at 1:17 pm

They’ll probably do it once or twice, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it. It isn’t going to happen all that often.

19. Swannies

March 3, 2011 at 2:50 am

Just your opinions guys,

Stanton, Murphy or Scott Thompson?

• Virgil

March 3, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Thompson doesn’t have the support around him to put up consistent premium scores IMO.

• hinchdawg

March 4, 2011 at 2:31 am

I would choose stanton for sure but still would consider murphy because of that round 24 bye

20. frosty

March 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I just had to leave the DT Talk BigV league, sorry if it stuffs anyone around. The league code is 382897 if anyone wants my spot.

21. Sammy H

March 3, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Look, I hate to be a negative prick, but the Freako is the biggest sell-out since Cuba Gooding J.

There is nothing valuable in the PDF for a half-decent coach, furthermore, most of his “radar” players are not even fantasy relevant for 2011.

Yes, he won the thing once, and his earlier emails were great (plus all the TAC information), but his summaries now are DT babyfood – for beginner’s only.

Also, DT lads, you’ve gotta stop posting articles from every 15 year old with a keyboard and a theory. Develop some proper content – you’ve gone backwards since deck of dream team. Those reviews of each side were laughable, and clearly written by supporters who couldn’t spot the forest for the trees. Get a permanent writer like Kristian at FootyTragic – that kid really knows his onions – or do it yourselves, but don’t lose sight of what this site used to be, the number one resource for DT. Sadly no longer.

Just a thought.

• SloppyJoe

March 3, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Where else can we get NAB Challenge Scores then?

• Benatration

March 3, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Most of their articles are now on Assistant coach now and not here. Who can blame them quite frankly! If I was offered to wtire some stuff about DT for money I’d take the offer strait away. DT Talk in 2011 will mostly be articles written by the fans. But there is plenty of other content out there for the hardcore fans. Footytragic have their own TV show this year + daily articles, Fanfooty, Tooserious, Big Footy DT board and plenty others!!!!

• bloods01

March 4, 2011 at 8:53 am

The Freako’s newsletters are for all levels of participants…not just the elite…if you don’t like it then don’t read it…simple…

22. The Riz

March 3, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Hey guys, Brad Green or Stevie J….?????

23. trrumper

March 3, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Sam Illes has been named this weekend – at last. A shame we dont get to see him on the box.

I was all set to go and see the game live, then my Mrs takes up the classic “teapot stance” (you all know the one I mean – a hand on one hip with the other pointing threateningly) and informs me that I am babysitting this weekend Grrrr!!

24. sparlo

March 4, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Anyone want to comment on Tyrone Vickery’s game? Did anyone see it. Looks like he racked em up but he has not been on my radar at all.

• EMM

March 4, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Watched the entire game on Tiger’s website and didn’t notice him untill the 2nd half where he kicked all his goals. Sound to me he’ll play along side Jack and interchanging in the ruck. Other players that took my notice, Nahas and especially Foley.