That One Day in April: How to win $500
Want to win $500? Then read what dontdropurdidaks has to say. He gives you a hint on how to do your best to win the Round 4 weekly prize.
There have been mixed reviews about AFL Dream Team in 2011. The inclusion of the Gold Coast has created a unique dream team season where previous desirable team structures are not as attractive. Even if the ABC’S were still together and in their prime, you would not necessarily like to have this as your midfield because of the introduction of byes. I have seen some comments like ‘I can’t wait for 2012 when DT is back to normal’. Personally I like the new challenges and considerations for this DT season and have found a way to take advantage of this and do three things that have been previously considered impossible.
- Make use of your girlfriend (non-sexual)
- Get your girlfriend/partner/imaginary friend interested in Dream Team
- Win the weekly prize of $500
Most people going for league wins are stacking up on players from the Multi-Bye rounds. Let’s use round 4 as an example. Any players from St.Kilda, Brisbane and the Doggies will be being picked up by people going for league wins. So it goes without question that these teams will be weaker in round 4 and will probably be carrying donuts. Players going for the overall win will be spreading these players out across their teams to ensure that they have cover. It is likely all of these teams will be paying a premium for Goddard, Boyd, Voldt, Montagna ect. They will also be saving their trades (as best they can) and will have a selection of premium rookies that they will want to get came time to cover the byes.
What does this all mean? Round 4 is there for the taking! This is where your Girlfriend comes in handy.
DT rules are that you are only able to have one team per person. I remember the Josh v Chop incident…. What a loser.. anyway, get your girlfriends permission to use their email address and ‘Help’ them put a team together and tell them $500 is up for grabs and they will probably let you watch every game of the first 3 rounds for analysis.
The advantages you will have in this team is you can:
- Chose to select none of the players from St.Kilda, Brisbane or the Dogs and use your money on the remaining premiums which should create better depth in your team.
- Use all your trades every week if you want.. you only have to get to round 4.
- Start Gaz. His price wont have changed. – Also, only chose Gold Coast rookies who you want on your field for round 4 because their price wont have changed.
- Along that same theme don’t chose rookies from Adelaide or the Kangaroos either unless you’re going to use them on the field because they wont have changed price by round 4.
- Play R. O’Keeffe. The one from Carlton whose name is spelt the way Dave Hughes would say it. He’s only $80,400. Spend your change on your field.
- Play Conners and Lids/ Gibbs and Scotland/ Swanny and Pendles/ Buddy and Cyril/ Bartel and Selwood, you get the picture. Its only one week, probably play as many Hawks as you want as they play the Eagles at Aurora…Sam Mitchell anyone?
- Monitor Calvin’s Captains for those team matchup stats and who is giving up the most points per game. You will have trades to change your mind if someone is underperforming. These trades will also give you an advantage over people who are holding players with 1-2 week injuries.
I have made a league specifically for these round 4 targeted teams which you are welcome to join.
League code is 975266
Given that these teams will probably be untouched after round 4 it would be good to group these teams into leagues so that we don’t spoil the season for other people.
I’m sure there are more things to consider and Round 6 will also be interesting with no Hawks, Cats and Dockers because there will be more price alterations.
If you are going to create such a team put your league code in the comments. Good Luck!